Bollie Brand

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

MandaPanda74 wrote:
ptumey wrote:If it were my company, and I had chosen SO FEW options, I would’ve initially ordered 100 of each item and offered it to the public for a limited 9.99 plus shipping in exchange for their honest feedback prior to launch day. Then take all that feedback and launch amazing products. It might initially be a loss taken in terms of profit but that’s better than a straight up flop of the whole business with no way to redeem it! They missed a huge opportunity having an immediate audience of customers that would’ve swooned over getting to be a part of their business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel so certain that had they priced things more reasonably, answered the questions and concerns it would have been a huge hit but they got greedy and thought their "hard work of designing" the items and the arduous travel to China where they had to feel fabrics, when they could have been sight seeing instead... was worth the crazy mark up. They are stupid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh definitely, if they had priced the dress at $30-$40 minions would have ate that crap up!
But their greed, shady business practices, and down right rudeness has cost them BIG.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Do they still wear the knock off coats?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

[quote But, again, Ellie is going on vacations with her family and doesn't even mention Bollie, so I almost feel like she's kind of checked out. If it did well, she'd be all over it, but now that it's not, she's just pretending it doesn't exist.[/quote]

They don't handle it well if you point out the fact they aren't mentioning it. I made a comment yesterday about it was interesting that they didn't mention it at all last week nor in yesterday's vlog and Bonnie was mentioning it at the end of each video to go check out their new clothes line. Here is their response to me last night.

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago
Ok, have you seen our new clothing line? Sure hope you check us out. How is that? = )?

Me thinks I hit a nerve with them! Unless it starts doing well, I don't think we will hear another mention of Bollie from E and J in the vlogs!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Id be really curious to know the partnership % between B&J and E&J. Have they both invested 50% financially? Id ask about time but they both only care about $$ so its irrelevant.
I wonder if Bonnie has put more money into this and that's why she is pushing it in her vlogs?
I also would love to know the tension E&J are causing by acting like theyre not a part of this major flop of a launch.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

sheltiefan wrote: Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago
Ok, have you seen our new clothing line? Sure hope you check us out. How is that? = )?

Me thinks I hit a nerve with them! Unless it starts doing well, I don't think we will hear another mention of Bollie from E and J in the vlogs!
HAHAHA! Wow, you just can't be like that. I would love to with my end users and stakeholders at work sometimes too but I wouldn't be employed long.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

sheltiefan wrote:[quote But, again, Ellie is going on vacations with her family and doesn't even mention Bollie, so I almost feel like she's kind of checked out. If it did well, she'd be all over it, but now that it's not, she's just pretending it doesn't exist.

They don't handle it well if you point out the fact they aren't mentioning it. I made a comment yesterday about it was interesting that they didn't mention it at all last week nor in yesterday's vlog and Bonnie was mentioning it at the end of each video to go check out their new clothes line. Here is their response to me last night.

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago

Me thinks I hit a nerve with them! Unless it starts doing well, I don't think we will hear another mention of Bollie from E and J in the vlogs![/quote]

Where was this? Is it still there? That’s the rudest thing I’ve ever seen. Sounds like Ellie doesn’t it? She’s horrible. With their channel failing and this Bollie fiasco, it’s really obvious she’s a huge part of the problem.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gopedjane wrote:
ptumey wrote:If it were my company, and I had chosen SO FEW options, I would’ve initially ordered 100 of each item and offered it to the public for a limited 9.99 plus shipping in exchange for their honest feedback prior to launch day. Then take all that feedback and launch amazing products. It might initially be a loss taken in terms of profit but that’s better than a straight up flop of the whole business with no way to redeem it! They missed a huge opportunity having an immediate audience of customers that would’ve swooned over getting to be a part of their business.

They also have unnecessary overhead. Instead of making that bedroom a filming room for Bollie videos with an expensive painting that should be their warehouse, and they should be shipping their orders. This all brings up the cost of their items. Once it's successful and you can justify the cost then you farm it out. I think they should have went with the same amount of inventory with more options with plans to restock as inventory was low.

I'm sure that they considered all of these options but I think they went with the less work option assuming that they wouldn't have to build their business from scratch without any market research. Their Market being their audience.

Also, the whole it's made in China and not disclosing this information up front I don't even understand. I'm pretty sure that the majority of the clothing that I own has been made by cheap labour and some pieces are pricey, however I have never paid that much for polyester. My point is, I don't think in general people care. They are just trying to understand the price point which is the underline problem, not where the items are made.
It's not just "understanding the price point". People have actually commented that they would be more supportive of products made in the USA, because there's this whole "buy American" thing going on. So hiding the origins of the clothing is especially skeevy.

janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

janem wrote:
sheltiefan wrote:[quote But, again, Ellie is going on vacations with her family and doesn't even mention Bollie, so I almost feel like she's kind of checked out. If it did well, she'd be all over it, but now that it's not, she's just pretending it doesn't exist.

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago

Where was this? Is it still there? That’s the rudest thing I’ve ever seen. Sounds like Ellie doesn’t it? She’s horrible. With their channel failing and this Bollie fiasco, it’s really obvious she’s a huge part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yea I wanna know if it's still posted somewhere. She, Ellie, bc I'm sure it was here who responded on whatever platform that was posted, is such a Bitch. I'd like to know why she thinks she can talk to ppl the way she does and it's ok. But all I said was we all miss that old Ellie, in the pic she posted at 25 weeks pregnant with each boy and I got blocked. It was bitch of me to say, but true. She always comes across as snarky snotty bitch mode. She would get her ass beat in the real world talking to ppl to their face..i guarantee it..i wonder if her and Jared ever have arguments about how she is or he just goes along to get along, happy wife happy life kinda deal. God to be a fly on the wall in their house. I saw somewhere someone said they knew ppl who could hack into nest cams and literally just sit and watch. I would never ever go that far, but that would be the camera I'd wanna watch and listen too what's said. For sure.
ZapRowsdower
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ZapRowsdower »

janemom1 wrote:
janem wrote:

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago

It is still there - OP posted the comment 23 hrs ago. E+J fired back their rude comment 5 hours later. It is on yesterday's vlog. I had to see if it was real, too! So rude! #canttakeconstructivecriticism #bubbledwellers
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

I know this is the "Death Of A Company Called Bollie" errr & brand too!
But on the topic of Ellie being such an ugly person & downright mean to others do you think it comes from her limiting calories so strictly?
I'm genuinely asking & not being mean.....3 years ago at 25 weeks into Jackson's pregnancy she wasn't at an alarming low weight. It seems to me after Calvin's birth is when she dangerously controlled calories as this may have been the only thing she could control in her life at that time. The picture of Ellie making snow angels in her bathing suit is SHOCKING - I feel a large part of her ugliness is she is HANGRY on a whole other level.
Crazy to me how coming from such a large family, & public platform no one can get across to her how much help she needs.
I'm babbling now....

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Emmalinelola1 wrote:I know this is the "Death Of A Company Called Bollie" errr & brand too!
But on the topic of Ellie being such an ugly person & downright mean to others do you think it comes from her limiting calories so strictly?
I'm genuinely asking & not being mean.....3 years ago at 25 weeks into Jackson's pregnancy she wasn't at an alarming low weight. It seems to me after Calvin's birth is when she dangerously controlled calories as this may have been the only thing she could control in her life at that time. The picture of Ellie making snow angels in her bathing suit is SHOCKING - I feel a large part of her ugliness is she is HANGRY on a whole other level.
Crazy to me how coming from such a large family, & public platform no one can get across to her how much help she needs.
I'm babbling now....

She was skeletal at that time. And anyone who said anything about her weight was considered "mean" and a "hater" and she said she was "trying to gain weight" which was totally BS, especially since she was going to the gym with Bonnie who was trying to _lose_ weight, and working out together.

ZapRowsdower
Amateur
Amateur

lmmomSD wrote:
Emmalinelola1 wrote:I know this is the "Death Of A Company Called Bollie" errr & brand too!
I'm babbling now....

She was skeletal at that time. And anyone who said anything about her weight was considered "mean" and a "hater" and she said she was "trying to gain weight" which was totally BS, especially since she was going to the gym with Bonnie who was trying to _lose_ weight, and working out together.

It is sad! I wish she knew more about how to eat well and nurture herself...well, outside of "Lush baths." But you know what I mean - she needs real, deep healing, the kind which goes beyond "thinking positively" or "treating yourself."
ZapRowsdower
Amateur
Amateur

I'm babbling now....

That is an excellent observation. But we've seen home videos of her as a kid acting similarly. So partly hanger, partly immaturity, maybe?
janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

Again..i agree with all the above. She just looked so much healthier when she was 25 weeks along with Jackson. Her face was the perfect fullness. Hell even in the birth vlog her face was gorgeous. She just seemed so much happier. Not this fake over the top screeching she does when she's "happy" now. I also wonder if all the outside beauty primping and treating herself to lush baths etc is to do with how she feels on the inside. She tries to look so perfect in her eyes so ppl think it's perfect. I could see her being like the one episode of doctor Phil I saw where a woman was anorexic then went to binging and purging so ppl would think she was actuallybeating bc they actually saw her doing so. Literally hiding the big freezer bags of vomit in her closet. I know ppl have eating disorders. I know I saw a very strong woman on here post that she dealt with it as well and that's amazing strength to admit that on a public forum, but I just don't see her saying out in the open I have a problem, I need to eat different, better, whatever it maybe. Idk now I'm babbling too...
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

[/quote]Where was this? Is it still there? That’s the rudest thing I’ve ever seen. Sounds like Ellie doesn’t it? She’s horrible. With their channel failing and this Bollie fiasco, it’s really obvious she’s a huge part of the problem.

It is still there - OP posted the comment 23 hrs ago. E+J fired back their rude comment 5 hours later. It is on yesterday's vlog. I had to see if it was real, too! So rude! #canttakeconstructivecriticism #bubbledwellers[/quote]

I posted it on You Tube yesterday. Reason I commented on it was I had seen in some of the other social media sites people commenting on how Bonnie seemed to be doing all the work and promoting. E and J are acting totally separate from Bollie. Neither of them have mentioned the giveaway unless it was late this morning. They did this big hype before announcing it and then a few days afterward and then silence when things starting going so badly. I figure it was Ellie that made the comment. I wonder how Bonnie feels about all this. She's doing all the promoting, and personally, Ellie was ugly to Bonnie during that vlog last week on the dress. Stressing how they had Extra small for people like her and then large for people built like Bonnie, etc.

I checked the comments on that dress vlog yesterday too. A lot of comments were deleted, although they did leave some of the ones that would be considered negative by Ellie. They did remove all comments that talked about the dress running small. Multiple people had commented that they had got a dress, and just as a FYI, it did run smaller than size. That was really a bad thing to do because the person getting an extra Large thinking it's going to fit may get a surprise when it doesn't fit and will be out the money due to no returns!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

MandaPanda74 wrote:

I feel so certain that had they priced things more reasonably, answered the questions and concerns it would have been a huge hit but they got greedy and thought their "hard work of designing" the items and the arduous travel to China where they had to feel fabrics, when they could have been sight seeing instead... was worth the crazy mark up. They are stupid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I don’t know if it would have been a huge hit. I have yet to see a picture of the dress looking good on anyone, Bonnie and Ellie included. The zippered sports too does not look like it would serve its purpose. Maybe people would have gone for the leggings. They messed up with the pop sockets. They should have done children’s clothing and had their kids model.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

janem wrote:

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

It does sounds like something Ellie would say, but Jared is typically the one who uses that smiley face = ). I know that’s dumb to notice lol but I’ve seen plenty of obvious Jared replies that include it and none where Ellie does. I think Jared’s a bit bitter this “business” he got dragged in to is a massive flop. I can’t imagine how Joel is feeling.

Nightshade
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nightshade »

Bonnie is STILL promoting other clothing companies, but in that one video with Ellie she threw off on other brands. :-? I wonder how Albion Fit would feel about that.
mellybelly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mellybelly »

Ellie and Jared
2 hours ago

Me thinks I hit a nerve with them! Unless it starts doing well, I don't think we will hear another mention of Bollie from E and J in the vlogs![/quote]

This post showing their reply to you is what finally made me unsubscribe from them and register here to make a comment. I even left a reply comment on that video because that’s how disappointed I am in their attitude towards all of the feedback regarding Bollie. The way they responded to you is super snarky and really catty.

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Wow, they certainly have an attitude problem. The way they responded to the comment is very telling. It tells me they are pissed b/c the clothing line is failing and their channel is declining. They might actually have to join the real world and get real jobs. They are just showing their true colors and finally people are starting to see what we have been seeing all along. Ellie is such a bitch.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”