Bollie Brand

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by staceymj »

shewolf_07 wrote:
KatAce95 wrote:Did anyone else notice the bad stitching on Ruby's dress?
That's some high quality stitching right there. I probably sound like a broken record but I just can't get over how cheap that fabric looks. Bonnie and Ellie are nothing but some low down scammers. Why didn't someone tell them this was a terrible idea? Why?????
I could sew better than that and I haven’t sewed anything more than a button since the tenth grade (12ish years ago). But it’s a high quality $100 dress right? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

staceybrax wrote:
shewolf_07 wrote:
That's some high quality stitching right there. I probably sound like a broken record but I just can't get over how cheap that fabric looks. Bonnie and Ellie are nothing but some low down scammers. Why didn't someone tell them this was a terrible idea? Why?????
I could sew better than that and I haven’t sewed anything more than a button since the tenth grade (12ish years ago). But it’s a high quality $100 dress right? Image

Not only that, but the shoulder block cuts you can see clearly indicate a bad, cheap pattern. You only see that in the most dirt cheap stuff.

It also cuts off the flow of the print, which makes it look ever worse and even cheaper.
They can yap all they want about it being comparable to a high end dress, but no true high end dress would butcher the fabric design by cutting it that way.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I don’t know who that is, but she’s not going to give a bad review. Instagram and YouTube people have come out and said that they don’t really give honest reviews when they are given products, even though they say they do.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

WriteMeOut wrote: Not only that, but the shoulder block cuts you can see clearly indicate a bad, cheap pattern. You only see that in the most dirt cheap stuff.

It also cuts off the flow of the print, which makes it look ever worse and even cheaper.
They can yap all they want about it being comparable to a high end dress, but no true high end dress would butcher the fabric design by cutting it that way.
That's what I noticed that the shoulders have like patches on the tops of the dress. This is very strange like you said because it cuts the pattern right there.
lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 1f517f.jpg[/img]

The seem on the arm/shoulder looks so weird to me. Like it was cut crooked. Shes too tall for this robe/dollar store towel. It just looks so scratchy and cold.

Aussiegal2017
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aussiegal2017 »

Why do they say custom fit when it’s is mass produced in 3 basic sizes lol too funny

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

staceybrax wrote:
shewolf_07 wrote:

That's what happens when you have slaves chained to sewing machines making your dresses. But they chose a "good" sweat shop, right?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lwilson1081 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 1f517f.jpg[/img]

The seem on the arm/shoulder looks so weird to me. Like it was cut crooked. Shes too tall for this robe/dollar store towel. It just looks so scratchy and cold.

And the sleeve is too short for her. It's supposed to be a 3/4 sleeve. Not up above your elbow.

Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

That is awful! You would not get stitching like that on a $200 Nordstrom’s dress. I almost fell over when Ruby said the dress was worth $200...maybe $29.99 but not $200.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Looks like tablecloth material

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

Ouch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shewolf_07
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shewolf_07 »

shewolf_07 wrote:Ouch
Whoops. Uploaded the pic in duplicate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

I want to see them explain the stitching on the close up of ruby's dress. It'll be oh that one dress out of hundreds we bought got messed up or something like that. Anyone else able to find other people in the dress and zoom in on those places?? I'm blocked on Bollies Instagram, but I bet searching for #bolliebrand would have someone in the dress pop up?? I'm just curious to look at others now. That was a great find!!! I'd also say I wish someone would send them that picture and demand an explanation, but one they would never say a word, it would get deleted from where ever and two I'm sure they'll see it on here since everyone is certain that read here =)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

My grandmother taught me to sew when i was a very small child. When i was 10 i was sewing neater seams on a machine than that crap. I'm glad to see some honest reviews.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

The hashtag is FLOODED with screenshots for the giveaway which gives them more exposure (I’m sure that was their goal), but it also buries any legitimate fanstomer posts about the products lol. There’s also a random post in the hashtag of a person’s wrist tattoos and the caption says “I love the acrylic case”... okay?

lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

The robe looks like something a 12-year-old would wear. It does not look like a grown woman’s robe, it’s just way too small. I hate how they keep saying it’ll last you 10 years or so, do you know how many years I’ve had my Walmart robe that I bought at the local Goodwill thrift store for $1.50 because it was half off that day and it still looks brand new. It’s mainly all in how you take care of it. And it has long sleeves and it’s kind of fluffy but when I give my youngest a bath I roll the sleeves up on it. I own rental property. I can’t tell you the number of times that I’ll see packaging sitting in front of their house of something that they have bought and six months later they’ll move out and leave said item and it’s totally trashed because they didn’t take care of it. And I’m not saying anything against renters, this is just the people that I come in contact with on a very regular basis. And it’s only a few renters that I end up getting. I know homeowners can be the exact same way. Because unfortunately I have some in my immediate family.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I just check instagram the #bolliebrand is probably to drown out our #bolliebrand #bolliebrand s

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... b44569.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 3dc3a9.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

I found one picture of a woman wearing the dress saying she's always hated summer dresses or something to that effect and now she loves this one? And yes it's like hundreds of giveaway screenshots when you search the hashtag and like 2 ppl wearing stuff. One is the leggings.
cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 1f517f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

That's Elle Lindquist. She has a Youtube channel, which I admit I enjoy very much, but I groaned when I saw her in this robe. Like, one, girl - it was -8 where you lived the other day! That robe is not going to be the least bit enjoyable in the winter! And two, please, please, PLEASE do NOT suck up to these women by buying their wonky Chinese knock-off slave labor created items. When this entire Bollie thing blows up in their faces, I, personally, would not want to have my name, face, or brand anywhere near it!
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MandaPanda74 »

Wow. That's terrible. It's a $100 "on sale" for $80. That's totally unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”