Our Family Nest

skyandbuildings
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Our Family Nest

Unread post by skyandbuildings »

With almost a million followers I was surprised I couldn't find any threads on them! Does anyone watch? What do you this?
thetruthseeker
Talker
Talker

Re: Our Family Nest

Unread post by thetruthseeker »

Love them
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

I don't like how their kids are so disrespectful to them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
skyandbuildings
Amateur
Amateur

bbaby18 wrote:I don't like how their kids are so disrespectful to them.

Really? I've never thought their kids were overly disrespectful. Honestly, I think they remind me a lot of my relationship with my parents growing up, and now I'm very respectful towards my parents. I think it's something they'll grow out of. A lot of the time they're just very sarcastic too, which I think is great!
cookiequeen0
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiequeen0 »

They have a guru gossip page that is more active.

I personally like how real they are. I think its because they have older kids. Its a nice change of pace from the typical mormon families that try to portray themselves as a "perfect" family
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

cookiequeen0 wrote:They have a guru gossip page that is more active.

I personally like how real they are. I think its because they have older kids. Its a nice change of pace from the typical mormon families that try to portray themselves as a "perfect" family
Could you link me to that thread please?

NotSusan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotSusan »

Yay me too please.
skyandbuildings
Amateur
Amateur

bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

skyandbuildings wrote:https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=30300

Here it is! I just found it
It wont let me view. Says I need to be logged in even though i am!

NotSusan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotSusan »

It won’t let me either but no worries. Let’s keep this one going.
I watched yesterday’s vlog, kind of begrudgingly because I’ve been turned off of their whole attitude lately and it ended up being Karli and friends in class - not paying attention - having laughs at others’ expenses. (Borderline bullying). All in all it was nice to see Karli away from her overbearing mom and just being a teenager. But she was smacking this nasty piece of gum non- stop and to the point wher it became the focus of the vlog.
Anyway, several people commented on the gum and Candy wasn’t haven’t.
First she said the person was mean for pointing it out. BS
Then she said Karli just forgot to spit it out. Again. BS
Then, everyone chews gum and we should get over it. Big ole BS on this one. We learn to keep it in our mouths.

Candy just gets plain bully like her sister Heather.
cookiequeen0
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiequeen0 »

I've been trying to give Karli a chance because I know that I was pretty similar to her as a teen, and I feel like she will mature more as she get older. But lately it's really hard to like her. She can be downright mean, espcially when she's with her friends. I saw her most recent video on her channel and she was SO rude to Lily. No wonder she has drama at school! I think Karli and Lily had a falling out a few months ago, and this video kind of made it clear as to why. Lily RUN
skyandbuildings
Amateur
Amateur

cookiequeen0 wrote:I've been trying to give Karli a chance because I know that I was pretty similar to her as a teen, and I feel like she will mature more as she get older. But lately it's really hard to like her. She can be downright mean, especially when she's with her friends. I saw her most recent video on her channel and she was SO rude to Lily. No wonder she has drama at school! I think Karli and Lily had a falling out a few months ago, and this video kind of made it clear as to why. Lily RUN
I think they must have, at least they definitely drifted apart. She swaps friends so quickly but at her age, that's pretty common - at least with my school at her age.
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

I felt so bad in the video of Karli getting inappropriately touched. Shes younger than me. So upsetting.
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by uklaydee »

I really like them and I like the family dynamic. I don't think the kids are any more disrespectful than any other teenagers, but I think that Candi and Ken have a handle on it off screen.

Karli with her friends...the whole atmosphere always seems pretty catty, and as if Karli believes the hype surrounding her/youtube etc to the point that she thinks others are lucky if she decides to spend time with them, but again, a lot of teenagers are pretty self centred and it is likely something that will change with maturity.

The incident on the holiday was awful, and I would have been as upset as Candi was if it was my kids it happened to. I am cautious of her using it as further justification for keeping Karli in a bubble though. I do understand what she means about the attention from youtube, and the threat of attacks or whatever, but Karli needs to be able to experience being on her own too. School trips are not only about the education, they are about those other skills...independence, being away from home, coping with situations. It is a self perpetuating cycle really. They treat Karli as a weak little girl that needs protected, and the result of that will be an adult woman that always looks to a man to save her. The best thing anyone can do for their teenage daughters is to teach them how to be independent, resourceful, aware of misogyny, able to defend themselves, and aware of the world around them. Protecting them from all that reaches a point where it is doing more harm than it is preventing.

Like I said, I really like them, and even on the above issue I feel they are acting out of what they consider to be the best intentions. They go above and beyond for those kids, and are not fake like other youtubers.
Justanothermama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Justanothermama »

I like them but, if you comment and ask Candi a question about how she parents, their children subscribers will attack you. It is pretty annoying especially when you are asking a serious question about girlfriends and what not.

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”