Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by Playsinrain »

canyoudancing wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
canyoudancing wrote:Am I the only one that thinks it’s strange that they used Cullen’s sister’s wedding photographer to take posed pictures of them?
Where did you see those?
On their Instagram. It’s the one of them posed in front of the truck. One with Brooks by himself as well.
Oh i saw those, i had no idea they were done by the wedding photographer though, they just looked like regular iphone shots to me..
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

auntasaurus19 wrote:Omg I haven’t watched today’s vlog yet and I can’t right now because we are watching a tv show but holy shit I can’t wait to see this shitshow. OBVIOUSLY she reads here, right? We were all talking about her hair right around the time that vlog would have been recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the same :), but Kelley has her extensions done very recently, I believe for the first time in her life as well. With Kelley, people commented it took 10 yrs off her age. It really looked natural, as far as I could see.

@Scar, so true!!!! what you said about those 2 instances, one of which was Katie's reaction to Brooks, precisely what I was experiencing and thinking too!

So Jay said Gaines was a diva just like her mom, lol.... Gaines, a 3 yo nobody, was neglecting Jay when he asked her something nice in Florida. And Katie didn't prompt her to respond. Just like when Gaines was totally neglecting her own father only a few days before, and Katie was defending her behavior instead of her spouse, when Cullen asked Gaines something but Miss was too busy watching a vlog on a tablet on the couch with Katie sitting right next to her. Instead of taking Cullen's side and correcting Gaines, she did the total opposite: She is watching a vlog!, she called to Cullen, physically the two of them in a 1-pack on the opposite side of Cullen. Just moments before, Gaines had commanded her father to be quite and stop talking. Katie had neither responded by she shouldn't talk to her daddy like that and ask in a friendly manner, or with: shhht! Daddy is talking to the vlog!

I am more disturbed by the way Katie is having a 1 unity bond with Gaines on the opposite side from Cullen, in a pretty screwed up triangle relationship. Besides from being unhealthy for the development of Gaines' personality (she's already acting out such intense arrogance), it is totally Katie who is destroying their marriage right now....so sad and frustrating to have to witness. She should have been on the same page with Cullen (and with Jay's for that matter) and have defended him, as the parents of preschooler Gaines. I'm also tired of Katie's stupid projections on Brooks and Gaines, and how she is dividing the family in two. And she didn't have it in her to comfort Brooks when he was scared by the 'prank' her sister's family did on them when they arrived in Florida. Her father (a male!) (Granddoc) did have the instinct to reach out his arms to Brooks, and took him over from her.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kelly has extensions as well?? I had no idea, which is a good thing, bc i feel like that is important. lol But why on earth did Katie not go to whoever Kelly had her's done by instead of some lady who is stuck in the 90's and has no idea how to do extensions?? (or talk her clients out of bottle bleaching their hair for so long they think their hair is "naturally short") Surely if Kelly has had them done Katie would have talked to her about them before she did it, right?? Kelly should make her sister an appt with her stylist asap to fix that hot mess.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:Kelly has extensions as well?? I had no idea, which is a good thing, bc i feel like that is important. lol But why on earth did Katie not go to whoever Kelly had her's done by instead of some lady who is stuck in the 90's and has no idea how to do extensions?? .
ImageImageImageImage
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Kelly has extensions as well?? I had no idea, which is a good thing, bc i feel like that is important. lol But why on earth did Katie not go to whoever Kelly had her's done by instead of some lady who is stuck in the 90's and has no idea how to do extensions?? .
ImageImageImageImage
Either that or shes too scared to fire her stylist. She needs too... asap I mean, the lady who did my hair in high school is NOT the same on e show does mine now. Maybe it's her mom's stylist..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen's post in memory of his dad had me a little emotional. I have the same sorts of memories with my dad in Panama City. Him helping us bodysurf, riding his shoulders out to the sand bar bc i couldn't touch until we got there. Crabbing at night, lucking out one time and watching a sea turtle lay eggs and head back to sea... We always stayed at The Dunes, which i sure would bring back the same types of feelings for me if i saw it today. My dad hasn't passed, but i haven't seen or talked to him in 13 years and he's currently (well last i heard) living in the Philippines. I have a lot of hard feelings about my father, but reading that post of Cullen's brought back some happier memories.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 5fc9b0.jpg[/img]This is what Katie’s half braid reminded me of. ( old lady on grown ups)

Uncsgrl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Uncsgrl »

Playsinrain wrote:Cullen's post in memory of his dad had me a little emotional. I have the same sorts of memories with my dad in Panama City. Him helping us bodysurf, riding his shoulders out to the sand bar bc i couldn't touch until we got there. Crabbing at night, lucking out one time and watching a sea turtle lay eggs and head back to sea... We always stayed at The Dunes, which i sure would bring back the same types of feelings for me if i saw it today. My dad hasn't passed, but i haven't seen or talked to him in 13 years and he's currently (well last i heard) living in the Philippines. I have a lot of hard feelings about my father, but reading that post of Cullen's brought back some happier memories.
I really liked that post. It showed that he has more substance than just frat boy trapped in a dad bod. (No hate to a dad bod...I kinda like it.)
Next month marks 10 years since my daddy passed away. I was 21 at the time and it's still a fresh grief. I cherish my memories and it's always bittersweet when I am reminded of something about him I hadn't thought of in awhile.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I didn’t know Kelley had extensions either. Is that in a vlog somewhere? I’d like to see what she has to say about her hair.

Katie’s extensions looks like she cut the hair off the back of a Repunzel doll at Walmart and glued it to the back of her head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This may be an unpopular opinion-- but it seems like when he does something that gets criticism, (like the way he was acting the other day) he whips out some post on social media about his dad. And then everyone feels bad for him. Jay's mom _just_ died, but he isn't filling social media with posts about her, is he? My dad died while I was pregnant with my son. I see things that remind me of him all the time. But I don't run to post about it.
Seriously, I think these two live way too much of their lives on Instagram and Twitter. What are their kids going to remember about Cullen? That he was always on his phone or filming them? Maybe instead of posting about it, he should go make some new memories with his kids.
And by no means am I belittling his grief or saying he needs to get over it. Just his need for public validation of it.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:This may be an unpopular opinion-- but it seems like when he does something that gets criticism, (like the way he was acting the other day) he whips out some post on social media about his dad. And then everyone feels bad for him. Jay's mom _just_ died, but he isn't filling social media with posts about her, is he? My dad died while I was pregnant with my son. I see things that remind me of him all the time. But I don't run to post about it.
Seriously, I think these two live way too much of their lives on Instagram and Twitter. What are their kids going to remember about Cullen? That he was always on his phone or filming them? Maybe instead of posting about it, he should go make some new memories with his kids.
And by no means am I belittling his grief or saying he needs to get over it. Just his need for public validation of it.

I had the same thought. He has great memories of his father. What will his kids remember about their childhood? Gaines is surprisingly dismissive of him, so something is off there. He needs to stop acting like a child and start acting like a man. He’s the father now... he needs to start acting like it.

PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

Isn't this the anniversary of his death?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PhoenixFeathers wrote:Isn't this the anniversary of his death?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
If that's the case, then I understand better. But he does tend to post a lot about his dad. And I understand that their relationship was problematic. But he needs to work on that with his therapist, get off social media so much, and work on his relationship with his kids.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:This may be an unpopular opinion-- but it seems like when he does something that gets criticism, (like the way he was acting the other day) he whips out some post on social media about his dad. And then everyone feels bad for him. Jay's mom _just_ died, but he isn't filling social media with posts about her, is he? My dad died while I was pregnant with my son. I see things that remind me of him all the time. But I don't run to post about it.

I honestly thought the same. Today is the anniversary of his death, so it's understandable that he would post about it, but every other time, his behavior is excused with "oh, he must be struggling with the loss of his dad." That might be part of it, but only a small piece of the puzzle.
canyoudancing
Talker
Talker

Unread post by canyoudancing »

Playsinrain wrote:
canyoudancing wrote:Am I the only one that thinks it’s strange that they used Cullen’s sister’s wedding photographer to take posed pictures of them?
Where did you see those?
On their Instagram. It’s the one of them posed in front of the truck. One with Brooks by himself as well.[/quote]

Oh i saw those, i had no idea they were done by the wedding photographer though, they just looked like regular iphone shots to me..[/quote]

Oh sorry! I just assumed the pic of Cullen and Katie was done by a photographer.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by askeptichere »

2 stay at home parents up past 2am packing the night before a trip that they knew was happening, and that they go on every single year. I just don’t understand.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:2 stay at home parents up past 2am packing the night before a trip that they knew was happening, and that they go on every single year. I just don’t understand.

They are completely unable to prepare ahead of time. I don't get it. Every school commitment entails a panicked run to the store the night before the activity, and midnight instastories of themselves frantically putting together things they found on Pinterest. They're always rushing to the airport and hoping not to miss their flight.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:
askeptichere wrote:OMG LOL!!! In today's JK vlog Katie braided only the extensions and left the rest of her hair down. She's a hot mess.
Here's a screen shot of the mess....
That's awful. And Brooks does not look happy!
OMFG, the ratchet red neck makeover is complete, she's morphed into Mama June.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:2 stay at home parents up past 2am packing the night before a trip that they knew was happening, and that they go on every single year. I just don’t understand.

They are completely unable to prepare ahead of time. I don't get it. Every school commitment entails a panicked run to the store the night before the activity, and midnight instastories of themselves frantically putting together things they found on Pinterest. They're always rushing to the airport and hoping not to miss their flight.

This is dead on. WTF is up with them? You’d think C&K would have this parenting thing figured out by now but they just get worse at it. i just watched the JK today and Kelley seems to really have her shit together, organized, cooks healthy meals for her family, the kids are well-behaved for the most part, etc. Katie could take some lessons.

And I know I say this all the time but... Brooks has the worst temperament I have ever seen. He freaked the fuck out about that silly string. What an insufferable child. No wonder Grand Dolly doesn’t take him on her own for Grand Dolly day, who would want to deal with that shit? The only time he seems content is when he’s got three pacifiers and even then he seems like he could break at the drop of a hat.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think some of Brooks behavior has to do with the turmoil he was born into. K and C’s marriage has been on the rocks for months and months. Gaines has turned into a brat and Brooks is a anxious crying screaming toddler. It makes me sad for them. They cater to Gaines to keep her quiet because she can talk, Brooks just screams so they find him intolerable.
Breaks my heart for him.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”