Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

nelliebee
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by nelliebee »

I can't bring myself to watch today's video because Corbin's voice truly gets under my skin but why would this school want them to go visit a class of kids? Couldn't they get a bigger named youtuber instead of these guys? They basically run a mommy channel what kid would get excited to see them?
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I did some research into the company Effect.org that they are working with. Everything about this trip is sketchy and sounds like a total scam. They send groups on cookie cutter trips where they visit schools then spend a few days brainstorming ideas to help the schools. Then they do some touristy activities and leave, no follow up or actual impactful work is done. I literally think this company set up a couple schools to use as a front for “voluntourism”. They can just keep bringing in their rotation of volunteers, have them “teach” a lesson to the students, and call it a day. To the untrained eye, it’s a win-win, kids get to go to school, rich westerners get to feel good because they “helped” some poor little brown kids, and the company makes a pretty penny off of expenses. It’s ridiculous really. Here are some screenshots from the site with some of my favorite tidbits...including the no kids rule (how the heck is June going to fit into all this?!) and the need for vaccines before going. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 605cfd.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 0178ec.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... ba8c47.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 0bc027.jpg[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wait-- you have to apply to be "selected" to go along? And they actually have a "How do we select applicants ?" question? I'll bet anyone with a bank balance, credit card, and a high credit limit is "selected"
And who wrote this? "Spend the afternoon learning the Wander Family"? How does one "learn the Wander Family"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

lmmomSD wrote:Wait-- you have to apply to be "selected" to go along? And they actually have a "How do we select applicants ?" question? I'll bet anyone with a bank balance, credit card, and a high credit limit is "selected"
And who wrote this? "Spend the afternoon learning the Wander Family"? How does one "learn the Wander Family"?

That line ended up weird because this is a copy and paste type of thing I believe. The exact same thing was written for some other expedition leaders, just with their name pasted in. There were other spelling errors on the site as well. They pretend to be crunchy, earth loving world travelers but this trip is anything but that. I can’t wait to see the group of suckers that ends up on this trip, that is, if they even find enough people to make it happen.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Corbin's brother posted this on IG today:

sonnyrayscott I have TWO extra permits to Havasupai Falls! The dates are March 28th-30th. Once in a lifetime trip! You can’t get reservations for a whole year but I have two ready to go this week. Perfect for Arizona locals. LAST MINUTE WANDERERS #havasupaifalls #arizona #phoenix #northernarizona #scenicarizona #desertparadise

I wonder if Kelsey and Corbin bailed on the trip? I really don't think June's prepared at all for it. Are they really camping for THREE DAYS?? It was nice to see they actually went for a hike for a change in today's vlog, but where do they got off STILL saying they are "wanders" — they barely leave the house!!!

I thought it was funny they needed some beers and a lot of food post-hike. They won't get that in AZ — alcohol is banned at their camping area! :-o :-o :-o (Even I take a bottle of wine on my backpacking trips!)
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Their hiking video today of getting lost was ridiculously fake. I don't watch many of their videos anymore, so is it usually that obvious that their clickbait title is completely fabricated?

Kelsey's parents were originally supposed to go on the hike, weren't they? So maybe they're the ones who aren't going. If they can't even drum up fake enthusiasm for an 11-mile hike (see: Kelsey complaining about the waterfall drying up and then saying how beautiful it was anyway in a really monotonous voice), they're not going to get the millions of viral views they're hoping for by going to Havasupai.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Oh how I would love to see Missy and Bryan take those extra tickets

AleJa0611
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by AleJa0611 »

I hate how much they have changed. I've been following them since Kelsey was pregnant. I loved how they were into living simplistically. Now they throw money away like it's going out of style. I don't watch them much anymore. The videos are so boring. Its funny how hyped they were about the G diapers, when they originally were going to use cloth for June in the beginning. I commented about it and my comment disappeared

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

When is the hike ?

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:So, if they actually find 20 people to go with them the $50,000 from fees goes to the company running this thing???? That seems like a big scam. I looked at the company's taxes and $50,000 would be a big chunk of change for them for a 7-day trip and they don't cover much of anything travel-related. When Corbin says he wants everyone going with them to "leave something there," they are — THEIR $$$$$! LOL!

These career day school visits are stupid. What do Corbin and Kelsey have to offer?? Are they being honest with the students about what they actually make on YT? I doubt YT will even be around in 15 years.

And, yes, they've announced again that they are moving again before the end of the year. If they are moving when their lease is up that's only FIVE months away. They really waste a lot of money on moving. This will be their fifth place in THREE years — six if you count the cabin at the beach where they lived for 2 months.
I missed the moving announcement, but I'm not surprised. Of course they bought a big dinning room table and king bed, bought the fridge, bought the sod and built garden beds only to move by the end of the year. It's going to be a shock to them when they have *two* kids and flying by the seat of their pants with no planning or forethought becomes even more stressful.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tnchk1187 wrote:When is the hike ?
It's March 28-30, but they have to drive about six hours just to get to the trailhead—so I think they are leaving SoCal today.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Just looking through Corbin's brothers IG. Wouldn't even know they were related. Sonny seems vaguely interesting. Where Corbin is such a dbag.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I love how Kelsey is acting like she knows what she is doing. LMAO!!
Why pack and carry a whole separate tent and huge ass parka just for June to sleep in when you can easily let her cosleep with them to keep her warm? Packing light and packing only the things you really need are two huge things with backpacking. Their packs are gonna weigh a million pounds. She talks about how when you have a baby you HAVE to pack all this stuff and how much it weighs, ummm i just checked 2 things of your list you don't need Kelsey, and i've NEVER backpacked with a baby.
I'm sure you feel more comfortable with Corbin carrying the backpack, but it's not like he would give you the option to carry her, he has to be in control of everything with that kid. (yes her reasons make sense, but i'm sure it's not Kelsey's idea)
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

Oh perfect, an informational video on how to backpack and camp with your baby by two idiots who haven’t done either.

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

[quote="alyssadt"]Oh perfect, an informational video on how to backpack and camp with your baby by two idiots who haven’t done either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Lol flashbacks to their pregnancy
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

I hope for June the trip is okay. But I want nothing more than it to be a disaster for them and those who didn't tell them don't bring a baby... I hope him an her are miserable. Her video is ridiculous. Just because other families have done it means nothing. Other families have brains and know how to plan and prep. You two read a blog and think you're seasons backpackers with a child.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Either they thought the video would get more views if they sounded like they were an authority, or they really think they know what they are doing and are in a position to dole out advice based on some internet research, despite the fact that they have never camped or backpacked with a baby before.

I guess I just fail to see what the baby gets out of this trip apart from Corbin and Kelsey getting to say they did this all with a baby in tow. It’s all about status with them and being able to brag that they somehow live up to this image they’ve created for themselves on YouTube that is so far from reality. The baby would be perfectly happy and comfortable at home with a relative for the weekend. She is too young to remember or appreciate such a grueling trip, she’s going to be miserable and it’s potentially dangerous. Once again, this is all about Kelsey and Corbin.

It should have finally occurred to them that this would not be a fun trip for a one-year-old when they realized that they do not co-sleep comfortably anymore, but instead they just run out and buy more stuff that they need to haul on the trail so that the baby has her own sleeping arrangements. I can’t imagine trying to carry everything that a baby needs to be comfortable on your back for days. This is going to come back to bite them, and they will still play it off as if it was the trip of a lifetime. We will never directly see the bickering and the stress, but I would not be surprised if it is readily apparent in the videos.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder how many people have actually signed up to go to India with them. They mentioned people can do fundraising to pay for the trip, so I'm assuming their numbers are low. Maybe Kelsey's sister or Corbin's brother will go?? I can't imagine many of the people who watch them actually want to spend $5000 just to travel with them. Have they ever even done a meet-up (without DBs)?? I wonder if they really have "fans" of their own.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

This hike is going to be difficult on so many levels. I actually looked at the website. It’s $140/person per night!!!! Weekends have an extra fee. No wonder his brother was trying to get rid of 2 spots!
It’s also an open campground and could be crowded since it’s spring break. June is a baby who could be crying a lot from the heat, tiredness or boredom. I just think it’s so rude for them to take her on a trip like this for the first time. We know that Corbin and Kelsey think they’re so experienced. He was complaining after last weekend about blisters.
There are helicopters that can take them out if it’s too much for $85/5 min ride. It won’t surprise me in the least if this happens.

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Sorry double post.... just saw on the website that the reservations are non transferable and non refundable. If caught I guess you could be banned
It’s on an Indian reservation, that’s why such strict rules.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”