True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by eab424 »

Daphne32 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Daphne32 wrote:Also, I imagine they’re Southern Baptist? I actually don’t know what kind of church they go to, and that’s another big no no in their religion.
Nah, i grew up southern baptist myself and there was never any talk of divorce being a no no, hell our minister of music went through a divorce while i was an active member there. And this wasn't some progressive church either, hellfire and brimstone preaching, old school southern baptist. I was never told or taught that divorce was never an option.
I'm not sure they are Baptist though, they have dedication services for the babies, we don't do that. You aren't baptized or christened as a baby, you only are baptized after you reach the age of accountability and can actively accept Jesus into your heart. My grandmother is the most strictly religious Southern Baptist woman i know and she was fine with my sister got a divorce, but swore to her she was leading my infant nephew into the gates of hell bc he was christened. Her parent's also do some prayers and folding of the hands that i was never witness too in church. I have always thought they might be Methodist or even Episcopalian.
Oh yea, I’m thinking of Independent Baptist, like the private school I went to back home. That shit fucked me up. SO legalistic. I’m talking Duggar stuff. And the funny thing was my parents weren’t even that religious, they sent me there because it was supposedly a good private school and they had a great football team. *eyeroll*
I saw Gaines being dedicated. I saw the name of the church they attended and it was something baptist. I think they started church shopping not long after I know some of their family members went there. I don't know what church they attend now. I have noticed a lot of youtubers who start out going to church at the beginning of starting their channel, and are humble and nice change after a while and then admit in some vlogs they haven't been to church in some time. I stopped watching them regularly when brooks was born. They really changed and their videos just stopped being interesting. That giant outdated house they bought. The amount of money they paid vs. how much in updates it needs. SMH. I know it had been on the market for quite some time. There are nicer homes in the area that aren't as expensive and are updated and have similar sq footage this one has.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Why do they always have so much stuff on the floors? I couldn’t deal with that and I definitely wouldn’t vlog or Instagram with my floors so messy.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by askeptichere »

Double post
Last edited by askeptichere on Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone else ever hear someone call a winter hat a toboggan? It’s a sled, not a hat.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... e40d8f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

askeptichere wrote:Anyone else ever hear someone call a winter hat a toboggan? It’s a sled, not a hat.
They've addressed this before. It must be called that in their region. Similar to soda and pop. I know Eastern side it's called a sled/toboggan, more so a sled.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Anyone else ever hear someone call a winter hat a toboggan? It’s a sled, not a hat.
They've addressed this before. It must be called that in their region. Similar to soda and pop. I know Eastern side it's called a sled/toboggan, more so a sled.
That makes sense. I looked it up and apparently it’s short for the French “toboggan cap.”

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Southern thing.. that had is a boggan or toboggan and a sled is well.. a sled.. lol
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

My mom is from Ohio and we grew up in the south and she always complained about this ImageImage

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Georgia girl here and that is definitely a boggan or toboggan on his head. A sled is what you ride.

jdmjackson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jdmjackson »

formerctfxcer wrote:

My mom is from Ohio and we grew up in the south and she always complained about this ImageImage

Yup!!
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 93a1e8.jpg[/img]

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I can't believe how low the views are (I mean, I CAN believe it but wow!) on yesterday's vlog - only 14k. I bet a lot of people were turned off by Katie's piss poor attitude while they were at the beach house, bitching about her "expensive weave" and other condescending remarks towards Cullen during the trip.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

They are just sooooo boring.

They need something going on to engage the viewer.

All the " you're awesome " remarks come from other family vloggers who probably don't even sit through the whole vlog.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I was at my daughter's Special Olympics basketball practice last night, and her coach reminds me so much of Cullen. He's a big goofy good ol' boy. He likes margaritas. But he channels his goofiness into coaching the kids. They all love him. I wish Cullen would volunteer like that. I think it would help so much, in so many ways. Getting him out of the house, getting some gratitude for his healthy children, and an outlet for being silly.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I was at my daughter's Special Olympics basketball practice last night, and her coach reminds me so much of Cullen. He's a big goofy good ol' boy. He likes margaritas. But he channels his goofiness into coaching the kids. They all love him. I wish Cullen would volunteer like that. I think it would help so much, in so many ways. Getting him out of the house, getting some gratitude for his healthy children, and an outlet for being silly.

Didn’t he used to teach swim lessons? That would be great for him. Especially to work with kids or adults with special needs.

Nightshade
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nightshade »

People are calling them out on the poor title choice. :lol:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nightshade wrote:People are calling them out on the poor title choice. :lol:
Especially with Jay's recent tragedy. That's really crass. And that "Our New Beach Hpuse"-- clickbait much? Maybe I'm nitpicking, but nobody in the family bought it, so it's not "Our New" anything.

God, Cullen looks like Larry the Lobster. Does he ever put sunscreen on? Reapply it?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I was at my daughter's Special Olympics basketball practice last night, and her coach reminds me so much of Cullen. He's a big goofy good ol' boy. He likes margaritas. But he channels his goofiness into coaching the kids. They all love him. I wish Cullen would volunteer like that. I think it would help so much, in so many ways. Getting him out of the house, getting some gratitude for his healthy children, and an outlet for being silly.

Didn’t he used to teach swim lessons? That would be great for him. Especially to work with kids or adults with special needs.

That's exactly what I was thinking of. They have swimming at the Special Olympics.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

lmmomSD wrote:
Nightshade wrote:People are calling them out on the poor title choice. :lol:
Especially with Jay's recent tragedy. That's really crass. And that "Our New Beach Hpuse"-- clickbait much? Maybe I'm nitpicking, but nobody in the family bought it, so it's not "Our New" anything.

God, Cullen looks like Larry the Lobster. Does he ever put sunscreen on? Reapply it?

Maybe someone bought especially for Katie and Cullen so they don’t have to put up with their problems. ImageImage

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

" *adorable* 3 year old " :lol:
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

lovingthisforum wrote:" *adorable* 3 year old " :lol: