Myka Stauffer: Adopt a kid, buy a dog (part 2)

Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Myka Stauffer: Adopt a kid, buy a dog (part 2)

Unread post by Bekkaz »

thetruthseeker wrote:I wonder how she plans to potty train Huxley. He's still a little guy but if he's as developmentally delayed they say he is, they should start introducing that now to get a head start.

Myka might see talking as something that's optional but potty training isn't. If he chooses not to talk, that's cool, he could probably find a job that doesn't require him talking but using the toilet should be mandatory
I can't imagine they'd look at toilet training him for at least a year if not 2-3 years. Why force something if the child isn't showing signs of being ready? He's 2-3years old and you are talking about a job and assuming he'll never talk and if he's not toilet trained now, won't be in the next 18years. That's crazy! Let him be the wee kid that he is! Who cares if he doesn't toilet train until he's 5?
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Thats how I feel about all of it!! I support getting him into therapy but it seems like the day she got him she wanted a diagnosis. She keeps push autism even after the therapist told her his behaviors could just be caused by such life change events in the past 6 months!! Give the kid a break!!! Let him meet milestones on his own. Obviously encourage them but stop pushing and pressuring him, this will only back fire and hurt him!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thetruthseeker
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thetruthseeker »

Bekkaz wrote:
thetruthseeker wrote:I wonder how she plans to potty train Huxley. He's still a little guy but if he's as developmentally delayed they say he is, they should start introducing that now to get a head start.

Myka might see talking as something that's optional but potty training isn't. If he chooses not to talk, that's cool, he could probably find a job that doesn't require him talking but using the toilet should be mandatory
I can't imagine they'd look at toilet training him for at least a year if not 2-3 years. Why force something if the child isn't showing signs of being ready? He's 2-3years old and you are talking about a job and assuming he'll never talk and if he's not toilet trained now, won't be in the next 18years. That's crazy! Let him be the wee kid that he is! Who cares if he doesn't toilet train until he's 5?
He has mom who got him as a project but then lost interest and is now giving him vitamins instead of more intensive therapy, probably because they don't want to pay for it. All of this was in good heart.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

thetruthseeker wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:

He has mom who got him as a project but then lost interest and is now giving him vitamins instead of more intensive therapy, probably because they don't want to pay for it. All of this was in good heart.
He's going to multiple therapies. And while I know others think he was just a project I don't believe that for a second!
LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

Now is not a good time to start potty training him. From what I've seen (I haven't watched much lately though) he is showing no signs. Forcing that on him will only delay the process significantly. If he starts showing signs and they don't potty train him, though, I will be super annoyed. It will probably take him longer than other kids to become potty trained and that is perfectly fine. But pushing it too early will only backfire.
Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Loverach06 »

LynnGLOVE8989 wrote:Now is not a good time to start potty training him. From what I've seen (I haven't watched much lately though) he is showing no signs. Forcing that on him will only delay the process significantly. If he starts showing signs and they don't potty train him, though, I will be super annoyed. It will probably take him longer than other kids to become potty trained and that is perfectly fine. But pushing it too early will only backfire.
Yes! Whoever said they HAVE to start now or they will never potty train him obviously has not dealt with delayed kids.

My daughter didn't show signs until she was 3.5. Shes autistic with SPD & potty trained in less than a month. It depends on the kid & the specific needs they have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
nevermind1987
Informer
Informer

Unread post by nevermind1987 »

Holy moly guys! Now James is on one. Did anyone see the new vlog about Huxley going to pre school? Well, in the first few mins where jimmy is taking him to ore school, he looks very stoned! Like he literally is talking and looking like he’s high! Whoaaa
nevermind1987
Informer
Informer

*pre school
nevermind1987
Informer
Informer

Oh! Then he says “high is right!” Later on. Jesus..
MommyCrusader
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MommyCrusader »

nevermind1987 wrote:Holy moly guys! Now James is on one. Did anyone see the new vlog about Huxley going to pre school? Well, in the first few mins where jimmy is taking him to ore school, he looks very stoned! Like he literally is talking and looking like he’s high! Whoaaa
He's probably really freaking tired, after all he's got 4 kids, a wife, a full time job, and a YouTube channel. And if he is toking, good for him, lol! I'd need a joint too if I had to deal with all that. ImageImageImage

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

MommyCrusader wrote:
nevermind1987 wrote:Holy moly guys! Now James is on one. Did anyone see the new vlog about Huxley going to pre school? Well, in the first few mins where jimmy is taking him to ore school, he looks very stoned! Like he literally is talking and looking like he’s high! Whoaaa
He's probably really freaking tired, after all he's got 4 kids, a wife, a full time job, and a YouTube channel. And if he is toking, good for him, lol! I'd need a joint too if I had to deal with all that. ImageImageImage

Myka - toking up is one thing, but driving while high esp. with a child in the car is not even something to joke about.
Not that I think he was high at all - then again...plant based diet lol
MommyCrusader
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MommyCrusader »

Bekkaz wrote:
MommyCrusader wrote:

Myka - toking up is one thing, but driving while high esp. with a child in the car is not even something to joke about.
Not that I think he was high at all - then again...plant based diet lol
Btw, not Myka.

nevermind1987
Informer
Informer

I think he was high.
thetruthseeker
Talker
Talker

Honestly he probably was high. They seem a lot more modern than they lead on. Probably not as strict and religious as they lead on either. They're definitely not Phil and Alex, I can totally see them smoking pot or having edibles.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

The thing is in Ohio its not legal. So if he got caught while driving with the kids that could screw up a lot with the adoption and custody of kova. So pretty stupid on his part and whoever wants to defend his reasons for doing it.

charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

thetruthseeker wrote:Honestly he probably was high. They seem a lot more modern than they lead on. Probably not as strict and religious as they lead on either. They're definitely not Phil and Alex, I can totally see them smoking pot or having edibles.
If this is true then I wish they’d just be themselves, I would be more inclined to like them then.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Autism mama here, so a few things from my perspective-
1- potty training should not be pushed esp with special needs kids because they can develop anxiety around it, making it harder. Sensory issues can make it extremely uncomfortable/scary, and therapists are very helpful with this sort of thing.
2- while he may not have autism, a diagnosis helps because ABA (behavioral) therapy is HUGE and the sooner, the better. A diagnosis will allow them to have insurance coverage and better access. I'd push for any/all info ASAP for early intervention leading to better outcome.
caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by caseofwanderlust97 »

Kaylor1 wrote:The thing is in Ohio its not legal. So if he got caught while driving with the kids that could screw up a lot with the adoption and custody of kova. So pretty stupid on his part and whoever wants to defend his reasons for doing it.

I have family that lived in Ohio for several years on military orders & my cousin has been a rehab nurse in three different states, including Ohio. There is truly an opioid crisis there. It's somewhat common for people to carry narcan with them in case they run into someone who has overdosed. That being said, if Myka and James do smoke weed or at the very least have edibles, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me. Especially with as easy as it is to get ahold of it where they live. I should also mention that I'm aware weed isn't the worst thing in the world. It's just not smart to be using it in front of young children. Question... in which video or videos was it mentioned that James will be adopting Kova? There's very few of their videos that I still watch.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

caseofwanderlust97 wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote:The thing is in Ohio its not legal. So if he got caught while driving with the kids that could screw up a lot with the adoption and custody of kova. So pretty stupid on his part and whoever wants to defend his reasons for doing it.

I have family that lived in Ohio for several years on military orders & my cousin has been a rehab nurse in three different states, including Ohio. There is truly an opioid crisis there. It's somewhat common for people to carry narcan with them in case they run into someone who has overdosed. That being said, if Myka and James do smoke weed or at the very least have edibles, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me. Especially with as easy as it is to get ahold of it where they live. I should also mention that I'm aware weed isn't the worst thing in the world. It's just not smart to be using it in front of young children. Question... in which video or videos was it mentioned that James will be adopting Kova? There's very few of their videos that I still watch.
I think OP means adoption of Huxley and Myka having the day to day custody of Nakova. If drugs are in the home (which I doubt), the bio-dad could apply to have day to day custody of her.
thetruthseeker
Talker
Talker

caseofwanderlust97 wrote:

I haven't heard anything about adopting Kova. I don't even think he could, could he? Kova has a father already and it seems like they have some sort of documented custody plan. Unless they're doing it for insurance reasons. If he adopted her (have legal rights and decisions over her) wouldn't one of her parents need to sign their rights away?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”