staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Hoellein: The Bold & The Blocked | Part 15

Unread post by staceymj »

lmmomSD wrote:
candy_toffee wrote:
cwm93 wrote:Based on Bonnie's response, I'll go ahead and assume that no, no one was out there watching her toddler. Also, Bonnie seriously needs to get a handle on a little light criticism. Sorry, but to many people, your two year old son outside, near a street, ALONE is going to be worrisome to many.
It amazes me how out of touch with reality she is when it comes to safety of her kids. Maybe she thinks that their neighborhood is safe or crime rate is less than national average in utah, but it does not discount for the fact that crime of opportunity is quite ordinary and can happen anywhere. And given how easy it is to find their address (it's on front page of google, you don't even have to click a link), anyone with wrong intentions can easily have access to the kids.

Whenever I receive an amber alert, my heart sinks for the kid and the parents. I don't know if Bonnie even realizes how many predators are out there. They are so careless I have no words.

Wonder if she ever heard about Elizabeth Smart. She was from SLC (and mormon) and kidnapped from her own bedroom. She was later found safely but it points out how even when parents believe that kids are safe, anything can happen and I hope Bonnie and Joel don't learn it the hard way.
Or Danielle Van Damm-- she was taken from her bedroom when her parents were hanging out downstairs! They lived in a nice suburban neighborhood. And guess what? It was a neighbor who took her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Australia a little boy William tyrell was playing in his grandmas front yard in a small country town on a quite road, he was taken and hasn’t been seen since. That was about 4 years ago.
Madeline McCann, taken from a hotel room while she slept. Hasn’t been seen in 10 years.

There’s hundreds of these cases and they’re so public. Lincoln could be taken from their front yard in seconds and they would have no idea until it’s way too late.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I never liked the zoo.
Until I took my first child and we turned the corner and she started squealing in complete amazement because a real life elephant was right in front of her!! I will never forget that day of just watching her face light up every new animal we saw. It totally was like she realized all these things from her books were actually real!!
So if Bonnie wants to miss out on that its her loss. The kids hopefully will get to go on a field trip with school.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

cwm93 wrote:Based on Bonnie's response, I'll go ahead and assume that no, no one was out there watching her toddler. Also, Bonnie seriously needs to get a handle on a little light criticism. Sorry, but to many people, your two year old son outside, near a street, ALONE is going to be worrisome to many.
Bonnie is such a bitch. An idiotic bitch, at that. People are worried for her children's SAFETY. Something she obviously doesn't care much about. Her disgusting attitude is so aggravating. Poor kids deserve better.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

This bitch is seriously crying over needed hearing aids? Get over it! People get diagnosed with terminal diseases everyday. THAT is something you cry over! She pissed me off so bad with that video!
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Defuego wrote:
bananayellow wrote:It's possible that Bonnie's herpes simplex 1 virus caused her hearing loss. She should probably stop kissing her kids on the face for their sake.
That was my first thought. As often as she gets cold sores that could definitely be a factor. I won't touch anything or anyone when I get them. I wash my hands a million times a day. I don't understand how you could kiss someone knowing you have an active cold sore. Gross.
seriously. On the rare occasion I have a cold sore, I don’t kiss my daughter or fiancée at all. It’s common sense.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

staceybrax wrote:They have a huge, fenced in backyard, why on earth they would let any of their kids play out the front by themselves blows my mind.

Just like Jess letting her kids play in the street.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

She's not just crying over hearing aids - she is doing it on camera, for the world to see, with a title crafted to get attention. It's one thing to have a private pity party, and another thing entirely to do it for profit. And the poster who mentioned how her attitude could affect young viewers who need hearing aids, including young children, made a very good point. If Bonnie had dealt with her emotions privately and then checked her attitude, she could have used her platform to spread a message of love, acceptance, and learning to be comfortable in the body you have (religious translation: the body God gave you). But she really isn't interested in anything like that. I wonder if she hoped this would discourage "mean" commenters and give her a break from the Bollie backlash.

As for the zoo - she is a vlogger FFS. A nice day at the zoo, with kids little enough to still respond with awe, excitement, etc - would be lovely material for her channel. But I get it, that would require effort. Easier to send them outside alone to play, film them in time out, etc.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
staceybrax wrote:They have a huge, fenced in backyard, why on earth they would let any of their kids play out the front by themselves blows my mind.

Just like Jess letting her kids play in the street.
Exactly. I can’t stand jess, she’s an entitled bitch and she will raise her kids to be entitled assholes just like her. She is what happens when you don’t tell people no and people cater to your every want and need.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

at what point does the frequency at which they allow their children to be in mindbogglingly dangerous situations become fair reason to believe they’re just kinda passively “not trying/not preventing” some sort of tragedy for vlog fodder?
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

She posted the "Summer Fun List" on instagram, and "zoo" DID make the list. I just wish she could have treated Boston's idea with respect instead of making a face. At his age he doesn't know quite how to interpret that. We all know it's about her, but a kid could interpret that very differently.

Also from that list... "Drive in" was spelled "Drive inn". Is there a genetic condition that causes you to make words more complicated than they are ;)
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Catching up on the vlogs, but the "scene" where Joel is sleeping on the floor in the living room and Lincoln brings his dog and lies down is so obviously scripted for the vlog. Joel pretends to sleep. They conveniently cut out the audio while Bonnie directs from behind the camera. Lincoln clearly looked right at her and grinned (he is SO cute) near the end. I bet we will see some outtakes in the bloopers this month. Honestly I wouldn't have questioned the genuine sweetness of that scene except Bonnie herself shows us what goes on behind the scenes. I also noticed that that scene got TONS of comments about how sweet it was, so even more incentive for her to keep setting these types of things up.

The interaction between Lincoln and his Grandma, however, was 100% genuine and absolutely adorable!
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

ICantEven wrote:Catching up on the vlogs, but the "scene" where Joel is sleeping on the floor in the living room and Lincoln brings his dog and lies down is so obviously scripted for the vlog. Joel pretends to sleep. They conveniently cut out the audio while Bonnie directs from behind the camera. Lincoln clearly looked right at her and grinned (he is SO cute) near the end. I bet we will see some outtakes in the bloopers this month. Honestly I wouldn't have questioned the genuine sweetness of that scene except Bonnie herself shows us what goes on behind the scenes. I also noticed that that scene got TONS of comments about how sweet it was, so even more incentive for her to keep setting these types of things up.

The interaction between Lincoln and his Grandma, however, was 100% genuine and absolutely adorable!
If anything, the bloopers just show us how fake and scripted they are. It ruins it for us- now we know everything is not how it seems; yet Bonnie loves and hypes the bloopers up. I don't think she understands...
hanalilly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by hanalilly »

cwm93 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Dramatic princess wrote: And not that it’s even right, but he came in the front door. Never mind a fenced back yard. Unreal. I’d never in a million years let a small child outside alone. And two minutes of footage but that was a whole list of things to do. Longer than 2 minutes to write that so I only hope at the least they checked on him through out
Bonnie has always done these things with her children. Boston was outside in the front at Lincoln’s age and younger and nobody batted an eye. It’s crazy how everyone has turned on Bonnie.

"Nobody batted an eye" - Um, hi. I'm here, BATTIN' MY EYES. I am the first to admit I was never an avid viewer of hers (and I only joined these boards less than a year ago), so I can't honestly say I remember every single instance where one of her kids did something similar - but it doesn't matter! I would have been just as shocked and horrified if it was Boston doing it NOW, let alone at 2 1/2 years old! This is not about anyone "turning" on Bonnie. This is about her opting to do something completely reckless and irresponsible with her child. Even if it were Olivia and Cody I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable with them playing out front with zero supervision. People can easily access their home address! Anyone could have driven by in those two minutes and snatched Lincoln from their yard. He could have run out in their street and been hit! Don't try and morph this into a pity party "woe is Bonnie people are being mean." I'm saying that in light of getting demonetized, in light of having her address easily accessible, Bonnie and Joel should keep a closer eye on their children and not let their TODDLER out to play six feet from the street with ZERO supervision!

The word "common sense" comes to mind and it's baffling it doesn't strike her or you like that as well.

This is so true... her address is most definitely accessible to ANYONE and it’s scary to think that with her subscriber numbers growing as they are, we are not living in a perfect world and there are bad people out there. I really enjoyed watching Bonnie as I truly felt as though she was a down to earth, relatable person but there has been a definite shift of late, and I feel sad about it as I really used to looked forward to watching... Image

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
ICantEven wrote:Catching up on the vlogs, but the "scene" where Joel is sleeping on the floor in the living room and Lincoln brings his dog and lies down is so obviously scripted for the vlog. Joel pretends to sleep. They conveniently cut out the audio while Bonnie directs from behind the camera. Lincoln clearly looked right at her and grinned (he is SO cute) near the end. I bet we will see some outtakes in the bloopers this month. Honestly I wouldn't have questioned the genuine sweetness of that scene except Bonnie herself shows us what goes on behind the scenes. I also noticed that that scene got TONS of comments about how sweet it was, so even more incentive for her to keep setting these types of things up.

If anything, the bloopers just show us how fake and scripted they are. It ruins it for us- now we know everything is not how it seems; yet Bonnie loves and hypes the bloopers up. I don't think she understands...
Clearly she does not understand what she is revealing. If she ever does come to understand, she won't be able to blame it on the "haters" either. Nope, this one's yours 100% Bonnie.

ETA: Can't she figure out that if it were a good idea, other vloggers (i.e. her family at least) would start doing bloopers too?
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

I started watching E+J then slowly moved into watching Bonnie and Joel ..I’ve watched the other sisters a handful of times just never got interested. I do watch Matt and em a lot more now than any of them but I noticed something. Both Ellie and Bonnie give the jabs at others, even each other. Always wanting themselves looking better, not realizing how ugly they appear when doing it.
Sometimes I read comments that seem well, a bit to spot on. (This goes for both sides). I wonder since we know they both read here, if truly they each have accounts here and blast each other picking out flaws.
I know I watched Ellie through both pregnancies, after that she changed and I lost interest. They got boring. They bragged to much. They went from looking as wholesome as they could to showing us how much of entitled brats they are.

For as brilliant those girls are (lol) maybe they think if they jab each other here will make us go back to their side lol.
It’s also the middle of the night for me and I can’t sleep so my theories always get more wild with lack of sleep lol
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Honestly, at this point the finger of irresponsible parenting also has to be pointed at Joel. He was the one with the nonchalant comments to Lincoln when he walked in the door. If Joel's reasoning for also letting his 2 y/o play out front unattended is because 'we did it as kid's and we're fine' then he needs to rethink his judgement as a father.

Whilst I get that Utah/the Utah Mormon community seems to be still living in the 1950's when kids played out in the streets as the norm, the rest of the world is living in 2018 and is very aware of how quickly something devastating could happen; especially because the Hoellein's put their children online for the world to see. Strangers know:

1) Where they live
2) Their children's names
3) Their children's ages
4) Their children's likes/dislikes/hobbies
5) Their parents names
6) Their wider families names

etc etc etc

As many up thread have said, an opportunist drive through would take mere seconds and would be a couple to several miles away before either Bonnie or Joel would even know what happened. My stomach churned watching that scene because if there really was no adult out there with him it literally beggars belief and is reprehensible. IF Joel is acquiescing to Bonnie's parenting because she's-their-mother-and-therefore-knows-best (and because he's afraid to face Bonnie's wrath if he crosses or questions her) then shame on you Joel. As the saying goes Joel ''Bad things happen when good people do nothing.''
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I can imagine Bonnie’s response video if something did happen to the kids when left out front unsupervised.

“But... I thought that’s what we’re supposed to do!” (Performed whilst crying)

*major eyeroll*

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Oh look.... another scene filmed at that random plot of land....

I think she's trolling us at this point.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yes that random plot at the side of a highway again. Even the first time I was a bit skeptical that it was somewhere they would build a house. In the bloopers video for that month there was some footage that was from the same place and it sounded like they had parked at the side of this busy road and ran up some hill to film it. When they talked about it I think it had a name. Maybe its a local spot. At least that's the feeling I got, but its been a while since I watched the blooper video.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Yes I think Bonnie is trolling. They may be looking for land to build, but I don’t think they would build along a busy highway. They will build in a new development where homes are built on an acre or so. Bonnie needs the kids to be able to go out to neighbors homes to play with other kids, ride bikes unsupervised so she can play with her hair, get her nails done, lashes fixed. If she’s out in the middle of nowhere on a highway, that would interfere with her lifestyle.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”