Bollie Brand

Bagwell2018
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by Bagwell2018 »

So I buy/wear a lot of workout pants and have been looking for something new. The bundle deal with the pants and the bra popped up and I thought you know I need something with some color and this price isn't really any more than I pay at Lululemon. I did okay until I got to the shipping page and they wanted $8.99 to ship them. NOPE! If everybody else in the country can ship for free they can too. I'll never look at the website again.
wisegiraffe73
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wisegiraffe73 »

This may have been mentioned.... but it is completely obvious that it is Bonnie running the instagram. The wording, phrases, and snark are all her. She also posts them on their own account. So what does Ellie do??? Lol
Bollie might just get in the way of the pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

wisegiraffe73 wrote:This may have been mentioned.... but it is completely obvious that it is Bonnie running the instagram. The wording, phrases, and snark are all her. She also posts them on their own account. So what does Ellie do??? Lol

Jared might be the one running the website? No way the faq section was written by Bonnie or Joel. It was written too well, and the BS almost seemed like professional PR.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
wisegiraffe73 wrote:This may have been mentioned.... but it is completely obvious that it is Bonnie running the instagram. The wording, phrases, and snark are all her. She also posts them on their own account. So what does Ellie do??? Lol

Jared might be the one running the website? No way the faq section was written by Bonnie or Joel. It was written too well, and the BS almost seemed like professional PR.

With how well-written it was, I knew Jared had to be the one to write it. There's no way Ellie, Joel or Bonnie wrote that.

The "how come" your prices are so high phrasing reminding me of Ellie, though.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 02bcb8.jpg[/img]

Do they have any idea what custom means? Every piece of clothing in any store or website is designed by someone, it doesn’t make them custom. And when I can go on any cheap clothing website and type in wrap dress and find multiple dresses that look pretty much identical to their dress you cannot call it custom at all. There is absolutely nothing unique about their clothing or their accessories. Their clothing is ugly, basic, overpriced, cheaply made garbage.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Well, in a manner of speaking, the Bollie clothes ARE custom. They were custom-made for "tiny" Ellie. Because obviously everyone who watches family vlogs on YT is 5'2 and a size 0, and people just looooove the sisters so much that they're dying to overpay for the privilege of dressing just like their idols.

Yuck.

And yes, there were a lot of ways to start a "brand" without relying on Chinese labor and excessive pricing. There are plenty of peripheral Griffiths/Mechams/Hoelleins/Whatevers, or members of the church community, who would probably jump at the opportunity to help manage things so that Bonnie could keep on drinking cough syrup and napping, and Ellie could continue to obsess about pregnancy like it's her job (and also nap).

Or God forbid, start a different type of business that doesn't rely on exploiting their vlog audience and can be run by the husbands. Bollie is a very expensive vanity project, not a way to support the families when YT falls apart for them.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Does anyone else think it's funny that the FAQ page has no actual useful information for customers? I know there isn't much to their company, and they do have separate pages for return policy and the customer service email, but those kinds of general info are usually what you find in the FAQ. Not a lengthy response to the 3 main complaints of "internet haters". I'm okay with them addressing those topics, but at least for your own dignity make up some other questions to answer! It's so obvious they are running this only as a YouTube related business, and it's a just a big joke
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

I love the part in the faq under one of the China questions where it says “they were grateful that they had been selected to produce our clothing” reading that rubbed me the wrong way

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

I'm just going to leave this here. Lol that they are advertising on guru gossip. I guess haters are okay if when you're trying to sell your crappy products.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Another page another Bollie brand ad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

Vlog4money wrote:Another page another Bollie brand ad
I don’t think they are targeting a Guru Gossiper in their ads. It’s more likely that they are not smart enough to filter it out.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don't know about all of you, but when I've shopped for clothing online, very rarely does the business offer FAQ's about where and why the item was manufactured and priced. Obviously with how shady they were trying to hide the fact the items were made in China, they decided to put a passive aggressive FAQ explaining themselves. How professional. :roll:

Also, look at how much updates they've made to their business site because of how unprepared they were to go live! Things such as sizing chart (which is a complete joke), material, Pop-Socket removed, FAQs, etc. Definitely not a reputable or trustworthy business.

I wonder how many online apparel businesses are laughing their butts off at them with no experience in e-commerce.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Aaahhhh
What clowns.. Yeah, Clowns...
FUNN-EH

The FAQ reads like Jared talking to his BFFs at preschool drop off

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

YTIUH wrote:
I don’t think they are targeting a Guru Gossiper in their ads. It’s more likely that they are not smart enough to filter it out.
Exactly! Not targeted, but carelessly allowed to be there. let's see if the ads disappear now or if they have no problem targeting people who post on gossip sites.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

#bolliebonbon
#busybolliebrand
#igottagetridofthiscrapbolliebrand

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Gee, I wonder who will be running their booming bollie brand business while they are gone in Mexico? Who goes on vacation a few months after launching a business??????????? Not a successful one, that's for sure.

Also, I'm sure Joel and Jared will be keeping eachother company. ;) ;) ;)
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Vlog4money wrote:
YTIUH wrote:
Exactly! Not targeted, but carelessly allowed to be there. let's see if the ads disappear now or if they have no problem targeting people who post on gossip sites.
Well, online ads are now based on your own browser history and cookies.. If you would go to GG using incognito-browser or clear your browsing history and cookies, or log out from google chrome, you probably would not see that ad. Bollie probably paid for certain visibility to an advertisement company and then the ad company paid google that ad to be shown on certain places.

E.g. I went to booking.com and now I see an ad of the same accommodation I was checking out EVERYWHERE. No matter which site I go to, I see that ad from booking.com
I assume you went to bollie.com and clicked to see more info about the product.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Well, online ads are now based on your own browser history and cookies.. If you would go to GG using incognito-browser or clear your browsing history and cookies, or log out from google chrome, you probably would not see that ad. Bollie probably paid for certain visibility to an advertisement company and then the ad company paid google that ad to be shown on certain places.

E.g. I went to booking.com and now I see an ad of the same accommodation I was checking out EVERYWHERE. No matter which site I go to, I see that ad from booking.com
I assume you went to bollie.com and clicked to see more info about the product.
I understand I am seeing the ads due to my habits and not theirs (though I haven't visited the Bollie site since launch week) but they aren't preventing their ads from showing up on gurugossip. This explains what they should be doing but that requires effort and that doesn't seem to be their goal with Bollie. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012?hl=en
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So if they're using pay per click, the more times you click on the ad, the more they pay. It gets expensive when people click but don't buy...
To.be really mean, keep clicking on the ad, and don't buy anything.

YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

lmmomSD wrote:So if they're using pay per click, the more times you click on the ad, the more they pay. It gets expensive when people click but don't buy...
To.be really mean, keep clicking on the ad, and don't buy anything.

Now this is just mean ... lol

Return to “Ellie and Jared”