C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by askeptichere »

What the hell is Cullen on? Or is he on a high since all the hospital vlogs are hitting well above 100k views?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 8d3f43.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

In the wound video in the disclaimer he sort of admits he hadn’t taken his adhd medicine yet when editing the video. Brittany also confirmed that she and Grandberry have adhd in her video the other day. I feel like when he’s acting manic or strange, it might be that he hasn’t taken his medication yet.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

rdt1004 wrote:In the wound video in the disclaimer he sort of admits he hadn’t taken his adhd medicine yet when editing the video. Brittany also confirmed that she and Grandberry have adhd in her video the other day. I feel like when he’s acting manic or strange, it might be that he hasn’t taken his medication yet.

I know ADHD presents differently in men vs women, but I’m actually more zombie-like if I don’t take my ADHD meds. I only end up hyper like that if I accidentally drink too much caffeine in addition to my meds. Too many stimulants = instant trigger for my mania.
:roll:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:What the hell is Cullen on? Or is he on a high since all the hospital vlogs are hitting well above 100k views?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 8d3f43.jpg[/img]

That's just bizarre. It makes no sense. Why would Katie "like" a post like that?

And does anyone say "dope" anymore? When a wannabe internet star in his thirties keeps saying it, it's probably not cool anymore.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom has been saying it for awhile now and I couldn't agree more...that is textbook mania and it isn't the first time we've seen this behavior. He needs to be evaluated for GPS. I don't think it's just ADHD combined with depression. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... d07207.jpg[/img]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.
Except we've seen him act like this a few times now. It's also very unlikely he's still on heavy pain meds, and if he was, I think he would have mentioned that before his ADHD meds.

Are we sure Cullen edited it? I thought it was still their friend doing it . Pretty crappy of Katie to be letting Cullen edit if he has a need for heavy pain medication Image

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.
Except we've seen him act like this a few times now. It's also very unlikely he's still on heavy pain meds, and if he was, I think he would have mentioned that before his ADHD meds.

Are we sure Cullen edited it? I thought it was still their friend doing it . Pretty crappy of Katie to be letting Cullen edit if he has a need for heavy pain medication Image

I have no idea what kind of meds he's on now, but per the wound video he was sent home with pain meds. I'm sure that coupled without taking his ADHD could cause him to act off.
I still think he's having manic episodes.
The way he talked in the vlog it was going to be him editing, and if he wants to do it then i see no harm in it. Since it was edited (per Cullen's twitter) and went up close to midnight (eastern time, 11 or later his time) im glad he didn't make his friend edit it.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Possible that he cant take some of his ADHD meds or other medications bc of interactions with the medications from the hospital?? I have no clue, just something i thought about..
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen may not want to stay up late editing. He may feel he has to since he's said before he's worried about their finances. If he doesn't do it, it isn't getting done. Katie needs to learn how to edit. She doesn't need to do it all the time, but she needs to know how.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Haven't watched the vlogs yet, but I do agree Katie should learn to edit. It's really not that hard. She could just do cut scenes without the cool effects by using YT as a tutorial. It doesn't take a PhD to figure it out. Oh wait...
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:Cullen may not want to stay up late editing. He may feel he has to since he's said before he's worried about their finances. If he doesn't do it, it isn't getting done. Katie needs to learn how to edit. She doesn't need to do it all the time, but she needs to know how.

I mean, even Missy learned basic editing when Brian went to Cambodia. And, when she can be bothered to make videos on her channel, she’s said that she edits them herself.
It really says something when Missy Lanning is more “professional” than you are.
:roll:
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I met my husband when I was 17. I was 23 when we got engaged, married at 24. Even at a young age, I knew that old saying, “don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.” People change, but not in ways that you can control or predict. Don’t marry someone assuming they are going to change or mature to fit your definition of who they should be. I’m sure Cullen is aware that he is “disappointing” Katie every damn day. I imagine that's a major sticking point for an unhappy marriage.

Would I marry someone like Cullen? No, probably not. But Katie did, and now she wants him to fundamentally change to make her happy. It just does not work like that for many reasons. I get the impression that Katie is an unhappy person now, and she’s putting that on Cullen rather than figuring out what SHE needs to do to be happy and fulfilled. If being a SAHM is not the answer, she needs to explore other options. Ultimately, you can’t make someone else responsible for your happiness. It’s just never going to work.

Katie had a great set-up where she could adjust her hours and work part-time. I will never understand why she gave that up, but I think a big part of it was that she was NOT going to let Cullen be a stay-at-home YouTube dad. It’s become readily apparent that she competes with him and keeps score. If anyone was going to be the stay-at-home parent, Katie decided it would be her, regardless of her advanced degree and earning potential. I get the impression it’s not everything she imagined it would be, but she’s also not willing to make a change. And don't even get me started on the fact that she claims that they run the business together, and yet she doesn't even know how to make a video. I really wonder if they ever discussed how they wanted to raise their kids and if Katie ever told Cullen that she wanted to marry someone with a college degree because she wanted to be able to stay home? These are not always fun conversations, but definitely much needed before you marry someone.

If the bacterial infection is from handling the fish tank, I hope they have figured that out by now so that no one else gets sick.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's exactly it-- she married this fun happy go lucky guy who had an associates degree, and expected him to "grow up" and support her like her father and BIL support their families with advanced degrees. And now she's pissed that her fantasy hasn't come true.
Going into marriage with these fantasy expectations and not making them clear to your partner is a recipe for disaster.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I met my husband when I was 17. I was 23 when we got engaged, married at 24. Even at a young age, I knew that old saying, “don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.” People change, but not in ways that you can control or predict. Don’t marry someone assuming they are going to change or mature to fit your definition of who they should be. I’m sure Cullen is aware that he is “disappointing” Katie every damn day. I imagine that's a major sticking point for an unhappy marriage.

Would I marry someone like Cullen? No, probably not. But Katie did, and now she wants him to fundamentally change to make her happy. It just does not work like that for many reasons. I get the impression that Katie is an unhappy person now, and she’s putting that on Cullen rather than figuring out what SHE needs to do to be happy and fulfilled. If being a SAHM is not the answer, she needs to explore other options. Ultimately, you can’t make someone else responsible for your happiness. It’s just never going to work.

Katie had a great set-up where she could adjust her hours and work part-time. I will never understand why she gave that up, but I think a big part of it was that she was NOT going to let Cullen be a stay-at-home YouTube dad. It’s become readily apparent that she competes with him and keeps score. If anyone was going to be the stay-at-home parent, Katie decided it would be her, regardless of her advanced degree and earning potential. I get the impression it’s not everything she imagined it would be, but she’s also not willing to make a change. And don't even get me started on the fact that she claims that they run the business together, and yet she doesn't even know how to make a video. I really wonder if they ever discussed how they wanted to raise their kids and if Katie ever told Cullen that she wanted to marry someone with a college degree because she wanted to be able to stay home? These are not always fun conversations, but definitely much needed before you marry someone.

If the bacterial infection is from handling the fish tank, I hope they have figured that out by now so that no one else gets sick.
I wish I could like this more than once! And my GOD, I wish she would read this!

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

So small personal info, I'm a psych student about to graduate from undergrad this May. The obvious next step for most psych students is grad or PhD programs, if you plan on working in mental health. I'm finding out through experience of applying to programs now, but also reading about other students experience on grad forums, that lots of "big name" school or very well known often aren't as super competitive when it comes to fields in humanities, like working in mental health as a therapist. Humanities programs often don't offer a ton of funding either, so that also makes it a little less competitive. Of course, it's not easy because it if was everyone would be getting masters and phds, but the most competitive schools tend to be the smaller schools, usually public, because they're cheaper and those schools have to be very selective about who they let in because of yield numbers and graduation rates. Bigger and more well known "famous" schools can afford to accept a bunch of candidates who fit even just the bare minimum of application requirements because they know not everyone will be able to afford to accept their admission. Again this is specifically talking about humanity fields, such as clinical mental health therapy. The average gpa requirements for most programs is just 3.0, if you have that and a few good letters of rec then you're in. I'm applying rn to a public city university in NY whose program is much more competitive and harder to get into than programs at NYU and Columbia university. They will basically let anyone in who is willing to foot the bill.

My point is Katie may have a PhD in clinical psychology and before I started this graduate application process, I thought that meant she had to be really smart or very passionate to have gotten into a PhD program. But seeing how she can't even employ the basic psychology you learn in undergrad to her own life and after learning how simple it is to get in some programs, I'm guessing UofA's graduate program isn't super competitive to get into since it's a big name school. Katie probably had a decent enough gpa from undergrad and connections to write nice letters of rec and that's what got her into her program. Not her merit or aptitude in the field of psychology.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Also want to say, I'm not knocking anyone who goes to these big name schools for graduate programs dealing in psych and mental health. They're still really good schools and if you apply yourself and really get the most out of your experience, then you will really learn and be able to make the most out of your degree when you graduate. I'm just saying, I suspect it wasn't super hard for Katie to get into UofA, and that she obviously wasn't entering this field with the right intentions seeing as it looks like she retained nothing of what she learned and didn't even work that long in the field before she quit with no plans of returning.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Are they calling their viewers "The Village" now? I hate when YTers name their subscribers.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Are they calling their viewers "The Village" now? I hate when YTers name their subscribers.
The worst is Smelly Belly. They call their viewers "The Belly-ans"

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Are they calling their viewers "The Village" now? I hate when YTers name their subscribers.
The worst is Smelly Belly. They call their viewers "The Belly-ans"

That's awful. Kimmy from She's in Her Apron tried to start calling her subscribers "aprons or apronistas" and people got PISSED. Her viewer base is mostly grown women, and they were having none of that. I think the name lasted one whole video lol. Britney from Britney and Baby also desperately wanted to have a name for her viewers and tried to make "coffee beans" stick. That lasted about a week.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”