Samika Part 3

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think Sam and Jen are great, but this 3rd kid is going to kill their channel. They can barely post on a regular basis with two. I'm not quite sure why Sam focuses on the ads (that I've never, ever seen) unless they pay really well.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think Sam and Jen are great, but this 3rd kid is going to kill their channel. They can barely post on a regular basis with two. I'm not quite sure why Sam focuses on the ads (that I've never, ever seen) unless they pay really well.
Their Facebook page is all ads. They do a lot of ads on IG as well, but if they don't vlog, I imagine they'll lose the following, and the ad offers will stop coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Today Sam was talking about how they’ve had a great year financially, he thinks because they’ve branched our from just YouTube.
He enjoys making the ads & he makes great money doing it. Good for him.

Also, on one of his Twitch streams, he said he doesn’t really DM anyone, especially girls, because he doesn’t want to disrespect Jenn in any way, and reference scandals with other youtubers.

That makes me like him even more!

He is by far he most attractive dad on YouTube lol.

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I’m torn, I want them to do well but their inconsistent posting schedule really annoys me. I feel like neither of them put any effort into vlogs anymore either, it’s usually just a long clip of Jen rambling and then usually ends with Sam saying a quick piece. I’m saying this as a long term viewer and someone who is really rooting for them to do well!
jclose93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jclose93 »

I used to be torn and understand that Sam puts family first however this is what they have chosen to do for a living. If you don’t want to upload every day, say you’ll upload 3x a week and be done with it. It’s crazy that they went well over a week with no uploads and not even a tweet explaining why they’re not uploading. Then they upload once, and then didn’t have a vlog so did a live stream. It’s great that they’re getting more ads and it’s cool to put effort into them, but they need to remember why they have that platform in the first place.... their YouTube channel.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I think Sam and Jen are great, but this 3rd kid is going to kill their channel. They can barely post on a regular basis with two. I'm not quite sure why Sam focuses on the ads (that I've never, ever seen) unless they pay really well.
Their Facebook page is all ads. They do a lot of ads on IG as well, but if they don't vlog, I imagine they'll lose the following, and the ad offers will stop coming in.

I agree with this 100%... yt is their roots, and if they continue to slack on vlogs, people will get bored and unfollow them across all platforms. Which in turn will make hard to convince advertisers that they have a large enough following to spend money on them. Sam is talented and I'm glad that he is seeing growing success in his advertising, but unless he scores big time and winds up producing content for TV, Netflix etc he is running the risk of losing what he has now. We say this a lot about vloggers, "dont put all your eggs in one basket" and while i think Sam was doing a good job of that at the start, if he doesn't start paying attention to his main source of followers and views, i feel like he's running the risk of crashing and burning. Having a 3rd kid isn't going to help that either, like Ewok said, they can't handle full time vlogging with 2 kids... we will be lucky to get 2 vlogs a month once the 3rd kid comes. And that makes me sad bc i like these guys!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm going back in time for a second, but the topic of kids eating candy came up on C&K's thread and it made me think of something that had me shaking my head at Jen. At easter she was losing her mind about the kids eating all the easter candy THEY bought them. She went on and on about how it was just too much and she didn't like it and she was pretty upset about it. Then WHY did she buy it????? She was in control of what went in the baskets. If she didn't want them to eat candy and was going to beat herself up so much and stress so much about the kids having it, why did she put it in the basket. She was just way upset about how she disliked the kids getting candy at all, but yet she bought it. If it's going to be that big of a deal then she should have never put it in there. It was just such a strange moment to me for Jen. She normally seems pretty smart, but i could not get over how stupid she sounded at that moment. Asking for advice.. what do you do?????? Ummmmm not give it to them?????
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I agree with this 100%... yt is their roots, and if they continue to slack on vlogs, people will get bored and unfollow them across all platforms. Which in turn will make hard to convince advertisers that they have a large enough following to spend money on them. Sam is talented and I'm glad that he is seeing growing success in his advertising, but unless he scores big time and winds up producing content for TV, Netflix etc he is running the risk of losing what he has now. We say this a lot about vloggers, "dont put all your eggs in one basket" and while i think Sam was doing a good job of that at the start, if he doesn't start paying attention to his main source of followers and views, i feel like he's running the risk of crashing and burning. Having a 3rd kid isn't going to help that either, like Ewok said, they can't handle full time vlogging with 2 kids... we will be lucky to get 2 vlogs a month once the 3rd kid comes. And that makes me sad bc i like these guys!
I also agree. Unless he gets hired on soon as a part of a creative team with an ad agency, then they really can't afford to just stop youtube completely because that's how they have the audience to advertise to now.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't follow any YTers on FB or Twitch and just a few on IG, so I don't see most ads other than their sponsorships/integrations on YT. I guess getting good ad deals can bring in a lot of money (David Dobrick said he made $100K just to promote a movie—granted, he's a lot more popular), but they should still vlog more consistently. I NEVER watch their live streams because that's boring AF.

Maybe Sam is having second thoughts about being a family vlogger after his sister basically deleted her own channel? I still wonder what happened to Kristy's fam to make her do that.

If he's not going to be a family vlogger, then what is his job???

I've always liked them, but I'm really losing interest in their vlogs. And channels that just become ads EVERY.Damn. DAY. (Dailybumps) are the WORST.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm going back in time for a second, but the topic of kids eating candy came up on C&K's thread and it made me think of something that had me shaking my head at Jen. At easter she was losing her mind about the kids eating all the easter candy THEY bought them. She went on and on about how it was just too much and she didn't like it and she was pretty upset about it. Then WHY did she buy it????? She was in control of what went in the baskets. If she didn't want them to eat candy and was going to beat herself up so much and stress so much about the kids having it, why did she put it in the basket. She was just way upset about how she disliked the kids getting candy at all, but yet she bought it. If it's going to be that big of a deal then she should have never put it in there. It was just such a strange moment to me for Jen. She normally seems pretty smart, but i could not get over how stupid she sounded at that moment. Asking for advice.. what do you do?????? Ummmmm not give it to them?????

I did see a reply from Sam on a comment which said “it was from family” (meaning the candy and chocolate). That isn’t an excuse, they’re still in control of what the kids eat!!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I think instead of saying he is going to vlog 5 days a week he should stick to 2-3 days a week.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thenightowl wrote:I think instead of saying he is going to vlog 5 days a week he should stick to 2-3 days a week.
Two days a week would be fine, but they can't even seem to do that on a regular basis.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm going back in time for a second, but the topic of kids eating candy came up on C&K's thread and it made me think of something that had me shaking my head at Jen. At easter she was losing her mind about the kids eating all the easter candy THEY bought them. She went on and on about how it was just too much and she didn't like it and she was pretty upset about it. Then WHY did she buy it????? She was in control of what went in the baskets. If she didn't want them to eat candy and was going to beat herself up so much and stress so much about the kids having it, why did she put it in the basket. She was just way upset about how she disliked the kids getting candy at all, but yet she bought it. If it's going to be that big of a deal then she should have never put it in there. It was just such a strange moment to me for Jen. She normally seems pretty smart, but i could not get over how stupid she sounded at that moment. Asking for advice.. what do you do?????? Ummmmm not give it to them?????
She didn't actually put a lot of candy in their Easter baskets as I recall. I could be remembering wrong-- but I think it was mostly play dough and chalk and bubbles. But you do have a point-- even if family gave them a bunch of candy, they were in control of how much the kids got at a time. Carlie Butler gives her one year old a bunch of candy and sugary smoothies and basically says she can't help it-- he loves them. Which is so stupid. She is the mom. He's a BABY. They're easy to redirect.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

What have they done in prep for this new baby? He’s going to be here soon and I feel like they haven’t set anything up or gotten his things together. I know they don’t need any clothes or anything because they still have all of Noah’s old things, but have they even brought that stuff out of storage? Washed it and hung it up for the new baby? I feel like anytime they talk about baby prep, it’s just to comment on how they haven’t done anything yet. I know decorating nurseries isn’t really a thing they did with their other kids, but I wish it was. I love watching people nest and get ready for their babies lol.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

What have they done in prep for this new baby? He’s going to be here soon and I feel like they haven’t set anything up or gotten his things together. I know they don’t need any clothes or anything because they still have all of Noah’s old things, but have they even brought that stuff out of storage? Washed it and hung it up for the new baby? I feel like anytime they talk about baby prep, it’s just to comment on how they haven’t done anything yet. I know decorating nurseries isn’t really a thing they did with their other kids, but I wish it was. I love watching people nest and get ready for their babies lol.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

rdt1004 wrote:What have they done in prep for this new baby? He’s going to be here soon and I feel like they haven’t set anything up or gotten his things together. I know they don’t need any clothes or anything because they still have all of Noah’s old things, but have they even brought that stuff out of storage? Washed it and hung it up for the new baby? I feel like anytime they talk about baby prep, it’s just to comment on how they haven’t done anything yet. I know decorating nurseries isn’t really a thing they did with their other kids, but I wish it was. I love watching people nest and get ready for their babies lol.

I posted this before I caught up on their two recent vlogs and heard San mention getting baby furniture soon lol. Never mind.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

rdt1004 wrote:What have they done in prep for this new baby? He’s going to be here soon and I feel like they haven’t set anything up or gotten his things together. I know they don’t need any clothes or anything because they still have all of Noah’s old things, but have they even brought that stuff out of storage? Washed it and hung it up for the new baby? I feel like anytime they talk about baby prep, it’s just to comment on how they haven’t done anything yet. I know decorating nurseries isn’t really a thing they did with their other kids, but I wish it was. I love watching people nest and get ready for their babies lol.

I posted this before I caught up on their two recent vlogs and heard San mention getting baby furniture soon lol. Never mind.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

It seems like the later the kid is, the less they do for it. We'll see how they treat the new baby boy, but I've always thought they kind of were less concerned with PJ in terms of toys, activities, and milestones. I understand time is less available when you have more kids, but I wish they'd put in a little more effort with PJ.

I thought it was weird that they've waited so long to buy anything for the new baby! He's due in less than a month and a half, but hopefully they have a lot of Noah's baby stuff saved.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I don’t think Sam and Jen have ever been huge preparers. I remember whenever they had Noah, their family threw a shower for them and Jen was shocked that they needed any of the things that they received. She isn’t a big shopper. They are definitely less is more kind of people, I know I wouldn’t be able to survive. I was always so excited when my babies were coming, and was definitely over prepared.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

She had a small little baby shower/sprinkle for PJ. I guess she's not having one for this baby, which I sort of get if you already have all the things you need, but baby sprinkles are fun just to celebrate the new baby and get them a few new things of their own.

Return to “Q-Z”