Andrea Mills

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Andrea Mills

Unread post by onbreak »

Defuego wrote:Just found this channel after reading about them in another thread. Every time I come across these big families, I'm so thankful I only have 1 sibling. Maybe they're used to it but being crammed in such a small house and all those boys in that one room would drive me crazy. But I never had to share a room so I'm speaking without perspective I guess.

Do we know how old she is? Unassisted homebirths are scary and risky as is, but especially with someone older.
Her fb says she graduated 1995, so I'm guessing, 41

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
brittneypretty6
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brittneypretty6 »

suemia wrote:Still no baby. I hope she sees a doctor if she goes too overdue!

Looking at Eden today the poor girl has really gained a lot of weight, her tummy is peaking out from her clothes.
I think she only buys them clothes at a certain time. She takes that list and sees what there missing or whatever. But She has to see that Eden's tummy is hanging out :/

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

Tiger27 wrote:I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.
Do you know how overdue she is now?

I wonder how far she is from the closest hospital. It makes me so anxious every time I start thinking about her. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

kaylnoel wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I’m also concerned about how long she’s gonna wait this baby out before seeking intervention! Late term babies are at risk for all sorts of complications! The placenta starts to die and the risk of meconium aspiration greatly increases. Plus her age complicates things no matter which way you slice it. And they’re going to be home alone when that baby pops out, god forbid it has any issues. But have no fear, if things go wrong, Andrea can look through her birth emergencies book while waiting to deliver the placenta, while her baby lay lifeless next to her. And she can take solace in knowing whatever happens was “Gods plan”. This whole thing is just so dangerous. I don’t think she’s a bad person, but if this baby ends up injured from her birthing practices, I hope she is arrested because that’s child abuse in my opinion.
Do you know how overdue she is now?

I wonder how far she is from the closest hospital. It makes me so anxious every time I start thinking about her. Image

Scrolled through a bunch of comments until I found it, a few weeks ago she said April 12. So I guess 40 weeks 5 days. I guess not exactly overdue...March of Dimes states up to 40wks 6days as full term and past 42 weeks is when the placenta begins to deteriorate. But with her complete lack of appropriate prenatal care and monitoring, it’s a sketchy situation. I haven’t watched the whole pregnancy but who even knows if she got date exactly right. From what I can tell, her only ultrasound wasn’t from by an actual health care professional, but just at one of those for-fun ultrasound places. Has she had anymore real prenatal care? Not just her listening to the heartbeat with a Doppler and checking her urine with an at home test? Ugh it makes me mad that a person *with access to modern, first world health care* would forgo it all. I’m not even saying she needs to go for a hospital birth, but at least take the steps to ensure your baby will be safe. What if it has a heart condition or other anomaly that could have been picked up with a proper anatomy scan when it comes out? Will she know and be able to monitor for it...then get to a hospital fast enough? Will the baby get the standard genetic testing, hearing testing and heart testing that is done for all hospital newborns? This stuff is all done because it saves lives and improves outcomes. It’s just stupid and neglectful not to take advantage of it when it’s at your fingertips. Just because women did it this way in the olden days doesn’t mean it’s okay now. Maternal and newborn mortality rates were through the roof before the modern technology we have now.
99RedBalloons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 99RedBalloons »

For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she usually seems to have thought a good bit about a topic she is discussing (not saying I agree with unassisted birth at all) but she does seem like a genuinely nice lady. For people in the comments calling her ugly and Hagrid and things, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
She mentioned how she lost weight after she started taking the progesterone cream as she thinks she was lacking it hence miscarrying before this pregnancy and she thinks it's helping with her weight too so maybe after Hannah is born she might keep using the cream and loose some more weight. It would be so beneficial for her health.
99RedBalloons
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 99RedBalloons »

For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she seems like a genuinely nice lady. I find it weird she refuses to make money off of her videos. She says she won't do it because she wants people to come and 'visit' with her and she wouldn't charge someone to come and talk with her and she wants it to be more genuine hence not making any money on it but I wish she would as then they would have the money to build another bathroom and build an extension to have more living space.
For those commenting on her looks, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
She mentioned how she lost weight after she started taking the progesterone cream as she thinks she was lacking it hence miscarrying before this pregnancy and she thinks it's helping with her weight too so maybe after Hannah is born she might keep using the cream and loose some more weight. It would be so beneficial for her health.
brittneypretty6
Talker
Talker

99RedBalloons wrote:For the people mentioning it in earlier posts, I watched some of their live stream the other day (no sign of baby yet) and I think they mentioned Andrea is 39.
I'm not sure why but I really like a lot of her videos. She has a rather soothing voice and she seems like a genuinely nice lady. I find it weird she refuses to make money off of her videos. She says she won't do it because she wants people to come and 'visit' with her and she wouldn't charge someone to come and talk with her and she wants it to be more genuine hence not making any money on it but I wish she would as then they would have the money to build another bathroom and build an extension to have more living space.
For those commenting on her looks, she looked completely differently years ago, very slim. There's a video of her and Tom discussing how they met 'I think it's called before there were 10 there were 2' and there's pictures of them from back then in it. She looks pretty when she puts her hair in a bun, she should really do that more often and cut her hair too would make the world of difference.
I really like her videos to. It's interesting to see how other people live. My doc let me go 2 weeks over due with my girls before they would even talk about inducing. I think she said b4 that her last couple ones were over due as well. I'm interested to see how much of the birth and stuff she films. I wanna see how she deals with it all. It's such a different way then hospitals or even most home births.

cookingmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookingmama »

99RedBalloons wrote: I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
Thomas has slimmed down a little in my opinion, I think it's because of his new job and him actually moving around. But poor Eden does look uncomfortable all the time! She's wearing clothes that are probably one or two sizes too small, she's a sweet girl and I'm tempted to send a few shirts her way so that she's not uncomfortable anymore. I have noticed nobody except maybe Solomon and below has clothes that actually fit well.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I’d bet anything Eden is very uncomfortable and self conscious. I was a bit chubby at her age and even in jeans that I thought fit, I was constantly adjusting them. I was just very aware of how they felt on me and how uncomfortable I was. They certainly eat a lot of crap. There was one video where someone in the comments asked her about her food choices and letting the children eat Lunchables a loooong time ago and Andrea said she had researched that sort of thing extensively and felt that it wasn’t enough of a concern for their family or something along those lines so she’d allow her children to eat them.

But she makes all sorts of tinctures and doesn’t seek medical care for pregnancies? I just feel like the two don’t add up. What if the children end up diabetic or with hypertension later in life from the high sugar/carb/sodium diet? Do you seek medical intervention or do you treat that with tinctures? Or is it not your problem since they’ll be living outside the home? Why not eat more homegrown fruits and vegetables? She wants to support local small businesses so why not buy that stuff locally if she doesn’t want to grow it herself? Just doesn’t make sense to me.

I do find her videos fascinating because it’s so different from how I live my life. I also think her voice is super soothing and comforting. I just pray this baby girl is okay. She’s has no doctor visits at all in this pregnancies from what I understand. She only had an ultrasound to determine the gender. She said on Facebook that she wants Hannah to come on her own and doesn’t want to intervene and has felt guilty the times she’s done stuff to hurry along labor so I guess we will see.

I know this post is really long already but one more thing I’ll say is my mother was 38 when I was born and ate junk. She developed type 2 diabetes and had a massive heart attack & died in front of me when I was 14. I pray for Andrea’s children’s sake that she will perhaps choose to stop drinking things like Mt. Dew and eating so many processed foods and try to get into better shape because all of those children will need her.

cookingmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookingmama »

kaylnoel wrote: I’d bet anything Eden is very uncomfortable and self conscious. I was a bit chubby at her age and even in jeans that I thought fit, I was constantly adjusting them. I was just very aware of how they felt on me and how uncomfortable I was. They certainly eat a lot of crap. There was one video where someone in the comments asked her about her food choices and letting the children eat Lunchables a loooong time ago and Andrea said she had researched that sort of thing extensively and felt that it wasn’t enough of a concern for their family or something along those lines so she’d allow her children to eat them.
Their diet is certainly one of convenience rather than health. She spends quite a bit of money on her tinctures and her "natural" medicines but skimps in the way of actual health. Quite a few of her kids are "picky" eaters and I bet that's because they're used to eating sugary snacks and drinks and food and that is such a shame for their futures. I get that kids need snacks and they should get treats every once in a while but they don't need a bag of chips every day or a zebra cake every day. It just seems like a useless argument with her because she always comes on all high and mighty about how she knows what's best for her and her family, but she clearly doesn't.
notyomama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by notyomama »

I think some of it is the season of life they're in too, I had really bad morning sickness with this pregnancy and we ate dominoes once a weeks, usually we eat out once or twice a month. I was on a first name relationship with kevin the delivery driver. I felt guilty but I was too exhausted and sick to care. We've done a lot more granola bars/pretzel/snacky meals this pregnancy too, I try to keep things balanced, my kids are older and I only have 3 so Im betting its easier for me. They don't drink soda and we make oatmeal and muffins instead of snack cakes but I cant even IMAGINE feeding that many kids right now.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

It’s “cheaper” (I mean, the snacks are not necessary so that’s why they’re in apostrophes) to buy the way she does, and it’s less work. They eat instant oatmeal, quick lunches. Dinners are homemade — pizza once a week. She was going to try to do more homemade lunches in the beginning of the lunch year, but understandably it seems they’re back to quick lunches now with her late in pregnancy.

From my understanding, junk can be easier on your system than other food if your metabolism is great. For me, that is not the case, and I can’t just drink daily soda’s and snack cakes without any repercussions.

Like I said above, it’s hard to listen or take someone seriously when it comes to nutrition or health when they are far from the picture of perfect health.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

In the homeschooling circles in run in, I see people praising her for her organization. Not once have I heard her called healthy.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

cookingmama wrote:
99RedBalloons wrote: I agree that Eden needs new clothes, it would really help if she lost a little bit of weight, maybe she will in a few years and this could be puppy fat? Thomas has weight on too though so maybe she's following after him weight wise seeing as Asher and Judah are slim. I can barely watch Eden go around when it seems like she is constantly trying to pull up her jeans, I know how annoying that can be but then with her little tummy sticking out too it's a bit too much. She must be uncomfortable trying to squeeze into those clothes.
Thomas has slimmed down a little in my opinion, I think it's because of his new job and him actually moving around. But poor Eden does look uncomfortable all the time! She's wearing clothes that are probably one or two sizes too small, she's a sweet girl and I'm tempted to send a few shirts her way so that she's not uncomfortable anymore. I have noticed nobody except maybe Solomon and below has clothes that actually fit well.
Thomas does look like he's lost some weight, looks good. Re: Eden's clothes, the last Wed of every month is Andrea's big monthly shopping trip to Walmart. April is when she does the big spring clothing shop. She said the clothes shop may be postponed a wk or 2 depending on when Hannah comes. So, it seems new clothing is being planned for.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Thur is Andrea's day to shop at the local grocery store. She gets meat, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, organic eggs etc there. She keeps a fruit bowl on the table. Apples, oranges and bananas. In the fridge strawberries, blueberries and grapes.

She buys 3-4 of those big boxes of Go-Gurt at Walmart. I know in the past she made home made yogurt and baked muffins.

I see the junk snacks too. Just wanted to mention that there is a choice of healthier snacks available.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

Go-Gurt is pretty high in sugar and has high fructose corn syrup so I don’t count that amongst the healthy snacks but it’s good that there are fresh fruits available. I’ve watched her hauls quite a bit though I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve seen the local grocery store? Maybe I don’t make it all the way through the video or a very obvious possibility is that she doesn’t film every little shopping trip or Tom goes.

I mean honestly, she does a lot. It must be exhausting. Homeschooling so many children and running a household and now being pregnant... I probably would indulge in the easiness of junk food too. I don’t see how she does it all.

Another thing I like is seeing her drive through town. This probably sounds lame but I live in NJ right near Philadelphia and have for most of my life so her small town is so different from anywhere I’ve ever lived. It fascinates me. I can’t imagine living so far from big stores and malls or hospitals though.

gibberish
Informer
Informer

Her local grocery trips are usually shorter videos or included with other activities from the week. She takes all the kids with her while Tom stays home and makes/cooks pizza and bread sticks for dinner. I don't think she films every weekly trip tho, probably because she has all 8 kids with her. lol.

Yes, she does a lot, but to me it seems like she really enjoys everything about it.

I grew up in a fairly small town, but not as small as hers. It's a whole different world. You know everyone and they know you. That's both good and bad. haha. Ppl are nosy and word gets around about a kid who gets out of line. But generally kids have a lot more freedom, to walk to the store, school, ride bikes. Things considered dangerous in a big town.

On her drives on the highway, I love seeing the emptiness of the country side. Really beautiful country! I think she said Walmart was about 30 miles away and the nearest hospital that delivered babies was an hour away.
brittneypretty6
Talker
Talker

gibberish wrote:Her local grocery trips are usually shorter videos or included with other activities from the week. She takes all the kids with her while Tom stays home and makes/cooks pizza and bread sticks for dinner. I don't think she films every weekly trip tho, probably because she has all 8 kids with her. lol.

Yes, she does a lot, but to me it seems like she really enjoys everything about it.

I grew up in a fairly small town, but not as small as hers. It's a whole different world. You know everyone and they know you. That's both good and bad. haha. Ppl are nosy and word gets around about a kid who gets out of line. But generally kids have a lot more freedom, to walk to the store, school, ride bikes. Things considered dangerous in a big town.

On her drives on the highway, I love seeing the emptiness of the country side. Really beautiful country! I think she said Walmart was about 30 miles away and the nearest hospital that delivered babies was an hour away.
She said in her newnhomeschool vlog that she makes Thomas pay for the heating now instead of the bread. That is so crazy to me. He can't make very much off of his job. I wonder how much the bill is... She says it's because tom felt built about spending his money on selfish things when he was younger but it's the kids first job! I say let him be a little selfish. Especially having to share and grow up with that many brothers and sisters.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I'm surprised how popular she is. The beliefs seem to be all over the map some of which are pretty scary.

Return to “A-H”