Epik Brandon Family

Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epik Brandon Family

Unread post by Snarkadoodle Doo »

They used Roses in all of their decorating, I'm not sure I buy that Rose was a last minute, three days old decision. Also, that Flower headband is cute, especially with that mop of blonde hair, but it was so damn tight that it left indentations in her head! Why does she need bows on 24/7 when she's just at home with the family that could be doing damage to her soft, not completely finished forming skull? IN a year we'll be watching videos of her made up illnesses that can be traced back directly to those damn headbands.
:angel: RIP Mom 3/16/2019 - Cancer Sucks :angel:
Eclairsu
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Eclairsu »

^ Right? The baby needs to wear more beanie type hats to help shapen her head. She lies the headbands aren't indenting her head. But you can see the lines going around her head. >w<;;;; But apparently it's really "loose". -eyeroll- But Neysa fibbing is as usual. Even when the videos show otherwise.
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see those indentation marks! I hate how much she lies and just assumes people will believe it just because she says it when we can literally see it with our own eyes!
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:Ok, I'm sorry but how dumb do you have to be that you can't properly pronounce Les Mis? It's LAY Mis! Not LESS Mis! Fine, so you can't say Miserables, but LES? You just went on and on about giving your kid a French name and you can't say LES?!?
Also, at least Jason seems to have some common sense to veto the middle name. Who names their kid Bloom? Neysa is beyond annoying to me today, lol
Man, you are just a wee bit harsh! Many people, myself included, doesn't know how to pronounce Les Miserables correctly. If you've not really been exposed to it how are you going to know different? I literally say it as an English person would read it cos I figure better to take the piss than to totally screw up trying to pronounce it.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Bekkaz wrote:
Snarkadoodle Doo wrote:Ok, I'm sorry but how dumb do you have to be that you can't properly pronounce Les Mis? It's LAY Mis! Not LESS Mis! Fine, so you can't say Miserables, but LES? You just went on and on about giving your kid a French name and you can't say LES?!?
Also, at least Jason seems to have some common sense to veto the middle name. Who names their kid Bloom? Neysa is beyond annoying to me today, lol
Man, you are just a wee bit harsh! Many people, myself included, doesn't know how to pronounce Les Miserables correctly. If you've not really been exposed to it how are you going to know different? I literally say it as an English person would read it cos I figure better to take the piss than to totally screw up trying to pronounce it.
You’d think if they named their kid after the show, they’d know how to pronounce it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:
You’d think if they named their kid after the show, they’d know how to pronounce it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She said it's not after the show though. They've seen it in a baby name book (spelled Cosette) back when they were preg with Hannahniah.
didi0110
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by didi0110 »

Bekkaz wrote:

She said it's not after the show though. They've seen it in a baby name book (spelled Cosette) back when they were preg with Hannahniah.
Cosette is from Les Misérables and nowhere else. So she didn't named her kid from a show because, hey ignorant Neyssa, Les Misérables IS A BOOK !! She totally named her after "the show" because, she never read that book and I highly doubt she got the original idea before Victor Hugo in 1862 !! She spelled it coZette that's the only thing original about it... I read that book at 12 and never in the world thought that was a suitable name !
Younger I got the name Elea (https://translate.google.fr/?hl=fr#fr/en/ÉLÉA) in my mind from a sf book, no shame for that, my husband also loved the book "la nuit des temps" by Barjavel as a teenager. We were talking about naming a girl Elea and a freaking stroller got the name before !! Talk about Elea to a french mom, she'll think you're talking about your stroller, it ruined everything ! Since then the name became so popular it's ridiculous. Goodbye Elea.
Tell me about cozette I'll think about child abuse and nothing else !

And for pronunciation issues, use google translate, it reads words for you in a funny voice when you hit the speaker : https://translate.google.fr/?hl=fr#fr/e ... misérables
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

didi0110 wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:

Cosette is from Les Misérables and nowhere else. So she didn't named her kid from a show because, hey ignorant Neyssa, Les Misérables IS A BOOK !! She totally named her after "the show" because, she never read that book and I highly doubt she got the original idea before Victor Hugo in 1862 !! She spelled it coZette that's the only thing original about it... I read that book at 12 and never in the world thought that was a suitable name !
Younger I got the name Elea (<a class="vglnk" href="https://translate.google.fr/?hl=fr#fr/en/ÉLÉA" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>translate</span><span>.</span><span>google</span><span>.</span><span>fr</span><span>/?</span><span>hl</span><span>=</span><span>fr</span><span>#</span><span>fr</span><span>/</span><span>en</span><span>/É</span><span>L</span><span>É</span><span>A</span></a>) in my mind from a sf book, no shame for that, my husband also loved the book "la nuit des temps" by Barjavel as a teenager. We were talking about naming a girl Elea and a freaking stroller got the name before !! Talk about Elea to a french mom, she'll think you're talking about your stroller, it ruined everything ! Since then the name became so popular it's ridiculous. Goodbye Elea.
Tell me about cozette I'll think about child abuse and nothing else !

And for pronunciation issues, use google translate, it reads words for you in a funny voice when you hit the speaker : <a class="vglnk" href="https://translate.google.fr/?hl=fr#fr/e ... misérables" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>translate</span><span>.</span><span>google</span><span>.</span><span>fr</span><span>/?</span><span>hl</span><span>=</span><span>fr</span><span>#</span><span>fr</span><span>/</span><span>en</span><span>/</span><span>les</span><span>%</span><span>20mis</span><span>é</span><span>rables</span></a>
Why so angry? And why is it so hard to believe that the name couldn't be from a baby name book? Sure it probably was IN the baby name book because of Les Miserables but doesn't mean that they choose it FROM Les Miserables. Names all originally came from somewhere and end up in a baby name book without parents realising where they came from. Bit like Wendy was a made-up name by whoever wrote Peter Pan. People who read it in a baby name book might just like the name and not know it was from Peter Pan.
TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

didi0110 wrote:eyssa, Les Misérables IS A BOOK !! She totally named her after "the show" because, she never read that book and I highly doubt she got the original idea before Victor Hugo in 1862 !! She spelled it coZette that's the only thing original about it... I read that book at 12 and never in the world thought that was a suitable name !
You seem VERY angry over legitimately nothing.
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
AthenaA
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AthenaA »

I find the name choice odd at best. With all their other children having biblically themed first names I don't know why they didn't use Delilah as her first name.

And if you are going to name your child something that is from one source only you need to be able to pronounce that source. For someone so into the history of the name you'd want to be clear on origin and meaning-e.g. It doesn't mean victorious and a google search on a reputable naming site would have confirmed that.
LennyLemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LennyLemon »

AthenaA wrote:I find the name choice odd at best. With all their other children having biblically themed first names I don't know why they didn't use Delilah as her first name.

And if you are going to name your child something that is from one source only you need to be able to pronounce that source. For someone so into the history of the name you'd want to be clear on origin and meaning-e.g. It doesn't mean victorious and a google search on a reputable naming site would have confirmed that.
Delilah would have been too common for her, I’m sure. Delilah is relatively popular and are the nicknames Lila/Lyla/Lilah. I have a Lila and she has to go by Lila B.

I do agree. Neysa should have looked up the pronunciation of Les Mis/ Les Miserables before the video. It kind of made her look like an idiot not knowing the pronunciation of the book/show/movie. Didn’t Victor Hugo (the author of Les Mis) create the name? I don’t know, I personally don’t want to look like an idiot. Neysa does it frequently.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Lol 6 eggs, for someone who claims to be into healthy stuff....where is the balance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

Neysa talking with her mouth full and smacking her lips with her mouth open while she chews. :barf:
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry I missed all the excitement with the Les Mis conversation yesterday, lol. When I complained that she couldn't say the name correctly, I literally said I was merely talking about Les, and NOT Miserables. I grew up in a theater family and my children still are actors. Even actors can't always pronounce Miserables, which is why it's frequently shortened to Mis. But the word Les is an extremely common word in the French language and one that most Americans can say correctly. It's a word that she should have known how to say, or learned, if she was going to use it as her main talking point. THAT was what made me nuts.

Anyhow...... That conversation ended and I really don't want to dredge it back up again but I thought maybe I should clarify what I meant since I think I was the first person that brought it up the other day. ;)
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Dramatic princess wrote:Lol 6 eggs, for someone who claims to be into healthy stuff....where is the balance.
Yes, this was quite a shining moment for her, wasn't it? LOL
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Could she eat eggs when pregnant? Maybe she's just really really savouring the taste lol I know my first meal at home after having each child was sushi from my favourite place - would have been first meal (at the birthing centre/hospital) had both my children not be been on Sunday when all sushi places were closed!

But eating and talking on camera is rank as!
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bekkaz wrote:Could she eat eggs when pregnant? Maybe she's just really really savouring the taste lol I know my first meal at home after having each child was sushi from my favourite place - would have been first meal (at the birthing centre/hospital) had both my children not be been on Sunday when all sushi places were closed!

But eating and talking on camera is rank as!
I feel like I remember her saying they made her feel really sick when she ate them, so she just didn't. I also think it seemed like she was trying to be goofy and funny with Hanni when she was eating, which I appreciated because it's not often that you see that side of Neysa as she never stops talking about herself and she seems to lie a lot. Seeing her joke around was a nice change for her. Though yes, the eating with her food falling out of her open mouth was a bit much for me. I think up until that moment, she was good. The second the eggs started flying, she crossed the funny line and went into the gross and disgusting category as far as I was concerned. LOL
Snarkadoodle Doo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, on another note.... This thread will be locked once we hit 40 pages and a "Part 2" will be opened to start chatting about the family there. At the pace this thread goes, it will probably be a week or two before we get to that part, but if anyone has any suggestions for what they might like to name Part 2, post them here for people to comment and vote on. When the group decides a name and we hit 40 pages, I'll take care of that. :D If you are newer to YTMD and need more info on why we do that or how the name thing works, feel free to ask here, I or anyone else posting that's been around a while, can help explain. Thanks! :D
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Maybe I’m in the minority here but with it being a gossip site and all, why is ragging in her French pronunciation off limits? Lol. I TOOOOOTALLY get there are bigger things to complain about but sometimes we pick on petty things here. Hence me not being able to let go of her unfortunate eyebrows. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Doopher
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Doopher »

Idk if this was already mentioned bc I'm too tired to read previous pages but literally every time she calls that baby 'Cozy', I shudder. It's just about the most annoying name I've ever ever heard. And since they continue to call Ebenezer 'Ebby', I doubt Cozy is going to come to an end anytime soon. Ugh. I just hate it so much. And I don't mean to rag on nicknames but if you fully intend on calling a child by a nickname, why even bother naming them the longer version? Idk why that's a pet peeve of mine.

Return to “A-H”