BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

kates_crush
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

Unread post by kates_crush »

I havent watched them in probably over a year, saw the vid for today and...bryan lost 55 lbs in three months? am I seeing that correctly? is that possible? is that healthy?
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

kittypurry wrote:Bryan made a video about his weightloss, no mention of the Shakeology in his pantry. He basically attributed it to cutting portions in half and cutting out soda. Oh and he pronounces gallbladder “gal-bladder”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just about to come here and commend him for being honest and talking about his weight loss struggles and journey. But I guess he’s not being transparent if he’s still hiding things. I never watch anymore but today’s video caught my eye.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

It’s entirely possible that the shakes are Missy’s. She half asses everything she does, it’s not beyond her to see Bryan being successful and think she can use shakes as a short cut to catch up with him.

Besides, shakes aren’t cheating. It’s still just portion control. They’re meal replacements, not magic calorie burners. Drinking shakes to control your portion sizes is totally valid and I don’t consider him to be any less transparent for not mentioning every little thing he did to aid in portion control. If he hid surgery or a gastric balloon, that’d be dishonest. But shakes? No. That’s still just standard portion control.
:roll:
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Theirmom wrote:It’s entirely possible that the shakes are Missy’s. She half asses everything she does, it’s not beyond her to see Bryan being successful and think she can use shakes as a short cut to catch up with him.

Besides, shakes aren’t cheating. It’s still just portion control. They’re meal replacements, not magic calorie burners. Drinking shakes to control your portion sizes is totally valid and I don’t consider him to be any less transparent for not mentioning every little thing he did to aid in portion control. If he hid surgery or a gastric balloon, that’d be dishonest. But shakes? No. That’s still just standard portion control.
That’s something I hadn’t thought about, but entirely possible. Missy is an asshole and always trying to seem better or on up everyone, even her husband. I guess any way he lost the weight, he lost it slowly and consistently over the course of a year. That’s an accomplishment and good for him for getting back and shape and changing his health when he saw it was affecting him.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Good for Bryan for losing the weight. Really. After listening to his story though, I find a few things really concerning. First, whether we like it or not, he has an influence on a lot of young people who really look up to him. How many impressionable 11 year old girls who think they are fat are going to decide they should start eating half of their meals now?? Bryan was probably eating crazy huge portions before, so half a meal is probably a normal meal. That probably isn’t true for a majority of kids who’s meals are prepared by their parents. They are in a critical growth period and shouldn’t be restricting calories by half (assuming they are eating typical appropriate meals). I’m glad it worked for Bryan but I’d rather he not have shared those details on the main channel. I can just see too many kids getting into to some seriously dangerous eating habits based on that.

Next, I wish he addressed how his changes were affecting his family. Has missy joined you in healthier eating? Why are the boys still eating crap? Aren’t you worried about them being the fat, bullied kids in school? Their current diets sure are putting them on that path.

I still find the amount of weight lost in the time frame concerning. He says it happened over 12 months but a lot of it just sort of fell off. Dramatic weight loss can be a sign of cancer...I doubt that’s the case but still, things just seem sketchy about the story still. Bryan seems to have a serious phobia of doctors (and dentists). I doubt a physician has been following his weight loss and making sure his health is being maintained throughout the process. Deep calorie cuts like he’s talking about can be detrimental. He did have that fainting episode. Idk, I just really hope behind the scenes a health professional is monitoring him because it seems to me like he could be falling into risky territory.

Lastly, it’s not pronounced gowl-bladder Bryan.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Great that Bryan is losing weight, but if he isn't (which he probably is) he still needs to eat more healthy foods too. Eating a portion helps, but it'll work faster if he also eats healthy. I didn't hear him say much about vegetables.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Tiger27 wrote:Good for Bryan for losing the weight. Really. After listening to his story though, I find a few things really concerning. First, whether we like it or not, he has an influence on a lot of young people who really look up to him. How many impressionable 11 year old girls who think they are fat are going to decide they should start eating half of their meals now?? Bryan was probably eating crazy huge portions before, so half a meal is probably a normal meal. That probably isn’t true for a majority of kids who’s meals are prepared by their parents. They are in a critical growth period and shouldn’t be restricting calories by half (assuming they are eating typical appropriate meals). I’m glad it worked for Bryan but I’d rather he not have shared those details on the main channel. I can just see too many kids getting into to some seriously dangerous eating habits based on that.

70% of Americans are overweight or obese. I think it’s safe to say that the vast majority of kids and adults alike could do with cutting their portions in half. Eating disorders are a real problem across all age groups in the US, but overeating and binge eating disorder is far more rampant than anorexia or bulimia. So, I’m not at all concerned that his portion control advice would tip someone into anorexia, as restrictive eating disorders are actually quite rare when compared to chronic overeating/binge eating disorder.
I still find the amount of weight lost in the time frame concerning. He says it happened over 12 months but a lot of it just sort of fell off. Dramatic weight loss can be a sign of cancer... Deep calorie cuts like he’s talking about can be detrimental.
He lost around 55lbs in a year. That’s LESS than the typical 2lbs a week recommended by physicians. It didn’t “fall off”. He purposely didn’t show his full body often because he was accustomed to hiding it.
He didn’t do a “deep calorie cut”. 1200 calories a day is a perfectly reasonable, achievable and healthy number of calories during weight loss. He’s short and sedentary. He doesn’t need the same amount of calories as a tall, athletic person.

We need to teach portion control in health class. It’s not enough to know that fruit and vegetables are healthy. People need to know how to determine their optimal weight, calculate their daily energy requirements based on weight and activity level, and how to track their intake. 70% of the population being overweight or obese means that an overwhelming majority of the population have no idea how to regulate their consumption or have any concept of what a healthy portion looks like.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

What the hell is a Gal-bladder? lol (couldn't even get that word right)!
He does look better, I hope for the sake of his kids that he starts them on healthier eating.
MadeHD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MadeHD »

Todays vlog should have gone up on the Bryan Lanning channel. There were vlogs where Bryan was trying to lose weight, he would do good and then Missy would deter him. Hopefully Bryan keeps it off this time. It would be disappointing to see him gain it all back. They must be planning ahead for something otherwise Missy would still be sitting on her butt, playing video games and drinking gatorade. Also, if Bryan isn't driving anymore...that would help keep him from eating out 3 times a day! The amount of food and type of food they were pounding down was sickening.
Drama King: any male that makes a big deal over a nonissue.
also any male that never shuts up and always has to be the center of attention.

"Drama Kings and Queens of Idaho"
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

MadeHD wrote:Todays vlog should have gone up on the Bryan Lanning channel. There were vlogs where Bryan was trying to lose weight, he would do good and then Missy would deter him. Hopefully Bryan keeps it off this time. It would be disappointing to see him gain it all back. They must be planning ahead for something otherwise Missy would still be sitting on her butt, playing video games and drinking gatorade. Also, if Bryan isn't driving anymore...that would help keep him from eating out 3 times a day! The amount of food and type of food they were pounding down was sickening.
did he explain why no driving? which cars do they have now, and have any gone missing for a while? maybe he got in an accident. bryan used to drive everywhere, so for him to suddenly not drive.... something's off.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Those restaurant portions are crazy. And when they would show their freezer, it was full of Fireball, chicken nuggets, ice cream and pierogies. So if he's lost weight with all that crap looking him in the face, good for him. We know Missy isn't going to give up her nightly cookies and I-need-a-new-fridge-to-keep-it-cold-enough milk.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lmmomSD wrote:Those restaurant portions are crazy. And when they would show their freezer, it was full of Fireball, chicken nuggets, ice cream and pierogies. So if he's lost weight with all that crap looking him in the face, good for him. We know Missy isn't going to give up her nightly cookies and I-need-a-new-fridge-to-keep-it-cold-enough milk.

Dont forget the million boxes of texas toast!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

MadeHD wrote:Todays vlog should have gone up on the Bryan Lanning channel. There were vlogs where Bryan was trying to lose weight, he would do good and then Missy would deter him. Hopefully Bryan keeps it off this time. It would be disappointing to see him gain it all back. They must be planning ahead for something otherwise Missy would still be sitting on her butt, playing video games and drinking gatorade. Also, if Bryan isn't driving anymore...that would help keep him from eating out 3 times a day! The amount of food and type of food they were pounding down was sickening.
Not that I care about Bryan personally, I often think of the bigger picture with the viewers.. How many kids are watching them? How many kids think money grows on trees and they are #parentinggoals #couplegoals? How many of these kids and teens idolise these idiots? They dont see the real picture. However, I do commend Bryan for posting his weight loss on the main page. Any kind of positive body image, positive life style talk, (though WE know he doesnt eat healthy) about his overweight body, about portion control, about how happy he feels after his weight loss, the positive aspects of what he's done... This is good for the kid/teen viewers.
Like, *actually good*.
I never defend them. Never. I will just praise him for doing this ***tiny bit*** for his viewers. Talking about using weight loss /fitness apps might get kids/teens looking into it if they really do idolise him. One should admit with the awful stats in the US, AU and UK (and more countries), obesity is a huge problem. fortunately in this situation a few hundred thousand kids are watching their videos every day and ARE influenced negatively by vloggers. I dont allow my kids to watch youtube yet. But I do fear the result of kids watching vlogs and how their perceive the world through the vloggers eyes (the perception the vloggers give!).

I know I'm going to get some negative feedback for acknowledging he did something right, in my opinion, but I dont care. I do give people credit where credit is due.
It's just my opinion, and it doesnt matter since this is a gossip forum. :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Those restaurant portions are crazy. And when they would show their freezer, it was full of Fireball, chicken nuggets, ice cream and pierogies. So if he's lost weight with all that crap looking him in the face, good for him. We know Missy isn't going to give up her nightly cookies and I-need-a-new-fridge-to-keep-it-cold-enough milk.

Dont forget the million boxes of texas toast!

And frozen mini pancakes!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The thing is, that no matter how much he says he's happier since he lost the weight, it doesn't match his demeanor AT ALL. He's become more petulant, he hardly ever smiles, and we rarely see him playing with his sons.
I don't buy it.

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

lmmomSD wrote:The thing is, that no matter how much he says he's happier since he lost the weight, it doesn't match his demeanor AT ALL. He's become more petulant, he hardly ever smiles, and we rarely see him playing with his sons.
I don't buy it.

I dont 100% buy it either but kids and teens will. it what worries me about the bigger picture of the vlogging world is that unfortunately there are tiny people and tiny minds who do care. :/
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

OMG. They are SO stupid.
She's cantering along, NO helmet, and filming instastories instead of paying attention. I'm assuming no helmet because she's not wearing one when she's jumping. Dumb bitch. Then, she's filming Finn jumping from one very high hay bale to another, and Ollie jumping OFF the hay bale.
But hey, injuries make for good vlogs, right?

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:The thing is, that no matter how much he says he's happier since he lost the weight, it doesn't match his demeanor AT ALL. He's become more petulant, he hardly ever smiles, and we rarely see him playing with his sons.
I don't buy it.

I don’t buy it either. He seems really disconnected from everything and everyone. He and Missy rarely vlog together anymore, he is hardly on social media, and he seems to be going through the motions with his kids.

I wonder if whatever he takes for anxiety has made him a zombie. I’ve been on different meds that have helped my symptoms, but made me numb and completely disengaged from friends, family and things I enjoyed.

Honestly though? He’s always had a look of melancholy behind his eyes. His over the top, obnoxious “glee” has always seemed fake. He’s never been interested in important meetings/appointments for his wife or children, he took no part in touring pre-schools for Ollie, and he’s always been quiet and in his own world when spotted in the background of other vloggers videos. I want to believe that meds cause this, but I think disconnected is just who he is.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:
I don't buy it.

I don’t buy it either. He seems really disconnected from everything and everyone. He and Missy rarely vlog together anymore, he is hardly on social media, and he seems to be going through the motions with his kids.

I wonder if whatever he takes for anxiety has made him a zombie. I’ve been on different meds that have helped my symptoms, but made me numb and completely disengaged from friends, family and things I enjoyed.

Honestly though? He’s always had a look of melancholy behind his eyes. His over the top, obnoxious “glee” has always seemed fake. He’s never been interested in important meetings/appointments for his wife or children, he took no part in touring pre-schools for Ollie, and he’s always been quiet and in his own world when spotted in the background of other vloggers videos. I want to believe that meds cause this, but I think disconnected is just who he is.
I think he misses his mom, aunts and sister. He always seems genuinely happy and at ease around them.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think hes just fucking tired. He's trying to film so much in one day

Return to “Daily Bumps”