Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

crazy_in_canada
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by crazy_in_canada »

So does anyone know why they are leaving California? They said they have to move in their latest video... did I miss an update in a video where they address the reason why? I can’t imagine them being very happy in Idaho, it seems too small town for their liking.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

crazy_in_canada wrote:So does anyone know why they are leaving California? They said they have to move in their latest video... did I miss an update in a video where they address the reason why? I can’t imagine them being very happy in Idaho, it seems too small town for their liking.
They've been talking about the move since January. I think they moved to SoCal so Corbin could work for DBs and that didn't work out and they really haven't been close since about Thanksgiving. They used to hang out every day and now almost NEVER. The only reason they moved to SoCal was the Bumps. I think Southern Oregon would be a good fit for them, but maybe they want to be back in Idaho for family support??

Overall, they waste a TON of money by moving so much! I really wonder how they will qualify for a mortgage with such an odd, unreliable income!!??!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7azaDrjpzg4
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe parents are co-signing?

That intro is such false advertising. It screams "we're a nature loving hiking camping family!" And they're just not. At. All.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

onbreak wrote:I thought he was going to use it as an excuse to not go.

They have nothing going on because they suck at motivating.

Are they stoners? It would explain sooo much, my love.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Haha very possible if she went to SOU (right?) I was born in Ashland and grew up in Medford. the stoners/regular ol’ pot smokers are prevalent

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

1. Like I said. I saw the comment and it was fucked up to the point even I reported it. So very much happened. Be it a real threat or not it was still posted. Same as the other comments about stay away from India. They're by multiple people.

2. These fools are so transparent. "Oh Idaho is on the list." Bitch please. That is where they're moving because that is where mommy and daddy will be signing for a house. They have said multiple times they can't afford anything right now. Yet they have to move soon. So clearly they will be moving back home. I think the big deal about seeing where they grew up showed Corbin feels like a failure that they're moving back. Now maybe he will realize he has to get a real job. Before they make another baby.

3. I find it so strange that Kelsey and Missy went from being BFF's to no contact at all.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I'm confused as to why they would want to buy a house straightaway in Idaho, especially if they're not particularly excited about moving back. Why not rent for awhile to see if this is really where they want to raise their family? If they commit to buying a house and then regret it, they're going to be miserable.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're already miserable.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... c968e3.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... dcfef2.jpg[/img]

I don’t doubt that someone left some nasty comments...this is the internet we are talking about. But I think they saw this as an opportunity to create buzz, drama. and clickbait for their boring, struggling channel. Normal youtubers typically handle issues like this behind the scenes when it happens and then maybe talk about it after the fact. And while I find it really awful that people are making horrible comments, I don’t really feel bad for them at all (except for June, as she has no say in this). They CHOOSE to put their lives out on the internet, knowing full well the consequences that could happen. Everyone knows the internet is full of creeps and psychos, yet they CHOOSE to put videos of their one year old out there for all to see. I don’t think anyone deserves this, but I just have trouble finding sympathy for family vloggers who drag their children into something they can’t consent to and then complain when the internet weirdos (who were probably there and watching all along) crawl out of their holes and say something.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was just curious, so I looked at some of the house prices in Boise and it's really not as cheap as I was expecting. They'll have to spend at least $250K and expect a small, fixer-upper...also I thought they wanted to buy a place with a lot of land or a farm??!

I agree that they probably won't be happy in Boise. I don't understand why they keep moving. They haven't seemed happy anywhere since the van trip—and they weren't even that happy then.

Also, my other theory about the comment section is that they are worried the company paying for their free trip will see the negative ones and cancel the trip. They usually just delete/block the comments they don't like.
candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

I'm assuming threats were made by someone living in India? In that case won't they have to extradite the said person from India (assuming the countries have this agreement) and then have a trial in CA, all for a hate comment on internet (and not drug smuggling or murder)? Is he that stupid? (rhetorical question)
I'm going back and forth on this fiasco. If such a comment was made by someone, then this is a massive overreaction in the response. Anyways, he remains a twit.
Hope I didn't spoke too soon this time. :)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

When the e+j mothers day pregnancy vlog hit the trending page they had some pretty harsh comments, the fetus deletus ones were proof of the mentality they are marketing their loved ones to.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:I was just curious, so I looked at some of the house prices in Boise and it's really not as cheap as I was expecting. They'll have to spend at least $250K and expect a small, fixer-upper...also I thought they wanted to buy a place with a lot of land or a farm??!
Even if they do buy a $250K house (or even $300K) and put down only a small down payment, their mortgage payment will be way less than their rent for their apartment in Portland. Unless they are barely making money anymore (and view counts don't mean much if they have sponsorships), that should be very affordable.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

Here is a website that explains California’s law on threats.

https://www.shouselaw.com/criminal_threats.html#1.1

Now sure how it would work for someone in a different state, let alone another country.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I was just curious, so I looked at some of the house prices in Boise and it's really not as cheap as I was expecting. They'll have to spend at least $250K and expect a small, fixer-upper...also I thought they wanted to buy a place with a lot of land or a farm??!
Even if they do buy a $250K house (or even $300K) and put down only a small down payment, their mortgage payment will be way less than their rent for their apartment in Portland. Unless they are barely making money anymore (and view counts don't mean much if they have sponsorships), that should be very affordable.
No, I get that, but how would they get qualified??? Typically you need a record of a regular, stable income for several years...and I don't think they have that. Kelsey has never even had a "real" job. They were completely BROKE just over a year ago (at the end of the van trip). Buying a house requires more than renting—and it's hella expensive, especially a fixer! I also think they WERE getting $$$$ help from DBs, but I think those days are over. They even got their "new" fridge from Missy. I don't think they are in any shape to buy a house.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I find it funny that he claims he will do anything to protect his wife and daughter. Except you know stop filming their daily life and their locations. Get a real job and fade away ...no wouldn't do that.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:I find it funny that he claims he will do anything to protect his wife and daughter. Except you know stop filming their daily life and their locations. Get a real job and fade away ...no wouldn't do that.
Exactly!!!! These two are idiots. He looks at you tube as “easy” money, like their former BFF’s lannings. None of these people have interesting lives. So they use their children to get the views and $$$. Even Casey neistat doesn’t film his daughter.

I think Corbin burnt the bridges with the lannings b/c of his elitist attitude. He’s so lazy that the thought of a 9-5 job is something he won’t consider. I really hope their relatives don’t Co-sign for them on a loan for a house. I get the feeling their parents realize what flakes they are.

I don’t think Corbin is going to do the race or complete it. He’s been complying for weeks now. Serious runners run consistently not every once in awhile.

I have to agree that this comment thing is probably a way to get out of the trip. It’s been shady all along. Not having the guy from the organization speak on camera was a mistake, unless they were there to tell to cancel the trip. Would love to know how many of the 20 they got.

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Yeah I genuinely think they had no choice but to move back to Idaho after the Lannings cut them off. Maybe it's so bad they don't even have enough money to rent. I do think their parents are cosigning and maybe they agreed to help out on the condition that they start being realistic - so buying a smaller home in an affordable area, holding down jobs, no more expensive vacations, etc.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

His parents seem to baby him. So I think they are the only way they will be getting a house. I bet the agreement was if they wanted them to cosign they had to move back home to be closer to family / easier to see their grandchild. Corbin is a spoiled rotten little wanna be hippie hipster shit head. He thinks they're entitled to things. That people and life should go just as he wants. But that's not reality. Look how he and Kelsey came to be married. He dumped her when he went off to college so he could have freedom. When he realized she was the only one who would put up with his obnoxious whining every single day he decided they could be together. He is just the fucking worst.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They pick up and move on a whim so quickly from one place to the next. I know that they don’t have jobs and they like to “wander” but it feels like they just have zero follow-through so as soon as the going gets tough, they pick up and move with no forethought.

They didn’t stop to consider if they could afford Portland with a baby, they just went with it because Portland fit the image they were trying to project, until they realized they couldn’t afford a second bedroom or outdoor space. They didn’t stop to consider if Corbin would like working for Bryan or if he’d be good at it, they just hightailed it to the Lanning's neighborhood and starting spending boatloads of money on their rental. And I doubt they’re really thinking through whether they want to raise a family in Idaho. You can tell that Kelsey really wants to be a homeowner, but that's something that people have to actually work towards. Working, saving, planning, making sacrifices, etc. So I wouldn’t be surprised if Corbin’s parents gave them a conditional offer of a down payment if they move back home.

I think his parents have caught on and now money is the only way that they know that they can be involved with their son's family. Corbin thought his parents would be ponying up big time once a grandchild was in the picture. He only mentions his family when they’re gifting him something expensive or doing him a big favor. Baby gear, camping permits, grill, refrigerator, sod installation, vacations, a car to borrow, etc. I don’t think it’s normal for a grown man to only mention his parents when big ticket items are involved.

Corbin only cares about one thing: getting other people to pay for stuff so that he doesn’t have to provide. Lord only knows how much Missy and Bryan have given them. I completely believe that disgusting and frightening threats like that are the norm for YouTube families. There are a lot of sick people out there who watch videos of children, so the fact that he continues to put his child on the internet despite these threats says a lot about where his priorities lie. Not having to get a job and work for a living trumps his child's privacy and well being.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:You can tell that Kelsey really wants to be a homeowner
Then she should get a JOB! LOL! I bought my first house as a single female because I actually WORKED for it. Kelsey has never had a job. She doesn't seem to have any skills. She doesn't even edit the vlogs. They always say she's "an artist," but that's obviously BS! She's a freeloader—even more so than Corbin...and Corbin is pretty bad.

I recently found a travel couple I really like—Kara and Nate. I think Corbin and Kelsey could have been more like them if they had planned better...and not "accidentally" had a baby for views. I actually didn't mind these two during the van trip. Now they just want to be DailyBumps 2.0 and it's not working out for them.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”