Bollie Hoellein: The Bold & The Blocked | Part 15

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Hoellein: The Bold & The Blocked | Part 15

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Todays drama wrote:I notice Bonnie is always wearing her Billie Robe in the videos getting ready in the morning. I saw the same robe in Marshall’s, one pocket, “Made in China” tag and 100% Polyester for $19.99. Big price difference. Had the same woven effect, too. Bonnie’s entitlement is going to be their downfall. Her and Ellie think they are the Mormon queens and how dare anyone not cater to them. They both need to understand that viewers don’t owe them an easy living and we are not obligated to buy their plastic and polyester crap.
New vlog title -

Bollie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

The 3 corporations thing was such a joke...
1. Their youtube corporation
2. Bollie Brand
3. ? - Possibly a corporation to separate the deals she does with Albion.

If youre that stressed out then maybe youre doing something wrong? My husband and I are each self employed, each owning a corporation (accounting firm & construction), sure it gets hectic at times but its really not that bad. If you cant keep your head above water maybe start focusing on all these corporations instead of running for an over night trip to get your eyebrows done, going down to Moab, ect, ect, ect.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:The 3 corporations thing was such a joke...
1. Their youtube corporation
2. Bollie Brand
3. ? - Possibly a corporation to separate the deals she does with Albion.

If youre that stressed out then maybe youre doing something wrong? My husband and I are each self employed, each owning a corporation (accounting firm & construction), sure it gets hectic at times but its really not that bad. If you cant keep your head above water maybe start focusing on all these corporations instead of running for an over night trip to get your eyebrows done, going down to Moab, ect, ect, ect.
A ten hour overnight road trip for eyebrow pampering when you're struggling to keep your heads above water with business stress is just plain stupid. If they had mentioned it was a little romantic getaway the comments here probably wouldn't be so harsh, but they didn't say that. Why did Joel go with her?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

The irony of Bonnie not wanting the kids to sell stuff to even family members as she shills Bollie crap to the viewers is not lost on me.

Must be nice to be Ellie and just step away from that mess and responsibility . We knew that would happen, Bonnie should have too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
jbg1515 wrote:
menehune wrote:Thats his wife they are talking about. Do people seriously expect him to not feel like defending her?

That comment was ridiculous in my opinion. I get what the person was trying to say, but implying that a mom needs to stay home is just crazy.

Thats like when people nitpick the crap out of things on these boards but then want to act outraged when constructive criticism isn't received well. Yes tubers put themselves out there, but of course they are going to react to what they see as over the top criticism and hate.
I didn’t meant to thank your post. But I can understand Joel’s comment but I 100% agree with the OP. She never said that Bonnie shouldn’t be a stay at home mom, nor did she imply that at all. Just that all she does is literally what she wants to and is constantly spending money and pampering herself with expensive shit on a weekly basis and is indeed an attention seeker. At least that’s what I got out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fair point or not, it was stated aggressively. Tone is everything in a discussion. Even if a small part of Joel agreed with that post, I can see why he'd feel the need to step in and say something. I'd rather see that than the comment deleted tbh.

I agree that the tone could have been different, but the way Bonnie is, the comment would have gotten her back up anyway. It's not because of rude comments that she can't take constructive criticism. She never was able to, even when most of the comments were positive.
And of course the "you can't judge them based on 10 minutes of their day" argument pops up. That one cracks me up. These vlogs are edited to be "the best part of the day", the kids are coaxed to say certain things, and 10 minutes a day of footage over several years adds up to quite a lot. We're generally able to predict what they're going to do in a given situation. So I think we "know" them pretty well.
So, she's got a stay at home husband, a mothers helper, and films her life for a living, but doing a kid's fundraiser is "too stressful"?
My eyes are rolling out of my head.

kathpt
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kathpt »

There's definitely something going on with some new business & joel not being home as much. When Boston was trying to do her necklace she said 'usually dad does this for me. you have to learn because you're gonna be doing it more' or something along those lines. Makes me wonder if she's finally gonna let joel start his own business like he's always wanted?

Also, acrylic is still plastic, Bonnie.
you can call me kath.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I am shocked by the amount of parents in the comments saying they don't let their kids fundraise either. How hard is it to at least buy a few things to support your kid's school?

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:The irony of Bonnie not wanting the kids to sell stuff to even family members as she shills Bollie crap to the viewers is not lost on me.

Must be nice to be Ellie and just step away from that mess and responsibility. We knew that would happen, Bonnie should have too!
It seems Bonnie is in denial (or clueless) about the bias of their 'close' and 'equal' sisterly relationship.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I am shocked by the amount of parents in the comments saying they don't let their kids fundraise either. How hard is it to at least buy a few things to support your kid's school?
The vlog last year where she showed and talked about the stuff she bought for the teachers is her way of supporting the kidses school. Lovely as that is it doesn't teach her own children anything, especially seeing in today's vlog how both Olivia and Cody were so desperate to get involved in the fundraiser. It just feels like more control from Bonnie, plus she get's brownie points and therefore validation for purchasing items and personally donating them.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I am shocked by the amount of parents in the comments saying they don't let their kids fundraise either. How hard is it to at least buy a few things to support your kid's school?

I’m sorry, but that is so lazy. I could maybe understand if someone is a single parent and/or working long hours, but Bonnie and Joel aren’t in that situation. She sounded very selfish during that entire exchange. I guess if it’s not about her, it’s not worth doing.
amandaz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amandaz »

I commented about the $90 ripoff and how ridiculous it is she spent $250 years ago for a plastic makeup case. Griffiths girls again showing all they care about is physical beauty and would spend $$$ back in the day on unnecessary beauty items.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

It's such a shame. It's for a good cause that can benefit their kids' educations. I just don't understand people's priorities.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Just me or does Bonnie have like A LOT of makeup? Most people I know don't have more than a bag as big as their hand full
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:

It's such a shame. It's for a good cause that can benefit their kids' educations. I just don't understand people's priorities.
My son just raised $600 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation for the 3rd year in a row. We are busy people too, but find the time to do a bit of work every day on it. I can't imagine the message it sends children to not partake in something for a good cause because you're fortunate enough to not have to come very yourself with others' problems.

Not saying everyone needs to raise hundreds of dollars, but do something! If you have Bonnie's money, you can buy a few trinkets from the kids to set a good example, even if you donate them to the church for resale or use them for gifts later on.

(Its reasonable to pick and choose what to participate in, but it sounds like all these Bonnie type parents are opting out completely).

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:

My son just raised $600 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation for the 3rd year in a row. We are busy people too, but find the time to do a bit of work every day on it. I can't imagine the message it sends children to not partake in something for a good cause because you're fortunate enough to not have to come very yourself with others' problems.

Not saying everyone needs to raise hundreds of dollars, but do something! If you have Bonnie's money, you can buy a few trinkets from the kids to set a good example, even if you donate them to the church for resale or use them for gifts later on.

(Its reasonable to pick and choose what to participate in, but it sounds like all these Bonnie type parents are opting out completely).

Wow, that's incredible. Great job to you and your son.
I agree- you don't have to participate in everything. But why not at least one fundraiser a year? You don't have to go crazy and try to raise the most money possible, every little bit helps. I think it also gives the kids an important learning experience.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I have way too much makeup and im not giving it up without a fight.

I also have always worked in a places where if you don't buy stuff from other peoples kids fundraisers, don't dare ask for them to buy something from your kid.

I believe in fundraisers. Especially, now that my son is a boyscout. If he didn't have fundraisers his troop wouldnt be able to afford to go to summer camp together.

Teaching kids how to fundraise is more than peddling junk. Its teaching them about marketing, conversing (public speaking), and most of all money.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

Kudos to you and your son HS. It is a nice example of giving back to community. :love2:
It just feels ironical how people like bonnie expect people to buy their overpriced and underdeveloped crap and get all expensive sponsorship and vacations but when it comes to giving back to society, so others can also enjoy their 'perks' to some extent, they step back. Which is really sad.
Does she really care improving anybody else's life expect hers?
I can bet my life is 2x stressful than bonnie without any kids. Still I hope to take out few hours every week to do volunteer work. She really dropped the ball on this one. :|
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

First off, ACRYLIC IS PLASTIC. I believe the only reason she is sitting down talking about their plasic makeup box thing is because they know it's NOT selling. They are trying to push it because they are sitting on so much inventory. It's OVERPRICED! A 5 min. vlog about it isn't going to make people buy it all of the sudden. It's just too expensive for her viewers to buy.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

candy_toffee wrote: Does she really care improving anybody else's life expect hers?
Today's vlog speaks volumes for this. In the same vlog, she tries to sell her $100+ overpriced MAKEUP case so she can benefit herself, while she says no to her kids who want to do a fundraiser to help their school/community. Only looking out for herself while her kids want to do what is good.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:First off, ACRYLIC IS PLASTIC. I believe the only reason she is sitting down talking about their plasic makeup box thing is because they know it's NOT selling. They are trying to push it because they are sitting on so much inventory. It's OVERPRICED! A 5 min. vlog about it isn't going to make people buy it all of the sudden. It's just too expensive for her viewers to buy.
I wrote this in the middle of the vlog, now I see they made the case "on sale" for "only" $90..........which I totally called a week or so ago when someone posted the numbers of how much they have sold. I knew that was the next item to go "on sale" since they are not selling hardly any at all.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”