True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: The 5 Tries And The Girl - Part 6

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

LennyLemon wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:Learnt whilst spoilt etc etc are all words just not common in American English. I also recently learned about the history of use ax instead of ask and how it fell out of favor more recently.
I wonder if USA don't use the 't' at the end is because they don't like to pronounce the letter t. And I know this because my kids watch stupid american vlogging families (sis vs bro, daily bumps, shot of the yeagers etc) and they mimic the accent. Wa'a (water), boh'ill (bottle), sanna (Santa). Drives me nuts! lol
Ha, my husband is British. He talks like that. Really bummed me out when I wanted to use the name Hattie for a girl. It became ha-ee! I guess it depends where you’re from here. My sis in law is from the south and they never add the g to the end of a word. Instead of morning it’s mornin’. Growing up in New York I would drop my r’s. Car was cah or bar was bah.

*edited* I meant to add we use learned instead of learnt, spoilt in is spoiled and so forth.
Yeah, exactly. I know plenty of Europeans who "don't pronounce their Ts" so let's not use some ridiculous excuses to mask our hate for Americans. "Damn Americans too lazy to pronounce the T amiright?" No. Btw where do I bag me a British husband??

Let's move on now shall we? This is off topic anyways.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

EleanorRigby wrote:
LennyLemon wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:
I wonder if USA don't use the 't' at the end is because they don't like to pronounce the letter t. And I know this because my kids watch stupid american vlogging families (sis vs bro, daily bumps, shot of the yeagers etc) and they mimic the accent. Wa'a (water), boh'ill (bottle), sanna (Santa). Drives me nuts! lol
Ha, my husband is British. He talks like that. Really bummed me out when I wanted to use the name Hattie for a girl. It became ha-ee! I guess it depends where you’re from here. My sis in law is from the south and they never add the g to the end of a word. Instead of morning it’s mornin’. Growing up in New York I would drop my r’s. Car was cah or bar was bah.

*edited* I meant to add we use learned instead of learnt, spoilt in is spoiled and so forth.
Yeah, exactly. I know plenty of Europeans who "don't pronounce their Ts" so let's not use some ridiculous excuses to mask our hate for Americans. "Damn Americans too lazy to pronounce the T amiright?" No. Btw where do I bag me a British husband??

Let's move on now shall we? This is off topic anyways.
Just FTR - the stupid American vlogs meant American's with stupid vlogs, not stupid Americans with vlogs. I don't have a problem with Americans at all. I didn't realise that some UK people also drop their 't's. I just referenced Americans as that's what my children watch on youtube.
Floofy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floofy »

ho hum.......I can remember when "ain't" wasn't word.............any combo of letters said often enough will be added to a dictionary
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KiwiMama »

Floofy wrote:ho hum.......I can remember when "ain't" wasn't word.............any combo of letters said often enough will be added to a dictionary
You do realize there is nothing new about the word "learnt" right? In fact, it's been in use for over 500 years. But whatever, if you want to be a grammar Nazi at least do minimal fact checking first.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Bloody hell this is how you know Chloe is as boring as watching paint dry when this is the condition of her thread.
Floofy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floofy »

KiwiMama wrote:
Floofy wrote:ho hum.......I can remember when "ain't" wasn't word.............any combo of letters said often enough will be added to a dictionary
You do realize there is nothing new about the word "learnt" right? In fact, it's been in use for over 500 years. But whatever, if you want to be a grammar Nazi at least do minimal fact checking first.
You learnt something today....you're welcome
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

Floofy wrote:
KiwiMama wrote:
I didn't learn a single thing. But you're now saved from making the same fool out of yourself in the future (I would hope), so you're very welcome!
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Floofy wrote:
KiwiMama wrote:
Drop it.
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

Has she ever taken the kids swimming/ taught them to swim? Other than her random 2 days of "we're a beach family now" and those horrid togs. Given where they live it seems such a wasted opportunity. Swimming is such a great activity on so many levels, but I suppose pool water isn't vegan enough. Plus she doesn't seem interested in skills she would actually have to actively teach them. She's admitted in the past the older kids are only as good at maths and reading because they watched a lot of TV when they were smaller.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

They did go to an indoor pool a few times but I think it's too hard for Ro to be in the water with up to six kids at once. I think this would be a great reason for a sitter so they could each have a kid and be one on one.
Floofy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floofy »

Drop it.[/quote]

Who are you talking to?
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

Floofy wrote:Drop it.

Who are you talking to?[/quote]I imagine the posters in the quote tree continuing a discussion regarding English that was degenerating quickly into passive aggressive posts having nothing to do with family in question.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

KiwiMama wrote:Has she ever taken the kids swimming/ taught them to swim? Other than her random 2 days of "we're a beach family now" and those horrid togs. Given where they live it seems such a wasted opportunity. Swimming is such a great activity on so many levels, but I suppose pool water isn't vegan enough. Plus she doesn't seem interested in skills she would actually have to actively teach them. She's admitted in the past the older kids are only as good at maths and reading because they watched a lot of TV when they were smaller.
Pool water has so many harsh chemicals for her precious vegan babies

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

annaclinchwalsh963 wrote:
Floofy wrote:

Who are you talking to?
I imagine the posters in the quote tree continuing a discussion regarding English that was degenerating quickly into passive aggressive posts having nothing to do with family in question.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was getting ridiculous. People being embarrassed they don't know how to use the English language properly isn't a reason to keep derailing the thread to add their snarky comments. If you wanna continue to argue with me I can silence you or send a warning your way... or you can just stop while you're ahead?
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

KiwiMama wrote:Has she ever taken the kids swimming/ taught them to swim? Other than her random 2 days of "we're a beach family now" and those horrid togs. Given where they live it seems such a wasted opportunity. Swimming is such a great activity on so many levels, but I suppose pool water isn't vegan enough. Plus she doesn't seem interested in skills she would actually have to actively teach them. She's admitted in the past the older kids are only as good at maths and reading because they watched a lot of TV when they were smaller.
I actually get the no swimming thing. 6 kids under 5 at the pools with 2 adults is not safe in any way, shape or form.
However they could have done it while the triplets were in daycare (is it possible to strike thru a word??) montessori - depending on the season of course.

I LOL at how short their 'themed videos' lasted. I think she did, what 2? Rank as playdough and the sushi one.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

One of the comments on the 'rug' IG is that they'd like to see a house tour now that the furniture is in. LOL. What furniture? Six stools, 7 beds, 2 small hard couches, a kids table and chairs set and endless shelves. Cause that's it. :rofl:
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

Bekkaz wrote:
I actually get the no swimming thing. 6 kids under 5 at the pools with 2 adults is not safe in any way, shape or form.
However they could have done it while the triplets were in daycare (is it possible to strike thru a word??) montessori - depending on the season of course.

I LOL at how short their 'themed videos' lasted. I think she did, what 2? Rank as playdough and the sushi one.

They now only have 4 kids under 5. They could do it while the trips are at daycare like you suggested. They only need a adult with them one on one until they get the hang of it and then after that most child swim teachers will have a small group of children all at once. It's totally doable and one of the many things Evan and Otto would be doing in a real school that Chloe isn't making up for.
KiwiMama
Amateur
Amateur

I also noticed they are back on the gruel... yuck!
missparzival
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by missparzival »

KiwiMama wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:

They now only have 4 kids under 5. They could do it while the trips are at daycare like you suggested. They only need a adult with them one on one until they get the hang of it and then after that most child swim teachers will have a small group of children all at once. It's totally doable and one of the many things Evan and Otto would be doing in a real school that Chloe isn't making up for.
I’m a swim instructor and not teaching kids to swim (yourself if you can’t afford lessons) grinds my gears so much. All 6 of those kids should be in lessons. And bonus for Chloe now all are old enough to get in with our parents. Evan is 6 and couldn’t even swim to a pool edge if he was to fall in. That’s disgraceful.
To me she has no excuse what so ever that would be good enough for them not having lessons or being taken when they were smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I think it's kinda ridiculous to say they shouldn't take their kids to the pool bc there's too many to manage. A, that's the most ridiculous excuse ever to deprive your children of something they love and 2, if you think 2 adults can't handle 6 kids I hope you don't ever send your kid to any form of daycare or... School. 3 kids per parent??? Why is that insane or unsafe. Even if they're little and hard to manage they chose to have them so they need to deal with it. If you were a single parent of 3 kids you'd still take them swimming. Getting the kids in lessons is important obviously bc no matter how much supervision they have they should know how to swim. But the "too many kids" while it may be accurate for why they don't take them is not an excuse.

I grew up in a family of 5 kids and we swam like fish. If you can't handle your kids don't plan so many pregnancies back to back.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”