C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I think it’s sad they have forgotten this is a business. They should be networking. They should learn what’s new and how they can grow their channel. If they want their livelihood to continue and prosper they should look for some outside help. If you think about it they do that in other aspects of their lives. Katie did not do continuing ed classes for her degree and let her license lapse. You have a chance to boost yourself you should do it. They don’t have to take Brooks and Gaines, they have their village. They could go and learn so they can earn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spivy
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Spivy »

Maybe they aren’t going to Playlist because they still are having issues with each other. When was the last time they ended the vlog together? Have they even vlogged “together” at all? The very few times I have watched them lately the vlogs seem disjointed and just like they vlog one thing and drag it out forever. I miss the old days.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

GET OFF THE GOLF COURSE AND GET YOUR DAMN DOGS ON A LEASH!!

fuck.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I know this may not pertain to all...

I can't even express how irritating it is to follow the rules of the neighborhood and leash your dog, only to have a neighbor that lets their dogs roam freely. So my dog is on a leash, and your dog approaches and wants to play/investigate/attack not on a leash. What is my leashed dog supposed to do? Try to play on a leash, investigate on a leash, or god forbid they are held as the other dog attacks. It's not fair and it makes my blood boil. I want to tell C&K "keep your damn dog on a leash for THEIR safety" it is so ignorant to let them roam.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

Nobody likes dog crap on their golf balls. They didn’t even look like they had bags to pick up after them. Not cool at all. :-o
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I know this may not pertain to all...

I can't even express how irritating it is to follow the rules of the neighborhood and leash your dog, only to have a neighbor that lets their dogs roam freely. So my dog is on a leash, and your dog approaches and wants to play/investigate/attack not on a leash. What is my leashed dog supposed to do? Try to play on a leash, investigate on a leash, or god forbid they are held as the other dog attacks. It's not fair and it makes my blood boil. I want to tell C&K "keep your damn dog on a leash for THEIR safety" it is so ignorant to let them roam.
Leashed dogs feel threatened by unleashed dogs. My reactive dog cannot deal when a loose dog approaches him. Ruins our walk and we look like the bad guys.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Holy crap the dogs running though the golf course is irritating. Especially ada. They didn’t even know where she was most of the time! Something is going to happen to one of those dogs. They are small and could easily get attacked by a larger dog that is also running lose. They let them run all the time though. They don’t have a fence and just let them run out the back door. It seems like ada runs off a lot, I bet their neighbors love them!

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

They're living in a country club community with a trailer park lifestyle.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I want so badly for a golfer to file a complaint. They treat that golf course like it's an extension of their backyard, and it's just not. If I paid for a membership and tee time, and some assholes cut across my game with their dogs, or I had to step in poop.
I seriously doubt they're picking up after their dogs.
Obviously Katie's money while growing up didn't buy her any class.

fuzzysocks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by fuzzysocks »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 4fe3dd.jpg[/img]

I usually just lurk these boards but GOD THIS SHIT INFURIATES ME. No, that worm did not appreciate going down a plastic slide or being cheered on or “loved” by small children. It wanted to be in the dirt and to live its wormy life. You need to teach children to respect all life- including little worms. Aren’t they Christian? I thought that meant respecting life great and small. Image

I’m an environmental educator and I literally spend 40 hours a week working with kiddos teaching them about the outdoors and how to appreciate them while also respecting them. It’s so easy to look at a worm, talk about how it likes to live its life and the role it plays in its environment, and then put it back where it belongs. That is NOT how you should interact with nature. So disrespectful. Ffs our environment is withering and dying because people are disconnected and have no respect. Grrrrrrr it pisses me off. Sorry to get on a soapbox about it lol

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also, being a 'girly girl' and liking dirt and slimy things are not mutually exclusive. I'm so tired of them perpetuating gender stereotypes.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

I was just looking on the community association page to see what the by-laws are for leashing pets but I didn't see anything (didn't dig very hard though). I did see that today is a huge community yard sale, though. You'd think these two slobs would take the opportunity to get rid of some of their clutter and crap.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

I call bullshit on this. I live in a golf course community too and yes, people do walk on the cart path in the evening with their pets ON A LEASH - because that's reasonable. They don't let the dogs run all over the greens because that's against the rules. It's kinda hard to pick up after your dog when you don't even know where the hell she is, and I don't really picture them getting their asses off of the golf cart to do anything, especially pick up dog shit. I think this commenter made a good point too... all the pesticides on the golf course and these hillbillies are out there with no shoes on. I bet their neighbors hate them. Did you guys see their back yard the other day? Katie said the lawn service didn't show up? It looked like shit with weeds everywhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IJustDontUnderstand
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by IJustDontUnderstand »

lmmomSD wrote:THIS!

Also, why can't they clean/organize etc while the kids are out of the house? WTF do they do with that time? They have groceries delivered!
When I was a SAHM and my ex was deployed, my daughter was in preschool and my son was in a Montessori early childhood program. You bet your ass I made use of that time! I got groceries, cleaned the house, did errands, etc.
Do they spend all their time goofing off on social media?

I think part of the reason their channel isn’t as successful is that they don’t view clogging like a traditional job where they have a schedule and dedicate specific time to putting in effort. They should have a set schedule. If Cullen is editing, then Katie should be taking care of the house and kids. Their lack of commitment and drive says that they both are suffering fro. Depression and/or ADHD and need to address that. They should have a set daily schedule and include activities like going for walks, dinner prep and eating, meal planning, laundry, chores, etc, etc. they would probably feel so much better if they felt accomplished. I know I do.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The town they live in has a leash law. All dogs must be leashed unless contained within an above or below ground fence. They must also pick up after their dog. Hard to do when you don’t even know where your dog is (Ada).

And just because other neighbors do it, too doesn’t mean the golf club allows it. Hell, they even have rules against playing tennis shirtless. I hope they get a hefty fine.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Hi all,

I was happy to see Cullen making a dedicated office space away from the action in the house because that is what makes total sense for someone who works from home but I do fear it could turn into a man cave where he goes maybe to do things he shouldn'e be doing.....hopefully we are wrong about that and it is actually a positive step they are taking to get their family and career back on track!

I used to be a huge fan of C&K and i still realy wanna see them get their shit together but they have become so infuriating and annoying to watch. What real people who watch them want to see is normal family life such as meals, cleaning, jobs around the house, trips to the park etc with the occasional big event like vacations, disney, meet ups etc. They always appealed more to a slightly older crowd than some of their friends and they should never have tried to get away from that. I have relationship problems, money problems, mental health issues etc but I still work full time, study and can manage to feed my kids, do the laundry and go to bed at a reasonable hour.......there must be something seriously wrong in that house that they can't even manage any of that.

Also, has anyone noticed the big emphasis being put on Katie and Brooks bonding, spending time together on the vlogs and instagram? That suggests to me she is trying to compensate for something......like perhaps severe post natal depression and not bonding with him! I feel awful for her if this is true and it would explain a lot.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

irishmiss wrote:Hi all,

I was happy to see Cullen making a dedicated office space away from the action in the house because that is what makes total sense for someone who works from home but I do fear it could turn into a man cave where he goes maybe to do things he shouldn'e be doing.....hopefully we are wrong about that and it is actually a positive step they are taking to get their family and career back on track!

I used to be a huge fan of C&K and i still realy wanna see them get their shit together but they have become so infuriating and annoying to watch. What real people who watch them want to see is normal family life such as meals, cleaning, jobs around the house, trips to the park etc with the occasional big event like vacations, disney, meet ups etc. They always appealed more to a slightly older crowd than some of their friends and they should never have tried to get away from that. I have relationship problems, money problems, mental health issues etc but I still work full time, study and can manage to feed my kids, do the laundry and go to bed at a reasonable hour.......there must be something seriously wrong in that house that they can't even manage any of that.

Also, has anyone noticed the big emphasis being put on Katie and Brooks bonding, spending time together on the vlogs and instagram? That suggests to me she is trying to compensate for something......like perhaps severe post natal depression and not bonding with him! I feel awful for her if this is true and it would explain a lot.
She doing damage control. Since he was born Brooks has been the crazy, irritable monster to Katie. She realized (probably from reading here) that all she did was complain about him. So now she’s trying to make up for it on social media.

MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

askeptichere wrote:
irishmiss wrote:Hi all,

I used to be a huge fan of C&K and i still realy wanna see them get their shit together but they have become so infuriating and annoying to watch. What real people who watch them want to see is normal family life such as meals, cleaning, jobs around the house, trips to the park etc with the occasional big event like vacations, disney, meet ups etc. They always appealed more to a slightly older crowd than some of their friends and they should never have tried to get away from that. I have relationship problems, money problems, mental health issues etc but I still work full time, study and can manage to feed my kids, do the laundry and go to bed at a reasonable hour.......there must be something seriously wrong in that house that they can't even manage any of that
She doing damage control. Since he was born Brooks has been the crazy, irritable monster to Katie. She realized (probably from reading here) that all she did was complain about him. So now she’s trying to make up for it on social media.
I remember her saying something along the lines of she didn’t want to have any more kids if they turned out like Brooks.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's a terrible thing to say! My brother said that if his second son had been born first, they only would have had one-- they didn't even have to baby proof with their first, and the second would try to climb anything he could and was fascinated with knives. But he never said it within earshot of his second son (or his first, and he certainly didn't say it on the internet!
And that whole thing with the worm pisses me off too. Worms definitely don't want to be clutched in little hands getting dried out, go down slides, or be "loved" by little kids. Or ripped in half. And what happens if she finds a snake? "Look mommy! I found a BIG worm!" After the way they terrified that poor frog in Florida, I can't say I am surprised. Way to teach respect for God's creatures, Katie!

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

lmmomSD wrote:That's a terrible thing to say! My brother said that if his second son had been born first, they only would have had one-- they didn't even have to baby proof with their first, and the second would try to climb anything he could and was fascinated with knives. But he never said it within earshot of his second son (or his first, and he certainly didn't say it on the internet!
And that whole thing with the worm pisses me off too. Worms definitely don't want to be clutched in little hands getting dried out, go down slides, or be "loved" by little kids. Or ripped in half. And what happens if she finds a snake? "Look mommy! I found a BIG worm!" After the way they terrified that poor frog in Florida, I can't say I am surprised. Way to teach respect for God's creatures, Katie!

I remember her saying something along those lines too about 6 months ago i would say. It's pretty common I'm sure to find one child more difficult than another but not good to post it online for the child to see in the future.

I had some thoughts about their financial situation and apparent lack of worry about losing a huge chunk of their income and iv come up with 3 theories:
1. They're fools......it doesn't take a genius to see that their channel has been stagnant for a good while and that views & income have gone down. Also I notice a decrease in sponsored videos.

2. Because they have run into some personal problems (ie: addiction, depression) that is severely limiting their ability to function normally Katies family is helping them out financially to keep them above water while they work through their issues and so they don't have more things to worry about like losing their home, car etc. (this theory is what I think is happening)

3. They are doing something about it that we dont know about, Maybe one of them does have a part time job - maybe its even a work from home or online type thing. I still wouldn't rule out the house going for sale before the year is out. They don't seem to be doing much in the way of decorating, organizing etc and also we never see them get involved in neighborhood activities or talking to neighbors...perhaps they know theyr're not going to be staying.

What Y'all think?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”