C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

They don't take care of their pets, they don't watch their children full time, only Cullen edits, they likely don't film very much anymore, they don't stay on top of things like car registration.... what do these two do all day?
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

irishmiss wrote:We all forget thinks like licenses, tags etc sometimes but they forgot all of those things! Not to mention the kids doc appts are 6 months late. And they are a family where both parents work part time from home. (IMO its part time hours at the most that they do!) It's actually getting concerning now to me about what else might be getting neglected beyond an acceptable level.

Katie made a comment in today's vlog in her chat at the end " I knew I'd probably be the only one vlogging today". To me that sounds like she knew from first thing this morning that Cullen would not be participating in life today which really makes it seem like he might have been up drinking half the night or is having severe depressive episodes. Also both kids went for Granddolly day...is that a first?
Grand Dolly kept both of the kids after a photoshoot at her house last week or two weeks ago. To my knowledge, that was the first time she's kept them both so this would be time #2, I believe.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

irishmiss wrote:We all forget thinks like licenses, tags etc sometimes but they forgot all of those things! Not to mention the kids doc appts are 6 months late. And they are a family where both parents work part time from home. (IMO its part time hours at the most that they do!) It's actually getting concerning now to me about what else might be getting neglected beyond an acceptable level.

Katie made a comment in today's vlog in her chat at the end " I knew I'd probably be the only one vlogging today". To me that sounds like she knew from first thing this morning that Cullen would not be participating in life today which really makes it seem like he might have been up drinking half the night or is having severe depressive episodes. Also both kids went for Granddolly day...is that a first?
The only thing that makes me let them take a slide on the check ups is that she commented that every time they would try, they would be sick and they had to postpone them. And i do remember her talking about how she wanted to do one of their check ups while they were there for a sick visit (she didn't think they really would but she asked anyway) and they told her no. Those kids were sick off and on for WEEEEEEKS this winter. And she said they had one scheduled the day Cullen wound up in the hospital. Forgetting the tags/license/insurance thing is a much bigger "WTF are you doing" to me than the kids check ups... she had a legit excuse for that that makes sense, not just blaming it on moving.

Wonder if Cullen stayed with his mom or Brit again...
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Playsinrain wrote:

The only thing that makes me let them take a slide on the check ups is that she commented that every time they would try, they would be sick and they had to postpone them. And i do remember her talking about how she wanted to do one of their check ups while they were there for a sick visit (she didn't think they really would but she asked anyway) and they told her no. Those kids were sick off and on for WEEEEEEKS this winter. And she said they had one scheduled the day Cullen wound up in the hospital. Forgetting the tags/license/insurance thing is a much bigger "WTF are you doing" to me than the kids check ups... she had a legit excuse for that that makes sense, not just blaming it on moving.

My state tells you you have ten days after moving to update your info. I would imagine the other 49 states have similar policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

My state tells you you have ten days after moving to update your info. I would imagine the other 49 states have similar policies.

And you can do so much of it by mail. In California you can do a lot online, but you don't have to go to the DMV even in Alabama. I don't understand what they do with themselves all day!
I couldn't get over the "Marriage is Hard" in quotes in the title today. Who are they trolling? Sometimes it IS hard, especially when you're clinically depressed.

FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

I am sure a lot of their marital problems comes from money issues. That is what causes the problem or makes the existing problems more stressful. They made the mistake of trying to keep up with the DBs and E&J. They were perfectly fine in the other house. It was definitely big enough and was in a nice area. They could have stayed there or even bought a house that was a little bigger than that. But, they seemed to have rushed to get the huge overpriced house close to her sister. It is way too much house and too much money. They also decided to get a huge SUV that wasn’t needed with two kids. They barely take the dogs with them, so they can’t use that excuse for needing it.

Can you imagine how less stressful their lives would be in the old house with a reasonable second vehicle. I guarantee this is why they don’t travel much (besides their beach house and Tuscaloosa weekends). They simply can’t afford it and honestly they brought this upon themselves.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

You can do most if not all online. But no, they are so busy doing nothing they don’t have time for anything. But hey they are so relatable! I always forget to renew mine and it’s totally ok when you have 2 kids and 2 stay at home parents /sarcasm

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FitMom wrote:I am sure a lot of their marital problems comes from money issues. That is what causes the problem or makes the existing problems more stressful. They made the mistake of trying to keep up with the DBs and E&J. They were perfectly fine in the other house. It was definitely big enough and was in a nice area. They could have stayed there or even bought a house that was a little bigger than that. But, they seemed to have rushed to get the huge overpriced house close to her sister. It is way too much house and too much money. They also decided to get a huge SUV that wasn’t needed with two kids. They barely take the dogs with them, so they can’t use that excuse for needing it.

Can you imagine how less stressful their lives would be in the old house with a reasonable second vehicle. I guarantee this is why they don’t travel much (besides their beach house and Tuscaloosa weekends). They simply can’t afford it and honestly they brought this upon themselves.
Testify! I have said that so many times! Their old house was plenty big enough. And there were plenty of nice houses on the market that weren't $600K. And they definitely didn't need the Suburban. Even with the dogs. It's not just keeping up with E&J and DB. They started talking about house shopping not long after Jay and Kelly moved into theirs. Katie needed to keep up with her sister too. It was a ridiculous move. Cullen has even said that the house and car are big stressors for him-- but he was every bit as excited about that big ass car as Katie was. They had _just_ gotten to 500K subscribers when they moved-- after a long, slow struggle. And their subscribers have not gone up significantly in the past year. They're not big YouTube successes. They're just trying to look like they are.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote:
FitMom wrote:I am sure a lot of their marital problems comes from money issues. That is what causes the problem or makes the existing problems more stressful. They made the mistake of trying to keep up with the DBs and E&J. They were perfectly fine in the other house. It was definitely big enough and was in a nice area. They could have stayed there or even bought a house that was a little bigger than that. But, they seemed to have rushed to get the huge overpriced house close to her sister. It is way too much house and too much money. They also decided to get a huge SUV that wasn’t needed with two kids. They barely take the dogs with them, so they can’t use that excuse for needing it.

Testify! I have said that so many times! Their old house was plenty big enough. And there were plenty of nice houses on the market that weren't $600K. And they definitely didn't need the Suburban. Even with the dogs. It's not just keeping up with E&J and DB. They started talking about house shopping not long after Jay and Kelly moved into theirs. Katie needed to keep up with her sister too. It was a ridiculous move. Cullen has even said that the house and car are big stressors for him-- but he was every bit as excited about that big ass car as Katie was. They had _just_ gotten to 500K subscribers when they moved-- after a long, slow struggle. And their subscribers have not gone up significantly in the past year. They're not big YouTube successes. They're just trying to look like they are.

Yes, they are more invested in *appearing* successful than actually being successful. When you build a foundation on sand, it's going to sink. They could have lived within their means and stayed a two-income household with Katie working part-time and keeping her license active. Then maybe they could have had some peace of mind and stability in their lives. In my mind, it does't matter if you have the fancy house and the fancy car if it's all a lie. They're both cracking under the pressure of keeping up the facade.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

Someone on their comments actually told them maybe it’s time to throw in the towel. Lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MotherNature2 wrote:Someone on their comments actually told them maybe it’s time to throw in the towel. Lol
On vlogging, marriage or both?

MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
MotherNature2 wrote:Someone on their comments actually told them maybe it’s time to throw in the towel. Lol
On vlogging, marriage or both?

Not sure..looked like marriage
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Continue here folks: viewtopic.php?f=233&t=13569
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
amf2224
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amf2224 »

This there a new thread yet? Did I miss it?

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:They don't take care of their pets, they don't watch their children full time, only Cullen edits, they likely don't film very much anymore, they don't stay on top of things like car registration.... what do these two do all day?
twiddle their thumbs ImageImage. Wish someone would sit them down.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”