Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
onbreak wrote:If you Google his info
it says he works. @
Dentsply International Inc

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Anyone have any idea what the name of the company he was laid off from a few years back was? I just wonder if this is new, or if this was the dental company he worked for before.
I’m not sure that he was a software developer then, I thought he did something with reading X-rays or something to that extent. I hope he’s picked up a side hustle.
Dentsply International is now Dentsply Sirona. They merged in 2015. I think this is when Cullen was laid off on account of the merger. I don't believe he's worked there since.
Gotcha. That makes sense.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by onbreak »

Playsinrain wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Anyone have any idea what the name of the company he was laid off from a few years back was? I just wonder if this is new, or if this was the dental company he worked for before.
I’m not sure that he was a software developer then, I thought he did something with reading X-rays or something to that extent. I hope he’s picked up a side hustle.
Dentsply International is now Dentsply Sirona. They merged in 2015. I think this is when Cullen was laid off on account of the merger. I don't believe he's worked there since.
Gotcha. That makes sense.
Ok.. I was hoping that was why he set up the office, to make $$$

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Me too OnBreak. I'm hoping this means he will be doing something more than just vlog work down there. It would make sense that he suddenly decided he needed a real office, with real office rules (since he was talking about the kids learning that if daddy is in the office that means he's working and doesn't need the interruptions.) bc he was actually going to be doing some sort of job on the side.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

Playsinrain wrote:Me too OnBreak. I'm hoping this means he will be doing something more than just vlog work down there. It would make sense that he suddenly decided he needed a real office, with real office rules (since he was talking about the kids learning that if daddy is in the office that means he's working and doesn't need the interruptions.) bc he was actually going to be doing some sort of job on the side.
Is this where the desktop Mac came from? It seems like he would have made a big deal about the purchase in the vlog if he bought it. (Remember the laptop purchase?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I want to comment on the vlog and ask them what in the hell they do all day everyday.

Didn’t they buy the suburban AFTER they moved to the new house?? So how the hell is the registration going to the old house?

No, they bought the Suburban before the move. People were commenting on them taking on more debt while looking to buy a new house, and Cullen wigged out because he couldn't (?) garage it during a big storm. Although he didn't put the trampoline away so it blew over the fence, so I'm not sure if it was that he couldn't garage it or just didn't.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Too late to edit-- totally agree with the idea of asking them what they do all day. Except you'd be crucified by the "Cullen and Katie can do no wrong, if you don't like them don't watch" contingent.
Some people don't get that you can like a vlogger (although I like them a lot less than I used to) and still dislike something that they do.

socks123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by socks123 »

I’m seriously so curious to know what their marital issues are. I have a hard time believing infidelity... money is obviously likely but the fact that Cullen will not vlog is weird to me. And if it is money I wouldn’t just come out and say it. They could even use it as content. Show your budget, couponing, downsizing. Idk I really just don’t get what’s going on with them.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Possible substance abuse and infidelity theories aside, I think they're just sick of each other. Cullen is loud and obnoxious, and Katie is a bossy nag. They've spent every day togther for years now, no hobbies outside the house or friends who aren't family. That can't be good for their marriage.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Possible substance abuse and infidelity theories aside, I think they're just sick of each other. Cullen is loud and obnoxious, and Katie is a bossy nag. They've spent every day togther for years now, no hobbies outside the house or friends who aren't family. That can't be good for their marriage.
I agree, i think they need to spend some time apart. Maybe she and Kelly could take all the girls on a trip to the beach house for a week or so. I think them getting away from each other would be the best thing that could happen to them. They have tried spending more quality time together, but that didn't seem to help much. I think maybe trying the opposite of that might do them a world of good.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

It just feels like there’s no deep deep connection anymore or it’s gotten lost with all the troubles.

I remember that back in the day that was one of the things I admired and enjoyed. In my perspective back then even with how different they are you could tell they cared so much about each other and loved one another.

It’s been forever and a day since I have perceived that. Maybe it was before kids? I truly think their ship is sinking and they can’t patch the holes fast enough before more holes get made.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

beautynoob wrote:It just feels like there’s no deep deep connection anymore or it’s gotten lost with all the troubles.

I remember that back in the day that was one of the things I admired and enjoyed. In my perspective back then even with how different they are you could tell they cared so much about each other and loved one another.

It’s been forever and a day since I have perceived that. Maybe it was before kids? I truly think their ship is sinking and they can’t patch the holes fast enough before more holes get made.

I’ve gone back and watched some of the vlogs to determine when the disconnect happened. It was definitely after Brooks was born and the new house. Even when Gaines was really little and Katie was pregnant with Brooks, they were still getting along well. It seems like Katie’s PPD really took a toll on their relationship.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

beautynoob wrote:It just feels like there’s no deep deep connection anymore or it’s gotten lost with all the troubles.

I think the financial burden Katie has placed on Cullen is majorly hurting them. I don't remember noticing much of a change until the move to the new house.
In no way shape or form do I think Cullen is perfect, but I do fully believe that a lot of the marriage stress is Katie. She wants and expects a life Cullen is struggling to provide, and instead of stepping up and helping financially she does nothing. And worse then nothing I would imagine she makes some pretty hurtful comments about Cullens lack of providing what she thinks she deserves.
When Cullen was in the hospital she couldn't even help edit. If their friend hadn't stepped up they would have been a week without pay because Cullen couldn't edit and Katie refuses to learn. Cullen recently said that he needs the office space downstairs to get away from the kids while he edits, why isn't Katie keeping the kids occupied? What does Katie do all day? She certainly doesn't clean, she isn't working, and not that I think editing takes Cullen all day but at least he's doing that.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

OMG
Id totally watch a vlog with Katie hunting for penny finds at Dollar General

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

onbreak wrote:OMG
Id totally watch a vlog with Katie hunting for penny finds at Dollar General

I doubt Katie has ever stepped foot in a Dollar Store.

BTW, love your Lemonademom avatar... although I truly love Vanessa's vlogs. She's the one YT mom I still actually enjoy watching.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I think the financial burden Katie has placed on Cullen is majorly hurting them. I don't remember noticing much of a change until the move to the new house.
In no way shape or form do I think Cullen is perfect, but I do fully believe that a lot of the marriage stress is Katie. She wants and expects a life Cullen is struggling to provide, and instead of stepping up and helping financially she does nothing. And worse then nothing I would imagine she makes some pretty hurtful comments about Cullens lack of providing what she thinks she deserves.
When Cullen was in the hospital she couldn't even help edit. If their friend hadn't stepped up they would have been a week without pay because Cullen couldn't edit and Katie refuses to learn. Cullen recently said that he needs the office space downstairs to get away from the kids while he edits, why isn't Katie keeping the kids occupied? What does Katie do all day? She certainly doesn't clean, she isn't working, and not that I think editing takes Cullen all day but at least he's doing that.
I agree, and honestly the thing that totally changed the way i feel about Katie was when she failed to keep her professional license up to date. Is she obligated to keep her family a float? Not totally, bc Cullen is more than capable of going out and finding work as well, but as it's been discussed, katie was in a much better position to provide for them in a long term setting than Cullen was. She wants this life but is refusing to help keep up with this life. I'm sure cullen convinced her that they could make it by vlogging full time. and they could have if they didn't have to have this massive home upgrade. (I wasn't a fan of the old house, the layout, lack of "playroom" space and lack of easy to access yard space for the kids. I do think that them moving from that house was a good idea, but NOT into the huge ass house with the huge ass house payment they have now. they could have found something perfect for them for half the cost of what they are in now) I completely think the need for this home was from Katie. Now she just comes off as stubborn and unwilling to bend when it comes to her wants and needs. She refuses to pull her weight financially, by either going back into the workforce with her degree OR even by putting out the occasional content on her channel (updates for Brooks, comparisons with BLW between the two kids, tips on moving with 2 kids, cooking videos, hell even shopping hauls.. fun videos with Gaines.. im not even a vlogger and came up with ideas for 6 videos in 30 seconds..). She has put all this stress on Cullen and it almost gives me the feeling that SHE holds this over his head. "You told me that we could make it just fine with just vlogging, now how are you going to fix this????" is the vibe i get from her. I think she is resenting Cullen bc if HER life choices. The way she acts about his depression is an extension of that. She had PPD, so his depression is nothing compared to that, and even though she admitted he picked up the slack when she was hurting, she refuses to do the same for him. I have seen changes in Cullen since the big fallout, that are positive. He is regularly up with the kids first thing in the morning, taking them to school, getting meals ready for them. I have seen Cullen start pulling his weight more around the house, but Katie still seems to be doing only the bare minimum, especially when it comes to contributing financially. I would love to hear Katie try and explain why she let her license lapse at a time when she needed to put it to good use. That's a lot of wasted time and money. I wonder what she told her parents, or if she has told them, and what they had to say about it.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I want to know how they thought buying a house at that price was financially responsible, and how they convinced a bank to approve a loan that large. It honestly boggles my mind when I think about how much they must be struggling financially. I'm trying to imagine buying a house for that price with what my husband makes in a year with his reliable job. Based on Social Blade, we make more than C&K with a mortgage half of what theirs is. Then add on the new Expedition, golf cart, Katie's shopping sprees, MDO, fish tank hobby, etc. As a SAHM I'm still doing all I can to save $$$ where I can. I can't imagine spending the way they do. No doubt Cullen is stressed.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I'm sure it was Katie who had to have that house because it cost more than her sister's. Seems like every other house in the neighborhood on the market at the time was at least 200K less with recent upgrades and plenty of space for their family. This was her choice. I don't see to be trying to do much about their financial situation. Samika and Britt Null are making their living doing a ton of sponsored ads. I don't see many from Cullen and Katie. I'm sure the deals are out there for them, but are they keeping up with the business side of things? I doubt it. That use to be Katie's role. I bet they're relying on their network to bring the deals to them. If their problems are financial in nature, they can be fixed with their current jobs. They don't have to go find a traditional jobs. They just need to actually work at the job they currently have.

Summer is almost here. Vloggers tend to see a jump in views because their core audience is home from school. They need to be improving their content to attract more viewers so they can ask for more money from their sponsors during the fall when every sponsor is looking for a way to sell their crap for the holiday season. Do they even consider these things?
taracuda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by taracuda »

Playsinrain wrote:

I agree, and honestly the thing that totally changed the way i feel about Katie was when she failed to keep her professional license up to date. Is she obligated to keep her family a float? Not totally, bc Cullen is more than capable of going out and finding work as well, but as it's been discussed, katie was in a much better position to provide for them in a long term setting than Cullen was. She wants this life but is refusing to help keep up with this life. I'm sure cullen convinced her that they could make it by vlogging full time. and they could have if they didn't have to have this massive home upgrade. (I wasn't a fan of the old house, the layout, lack of "playroom" space and lack of easy to access yard space for the kids. I do think that them moving from that house was a good idea, but NOT into the huge ass house with the huge ass house payment they have now. they could have found something perfect for them for half the cost of what they are in now) I completely think the need for this home was from Katie. Now she just comes off as stubborn and unwilling to bend when it comes to her wants and needs. She refuses to pull her weight financially, by either going back into the workforce with her degree OR even by putting out the occasional content on her channel (updates for Brooks, comparisons with BLW between the two kids, tips on moving with 2 kids, cooking videos, hell even shopping hauls.. fun videos with Gaines.. im not even a vlogger and came up with ideas for 6 videos in 30 seconds..). She has put all this stress on Cullen and it almost gives me the feeling that SHE holds this over his head. "You told me that we could make it just fine with just vlogging, now how are you going to fix this????" is the vibe i get from her. I think she is resenting Cullen bc if HER life choices. The way she acts about his depression is an extension of that. She had PPD, so his depression is nothing compared to that, and even though she admitted he picked up the slack when she was hurting, she refuses to do the same for him. I have seen changes in Cullen since the big fallout, that are positive. He is regularly up with the kids first thing in the morning, taking them to school, getting meals ready for them. I have seen Cullen start pulling his weight more around the house, but Katie still seems to be doing only the bare minimum, especially when it comes to contributing financially. I would love to hear Katie try and explain why she let her license lapse at a time when she needed to put it to good use. That's a lot of wasted time and money. I wonder what she told her parents, or if she has told them, and what they had to say about it.
I'm sure her license lapsed because THEY MOVED. :lol:
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201805 ... 2fc72f.jpg[/img]

The ends of her hair look worse than ever. Image

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

auntasaurus19 wrote:[img]hg[/img]

The ends of her hair look worse than ever. Image

What is it gonig to take for her to lay off the bleach????? I noticed she has let her roots go a bit longer this time, and i HOPE that means she's giving her hair a break. but im sure they will be right back bottle blonde in a couple days.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”