E+J: Delete, Deny, Defraud (Part #37)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: Delete, Deny, Defraud (Part #37)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

onbreak wrote:I think all kids should have a swing set. Mine didn't because we have playgrounds everywhere.
If their parents are going to be locked in the bedroom and the office all day better in the long run.
Hope it automatically sprays sunblock, so no kids pre melanoma vlogs to sit through

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
With a swingset like that and two small children on it, E&J both better not be locked away inside! Then again, with such a large swingset I guess at least all the neighbours can see the boys.

If I were the neighbours I would be constantly annoyed by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

onbreak wrote:I think all kids should have a swing set. Mine didn't because we have playgrounds everywhere.
If their parents are going to be locked in the bedroom and the office all day better in the long run.
Hope it automatically sprays sunblock, so no kids pre melanoma vlogs to sit through

They do need a swing set, but i would be terrified to let my kids play on that one unsupervised in THAT yard. (and we know thats the plan, give them something else to occupy them unsupervised) It's HUGE, and what do kids love to do on swings that big? swing high and fast and jump from the seats. With that thing being as big as it is, i can see Jackson splattering himself on the jagged rocks before the summer is over. They don't need a swing set that huge, but it was likely $1500+ from what i can see online, so i completely understand why Ellie bought it. LOL
What about that little hidey hole they had put in for the kids? Are they ever going to finish that thing or will they just have a sewer pipe sticking out of the ground for the rest of the time they live there? they could make that thing a super cute hangout for the boys.. it just looks bad unfinished like it is.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

With a swingset like that and two small children on it, E&J both better not be locked away inside! Then again, with such a large swingset I guess at least all the neighbours can see the boys.

If I were the neighbours I would be constantly annoyed by them.
Swinging away right on top of that rock pile and flying off backwards into that black iron fence. Facepalm..it never ends

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: Delete, Deny, Defraud (Part #37)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:

They do need a swing set, but i would be terrified to let my kids play on that one unsupervised in THAT yard. (and we know thats the plan, give them something else to occupy them unsupervised) It's HUGE, and what do kids love to do on swings that big? swing high and fast and jump from the seats. With that thing being as big as it is, i can see Jackson splattering himself on the jagged rocks before the summer is over. They don't need a swing set that huge, but it was likely $1500+ from what i can see online, so i completely understand why Ellie bought it. LOL
What about that little hidey hole they had put in for the kids? Are they ever going to finish that thing or will they just have a sewer pipe sticking out of the ground for the rest of the time they live there? they could make that thing a super cute hangout for the boys.. it just looks bad unfinished like it is.
Jumping off was exactly my first thought as well. It's going to happen, even if they tell them never to try it.

But who are we kidding, Jared is probably going to be the one to show them how to do it!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Jumping off was exactly my first thought as well. It's going to happen, even if they tell them never to try it.

But who are we kidding, Jared is probably going to be the one to show them how to do it!

It wouldnt be so scary if it was a normal backyard sized swing set, but that thing is the size of the ones at my kids school!! They don't need something like that. Jared will teach them how to jump off of it, either that or one of the older cousins. It's what kids do.
I wonder if homeowners insurance has bylaws about things like that, kinda like they do with swimming pools??
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Jared will break his hip replacements.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Google tells me this... "The legal doctrine called attractive nuisance holds property owners responsible for injuries to children trespassing on their property if the injury is caused by a hazardous object or condition likely to entice children who don’t appreciate the risk involved." but it also states that you have to have the yard fenced, which they do have, and that the gate should be self locking so kids can't just come and go as they please. I assume it varies from plan to plan, but just the sheer size of that thing makes me wonder if they aren't violating some term of their insurance.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MotherNature2 wrote:Jared will break his hip replacements.
Ive always wondered this, why did Jared need hip replacements? Something congenital? He talks about track often... injury? Just something i have always wondered since they talk about it pretty often. Wonder if it's something they need to worry about with the boys..
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

The swing set needs backrests and a baby seat if they want to take "3" on it. The kids dont have the control , they could so easily fall off the back if they go too high
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Playsinrain wrote:
Ive always wondered this, why did Jared need hip replacements? Something congenital? He talks about track often... injury? Just something i have always wondered since they talk about it pretty often. Wonder if it's something they need to worry about with the boys..
I always thought gymnastics had a part of it

lindsallday
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lindsallday »

OK I have always known Jared tried so hard to be like Shay Butler from the Shaytards. When E+J started their channel, it was so obvious and they would mooch off of meet and greets and comment sections. Not to mention Jared’s over the top personality on-camera. But the SWINGSET! Shay is the only person I know who has a swingset like that. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes when I saw it. Ridiculous.

Anyone else think the placement is awful????

If I was a neighbor I’d be so pissed. I feel like that is an eyesore structure and it definitely impedes upon the other properties. I would be surprised if no one calls the local zoning office about it.

captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

They always have to have to biggest and best thing out there — no matter what it is.

That swing set is obnoxious and so not needed.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Swings....thats it? No slides? No monkey bars? No club house? No fire pole? Just swings....they have some really cool backyard playgrounds even at Walmart for a few hundred dollars!! Anyone with google skills know how much this three swings for giant people cost?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: They do need a swing set, but i would be terrified to let my kids play on that one unsupervised in THAT yard. (and we know thats the plan, give them something else to occupy them unsupervised) It's HUGE, and what do kids love to do on swings that big? swing high and fast and jump from the seats. With that thing being as big as it is, i can see Jackson splattering himself on the jagged rocks before the summer is over. They don't need a swing set that huge, but it was likely $1500+ from what i can see online, so i completely understand why Ellie bought it. LOL

It wouldnt be so scary if it was a normal backyard sized swing set, but that thing is the size of the ones at my kids school!! They don't need something like that. Jared will teach them how to jump off of it, either that or one of the older cousins. It's what kids do.
I wonder if homeowners insurance has bylaws about things like that, kinda like they do with swimming pools??
I was wondering the SAME thing! el

MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Kaylor1 wrote:Swings....thats it? No slides? No monkey bars? No club house? No fire pole? Just swings....they have some really cool backyard playgrounds even at Walmart for a few hundred dollars!! Anyone with google skills know how much this three swings for giant people cost?

I found a 12 foot tripod two seater and it was around 1700 bucks. Theirs has 3 seats...so I’m thinking closer to 2000 bucks. It’s ludicrous the money they throw around
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kaylor1 wrote:Swings....thats it? No slides? No monkey bars? No club house? No fire pole? Just swings....they have some really cool backyard playgrounds even at Walmart for a few hundred dollars!! Anyone with google skills know how much this three swings for giant people cost?

I thought the same thing at first about it being just swings, Bc like you said you can get much cooler playsets for much cheaper, but.. they already have the giant dangerous slide, the sewer hideout and the weird airplane teeter totter. So a big playset with all those things would kinda be over kill as well. (But I still think it would a better use if the $$ And would look nicer) I can’t find the exact one that they have, all the ones that size only have 2 swings, not 3.. but even the 2 swing, 12 foot metal swing sets that I see are between $1500 and $1700. I’m just confused as for what asthetic they are going for in this backyard. Right now it looks like a combo of a mini golf course and a daycare.... the industrial sized swing set really sets off that daycare/primary school look. Lol
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Not that they would worry if there IS/WAS cause to merit the worry!!!!!
Calvin's neck, Calvin stops breathing 2x & Jackson fainted once the same time as cal's 1st episode.....no 911, no driving the boys to ER themselves, no early intervention on cal's speech, etc. etc.....I can see Ellie's family brushing things off because they're in complete denial that their baby Ellie could be wrong......but jared's family, especially his parents, I cannot see them NOT pulling him aside alone & saying something to him.
I think if my husband & I are grandparents & see some things that a doctor should look at & we just happen to be watching our grandchildren while the parents r gone for a weekend, I would take him in & then tell the parents after...! Even if my daughter stopped speaking to me because she was angry I did it, at least there would be a chance to help the child have a chance at an average childhood/life!Image
candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

Pro-life hack for you Jared: Assemble some rotators on top of those big ass metal swing bars and harness wind energy. #cleanenergy #nocarbonfootprint :roll: :lol:
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

The swing set is way too big for that yard. The kids would have been much more entertained if it was smaller, had a slide, and a club house. They will be bored in no time with just swings. Sad to say, but I see someone getting hurt, Cody, Boston and Jackson are daredevils. Of course all Ellie can dream about is swinging with baby #3. Of course they had to “scream” with excitement! Ugh! Ellie has to be proud that she outdid Bonnie and Joel’s swingset. I think Bonnie’s is much more functional for the kids. Now Ellie can send the kids outside while she rests in bed because shes pregnant. Jackson can take from here. (Sarcasm).
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Playsinrain wrote:

I thought the same thing at first about it being just swings, Bc like you said you can get much cooler playsets for much cheaper, but.. they already have the giant dangerous slide, the sewer hideout and the weird airplane teeter totter. So a big playset with all those things would kinda be over kill as well. (But I still think it would a better use if the $$ And would look nicer) I can’t find the exact one that they have, all the ones that size only have 2 swings, not 3.. but even the 2 swing, 12 foot metal swing sets that I see are between $1500 and $1700. I’m just confused as for what asthetic they are going for in this backyard. Right now it looks like a combo of a mini golf course and a daycare.... the industrial sized swing set really sets off that daycare/primary school look. Lol

It's like they're playing a game of SIMS, weird backyard decor and the same stuff used in schools, theres even a plane you can put in your garden. no monkey bars, climbing wall, bridge? In the real world you cant just motherlode everything ellie!!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”