hellomydolly
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by hellomydolly »

candy10229 wrote:
hellomydolly wrote:Does anyone have the image of the phone case chipping? I can't find it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
yeah, here's a screenshot of it
Wow! That's just awful. It won't be too long before more and more complaints come in about the quality.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Her last sentence, “According to all your AMAZING feedback, we made the right choice” legitimately just sounds like she’s fucking with us. She also didn’t credit where she got that photo, it’s clearly not theirs. Sounds like it would be from a fair trade shop but they wouldn’t know fair trade if it bit them in the ass. Now that I think about it, their view of other cultures and China in general is probably so warped that they probably think that’s just “what they do” over there. They don’t consider the humanness of other people if they’re not like them. “It’s not a sweatshop, that’s how all clothes are made over there!” is something I can imagine them saying. They don’t have the depth or the empathy to consider what others deserve. They see them as a resource and not as people. Ellie’s precious bath tub is deeper than the two of them combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aussiegal2017
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aussiegal2017 »

120 dollars for a plastic box is not just slightly over priced

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

littlebaby wrote:Her last sentence, “According to all your AMAZING feedback, we made the right choice” legitimately just sounds like she’s fucking with us. She also didn’t credit where she got that photo, it’s clearly not theirs. Sounds like it would be from a fair trade shop but they wouldn’t know fair trade if it bit them in the ass. Now that I think about it, their view of other cultures and China in general is probably so warped that they probably think that’s just “what they do” over there. They don’t consider the humanness of other people if they’re not like them. “It’s not a sweatshop, that’s how all clothes are made over there!” is something I can imagine them saying. They don’t have the depth or the empathy to consider what others deserve. They see them as a resource and not as people. Ellie’s precious bath tub is deeper than the two of them combined.

Wow. That's really insightful. I thin you hit the nail right on the head. It's not a sweatshop-- it's just how they do things "over there". I can just see them thinking that with their limited world view. What cracks me up still is that silly picture of Ellie at some market, and in her caption she says she's going home a changed person. Nope. That would require some self examination. And Ellie thinks she's perfect, so self examination is unnecessary.

YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

I must be a bad mom. I just purchased all of my kids summer clothing from a REsale shop — all under $35.

Fortunately, all the stitching is intact, none of the clothes are translucent, and I won’t have to make any moderations.

So...
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

As a person whose entire makeup "collection" fits in a zipper bag I carry around inside my purse, I realize that I am not the target demographic for that plastic case. Obviously I knew that the Bollie case was outrageously expensive because I am a little smarter than the average Griffiths, but having never been in the market for something like that before, I had no idea how many VERY affordable alternatives are available on Amazon, with free shipping. This is blowing my mind. (Also - I learned that Caboodles are still a thing!)

I'm also thinking back to Ruby's house tour, where she says that if her 6 kids combined had more than 6 square compartments of toys, that meant they had TOO many toys and needed to throw some away. She said the same about her own cosmetics/hair stuff, and that organizer was definitely smaller than the Bollie case. Now Ruby is definitely an odd duck, but this is how Bonnie & Ellie were raised to think as well. I wonder what Jennifer really thinks about the case and all of the "things" her daughters buy.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

They seem to desperately want to get rid of their inventory. The robe is now on sale for 45 dollars until midnight. Even I was slightly tempted to buy it at this price. (I would not because the shipping is expensive and have no need for a robe)
I’m sure their loyal viewers would have appreciated this price. Oh well.

Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Not sure whether it has been mentioned much but has anyone noticed that Ellie’s channel is now for Bollie? She hasn’t changed the name yet but the pictures and banners all over the channel have Bollie written on them and the about section is the same as their Bollie website. They must have known that they wouldn’t have gotten that many subscribers if they’d started the channel from scratch. Makes sense as to why all of Ellie’s TMI pregnancy updates have been uploaded to their main channel!

hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

Bundy wrote:Not sure whether it has been mentioned much but has anyone noticed that Ellie’s channel is now for Bollie? She hasn’t changed the name yet but the pictures and banners all over the channel have Bollie written on them and the about section is the same as their Bollie website. They must have known that they wouldn’t have gotten that many subscribers if they’d started the channel from scratch. Makes sense as to why all of Ellie’s TMI pregnancy updates have been uploaded to their main channel!

I didn't notice but it makes sense. Maybe they'll "launch" the channel with the cozzie cover up?

megtanner35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megtanner35 »

Wow looks like people actually bought those grandma looking robes these are what are left beginning April they were all 150+

large 45
med 113
small 78

can't imagine buying such an ugly robe
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

Bundy wrote:Not sure whether it has been mentioned much but has anyone noticed that Ellie’s channel is now for Bollie? She hasn’t changed the name yet but the pictures and banners all over the channel have Bollie written on them and the about section is the same as their Bollie website. They must have known that they wouldn’t have gotten that many subscribers if they’d started the channel from scratch. Makes sense as to why all of Ellie’s TMI pregnancy updates have been uploaded to their main channel!

I noticed and connected the dots when they released the launch video and Ellie had been posting all her personal stuff on the vlogging channel. Which annoys be terribly.

1) It’s Bollie video’s under Ellie’s name.

2) Instead of creating a new channel, they hijacked Ellie’s to keep the subscriber account for more exposure. They just never announced it and never changed the name.

3) Ellie posting her personal stuff on the vlog channel annoys me because it’s so disorganized. Lol
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

You guys, I just bought a robe. Not THE robe. It’s super cute, light weight for summer, falls just at my knee (I’m 5’7), has elbow length sleeves, cute lace trim, and is grey and white striped. Much cuter then THE robe, and it cost me $19. From Walmart, so very likely the same quality as THE robe.
Why they claim their robe is so special is beyond me, literally a robe the same style, cuter material, and affordable is available at your local Walmart. No shipping charge either!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:You guys, I just bought a robe. Not THE robe. It’s super cute, light weight for summer, falls just at my knee (I’m 5’7), has elbow length sleeves, cute lace trim, and is grey and white striped. Much cuter then THE robe, and it cost me $19. From Walmart, so very likely the same quality as THE robe.
Why they claim their robe is so special is beyond me, literally a robe the same style, cuter material, and affordable is available at your local Walmart. No shipping charge either!
That sounds really cute and a price point I would enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:You guys, I just bought a robe. Not THE robe. It’s super cute, light weight for summer, falls just at my knee (I’m 5’7), has elbow length sleeves, cute lace trim, and is grey and white striped. Much cuter then THE robe, and it cost me $19. From Walmart, so very likely the same quality as THE robe.
You just don't know quality pieces when you see pictures of them on the internet. And you're not their target audience anyway, Bollie customers can afford nice things! :-D
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Bummer, no love note from utah

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
candy10229
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by candy10229 »

WOW, someone actually bought the stupid $100 makeup case to store playdoh and markers.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Anohter glowing review from yesterday posted on trust pilot.................. :D :D :D

would give this company zero stars if…
I would give this company zero stars if I could. I'm quite tall, 5' 7" so the robe is about 4 inches above my knee, so unless you are 5' 1" or shorter these robes will not fit you. Also the dress has these really weird squared off shoulders that are not flattering at all. I guess they thought the shoulder pad look was in style? Definitely not worth the money, they're selling polyester at silk prices! I would send it all back if I could, do not buy anything from this company.
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

I just read this article about Trixin launch and it’s so similar to the clusterfück of Bollie.

https://superfame.com/post/trixin-disas ... cusations/

Also, I wonder if Bollie is intentionally similar to Billie- Casey neistat’s wife clothing company
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:Anohter glowing review from yesterday posted on trust pilot.................. :D :D :D

would give this company zero stars if…
I would give this company zero stars if I could. I'm quite tall, 5' 7" so the robe is about 4 inches above my knee, so unless you are 5' 1" or shorter these robes will not fit you. Also the dress has these really weird squared off shoulders that are not flattering at all. I guess they thought the shoulder pad look was in style? Definitely not worth the money, they're selling polyester at silk prices! I would send it all back if I could, do not buy anything from this company.
I always forget how short these Mechams/Holliens/Griffiths are. For some reason Bonnie always seems tall to me. Also, 5’7” isn’t even really “quite tall.” I’m 5’8”, my mom is 5’10 and my good friend is 5’11”. I’d bet large sums of money that robe wouldn’t come close to covering my behind (I can’t wear anything much shorter than 5” shorts.)
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

ANOTHER sale on the ugly robe! “Due to the overwhelming response” to their previous sale... major eye roll. This is, what, their 3rd sale on this robe since the launch? And they still haven’t sold out??

Just checked stock on the website and the current levels of the robe stand at;

Small - 63
Medium - 81
Large - 18

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! And apparently they will not be making “this exact robe” again - are they suggesting there will be another type? A different colour? A completely different design? Would queen Ellie admit that her design was flawed??

Tune in next week on How long will this disaster last? Image

Return to “Ellie and Jared”