C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by Playsinrain »

MotherNature2 wrote:I think it is a lot about Brittany. With her drug past and jail time... Katie and her family are not pleased. It’s The Other Side of TheTracks situation going on. They all act like the line has been drawn in the sand. You’re trash and we’re not so..buh bye now. It’s teally weird now.
If that’s the truth then that’s super shitty behavior for Katie and her family. Britney may have a shady past but from the looks of it she’s trying to get her life together. Katie and her family should be trying to help her in any way possible, not distance themselves from Grandberry and that WHOLE side of the family. I would hope Dolly was classy enough to help and love people instead of look down on them for their past. Katie just needs to get over herself. Also Berry and the kids should not be punished for Brittany’s past transgressions, keeping those kids from Berry Bc of that reason would be completely out of line. You can tell Cullen and Britney were super close before her shit hit the fan. I think it’s good for both of them to have that relationship. As long as it’s a healthy relationship and they aren’t feeding off each other’s bad habit (past or present) then Katie needs to support that. Also Cullen has admitted he doesn’t call his mom enough. So there is some of this distance that is his fault. I also assume Berry is focusing a lot on her new life and her man’s family, which isn’t completely a bad thing, but I’m sure this could possibly be a “roads run both ways” kinda issue. I like Berry a lot and I wish she was still in the vlogs like she used to be...
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

It seems like their marriage problems really started to spiral out of control when Brittany came home. I think it’s difficult for Katie to control Cullen with Brittany in the picture. He doesn’t really have friends that weren’t her friends first. Grandberry was the only family he was seeing regularly and she keeps a healthy distance. Brittany gives him somewhere to run when they’re fighting. I doubt she holds her tongue if Cullen discusses their problems with her. Cullen has someone else in his corner and I bet Katie can’t stand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mandiepantz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mandiepantz »

Why wasn’t Cullen at Grandberry’s house with Katie and the kids? It’s his mom!

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I don’t think they have issues with Brittany per se because Katie wouldn’t leave the kids alone with her.

Is the issue with Cullen and Brittany? Possibly.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I don’t see Dolly acting like that. She’s too classy for that. I bet it’s mostly Katie making it difficult for Berry. She probably tells Cullen that all the holidays are tradition in her family, so the HAVE to go to Dolly’s. It’s probably really awkward for Berry to feel like an outsider spending time with Katie’s whole family all the time, so she passes on Dolly’s invites, especially now that Brittany is out of prison.

Katie doesn’t realize that once you get married, you need to split your time, especially around the holidays, between your family and your in-laws. Cullen just doesn’t put in the effort to call his mom and set aside time for her, so Katie is in charge and chooses her family over Cullen’s.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rdt1004 wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Father of the year.
And "gun show"? No, Cullen, your arms are not impressive (to me anyway-- I know he makes some ladies here hot and bothered). Sorry. Unless he's talking about an _actual_ gun show, which I hope he wasn't. The last thing he needs is to go spend money on guns.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yeah, there’s nothing to brag about there. Just some flabby arms flexing as hard as he can to show what little muscle tone he has left from high school.

Brooks looks terrified out of his mind. Great parenting.
That was my other point-- hence "Father of the year". Holding your wiggly kid upside down by his ankle and scaring him is just hilarious. And _really_ safe. (Sarcasm)

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I can see Dolly and Jim not exactly wanting Brittany at holiday gatherings. She is loud and crude. Berry is classy and seems to know how to behave. Not so much for Brittany. I bet that causes tension. She isn’t not invited but it’s better if she and her loud husband don’t come. Does that make any sense?
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

auntasaurus19 wrote:Good God! Brooks is a holy terror. I can’t take the whining and then ripping the blinds around at Grandberry’s new house. What a little shit. Yesterday he was throwing those Play-doh pieces and then looking at Katie for a reaction and she laughed! I can only imagine how his teachers at school feel about him and his clueless parents.

So Katie went to Kelley’s but it was weird. Anyone else notice that? I kinda got the sense that Gaines was asking to see her cousins so they went over. Katie and Kelley really didn’t interact or talk in the vlog at all.

I definitely noticed some tension between Katie and Grandberry. Grandberry sure does love those kids. I feel bad for her.

I've always noticed in the past how reserved Katie was around Grandberry. There is no doubt that she is polite but uninterested in her mother-in-law although Grandberry has always seemed very enthusiastic and loving to everyone. I think part of it beside the usual mother-in-law scenarios is that Katie is snobby and feels her family are from a higher class and sort of tolerates Grandberry but seems to look down on her (except when she uses her to babysit!). That snobbishness is also part of the reason they purchased that $600,000 home!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:I don’t see Dolly acting like that. She’s too classy for that. I bet it’s mostly Katie making it difficult for Berry. She probably tells Cullen that all the holidays are tradition in her family, so the HAVE to go to Dolly’s. It’s probably really awkward for Berry to feel like an outsider spending time with Katie’s whole family all the time, so she passes on Dolly’s invites, especially now that Brittany is out of prison.

Katie doesn’t realize that once you get married, you need to split your time, especially around the holidays, between your family and your in-laws. Cullen just doesn’t put in the effort to call his mom and set aside time for her, so Katie is in charge and chooses her family over Cullen’s.

It’s such a weird thing but I think you hit it spot on.
I don’t think Dolly would act that way either, which makes me think this is more of a Katie/Cullen issue than her family...
Cullen’s family seems distanced from each other and it seems that distance has grown since his dad passed. Katie has this huge extended family that come together for every occasion. And that’s great, don’t get me wrong, but she and Cullen both need to make time for HIS family as well. I would feel awkward at Dolly’s gatherings if I was Berry as well. Not that I think Dolly would be anything but warm and welcoming to Berry, but it gets awkward when you Feel like the odd man out.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I don’t think they have issues with Brittany per se because Katie wouldn’t leave the kids alone with her.

That's what I was thinking. Brittany was keeping the kids for Katie. If she had an issue with Brittany's past, she wouldn't have left the kids with her.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I don’t think they have issues with Brittany per se because Katie wouldn’t leave the kids alone with her.

That's what I was thinking. Brittany was keeping the kids for Katie. If she had an issue with Brittany's past, she wouldn't have left the kids with her.

This is my whole thing. I have a sister-in-law, we do not see eye to eye and I would never in 1 million years leave my kids alone with her. I don’t think Katie has any issues with Brittany. Also, if there was an issue I honestly think that GranDolly would give Katie shit about leaving the kids with her.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:I can see Dolly and Jim not exactly wanting Brittany at holiday gatherings. She is loud and crude. Berry is classy and seems to know how to behave. Not so much for Brittany. I bet that causes tension. She isn’t not invited but it’s better if she and her loud husband don’t come. Does that make any sense?
I think every family has those types of relatives, but it doesn’t make it right to exclude them (formally, as in no invite, or informally, like you said..). but I also don’t think it’s intentional...
I kinda think the same way about Cullen and his mother as well. Dolly and Jim seem much more stuffy, old school and formal, where as Berry and her whole family seem like the less formal, loud jokesters from across the street.... everything with Dolly and Jim seems like a formal affair, from Christmas dinner to Sunday after church lunch.... place setting and center pieces and kids tables... Where as Cullen’s family has much more laid back gatherings. ...burgers on the grill, paper plates and eating where you stand... both are great types of social events, but I have a feeling his entire family feels out of place when they are at Dolly’s.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

This is my whole thing. I have a sister-in-law, we do not see eye to eye and I would never in 1 million years leave my kids alone with her. I don’t think Katie has any issues with Brittany. Also, if there was an issue I honestly think that GranDolly would give Katie shit about leaving the kids with her.
Maybe Katie only has a problem with Cullen and Britteny being together. I wonder if she’s jealous that Cullen has his best friend back??
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I can see Dolly and Jim not exactly wanting Brittany at holiday gatherings. She is loud and crude. Berry is classy and seems to know how to behave. Not so much for Brittany. I bet that causes tension. She isn’t not invited but it’s better if she and her loud husband don’t come. Does that make any sense?
Definitely makes sense. And Cullen gets louder and more obnoxious around them. Berry is a class act. I wouldn't want their drunk loud behavior at my family gathering. The instastories from Christmas made them look like they haven't matured at all since college. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with getting buzzed in your home with your family.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:Good God! Brooks is a holy terror. I can’t take the whining and then ripping the blinds around at Grandberry’s new house. What a little shit. Yesterday he was throwing those Play-doh pieces and then looking at Katie for a reaction and she laughed! I can only imagine how his teachers at school feel about him and his clueless parents.

So Katie went to Kelley’s but it was weird. Anyone else notice that? I kinda got the sense that Gaines was asking to see her cousins so they went over. Katie and Kelley really didn’t interact or talk in the vlog at all.

I definitely noticed some tension between Katie and Grandberry. Grandberry sure does love those kids. I feel bad for her.

I've always noticed in the past how reserved Katie was around Grandberry. There is no doubt that she is polite but uninterested in her mother-in-law although Grandberry has always seemed very enthusiastic and loving to everyone. I think part of it beside the usual mother-in-law scenarios is that Katie is snobby and feels her family are from a higher class and sort of tolerates Grandberry but seems to look down on her (except when she uses her to babysit!). That snobbishness is also part of the reason they purchased that $600,000 home!
agreed. And honestly, I would love to have Grandberry as a MIL.. not that there is anything at all wrong with Dolly.... Katie needs to be thankful she has so many people who love her kids.
amandagrace
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amandagrace »

askeptichere wrote:I don’t see Dolly acting like that. She’s too classy for that. I bet it’s mostly Katie making it difficult for Berry. She probably tells Cullen that all the holidays are tradition in her family, so the HAVE to go to Dolly’s. It’s probably really awkward for Berry to feel like an outsider spending time with Katie’s whole family all the time, so she passes on Dolly’s invites, especially now that Brittany is out of prison.

Brittany was in prison?!! I never even knew that. I’m new around here though. What charges did she catch?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

amandagrace wrote:

Brittany was in prison?!! I never even knew that. I’m new around here though. What charges did she catch?

She was selling drugs through the mail.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think Katie is just one of those people who is going to insist on always getting her way. She wants to spend the holidays around her family, and Cullen’s family is an afterthought. Cullen wants to appease his wife and does not want to rock the boat, so he goes along with it. I thought it was interesting in his strange teary “confessional” on camera a few weeks back that he talked about being a son that does not call his mom enough.

While I have a cordial relationship with my in-laws, we are not particularly close. I feel like I have made the effort, but they’re not very warm or friendly people and sometimes my mother-in-law in particular says things that I find insensitive to myself or others. They are still my husband’s parents and I make the effort to see them on holidays and birthdays and the occasional family dinner. And my husband still calls his parents, visits with them, helps them, and has dinner with them on a regular basis. I think that’s good, I just lost interest in forging that relationship myself after so many years of effort. It’s possible to not like your in-laws and to still allow your husband to have a relationship with his family. I don’t think this necessarily applies to their situation though, because Cullen’s mom seems very warm and friendly. It’s possible she’s been involved in their marital issues and has tried to give advice that did not go over well. I know that some people feel that their in-laws are overly involved in their personal decisions and offer unsolicited advice.

I don’t think Katie has an issue per se with Brittany’s past, like another poster said I think she has an issue with Cullen having an ally and someone in his corner, and a like-minded friend that perhaps brings out his more immature qualities.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

It seems to me that Berry probably went to Jim and Dolly’s for holidays in the past since Annie lived away which left only Cullen. It wouldn’t make sense for Berry to cook a big Christmas dinner for just herself and it would be inconvenient to make C&K go two different places on the holidays for just her. I can see Berry going to Jim and Dolly’s on holidays for the convenience. Since Brittany is out of prison and married, Berry has a whole family to cook for. I can’t imagine Jim and Dolly being snobby about Brittany either but I can DEFINITELY see Brittany saying, “Jim and Dolly are too formal/stuffy - let’s just get together at mom’s house.”

Whoever said it’s harder for Katie to control Cullen now that Brittany is around - I think you’re dead on. In the past, it didn’t matter how petty Katie’s complaint or demand was, Cullen probably just did what Katie said so as not to start an argument. Now Katie has more eyes on her and I’m sure Cullen talks to his sister about their issues and I’m sure Brittany talks to Berry. Brittany and Berry both know what a controlling petty bitch Katie is now. (i.e. the Brittany Spears shirt) The tension is obvious.

I give them two more months, tops. They are spiraling fast at this point. Also, saw Cullen sat up until at least past 2am last night. So I’m sure that didn’t go over well.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201805 ... 8f06bf.jpg[/img]

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Well I just dunno what to think anymore about C&K! My initial thoughts about a week ago were that Cullen possibly has a job now outside of youtube because we are barely seeing him and the vlogs being posted late is every single day...but I'm having doubts now. Its obvious as hell that they are not currently speaking and this may be longest fight we have witnessed yet. It also appears Katie's family are not rushing to help her either so something up there maybe? Did anyone else think Cullen doesn't look well in the picture on instagram holding Brook's upside down? He looks slimmer (in a bad way) and just not right.

Anyway they have to address the elephant in the room soon because the vlogs are not a reflection on reality at all. They are purely just like any other fictional show at the moment. Family vlogging is supposed to be about documenting the everyday joys & struggles of life and while they don't have to share everything with us sharing nothing is not part of the deal either. They signed up to put to their lives in front of the camera everyday so either be honest or get off youtube if you don't wanna share. I wont be sticking around to watch much longer if they continue to insult the intelligence of the people who keep a roof over their heads. Rant over!!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”