Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by ba1006 »

She acts so high and mighty now. She sits down and her kids surround her just like they're told to do. I remember when she acted like a normal typical mom but now she acts like she is better than everyone else. If you read the comments on her channel, all the minions praise her for her mom skills and her beautiful looks. Unfortunately, she really believes it. On a side note, Joel is acting more like Jared everyday. I really like him a year ago but now he acts like a fool most of the time. Mugging up to the camera and telling lame jokes. It's really sad what these 2 have become. Are we really supposed to believe she turns down any paid sponsorships? I don't think so. Greed has taken over this one-time normal family.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sheltiefan »

ba1006 wrote:She acts so high and mighty now. She sits down and her kids surround her just like they're told to do. I remember when she acted like a normal typical mom but now she acts like she is better than everyone else. If you read the comments on her channel, all the minions praise her for her mom skills and her beautiful looks. Unfortunately, she really believes it. On a side note, Joel is acting more like Jared everyday. I really like him a year ago but now he acts like a fool most of the time. Mugging up to the camera and telling lame jokes. It's really sad what these 2 have become. Are we really supposed to believe she turns down any paid sponsorship's? I don't think so. Greed has taken over this one-time normal family.

Boy I agree on both points, especially Joel!!!! That was what I liked at first about their channel, but wow in today's vlog I was like we have a Jared Jr!
NotSusan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotSusan »

OMG I can’t with today’s vlog. The intro was an invite to a Billie warehouse sale and then it went to Bonnie laying on Joel’s chest with her telling him to treat her like the princess that she is and him running his fingers through her rats nest she calls hair. I nearly threw up in my mouth. It’s almost like you could hear his hands getting stuck in the crusty “curls.” I had to hit stop at 33 seconds in. So not sure what happened in the rest of the video. I’ll have to stay tuned for the rest of your comments.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Bonnie, actually all the Griffiths girls, believe they are some kind of special, entitled, so beautiful, and deserve to be treated differently from all other women, because they are better. Bonnie thinks that sponsors should not give her directions on how to show the products, but give her free range. She honestly believes she’s a big time YouTube Star and deserves big money. She gets put off if she’s not in complete control with sponsors and her family. Bonnie is getting bitchier by the day!
ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

Ok so I stomached through the vlog. I too, wanted to throw up within 33 seconds of the video from Bonnie acting like she’s the greatest woman to ever live and Joel trying to run his fingers through her fried hair.

On the topic of the Griffiths stench. Joel made a comment in the first minute about Bonnie’s breath and Bonnie told him it smells like roses, and butts, calling it rose butt breath. And then she proceeded to laugh about it like it’s cute. Then on Mother’s Day morning (because this blog was split between Saturday and Sunday), when all the kids pile into the bed to give Bonnie her Mother’s Day gifts, Olivia said “what’s stinks.” Bonnie laughed like it was cute as she said “uh probably my breath.”

Bonnie acted very entitled the whole vlog. She held out her hands with the give-me-something attitude when she knew the kids and Joel were coming to give her a present. She acted like she was doing it as a joke but we all see through the act, bon bon. Oh and remember how not that long ago we were talking about the Breville hand mixer? How Bonnie was ungrateful because it wasn’t the KitchenAid since it’s a status symbol for her. Well Joel gave bon bon a Breville toaster for Mother’s Day and then she raves about it being such a good brand.

There was a few more minutes left in the vlog but I turned it off at that point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Todays drama wrote:Bonnie, actually all the Griffiths girls, believe they are some kind of special, entitled, so beautiful, and deserve to be treated differently from all other women, because they are better. Bonnie thinks that sponsors should not give her directions on how to show the products, but give her free range. She honestly believes she’s a big time YouTube Star and deserves big money. She gets put off if she’s not in complete control with sponsors and her family. Bonnie is getting bitchier by the day!
If you are doing a review, a sponsor shouldn’t be allowed to tell you what to say. There are a lot of problems in the industry right now because too many YTers are willing to falsely promote products they don’t stand by. This has started to put pressure on the YTers that do try to stay honest. Think about it, we cant bitch about how protected Bollie is from honest reviews, but then also complain when YTers insist on having creative control. Or complain they are selling out for a paycheck but then argue they are spoiled when they refuse work. Thats their prerogative. More YTers need to hold the PR companies to an ethical standard before the entire corporation becomes one big joke where you can no longer trust anything anyone says.

cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Todays drama wrote:Bonnie, actually all the Griffiths girls, believe they are some kind of special, entitled, so beautiful, and deserve to be treated differently from all other women, because they are better. Bonnie thinks that sponsors should not give her directions on how to show the products, but give her free range. She honestly believes she’s a big time YouTube Star and deserves big money. She gets put off if she’s not in complete control with sponsors and her family. Bonnie is getting bitchier by the day!
If you are doing a review, a sponsor shouldn’t be allowed to tell you what to say. There are a lot of problems in the industry right now because too many YTers are willing to falsely promote products they don’t stand by. This has started to put pressure on the YTers that do try to stay honest. Think about it, we cant bitch about how protected Bollie is from honest reviews, but then also complain when YTers insist on having creative control. Or complain they are selling out for a paycheck but then argue they are spoiled when they refuse work. Thats their prerogative. More YTers need to hold the PR companies to an ethical standard before the entire corporation becomes one big joke where you can no longer trust anything anyone says.

I agree, I don't think a sponsor should tell you what to say because it IS unethical. But Bonnie also seems to have a problem with a sponsor telling her HOW to present the review. I don't think there's any issue with a sponsor requesting that if she is going to be spotlighting a product, that she not wedge it between uncomfortable clips of the children and her whining about something.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I have an idea. How about just vlogging your daily lives and not do paid sponsorships at all? They are paid handsomely for their views - why do they need to make extra money? It's almost like it's expected. Again, greedy greedy.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

ptumey wrote:On the topic of the Griffiths stench. Joel made a comment in the first minute about Bonnie’s breath and Bonnie told him it smells like roses, and butts, calling it rose butt breath. And then she proceeded to laugh about it like it’s cute. Then on Mother’s Day morning (because this blog was split between Saturday and Sunday), when all the kids pile into the bed to give Bonnie her Mother’s Day gifts, Olivia said “what’s stinks.” Bonnie laughed like it was cute as she said “uh probably my breath.”

Bonnie acted very entitled the whole vlog. She held out her hands with the give-me-something attitude when she knew the kids and Joel were coming to give her a present. She acted like she was doing it as a joke but we all see through the act, bon bon.
Bonnie was horrible acting today!! What an attitude! Good grief do they all smell? Bonnie, one time they said it was Lincoln,etc.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I think one of the sponsorships she backed out on is the Nancy Anderson Fit 30 day meal plan. Unless otter pops are part of the meal plan.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I do think that youtubers should turn down sponsorships that aren't the right fit for their audience, but I also think that companies who pay to advertise their products should have full creative control over said advertisement and the content it's being put up with. That's why they're paying, after all.

Vloggers sell out their audience when doing paid sponsorships, and I don't really have a problem with that because it's another way to monetize content, but I do have a problem when it becomes disgenuine. Cullen and Katie becoming health nuts for thirty days to sell weight loss supplements then going right back to being slobs, Bonnie and Ellie modelling for Albion while telling their audience that their own clothing line is better, Missy raving over her vacuum when we all know they have a maid, etc. At that point they're just lying to and selling out their audience to make a quick buck.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Breville. Go Joel! I think they addressed something minor I mentioned a few weeks back about her using a red kitchen aid hand mixer, while Joel gave her a stainless steel/white breville one months ago. She mentioned "oh hey this is the same brand as the hand mixer you gave me" but she doesnt use it? Or is it hidden and she uses both hand mixers. liars. It's so minor, why lie about it.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

I just cant get over how annoying Bonnie is. I swear she is acting more and more spoiled, more whiny, entitled, selfish brat who thinks she is the best thing that has ever happened to the Youtube world. She acts like she has 10 million viewers and we are all so lucky to be able to watch her vlogging. I find myself rolling my eyes more and more every single vlog. Even the kids and Joel who I used to adore aren't enough to make me want to watch anymore.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Wow I noticed (along with all of the above posts) how annoying this vlog was. The intro was so cringy, Bonnie acted so entitled too many times to count, and so much more. What's happening to them? They are losing all of the enjoyable moments they once used to share..
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Also, I'm going to add that I thought the ending was in poor taste honestly. "If you have a mother, go ahead and give the vlog a thumbs up". They are just so money hungry that they say dumb things like this to get everyone to give them a thumbs up. But in this case I feel like that might be a sensitive thing to say on a Mother's day vlog for those who don't have a mother. Don't have a mother? Mom passed away? Well don't give it a thumbs up then...smh, dumb. Obviously they didn't mean it like that or anything, but they just don't really think at all..
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

If she's being sponsored and paid to promote something, it's simply not a review.
It becomes an advertisement and the company has every right to dictate what her script about their product she is advertising details.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

snowbaby95 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

If she's being sponsored and paid to promote something, it's simply not a review.
It becomes an advertisement and the company has every right to dictate what her script about their product she is advertising details.
Incorrect. Both sides agree to a contract that outlines what is to be expected. The video someone shared yesterday was about a contract breaking down after their sponsor decided they didn't like the honest review THEY CONSCENTED TO. Products are provided by companies free all the time for review/product placement. Bonnie's talks seem to be breaking down prior to the contract being made. She either isn't willing to sell her opinion out, or doesn't like the amount they are offering to pay her to do it

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I actually have to side with Bonnie on this matter. I think it is her decision with whom and how she does business (like any other business). I totally understand the need to seem genuine (because then it is more believable) and the need to be able to say what you want, how you want about the product.

However, I totally think that Bonnie is lying. If you have watched the bloopers you can clearly tell that she has a script that she is following. Repeating one line after another and stopping when making a mistake. If it were genuine, wouldn't you just say that '' oh i love this, it'll help me do this and this'' like without practicing the sentence over and over again. (I specifically remember Joel having trouble saying certain sentence the ''right'' way)

(Again, maybe she has created her own script, maybe not, but why would she bother to make her own script if she is given one and does not need to make extra effort to create one herself. As we know, they maybe are not so linguistically talented...)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Hate to say it, but these days I am thinking it's that the companies aren't paying her enough to sell out her opinion.
I still can't get over the fact that she slams "all other" clothing companies, and yet still shills for Albion Fit and took their free trip to Mexico to model and get pampered. That just screams conflict of interest, and I can't believe that they are not holding her to any kind of non-compete agreement.
And my opinion on "creative control" depends on whether it's a sponsorship, where she is being paid to promote something, or a review, where she is either sent something free or paid to give her opinion. If it's a sponsorship, the company has a right to determine how they're represented. Reviews, not so much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I didn’t mean to say the sponsors should tell Bonnie what to say about their brand. What I meant was, Bonnie should give her honest opinion, but she wants to do it on her terms, her money amount or a nice paid trip or free products. She seems to get put off or offended if what the company offers her is not what she expected. But she shouldn’t expect a premium deal when she is not the huge YouTube star she thinks she is.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”