8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, having family members tutor isn't the best. My brother is _brilliant_. Went to Cal Tech, got a perfect score on the AP physics exam, so when I started having trouble in algebra,, my parents assumed his tutoring me would be great. Nope. First of all, familiarity breeds contempt. Second, it was such second nature to him that he couldn't understand why I couldn't get it. "It's so simple! How can you not see it?" Ugh. They need someone who isn't emotionally involved and can explain things on their level. Kevin is used to college students. Big difference.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

staceybrax wrote:I wonder if Abby fakes being sick to get out of school because she’s so far behind. It can’t be a good feeling to be sitting in a class room and not understanding any of the work. She is clearly very behind if she got a 0 on a maths test.
And I bet Julie wants to stay home because she has trouble with bullies, that’s been documented for a long time. I had a hard time at school specially and it sucks, going to school and not having any friends is so hard. I hated going to school because I was painfully shy and had a hard time making friends and the harder it was to make friends the shy-er I got. It’s a vicious cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...that and not having anyone to help her out with her homework or encouraging her to do better. She's not like Julie, Chad or Shari who seem to manage better with their school work. Franke's have money and could easily pay a tutor for Abby to get her on the right track. I don't think that anyone has really explained to her why she'll needs an education so it looks like Abbie doesn't care which is sad because she's a terrific girl who just needs that extra push forward.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

I am again disappointed in them talking about their kids' academic stuff so publicly. I would have been mortified as a child if my parents had broadcast my progress in school to other people, even if I was doing very well. I don't really see why people are so surprised about Russell getting in to the private school, though. I don't think we've seen any evidence that he's behind academically at all. He seems to be reading and writing at least a little bit, and he's only in kindergarten this year (although many of his peers may be in first grade?) I think he'll do well being challenged and going to a more rigorous school to be honest.
PoppyFlower1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoppyFlower1 »

i used to enjoy every video untill recently. this past 2 months, the channel turned into a snore fest. the fame made her channel suck big time. used to be clever created drama to make there daily lives interesting, which to me.. sells. peoples lives are boring, and she staged them to be more than the average day. i guess she did it to gain followers. but now every video is like "oh i didnt film all day again, kids are back from school, ill just filming them eating oreas on the kitchen counter and talk about random stuff. the 8 passengers have lost what made them different from other channels. and honestly, people will soon get bored and turn to someone else for entertainment. I sometimes think famous vloggers think that once there famous, that there viewers also dont care what you post anymore, but like anything, we watched this for enjoyment, if your not fun to watch then people wont watch anymore. vampires diaries used to be good, then by the 4th season i tuned out because they were cutting budgets and the show sucked, same with youtubers.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

PoppyFlower1 wrote:i used to enjoy every video untill recently. this past 2 months, the channel turned into a snore fest. the fame made her channel suck big time. used to be clever created drama to make there daily lives interesting, which to me.. sells. peoples lives are boring, and she staged them to be more than the average day. i guess she did it to gain followers. but now every video is like "oh i didnt film all day again, kids are back from school, ill just filming them eating oreas on the kitchen counter and talk about random stuff. the 8 passengers have lost what made them different from other channels. and honestly, people will soon get bored and turn to someone else for entertainment. I sometimes think famous vloggers think that once there famous, that there viewers also dont care what you post anymore, but like anything, we watched this for enjoyment, if your not fun to watch then people wont watch anymore. vampires diaries used to be good, then by the 4th season i tuned out because they were cutting budgets and the show sucked, same with youtubers.
I may be in the minority, but I personally hate the fakeness and the staged acts. I hate that her vlogs always feel scripted and like they are actors playing a part and she is the director and not their Mom. I would rather watch the old Ruby, before she changed. Back when she actually was vlogging her boring, day to day life of being a MOM. I enjoyed the cooking, the cleaning, actual "real" moments with her kids before youtube "fame". Now she just lays in bed or lays on the couch and occassionally gets up to make a meal or organize a closet, drives them around, makes another grocery run, and shoves some Oreo's at them. Everything is an act for the vlog. Everything she vlogs is strictly for views. She doesn't care about anyone's privacy anymore, she let's her kids run wild and do whatever they want, the louder and more obnoxious the better. They have to make a scene and be the center of attention wherever they go. And yet through it all, she thinks she is such a great and wonderful and powerful woman and mother. Yet she is the exact opposite.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Just reading the comments on the video of summer school for Abby and Julie, wow people really aren’t afraid of giving their opinion. It never used to be like this on their channel. Ruby is asking for this kind of criticism by sharing such personal moments for the world to see. So many people have commented on Julie’s squinting too. I wonder how Ruby really feels when seeing strangers say things like “the kids are under too much pressure” or “Utah is 2 years behind”. I bet she just laughs and goes about her day without a second thought!

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Kevin got tenured.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

Toodles123 wrote:Kevin got tenured.

As soon as I saw the thumbnail and title of the video, I thought "Oh I wonder what it could be!? Maybe you're both smiling happily in the thumbnail because he didn't, who knows." :roll:

Really though, I'm happy for him and it seems he has worked pretty hard to get where he is professionally. I do find it a bit odd that Ruby's first instinct was to celebrate by taking everyone to Disney World, rather than maybe a nice dinner or weekend trip out of town for just the two of them. That's an expensive trip with 8 people, though I guess it's not a big deal considering what I assume is around a mid six figure annual income their raking in with the channel by now. Hopefully they're saving most of their Youtube money for retirement and to pass on to the kids (who frankly deserve it for being the real draw of the channel and putting up with Ruby The Director™).
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

As for me, the weirdest part was when Ruby was all shocked and jumped almost as if she didn't believe Kevin would get tenured
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

ctx2002 wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:Kevin got tenured.

As soon as I saw the thumbnail and title of the video, I thought "Oh I wonder what it could be!? Maybe you're both smiling happily in the thumbnail because he didn't, who knows." :roll:

Really though, I'm happy for him and it seems he has worked pretty hard to get where he is professionally. I do find it a bit odd that Ruby's first instinct was to celebrate by taking everyone to Disney World, rather than maybe a nice dinner or weekend trip out of town for just the two of them. That's an expensive trip with 8 people, though I guess it's not a big deal considering what I assume is around a mid six figure annual income their raking in with the channel by now. Hopefully they're saving most of their Youtube money for retirement and to pass on to the kids (who frankly deserve it for being the real draw of the channel and putting up with Ruby The Director™).
I also hope they're accounting for how much this private school will cost, 60k a year for all 6, and then at least two missions and at enough for 2 kids to go to college. I hope she realizes that the money won't always be rolling in.
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

Does anyone else think Ruby's orange jumpsuit looks like a prison outfit? It's all I can think of when I see her wearing it
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm sorry if this is very rude, but I have to say that everything about Chuck-o-Rama (perhaps especially its name!) seems very revolting to me. That food did not look particularly appetizing and preceded by Ruby's, "don't eat so much that you throw up" really didn't help matters...
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Wait wait wait you have to pay to go on a mission even though the church basically makes you and ontop of paying 10% (?) of your yearly income? This church stuff really just seems like one big money making scam.
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

I'm pretty sure I remember someone commenting that if Kevin is a professor, his children can go to BYU for free and since (for now) only Shari has some higher ambitions I bet the rest will settle for BYU (I mean if they go to college at all)
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

Aurielle wrote:Wait wait wait you have to pay to go on a mission even though the church basically makes you and ontop of paying 10% (?) of your yearly income? This church stuff really just seems like one big money making scam.
Yeah apparently, teens planning to go on one save up money themselves for a long while beforehand to afford it and their family helps out. Imagine putting aside birthday money for that. This thing I read online is laughable:
"The Lord expects that sacrifices, of both time and money, will need to be made in order to serve a mission. You, or anyone who makes such sacrifices, will be richly blessed by the Lord for doing so."

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children. Shari is basically self motivated and naturally great in school so that's why she is the way she is. For everyone else, Ruby doesn't really seem to care much. It's just like her saying she only wants their respective instruments to be a hobby, she doesn't want for them to have high hopes and dreams like she did only to have them be crushed. It's like her odd way of protecting them from the disappointment she felt. If you keep your expectations low then there's a very small chance you'll be let down later. Or at least that's what I would hope her reasoning is, it could be she's just a lazy parent and doesn't care what happens to her kids as long as they stay mormon and never come out as gay.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

rdt1004 wrote:It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children.
Yeah,.. I find that really fishy. She either was really good and obedient student and got disappointed badly at some point OR she wasn't as good as she thought in the first place.
We never know. I hope those kids actually get into the private school and then would also get help to achieve higher academical goals.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I feel bad but I haven’t watched a video from Griffiths in forever but watched birth vlog for Lucy and totally wondered if ruby was pregnant for a second [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201805 ... 65b3a1.jpg[/img]

Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

Honestly - I decided to catch up a minute on the passengers and I picked the ‘summer school mandatory’ video. I am beyond appalled that they did this whole setup on announcing to their 1.5 million subscribers that the middle kids didn’t get into the school. Im thinking about all the scenarios about what was going through Kevin and Ruby’s head in advertising this whole acceptance/wait list/HORRIBLE math scores to the world. Why would they do this????!!! Talk about issues later in life.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Kataja wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children.
Yeah,.. I find that really fishy. She either was really good and obedient student and got disappointed badly at some point OR she wasn't as good as she thought in the first place.
We never know. I hope those kids actually get into the private school and then would also get help to achieve higher academical goals.
It’s like a he’s following the same path her family took growing up- so she thinks it’s normal? Like she was first girl born over achiever straight A’s. Even Ellie has made joking comments in the past “of corse the oldest ruby is good at it like everything else”. And Bonnie and Ellie needed summer school, and went to beauty school. Just like julie and abbey struggling vs Shari over achieving..., maybe ruby thinks that’s normal- if Bonnie and Ellie survived with bad grades they will too.

Return to “8 Passengers”