Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by Todays drama »

There is no reason why Bonnie cannot go to a gym. Most have trainers for a little extra fee. They usually will work with your schedule. She could take classes like Zuma, or aerobics, It would be a great workout, not boring and if she doesn’t eat 1,000 calorie meals at McDonalds, will help her lose the weight she wants.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Todays drama wrote:There is no reason why Bonnie cannot go to a gym. Most have trainers for a little extra fee. They usually will work with your schedule. She could take classes like Zuma, or aerobics, It would be a great workout, not boring and if she doesn’t eat 1,000 calorie meals at McDonalds, will help her lose the weight she wants.
The gym makes a lot of people anxious. If she's hyperventilating while working out, she definitely has anxiety about it in general.

But yeah, eating fast food isn't going to help. Can't say I haven't done that myself while also trying to lose weight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Todays drama wrote:There is no reason why Bonnie cannot go to a gym. Most have trainers for a little extra fee. They usually will work with your schedule. She could take classes like Zuma, or aerobics, It would be a great workout, not boring and if she doesn’t eat 1,000 calorie meals at McDonalds, will help her lose the weight she wants.
The gym makes a lot of people anxious. If she's hyperventilating while working out, she definitely has anxiety about it in general.

But yeah, eating fast food isn't going to help. Can't say I haven't done that myself while also trying to lose weight though.

If she's hyperventilating while working out, that could just mean she's out of shape. Did she say it was because she's anxious?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

snowbaby95 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

If she's hyperventilating while working out, that could just mean she's out of shape. Did she say it was because she's anxious?
She said it was because she was uncomfortable, and then also said she was also put of shape. She definitely implied the whole thing was hard for her. She was also crying while working out. I have anxiety, and that sounds a lot like what she's describing to me.

Not defending Bonnie (and I don't think anyone needs defending for hiring a trainer to come to their house if that works better for them), just pointing out that it can be incredibly intimidating for some people to "just go to the gym" and that joining formal classes just isn't a feasible option for those people.

kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Losing weight starts with what you eat. She eats like shit.
Like someone said, saying goodbye to a 1000 calorie meal at macdonalds is the first step.
She's stressed as hell and she's working out because she things she needs to look a certain way, not because she genuinely wants it. Which I mean, is fine, as long as you don't have a mental breakdown while doing it.
you can call me kath.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Does Bonnie not realize the trainer doesn't work like Bree? Bonnie cant expect the trainer to help her drop the weight while she's sitting eating a big mac like she can drop her responsibilities on Bree.

I don't hate that Bonnie has a trainer come to her home. I think that's a great option and good on her for finally doing something about her health. I will however judge the heck out of the big mac, there are lower calorie options at McDonals, she didn't have to stuff her face with a big mac and large fries.

Also, I agree with others saying Olivia is becoming a mini Bonnie and its not cute.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

A Big Mac Meal (Big Mac, large fries and a Coke) is 1350 calories. And 1410 mg of sodium!
That's not going to help her lose weight. They have grilled chicken sandwiches, salads (although you have be careful with the salads-- they're sneaky). I'm just confused about why if she is so upset about having to work out, she goes to get food like that.
Shay used to do that all the time. Go to CrossFit, then get 1500 calories worth of drive through.
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Good for Bonnie for making some changes to prioritize her health! It's great if she has the money to hire someone to come to her home. I bet that could help if what she's most worried about is sticking with it (like she said), or if she has anxiety around going to the gym. To me her tears were sheer tiredness. She has stuck with this exercise plan for 2 weeks, and certainly those weeks have been tough mentally and physically going from zero to working out every day. You can tell she is at the point where she wants to give up, but she is determined not to. On top of that, she's got 3 extra kids to care for (and she gave us a glimpse in the vlog of just how fun that can be at times). To me her little conversation was totally relatable.

Also, did I miss something about her saying she started exercising to lose weight? I only heard her mention mental clarity. Exercise does wonders for the brain, even if you eat a Big Mac. Admittedly eating healthy is also good for the brain, and if her long-term goal is weight loss, then sure she should pay attention to her diet. But without her telling us she is using both diet and exercise to try to lose weight, I think it's a little premature to rag on her for the Big Mac.

I normally don't defend Bonnie, but it's really not fair to beat her up for doing something amazing - deciding to make working out a priority, putting money and time and effort into it, and sticking with it for two weeks so far.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ICantEven wrote:Good for Bonnie for making some changes to prioritize her health! It's great if she has the money to hire someone to come to her home. I bet that could help if what she's most worried about is sticking with it (like she said), or if she has anxiety around going to the gym. To me her tears were sheer tiredness. She has stuck with this exercise plan for 2 weeks, and certainly those weeks have been tough mentally and physically going from zero to working out every day. You can tell she is at the point where she wants to give up, but she is determined not to. On top of that, she's got 3 extra kids to care for (and she gave us a glimpse in the vlog of just how fun that can be at times). To me her little conversation was totally relatable.

Also, did I miss something about her saying she started exercising to lose weight? I only heard her mention mental clarity. Exercise does wonders for the brain, even if you eat a Big Mac. Admittedly eating healthy is also good for the brain, and if her long-term goal is weight loss, then sure she should pay attention to her diet. But without her telling us she is using both diet and exercise to try to lose weight, I think it's a little premature to rag on her for the Big Mac.

I normally don't defend Bonnie, but it's really not fair to beat her up for doing something amazing - deciding to make working out a priority, putting money and time and effort into it, and sticking with it for two weeks so far.

Bonnie has made comments about not being happy at her current weight. Bonnie's weight, and the way she carries it, is also incredibly unhealthy. She carries a lot of weight on her front and that's so dangerous health wise.
There is no way a personal trainer coming to her home would be on board with her eating a big mac meal.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Bonnies kids get treats so often I don't really think they classify as treats anymore

Bonnie seems to be going to McDonalds more than usual?

They seem to do lawn day very very often I feel like im constantly hearing lawn day, lawn day, lawn day and its not very exciting

I've never been able to stand Olivias bonnie-like attitude its getting worse though and she's really trying to be on camera more

Bree is super unnecessary for 2 stay at home parents, I don't think its wrong for her to get someone in to help clean once a week or something along those lines but looking after the kids is just like ???? put them in a daycare/creche where they can interact with kids their own age and learn more.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This thread is giving me fits. I keep getting error messages. And it won't let me see posts from more than a few minutes ago!
I just wanted to say that if Bonnie is talking about her abs being a "problem area", then yes, weight loss is definitely a goal of hers. And a Big Mac meal won't help mental clarity at all.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

ICantEven wrote:Good for Bonnie for making some changes to prioritize her health! It's great if she has the money to hire someone to come to her home. I bet that could help if what she's most worried about is sticking with it (like she said), or if she has anxiety around going to the gym. To me her tears were sheer tiredness. She has stuck with this exercise plan for 2 weeks, and certainly those weeks have been tough mentally and physically going from zero to working out every day. You can tell she is at the point where she wants to give up, but she is determined not to. On top of that, she's got 3 extra kids to care for (and she gave us a glimpse in the vlog of just how fun that can be at times). To me her little conversation was totally relatable.

Nobody's beating her up for getting a trainer but eating a Big Mac and large fries is counterproductive. Of course she wants to lose weight - she's said it many times. No trainer in the world would condone that diet and if they would, you should get a different trainer.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

As far as I know she never said that it was great to eat a McDonald's meal. Presumably she knows this. She certainly didn't say anything about her trainer condoning it. Yes, she ate a crappy meal. Yes, that's not going to help her much. But haven't we all done that from time to time?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:This thread is giving me fits. I keep getting error messages. And it won't let me see posts from more than a few minutes ago!
I just wanted to say that if Bonnie is talking about her abs being a "problem area", then yes, weight loss is definitely a goal of hers. And a Big Mac meal won't help mental clarity at all.

This whole site has become glitchy. It takes forever to load and then when it finally does its loaded the first page of the thread so I have to skip to the end and start the load process all over again.... which usually results in an error Image

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Bonnie doesn't need to eat a big Mac in the same way that no one needs to eat one. Including Ellie who doesn't need to lose weight.

I guess over the years I have come to focus on health rather than weight, and exercising is a step toward health, regardless of whatever else. Changing one thing at a time and focusing on sticking to it is a better long term strategy for change than trying to fix both diet and activity all at once.

Yes the big Mac was a poor choice. Yes Bonnie has said she is not happy at her weight. Yes anyone who is working out and eating a big Mac on the same day is kind of hypocritical. I don't disagree with any of that. Just trying to say, sticking to an exercise routine for 2 weeks is good and healthy and that's all.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote: She said it was because she was uncomfortable, and then also said she was also put of shape. She definitely implied the whole thing was hard for her. She was also crying while working out. I have anxiety, and that sounds a lot like what she's describing to me.

Not defending Bonnie (and I don't think anyone needs defending for hiring a trainer to come to their house if that works better for them), just pointing out that it can be incredibly intimidating for some people to "just go to the gym" and that joining formal classes just isn't a feasible option for those people.

Yea, I understand some people get anxiety over going to the gym, but the hyperventilating and crying while working out at home doesn't sound like anxiety. Sounds like she's out of shape and was upset over it, which is understandable.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I think a lot of people when they get into weight loss, don't really realize just how much diet and calorie intake are a huge part of it. I mean sure they know it, but I feel like it's common for people to get stuck on the exercise part more than taking a look at what they're eating and how much they're eating. I know because I used to think that way too. I've started and stopped many weight loss journeys and the ones that failed were when I was assuming "oh I worked out really hard today, this mcdonalds won't hurt too bad.." or "I worked out today and have barely eaten, 1200 calories worth of junk is still under my calorie goal." A lot of healthy eating and weight loss is about changing the way you think about foods and eating. Getting rid of those sabotaging thoughts trying to justify bad eating decisions. I've been reading the Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck, whose father was creator of the cognitive behavioral approach to therapy. CBT is proven to be very effective in changing almost any behavior and as a psych major that's why I gave this book a chance. The book doesn't tell me what I can and can't eat, it's about changing the way I think foods so that my behavior will follow suit. I've lost 20 pounds which is the most, I've ever lost anytime I've tried. It's really great and Bonnie if you're reading this, I'd really recommend it. I don't like you that much, but I do sympathize as someone who also felt so bad about my body for long, but just couldn't seem to stick with anything long enough to change it.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

I just watched Russell (8 passengers) graduation form 2 years ago. Ruby wanted Russell to wear a button up shirt and dress pants but he didn't want to and so he didn't have to, he wasn't forced into something he didn't want to wear...I'll commend Ruby on that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Aurielle wrote:I just watched Russell (8 passengers) graduation form 2 years ago. Ruby wanted Russell to wear a button up shirt and dress pants but he didn't want to and so he didn't have to, he wasn't forced into something he didn't want to wear...I'll commend Ruby on that.
I disagree. There are times a parent should be able to tell a child what to wear. A graduation (yes, even a preschool one) is one of them. A child having a tantrum over clothes and a parent giving into that isn't something to commend. It's just a different flaw.

My children are free to wear whatever they like day in and day out (and the oldest has an embarrassing use of colour and pattern!) and but when a situation calls for a more refined appearance I will absolutely tell them what to wear. I am the parent after all, and how else will they learn to dress appropriately for certain situations?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

snowbaby95 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: She said it was because she was uncomfortable, and then also said she was also put of shape. She definitely implied the whole thing was hard for her. She was also crying while working out. I have anxiety, and that sounds a lot like what she's describing to me.

Yea, I understand some people get anxiety over going to the gym, but the hyperventilating and crying while working out at home doesn't sound like anxiety. Sounds like she's out of shape and was
upset over it, which is understandable.
Really? What does anxiety look like to you. That sounds exactly like anxiety to me. Most people don't cry and hyperventilate while working out, but they do when having struggling with anxiety.

It may not make sense to you that she'd feel anxious when working out at home, but anxiety doesn't always make sense. That's why it sucks and can be debilitating for some.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”