• Advertisement

8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Postby golden12345f » Sat May 19, 2018 5:49 am

Does anyone else think Ruby's orange jumpsuit looks like a prison outfit? It's all I can think of when I see her wearing it
golden12345f
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby natalka81 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm sorry if this is very rude, but I have to say that everything about Chuck-o-Rama (perhaps especially its name!) seems very revolting to me. That food did not look particularly appetizing and preceded by Ruby's, "don't eat so much that you throw up" really didn't help matters...
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby grapesandbeans » Sat May 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Wait wait wait you have to pay to go on a mission even though the church basically makes you and ontop of paying 10% (?) of your yearly income? This church stuff really just seems like one big money making scam.
grapesandbeans
Informer

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Sat May 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember someone commenting that if Kevin is a professor, his children can go to BYU for free and since (for now) only Shari has some higher ambitions I bet the rest will settle for BYU (I mean if they go to college at all)
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby Bobbityfo1 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:59 am

Aurielle wrote:Wait wait wait you have to pay to go on a mission even though the church basically makes you and ontop of paying 10% (?) of your yearly income? This church stuff really just seems like one big money making scam.
Yeah apparently, teens planning to go on one save up money themselves for a long while beforehand to afford it and their family helps out. Imagine putting aside birthday money for that. This thing I read online is laughable:
"The Lord expects that sacrifices, of both time and money, will need to be made in order to serve a mission. You, or anyone who makes such sacrifices, will be richly blessed by the Lord for doing so."

Sent from my MYA-L11 using Tapatalk
Bobbityfo1
Amateur

Postby rdt1004 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 pm

It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children. Shari is basically self motivated and naturally great in school so that's why she is the way she is. For everyone else, Ruby doesn't really seem to care much. It's just like her saying she only wants their respective instruments to be a hobby, she doesn't want for them to have high hopes and dreams like she did only to have them be crushed. It's like her odd way of protecting them from the disappointment she felt. If you keep your expectations low then there's a very small chance you'll be let down later. Or at least that's what I would hope her reasoning is, it could be she's just a lazy parent and doesn't care what happens to her kids as long as they stay mormon and never come out as gay.
rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Kataja » Tue May 22, 2018 3:57 am

rdt1004 wrote:It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children.

Yeah,.. I find that really fishy. She either was really good and obedient student and got disappointed badly at some point OR she wasn't as good as she thought in the first place.
We never know. I hope those kids actually get into the private school and then would also get help to achieve higher academical goals.
Kataja
Talker

Postby GymChick » Tue May 22, 2018 7:02 am

I feel bad but I haven’t watched a video from Griffiths in forever but watched birth vlog for Lucy and totally wondered if ruby was pregnant for a second [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180522/7d104424824b782edc98e7779865b3a1.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby Manitowoc123 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 am

Honestly - I decided to catch up a minute on the passengers and I picked the ‘summer school mandatory’ video. I am beyond appalled that they did this whole setup on announcing to their 1.5 million subscribers that the middle kids didn’t get into the school. Im thinking about all the scenarios about what was going through Kevin and Ruby’s head in advertising this whole acceptance/wait list/HORRIBLE math scores to the world. Why would they do this????!!! Talk about issues later in life.
Manitowoc123
Amateur

Postby GymChick » Tue May 22, 2018 7:20 am

Kataja wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children.

Yeah,.. I find that really fishy. She either was really good and obedient student and got disappointed badly at some point OR she wasn't as good as she thought in the first place.
We never know. I hope those kids actually get into the private school and then would also get help to achieve higher academical goals.

It’s like a he’s following the same path her family took growing up- so she thinks it’s normal? Like she was first girl born over achiever straight A’s. Even Ellie has made joking comments in the past “of corse the oldest ruby is good at it like everything else”. And Bonnie and Ellie needed summer school, and went to beauty school. Just like julie and abbey struggling vs Shari over achieving..., maybe ruby thinks that’s normal- if Bonnie and Ellie survived with bad grades they will too.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby sasperillo » Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 am

Kataja wrote:

All evidence from early vlogs suggests that she was way stricter in the past. I bet she encouraged good practices with Shari and Chad and completely lost interest with the others, possibly because Chad was not naturally inclined to listen and work like his sister. Also her grammar and spelling are atrocious as is her knowledge of basic history and geography. If she was a good student in high school she either forgot everything or the standards in Utah in the 90s were very very low.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby SunnySide0 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:10 pm

I loved seeing the real Ruby in Lucy’s birth vlog on Julie’s channel. I liked when she was rubbing her sisters feet and letting Julie have her moment. It was sweet to see her be a big sister and help film for them. It was nice to see her drop the act for a minute - it was why I subscribed to her in the first place before her channel blew up and changed. It’s a shame she doesn’t act this way in her own videos now, she’s so much more likeable.
SunnySide0
Talker

Postby staceybrax » Tue May 22, 2018 3:12 pm

sasperillo wrote:
Kataja wrote:

All evidence from early vlogs suggests that she was way stricter in the past. I bet she encouraged good practices with Shari and Chad and completely lost interest with the others, possibly because Chad was not naturally inclined to listen and work like his sister. Also her grammar and spelling are atrocious as is her knowledge of basic history and geography. If she was a good student in high school she either forgot everything or the standards in Utah in the 90s were very very low.

Yeah it seems to me like the more kids Jennifer had the more she dropped the ball and ruby very much seems to be the same way. I think that Jennifer was really strict with ruby and beau and by the time Ellie came along they just gave in to her every want and I think that with ruby, she was super strict with Shari and chad (and Julie and Abby in the older vlogs) but the more kids she has had and the more success she has gotten on YouTube the lazier she has gotten as a mother and eve and Russell get away with everything and have never had the same rules as the older kids. I can definitely see Eve being a lot like Ellie when she is older because she doesn’t seem to have the same rules and expectations placed on her that the older kids have.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby Kataja » Wed May 23, 2018 3:26 am

SunnySide0 wrote:I loved seeing the real Ruby in Lucy’s birth vlog on Julie’s channel. I liked when she was rubbing her sisters feet and letting Julie have her moment. It was sweet to see her be a big sister and help film for them. It was nice to see her drop the act for a minute - it was why I subscribed to her in the first place before her channel blew up and changed. It’s a shame she doesn’t act this way in her own videos now, she’s so much more likeable.

I couldn't agree more. She seemed like normal reasonable person and not this fake hype-up overly excited person. She actually seemed sweet and caring and quite calm person. I wish she would calm down a bit and resemble bit more her old self.
Kataja
Talker

Postby Tiger27 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:11 am

staceybrax wrote:
sasperillo wrote:
Kataja wrote:[quote="rdt1004"]It's so weird that Ruby herself was very high achieving in academics before college, but doesn't expect the same or really encourage the same for her own children.

Yeah it seems to me like the more kids Jennifer had the more she dropped the ball and ruby very much seems to be the same way. I think that Jennifer was really strict with ruby and beau and by the time Ellie came along they just gave in to her every want and I think that with ruby, she was super strict with Shari and chad (and Julie and Abby in the older vlogs) but the more kids she has had and the more success she has gotten on YouTube the lazier she has gotten as a mother and eve and Russell get away with everything and have never had the same rules as the older kids. I can definitely see Eve being a lot like Ellie when she is older because she doesn’t seem to have the same rules and expectations placed on her that the older kids have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I agree to an extent...but I have some more hope for Eve. Ellie was a bimbo with no boundaries so of course she ended up like she did, Eve is quite smart though. I hope she has some natural drive like Shari and shows some interest in school. I know she’s little but I feel like she’s the one that could make it out of Utah!

Tiger27
Informer

Postby sasperillo » Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 am

^^ I completely agree with the combined sentiments of the two above posters. I think both Eve and Chad will run off somewhere and say screw your to the LDS Church. Unlike Chad, I think Eve will be successful, but not in a “holier than thou” way of Shari. She doesn’t need to prove herself. She seems like she is smart and inquisitive and she will question the bullshit her parents and her church are feeding her. I hope that school+church don’t stomp out her little fire to make her a little subservient wife. I see her doing irreverent stand up in Brooklyn and having a skit on growing up in the public eye and having to put up with her family + Utah culture. Kind of like Elna Baker if anyone knows her work. Hope she gets her hands on some good education + birth control when she’s older so she doesn’t end up marrying at 19 and being trapped in the Franke bubble.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm usually not this nosy (don't really care) but when Ruby showed the grocery receipt today I paused it to see the total cost (which, living in Canada, I was surprised was so low) and noticed that the video was filmed on May 8. That's like 2 weeks ago!

And the number of comments about the waste of plastic was interesting today. I've often felt this but have never bothered to comment on it.
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby KaterTot » Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 pm

natalka81 wrote:I'm usually not this nosy (don't really care) but when Ruby showed the grocery receipt today I paused it to see the total cost (which, living in Canada, I was surprised was so low) and noticed that the video was filmed on May 8. That's like 2 weeks ago!

And the number of comments about the waste of plastic was interesting today. I've often felt this but have never bothered to comment on it.

I knew Ruby was filming way behind when her Mom's hair was long in her video a few days ago. She's had her hair cut off at least a couple of weeks.
KaterTot
Gossiper

Postby sugarpea » Fri May 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Julie's twitching seems to get worse in every video. It is worrying to me. It's a relatively new thing... I hope they've gotten it checked out.
sugarpea
Amateur

Postby Toodles123 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 pm

sugarpea wrote:Julie's twitching seems to get worse in every video. It is worrying to me. It's a relatively new thing... I hope they've gotten it checked out.
Can you point out the twitching. I can't see her doing it.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
Toodles123
Informer

Postby thenightowl » Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Dang, they are over a week late with posting! The Yawi family uploaded the zoo footage a week ago (and they are also on a delay).
I have started to notice Julie's twitching, I hope she's ok, she's one of my favorite vlog kiddo's.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper

Postby JeniferWilliams » Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 am

Quite interesting discussion.
JeniferWilliams

Postby Bollie_Dollie_4_Life » Sat May 26, 2018 9:40 am

thenightowl wrote:Dang, they are over a week late with posting! The Yawi family uploaded the zoo footage a week ago (and they are also on a delay).
I have started to notice Julie's twitching, I hope she's ok, she's one of my favorite vlog kiddo's.

According to the video the previous day, they are 2 weeks and 2 days behind real time. She went to the grocery store and spent just under $400 on a week's worth of groceries and the date said 5/9/18.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Talker

Postby kates_crush » Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 am

was is julie's twitching? I know around that age or a bit younger some children develop nervous ticks... I knew one girl who couldn't help blinking a lot, and another who would only look up at the ceiling when talking to you ( they didn't even realize they are doing it)... if she does have ticks, I can see it being related to stress/nerves.
kates_crush
Talker

Postby KaterTot » Sat May 26, 2018 11:06 am

I went to school with two boys who both had twitching "ticks" similar to her. I think one was blinking fast and the other raised his eyebrows all of the time an crinkling his nose simutaneously. I feel I should mention they had no disorders or medical issues. They do need to make sure Julie is OK if she hasn't had it all her life til recently. I have noticed it a lot more now that people mentioned it .
KaterTot
Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers