afarmhousefull Part 1

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: afarmhousefull Part 1

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:As with most homeschooling fundies, she limits the heck out of her kids phone and computer usage. Seems helicopter-y even though she swears she's not a hovering mother.
She is actually more free than a lot of the moms I know (Christian, home school moms). Lol. So she probably DOES think she’s an oh-so-cool mom.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

But we know the real truth. She wants to shield the hell out of them and then throw them out when they're 18. it's odd.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

I actually found her not very restrictive. I have friends that are not even Christian and they read every single thing that comes in and out of their kids’ phones. Nicci doesn’t even do that (or she said she doesn’t).
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

I agree that she has changed though.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

dahell wrote:
smarlo wrote:As with most homeschooling fundies, she limits the heck out of her kids phone and computer usage. Seems helicopter-y even though she swears she's not a hovering mother.
She is actually more free than a lot of the moms I know (Christian, home school moms). Lol. So she probably DOES think she’s an oh-so-cool mom.
Yeah I don't think she's doing anything wrong here. It scares me more when parents don't monitor their kids and their phone and internet usage. This is a scary new world and it's hard to parent through this technological age. I'm not looking forward to that stage for my kids. I have friends with preteen/teens and it's really difficult. They're good at hiding things, too. Most don't truly understand how permanent some things can be once it's out there, the harm that can be done to people, the risks out there (young people feel invincible), and some stuff they just shouldn't see as children.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Young mom of 8

She is so cringy to me, nowadays

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Loverach06
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Loverach06 »

onbreak wrote:Young mom of 8

Yeah, once you hit your mid-late twenties you are no longer a "young mom"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Loverach06 wrote:

Yeah, once you hit your mid-late twenties you are no longer a "young mom"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I was wondering about that too! I get she had her first kid pretty young. But I don’t think that still makes you a “young mom”....no offense. I’m a little older than her. I won’t lie, she looks dang good for her age, amount of kids. Just in general. But, young mom, nah.
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

totally agree. I used to like her but cringy is the best way to describe her now.
I don't care about your life
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Has she ever addressed how she's dealing with her kids being cross-eyed and having speech impediments? Don't the majority of them have lisps?
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

smarlo wrote:Has she ever addressed how she's dealing with her kids being cross-eyed and having speech impediments? Don't the majority of them have lisps?
They also supposedly have adhd but she homeschools so she doesn’t have to medicate them. I’d but they don’t seem adhd to me, maybe add or high functioning autism but I don’t see super hyperactive impulsive kids. I think she just likes to use adhd to cover up their real deficits in learning and socialization.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Or she just doesn't know what she's talking about! LOL

Maybe that gene pool has been spread too thin.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:Has she ever addressed how she's dealing with her kids being cross-eyed and having speech impediments? Don't the majority of them have lisps?
Holy man, that second to the youngest boy! I couldn’t get over his cross-eyes! I have never heard her address it via YT. I don’t follow her elsewhere but I think I watch pretty much all of her YT videos. I never noticed his eyes before. Do kids grow out of that?! I sure hope so or hope she gets him real help. I’m not sure oils can fix that. Maybe I’m overreacting here but I was alarmed by how bad it was. I couldn’t believe she left it in the video without addressing it. Poor kid. I haven’t heard her kids speak enough to notice the speech thing (ugh, so thankful she DOESN’T have her kids all in the camera all the time, not a fan of channels that do that).
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

It was bad in my opinion too! I think they fix that with a patch over the good eye? Not sure. But I know a lot of them have pretty bad lisps.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

It was sweet to see one of the middle children doing something in a video. I’m one that appreciates vlogs where it’s mostly the mom talking. I watch YT for adults talking and adult viewpoints. I have my own children to listen to and interact with so I’m not a fan of kid-centered videos normally. But I was just thinking the other day (because of her intro picture) I feel like the middle boy and 2 middle girls are rarely talked about. She always mentions doing stuff with the older 2. Mentions the younger ones. Those middle 3 definitely seem forgotten. I don’t mean she ACTUALLY forgets them in her day to day, just not shown or talked about as often. She also doesn’t come across as overly maternal in her kid interactions. I can appreciate that to a point too I guess. Sometimes it can come across as sickly sweet and fake but she is very monotone and matter of fact with them at least on camera.
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

UGH shiplap shiplap shiplap... another bandwagon she's jumping on? It's been around for years - just like clean eating. What is with her lately?!
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

So true. She definitely loves IG and internet trends it seems. Like, it’s gotten worse lately.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Someone watches too much HGTV. LOL
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

I think she doesn’t have her own identity. She looks to see what others are doing and what’s popular to figure out what she likes and does.
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

youngmommy wrote:I think she doesn’t have her own identity. She looks to see what others are doing and what’s popular to figure out what she likes and does.
I agree. It's disappointing, because she was one YT mom who seemed confident in herself and in her own choices. I always respected that, even if I didn't agree with her. Her recent videos are just such a departure and it makes me wonder what caused the change.

Return to “A-H”