Julie Deru: Part One

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by KaterTot »

I am another one who thinks Emma's hair is way cuter on her this way. It suits her face and it is not WAY short. lol You would think she had a pixie from some comments. It will be also nice for Julie with a new baby to not have to mess with styling and doing things to Emma's hair since she isn' t old enough to care for it. I often saw complaints about how Julie never did nice styles on Emma when her hair was long and it was the truth most of the time. When I saw Emma's hair on Bonnie's Instagram story my first thought was how cute she looked. It makes me feel weird to hear people dictate a child's beauty on their hair length. The worst is the Arnold/Klein family from TLC. Every time a pic is posted of her darling daugther they comment on her pixie cut and actually even state how she would be cute if she had long hair "If". That pisses me off. This is why our girls today have self esteem issues. People put too much emphasis on physical things
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by GymChick »

I think Emma’s hair is cuter in bob, when she was watching the easy back oven omg her hair looked so cute with her long neck and face shape. Imagine if Bonnie gave Olivia permission to cut her hair short while she wasnt around lol would have been major tears from Bonnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Julie’s mom commented right off the bat, that Lucy’s arm was fat. How much did Lucy weigh? She looked like a normal new born to me not even chunky.

larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

Ducklings4 wrote:Julie’s mom commented right off the bat, that Lucy’s arm was fat. How much did Lucy weigh? She looked like a normal new born to me not even chunky.

8pound 2oz if I remember the Instagram correctly

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I noticed that right away too.

"Julie...her arms are FAT. She's FAT!"

I know it's probably endearing as people love chunky babies. But I've noticed that with both Grandma Griff and Ellie, they always always always comment on babies' weight. It's just a very blatant and interesting complex to me.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie likes to comment on how BIG and chubby other babies are as well as almost every time she saw Julie she made a comment about her belly, and in a rude tone of voice as well. I’ll also never forget when someone said “you look thin!” To Jared- and Ellie’s immediate reaction was something like “he does!?” With a “yeah right” facial expression

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

KayCeeee wrote:I noticed that right away too.

"Julie...her arms are FAT. She's FAT!"

I know it's probably endearing as people love chunky babies. But I've noticed that with both Grandma Griff and Ellie, they always always always comment on babies' weight. It's just a very blatant and interesting complex to me.
Yes that bugged me so much!!! Julie hadn't had a chance to see or hold Lucy, and that's the only thing her mom can say to her? Any normal person saying the baby is chubby is totally fine, but it bothers me a lot from a Griffiths, especially Jennifer. We know being small is equated to "good" so was actually some kind of negative comment toward Lucy/Julie?
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Maybe I am seeing things or reading it all wrong. But after Lucy was born Landon was hugging Julie and obviously crying. He released Julie and Julie was like a statue. Staring blankly into space. She seemed emotionless. Almost like this was a job she had to do to make Landon Happy. I always had the feeling Landon pushed for baby number 4 and Julie was hesitant to add to the already struggling financial stability situation.
I will say after watching Porter's birth blog I am glad she had some family support in the room this time around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I am glad that I am not the only one that was bothered by what Grandma Griffiths said about Lucy being fat.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Kaylor1 wrote:Maybe I am seeing things or reading it all wrong. But after Lucy was born Landon was hugging Julie and obviously crying. He released Julie and Julie was like a statue. Staring blankly into space. She seemed emotionless. Almost like this was a job she had to do to make Landon Happy. I always had the feeling Landon pushed for baby number 4 and Julie was hesitant to add to the already struggling financial stability situation.
I will say after watching Porter's birth blog I am glad she had some family support in the room this time around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I think she was exhausted. She just had basically pushed the baby out! I think your analyze is bit over-stretching.
Maybe she was fighting back tears and has a thing about crying publicly but I also doubt that since I've seen how emotional those sisters are...
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

Kataja wrote:
I think she was exhausted. She just had basically pushed the baby out! I think your analyze is bit over-stretching.
Maybe she was fighting back tears and has a thing about crying publicly but I also doubt that since I've seen how emotional those sisters are...
No, I think you may be right about Julie not liking to be as emotional in public. She seems to be more private than her sisters in regards to that. At least that’s the vibe I’ve gotten? I think she was so happy but holding back tears and just overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Well I see now where they get their car seat safety from. Julie and Ellie are around my older kids’ age. We could not leave the hospital without an infant car seat. Is Utah that far behind in the safety laws. All kids 16 and under had to wear bike helmets as well when my kids were growing up.

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Well I see now where they get their car seat safety from. Julie and Ellie are around my older kids’ age. We could not leave the hospital without an infant car seat. Is Utah that far behind in the safety laws. All kids 16 and under had to wear bike helmets as well when my kids were growing up.

Eh, I think it depends on what state you were in back then. I'm 7 months older than Julie and I never had a carseat either. My mom said it was just one of those things they didn't do/require.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That’s crazy lol I think I’m the same age as Julie (1990?) and my mom def had a car seat :/ I was like when I saw her enter the passenger side with a newborn lol I’m sure they didn’t have enough seTs in their car for all their kids either and I’m sure their kids were allowed to share a seatbelt lol

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I was born in 88 and i definitely came home in a car seat. I’m not sure if they used them in american but in Australia babies used these plastic car seats that look so uncomfortable and unsafe. I almost died of shock when my daughter was born in 2013 and they still use those car seats when transferring infants between hospitals (my daughter was preemie and was in the NICU at the women’s hospital in my city and then transferred to our local hospital as she got closer to coming home).

In the coming home vlog when Julie says “I have nothing to say really” and Landon says “that’s ok, I just like looking at ya” he sounded exactly like grandma Griff it was creepy.

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

I was so annoyed that when Shari was holding Lucy, all the adults started immediately talking about how Shari would be having her own baby soon. Julie even said in maybe 6 years. Isn't Shari 15? So I guess 21 is the ideal age to start popping out kids...not even out of college for most people. I know several (all?) of the Griffiths sisters did not finish a 4 year degree, but still. I guess I should just be glad she didn't say "3 years". Hah. I really hope Shari doesn't give up on her education though...
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

ICantEven wrote:I was so annoyed that when Shari was holding Lucy, all the adults started immediately talking about how Shari would be having her own baby soon. Julie even said in maybe 6 years. Isn't Shari 15? So I guess 21 is the ideal age to start popping out kids...not even out of college for most people. I know several (all?) of the Griffiths sisters did not finish a 4 year degree, but still. I guess I should just be glad she didn't say "3 years". Hah. I really hope Shari doesn't give up on her education though...
Ew, how disgusting. This is so expected of them at such an early age. I'm in my early 20s and am not "expected" to pop out a baby yet. She's a teenager, let her be 15 or however old she is! I know I was not thinking of getting pregnant at that age. Shari is basically like a mom to some of her siblings with all of the responsibility on her. Maybe she doesn't want to jump into it so quickly. I just hate that outlook they have.
NotAnotherUserName
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotAnotherUserName »

I am wondering why they took the baby away immediately after birth instead of putting her on Julie’s chest? I thought that was pretty standard barring any health issues. With all three of mine they put them directly on my chest for a while before doing any of the newborn care things. It just struck me as odd.
notsarah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by notsarah »

Something about the way Landon handles his son to pull him back around the 2:50 mark in today's vlog gives me an uneasy feeling.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

notsarah wrote:Something about the way Landon handles his son to pull him back around the 2:50 mark in today's vlog gives me an uneasy feeling.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Haven't watched the vlog yet so I don't know which son you mean. But I've seen him in other vlogs getting to angry and grabbing the oldest son to hard because the boy was acting like child, running around being cheeky. The older boy seem to mostly get in trouble. I tried to address this before and people on the board didn't agree because he's good looking, down to earth and a nice husband.
I get an uneasy feeling about him and their family like there's something else going on with this family (besides the financial issues). I suspect that London has control issues and some underlying anger issues.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”