Heidi Kim??

tori
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Heidi Kim??

Unread post by tori »

spiralstatic wrote:I knew Rosalind had speech issues, but geez, I didn't realize how bad it actually was until I heard her try to get a full sentence out. I would have never guessed that she was 5 based on her speech alone. I hope they can get her into a speech program when she starts kindergarten this fall.

I feel like Heidi and Ken both dropped the ball on this. There are programs available to families for free or very low cost. Programs that are federally funded and can even be paid for by insurance. Our pediatrician gave us loads of info to help us out when my (then) 3 year old daughter had a speech delay.

And regarding the no preschool thing because "they couldn't afford it" she could have done a homeschool curriculum with Rosalind to help prepare her for school better.

(Edited for typo)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
But Heidi is so so so busy! How could she possibly find the time??? /s

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I remember Rosalind used to see Heidi’s friend who was possibly a speech pathologist?? But then stopped because she wasn’t progressing. I found it bizarre she never seemed to attempt getting further help after they figured out that Rosalind had whatever hearing issue whenever she suspected Rosalind had OCD. I rarely hear them even repeat words correctly in response to her, like in a confirmatory tone... they used to be good about it.

I feel like Heidi and Ken both seem to be self-proclaimed intellectuals or at least nerds, I guess. So it’s kind of surprising to see a lack of guided preschool curriculum. Perhaps it’s behind the scenes. But I’m doubting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Princessyen12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Princessyen12 »

I think she got the one answer of Rosalind not being delayed enough to qualify for speech and took that as the end. If your child is not progressing you get them evaluated again. My son was evaluated twice once at 18 months where he didn't qualify and then again 3 months later when he did because he didnt progress at all in those 3 months. You have to be an advocate for your child.
Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nervy488 »

I think her theatre auditions are a bit immature. I mean, the only experience she has in theatre is from high school. That probably looks bad on a resume and she is 30 so...not the best chances imo. Also, if she does get a role in a play, who is going to watch the kids while she has to go to practices and rehearsals? She needs to focus her time on her kids and cleaning her damn mess of a house. Look at the carpet stains when she’s is putting the bow on Irene! My lord! It doesn’t seem she does much with them one on one besides drag them to all of the places she wants to go.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Heidi Kim??

I’m playing catch up with their videos... I just saw the painful scene of Rosalind (omg she’s so cute!) trying to explain the couch cushions as a the cat beds. There was very little I could understand, and clearly Heidi felt the same because she gave up and said, “oh okay”

Carpet stains, yes. How long have they even lived in their house?!

I can’t stand their chaotic health, lack of cleanliness, laziness/low energy by both parents, and seemingly quite often messing up dates and locations! Get it together. Yeeesh!

Drinking game for the phrase ”my autoimmune disease”

Also, have we been updated if either use their gym membership anymore?

spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by spiralstatic »

Nervy488 wrote:I think her theatre auditions are a bit immature. I mean, the only experience she has in theatre is from high school. That probably looks bad on a resume and she is 30 so...not the best chances imo. Also, if she does get a role in a play, who is going to watch the kids while she has to go to practices and rehearsals? She needs to focus her time on her kids and cleaning her damn mess of a house. Look at the carpet stains when she’s is putting the bow on Irene! My lord! It doesn’t seem she does much with them one on one besides drag them to all of the places she wants to go.

Yeah, I agree that it seems a bit immature. IMO, I think shes lost her own identity with parenting two small kids predominately alone. It does seem like she is home alone with no help the majority of the time, so I can see why she wants to do something that is solely just for her. Aside from the obnoxious amount of fish tanks she currently maintains.

I totally get that it's hard to keep a tidy house at all times with little ones going behind you and undoing your work, but their place is gross. She mentioned a few vlogs back that she can't get anything done when Irene is awake, and I call BS. My youngest is about 5ish months older than her and I have zero issue with washing dishes or folding laundry while hes awake.

Whining instead of doing seems to be what they do best.

Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

The constant auto-immune disease talk is so annoying! They both have horrible diets and are non-active, sedentary people. Maybe if she starts to change her diet and work out properly her “auto-immune” disease will magically disappear.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I kinda thought they would be better at keeping this house clean, because it was theirs. You know, taking pride in something you own. But no, it’s filthy. I don’t watch super often and always skip around when I do. It’s so hard to miss though. Garbage all over the floor, it looks like they haven’t run a vacuum over the carpet since they moved in. Would it kill them to just have a cleaning day. Maybe get her parents to watch the girls for the day and they just go crazy cleaning, and then keep up with it!

Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

Also, I don’t want to see Ken’s nasty thing on his head shown up close in every. single. vlog. Heidi makes it sound SO dramatic by using the word surgery 100 times. On their last vlog he said he has to go back to get it drained or something and Heidi perked up and said, “oh you’ll definitely have to bring the camera for that!” What? No! I don’t want to see that! I’m done with it.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nervy488 wrote:Also, I don’t want to see Ken’s nasty thing on his head shown up close in every. single. vlog. Heidi makes it sound SO dramatic by using the word surgery 100 times. On their last vlog he said he has to go back to get it drained or something and Heidi perked up and said, “oh you’ll definitely have to bring the camera for that!” What? No! I don’t want to see that! I’m done with it.

Lol! Yeah and the fact that she mentioned the first “surgery” didn’t show anything graphic that it was “from ken’s perspective” ummm the camera pointed at his face in the crinkly paper wincing and mumbling for however many minute...

Oh the Kims...

spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
Nervy488 wrote:Also, I don’t want to see Ken’s nasty thing on his head shown up close in every. single. vlog. Heidi makes it sound SO dramatic by using the word surgery 100 times. On their last vlog he said he has to go back to get it drained or something and Heidi perked up and said, “oh you’ll definitely have to bring the camera for that!” What? No! I don’t want to see that! I’m done with it.

Lol! Yeah and the fact that she mentioned the first “surgery” didn’t show anything graphic that it was “from ken’s perspective” ummm the camera pointed at his face in the crinkly paper wincing and mumbling for however many minute...

Oh the Kims...

So much second hand embarrassment!

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Heidi said that Rosalind has been asking to join dance and wants dancing shoes but they can’t afford it. Yet she can afford to go and buy a new pair of shoes FOR AN AUDITION! That’s ridiculous to me.

Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

Yep, sad. She can’t afford to put them in dance but she can afford 10 fish tanks, including salt water tanks and fish and supplies for said tanks, she can afford to get her hair done at a salon and buy herself new dance shoes she needed for one audition.

spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

It is truly amazing what people can afford when they *want* something.

Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

I remember when they lived in Tucson and they only had Rosalind, the whole vlogs revolved around her. They praised her and paid so much attention to her. Heidi seems so wrapped up in herself lately that is makes me sick. Everything is about her. Her fish, her illnesses, her auditions, her car accident, her gym time, her vlogging. She doesn’t even let Ken talk for himself without interrupted every second. We never see more than 10 seconds of the kids in any vlog because she’s too busy blabbering about herself.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It’s incredibly selfish. She can do all these wonderful things for herself but the girls can’t be put into any activities, preschool or speech therapy because they can’t afford it.
I do believe they are tight on money, for sure. Heidi certainly doesn’t make much, if anything from the channels and Ken probably makes 30-40k a year. Factor in all the money they pay out for car repairs, they’re not left with much.
But that money should go towards helping the girls. I understand wanting to “pamper” yourself as a mom, but don’t take away from your kids in order to do so.
I don’t think they’re bad parents, by any means, but they could certainly improve

Nervy488
Amateur
Amateur

Heidi Kim??

I agree they are broke. Ken probably does make 30-40K. However, there are free activities and summer schools all around. We live in a massive city filled with so many family and kid activities that are cheap or free. Her parents live in Chandler which is very close to where they live and it’s rated one of the top cities to live for families in the US. Why doesn’t she have Rosalind in her churches summer school!? All churches have them and they are free and so fun. Also...why can’t Heidi’s parents help them out with some money or help pay for dance for Rosalind, etc.? My parents help out with my kids so much! Maybe we are just lucky.
tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

Nervy488 wrote:I agree they are broke. Ken probably does make 30-40K. However, there are free activities and summer schools all around. We live in a massive city filled with so many family and kid activities that are cheap or free. Her parents live in Chandler which is very close to where they live and it’s rated one of the top cities to live for families in the US. Why doesn’t she have Rosalind in her churches summer school!? All churches have them and they are free and so fun. Also...why can’t Heidi’s parents help them out with some money or help pay for dance for Rosalind, etc.? My parents help out with my kids so much! Maybe we are just lucky.
I don't think her parents have much money either. I don't know what her dad does, but I know her mom is a librarian.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That’s truly sad if even Heidi or Ken’s parents don’t have enough extra money a month that they could put Rosalind in dance lessons... thats a scary thought to think they may have no savings.

spiralstatic
Talker
Talker

80085 wrote:
ForeverGauc01 wrote:It’s incredibly selfish. She can do all these wonderful things for herself but the girls can’t be put into any activities, preschool or speech therapy because they can’t afford it.
I do believe they are tight on money, for sure. Heidi certainly doesn’t make much, if anything from the channels and Ken probably makes 30-40k a year. Factor in all the money they pay out for car repairs, they’re not left with much.
But that money should go towards helping the girls. I understand wanting to “pamper” yourself as a mom, but don’t take away from your kids in order to do so.
I don’t think they’re bad parents, by any means, but they could certainly improve
They definitely are stretched thin and it's genuinely unfortunate teachers are paid so little in the US but they prioritise like children instead of for their children! I wouldn't be surpise if they're so broke because they are terrible with money and making financial decisions to start with. It's important that parents have their "me time" whatever that is, whether it's working out or just a morning routine where they can have time for themselves and to treat themselves once in a while—just because it's a treat doesn't mean what-so-ever that it has to be expensive or cost a significant amount of money—but to put something so trivial above something that could be so beneficial for your child (social skills, confidence, exercise).... How can one justify that? It's incomprehensible to me.
They jumped the gun on buying a home. I remember when she said they were going to move into an apartment and then she stopped uploading for a while only to pop back in like a month later saying they bought a house. Isnt it in a gated community? That's not exactly cheap.

Return to “A-H”