Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Because Griffiths do not care about hygiene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Peachfish wrote:Why did Bonnie put her dirty dress she just wore back into her closet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are clothes are dirty and ''dirty''. I don't know what was the case (i didn't see the vlog and I always like to give a benefit of a doubt) but If I have worn a dress half a day and it hasn't been hot,
I consider it to be still wearable and I can hang it back to the closet.
If I have worn the dress whole sweaty day or stained it somehow, it is certainly going to laundry basket.

I think it is waste of water and resources to wash a clothes too much. People wash their clothes way more than they used to. I think it is due to the fact that people used to manually hand wash everything
and that kind of hard labor made people more careful and considerate what they threw to laundry.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Previously worn clothes that are still considered clean dont go back in the closet thats nasty, they go on the back of a chair, behind the door or maybe even those racks they actually make for that exact situation.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Aurielle wrote:Previously worn clothes that are still considered clean dont go back in the closet thats nasty, they go on the back of a chair, behind the door or maybe even those racks they actually make for that exact situation.
If you’ve only worn something for a bit its probably fine to put it back in the closet. It isn’t nasty. Your “rules” for where clothes half worn should go assumes everyone should do things your way. Who wants a dress hanging behind a closet door for days until its next wearing? Sometimes people on this site get so caught up in how they do things, and so sanctimonious about that that it dismisses anyone that does it differently. If you think its gross don’t do it.... Bonnie or the previous poster can do as they like. Now if the dress has been worn all day, is wrinkly and stinks, then thats a different story and it doesn’t need to be “laid out” anywhere. It needs to be laundered.

I’m not getting into a laundry debate but seriously, you do realize that there are plenty of things we don’t wash regularly that are probably more disgusting than a dress thats been worn for a bit being put back in a closet? Couches, linen, jackets, vehicle upholstery.... all much dirtier than you’d think.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Aurielle wrote:Previously worn clothes that are still considered clean dont go back in the closet thats nasty, they go on the back of a chair, behind the door or maybe even those racks they actually make for that exact situation.
If you’ve only worn something for a bit its probably fine to put it back in the closet. It isn’t nasty. Your “rules” for where clothes half worn should go assumes everyone should do things your way. Who wants a dress hanging behind a closet door for days until its next wearing? Sometimes people on this site get so caught up in how they do things, and so sanctimonious about that that it dismisses anyone that does it differently. If you think its gross don’t do it.... Bonnie or the previous poster can do as they like. Now if the dress has been worn all day, is wrinkly and stinks, then thats a different story and it doesn’t need to be “laid out” anywhere. It needs to be laundered.

I’m not getting into a laundry debate but seriously, you do realize that there are plenty of things we don’t wash regularly that are probably more disgusting than a dress thats been worn for a bit being put back in a closet? Couches, linen, jackets, vehicle upholstery.... all much dirtier than you’d think.

I must be disgusting (sarcasm) ;) because I often wear a pair of jeans or pj's more than once without washing (if I haven't been sweating or it has only been a few hours) I put them back in the drawer or hang them and I survive lol.
On another note, I wish I could say that I am surprised but of course NOBODY seemed to be wearing seatbelts in the car :(
sarah-jy95
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sarah-jy95 »

Seriously? No one wearing seatbelts? How stupid can they get? I’m watching this vlog and wanting to scream at them!!

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

sarah-jy95 wrote:Seriously? No one wearing seatbelts? How stupid can they get? I’m watching this vlog and wanting to scream at them!!

Same! It’s so infuriating as a viewer to watch them in cars. I think it’s really going to take a horrific accident for them to wake up to car/car seat safety. Image
sarah-jy95
Wallflower
Wallflower

I’m just sitting here getting more annoyed with Bonnie and the rest of the Griffiths the more I think about this vlog. Ellie is pregnant, Julie just had a baby. They’ve all got kids. Do any of them ever think of what could possibly go wrong if they crash and aren’t wearing their seatbelts? I can’t even begin to imagine the possibilities with all of the unrestrained kids and adults.

sarah-jy95
Wallflower
Wallflower

....And it looks like they are deleting comments about no seatbelts

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Am I the only one that has a vehicle where the beeping would drive you insane if you even tried not to wear your belt?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It isn’t hard to teach kids to wear seatbelts. It becomes a habit if they’ve always had one from day one. The fact that the Griffiths don’t wear them tells me that they never had to as children either....and the pattern of no safety regards will just keep repeating itself until someone dies a preventable death forcing them to learn.

Idiots... all of them.

cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

Seriously, this whole seatbelt thing really, really irritates me. You don't have to be in a high-speed collision to receive traumatic injuries. I think a common misconception is that you need to be driving 80+ miles an hour and collide with someone also doing 80+ miles an hour in order to receive life changing injuries, but I've seen plenty of people seriously injured in car accidents where the top speed was only 30mph.

And even if you can't be bothered about your own safety, at least think of the safety of your children! While your body is rolling around in that van if it were to get hit or flipped, who do you think you'd be knocking into? Your own children and nieces!!!

The mind-numbing ignorance this family has when it comes to basic safety is just unbelievable. Julie was definitely unbuckled and as the mother of a weeks-old child and three other kids, shame on her! I couldn't tell about Ruby or Ellie, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't buckled, either (which is richhhhhh coming on the heels of Ellie's attention seeking "will I bring him home" Instagram post the other day - You seem super concerned about his safety if you can't even bother to be buckled in the front seat!!)

I don't wish ill on anyone, but this family needs a wake up call. I think getting pulled over, receiving a ticket, or even having a cop, firefighter, or EMT reach out to them to explain the dangers is what they need right now. My father worked as an emergency responder and the number of horror stories he came home with from people dying for something as simple as not buckling up still haunts him thirty years later. Didn't Bonnie claim to be an EMT? If so, did she never come upon a car accident and see what it looked like?
Dramamama07
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Dramamama07 »

I honestly felt so bad for Olivia during her piano recital! I’ve felt from day 1 of her piano lessons that she’s never been as into it as Bonnie wants her to be! And you KNOW Bonnie only makes poor Olivia play to make herself look better! Ruby’s kids all play/played an instrument, and all the Griffith’s kids played, so Olivia has to!
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Came here about the seat belts, too. So incredibly frustrating. How hard is it to put one on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

cwm93 wrote:Seriously, this whole seatbelt thing really, really irritates me. You don't have to be in a high-speed collision to receive traumatic injuries. I think a common misconception is that you need to be driving 80+ miles an hour and collide with someone also doing 80+ miles an hour in order to receive life changing injuries, but I've seen plenty of people seriously injured in car accidents where the top speed was only 30mph.

And even if you can't be bothered about your own safety, at least think of the safety of your children! While your body is rolling around in that van if it were to get hit or flipped, who do you think you'd be knocking into? Your own children and nieces!!!

The mind-numbing ignorance this family has when it comes to basic safety is just unbelievable. Julie was definitely unbuckled and as the mother of a weeks-old child and three other kids, shame on her! I couldn't tell about Ruby or Ellie, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't buckled, either (which is richhhhhh coming on the heels of Ellie's attention seeking "will I bring him home" Instagram post the other day - You seem super concerned about his safety if you can't even bother to be buckled in the front seat!!)

I don't wish ill on anyone, but this family needs a wake up call. I think getting pulled over, receiving a ticket, or even having a cop, firefighter, or EMT reach out to them to explain the dangers is what they need right now. My father worked as an emergency responder and the number of horror stories he came home with from people dying for something as simple as not buckling up still haunts him thirty years later. Didn't Bonnie claim to be an EMT? If so, did she never come upon a car accident and see what it looked like?
They’ve been pulled over before when the kids were clearly not in proper car seats and boosters and nothing happened.

Someone cleared up the EMT thing at the time. While in some areas it means you are an accredited emergency responder/paramedic, in others it’s a basic technician course taken as part of medical training. She worked in a facility doing blood draws, and I think the EMT certificate was part of that training.... if she was actually certified and not just using EMT to loosely refer to basic first aid and CPR. She was never a first responder or in any position to come across a car accident. At least not from what she’s said.

amandaz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amandaz »

So many questions in today’s vlog.

1. Why did Joel go on a 4-wheeling trip with family when he knew Olivia’s piano recital was this weekend? (Or I guess last weekend since they’re a week behind.) In general, if both parents can be there, then they should. And we all know neither of them have real jobs to be busy with. Especially with how much importance Bonnie placed on the recital with inviting all her sisters and mom, the recital is obviously a big deal, so why is Olivia’s own dad missing it when it was completely avoidable.
2. Why was the recital a girls-only event? No uncles or grandfathers or boy cousins. Yes, I know all the Griffiths girls had the same piano teacher growing up, but if Bonnie is making the recital a family event, then uncles should be there as well.
3. So if Joel can go on a weekend trip with Beau, why couldn’t Emily be invited to this recital? Well, maybe she was and turned it down as we’ve speculated she doesn’t seem too fond of the Griffiths sisters. Just seems odd how everyone BUT Emily was there (same with Thanksgiving and Beau’s family not showing up, and how Bonnie and Joel talked about Julie’s new baby but did not mention Beau and Emily’s).
4. Did anyone catch when Bonnie was counting the lunches for all the cousins, she said “maybe” Calvin and Jackson? Was Ellie not going to show up?

And finally, good job Bonnie for explaining that the recital was age 8+, which is why the younger kids stayed home. (From Julie’s vlog yesterday).
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

amandaz wrote:So many questions in today’s vlog.

1. Why did Joel go on a 4-wheeling trip with family when he knew Olivia’s piano recital was this weekend? (Or I guess last weekend since they’re a week behind.) In general, if both parents can be there, then they should. And we all know neither of them have real jobs to be busy with. Especially with how much importance Bonnie placed on the recital with inviting all her sisters and mom, the recital is obviously a big deal, so why is Olivia’s own dad missing it when it was completely avoidable.
2. Why was the recital a girls-only event? No uncles or grandfathers or boy cousins. Yes, I know all the Griffiths girls had the same piano teacher growing up, but if Bonnie is making the recital a family event, then uncles should be there as well.
3. So if Joel can go on a weekend trip with Beau, why couldn’t Emily be invited to this recital? Well, maybe she was and turned it down as we’ve speculated she doesn’t seem too fond of the Griffiths sisters. Just seems odd how everyone BUT Emily was there (same with Thanksgiving and Beau’s family not showing up, and how Bonnie and Joel talked about Julie’s new baby but did not mention Beau and Emily’s).
4. Did anyone catch when Bonnie was counting the lunches for all the cousins, she said “maybe” Calvin and Jackson? Was Ellie not going to show up?

And finally, good job Bonnie for explaining that the recital was age 8+, which is why the younger kids stayed home. (From Julie’s vlog yesterday).
#5. Will poor Olivia really want a video of her messing up at her piano recital posted for all the world to see?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Sorry, double post. Just want to clarify that I think Olivia did a very good job and recovered very well. I just know if I were her I wouldn't want that on the internet. Musical performances were always a cause of much anxiety for me, and I always beat myself up if it wasn't perfect.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

Ridiculous! Lead by example and wear your seatbelt! It’s the LAW. This just makes me sick. I almost lost my Son a cpl Summers ago..seatbelt saved his life!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

I know nothing of music recitals but why didn’t she have sheet music? Isn’t that a big part to learn how to read and follow it? Or are you supposed to remember it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
whatamievendoing
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatamievendoing »

gopedjane wrote:I know nothing of music recitals but why didn’t she have sheet music? Isn’t that a big part to learn how to read and follow it? Or are you supposed to remember it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I thought that was odd too but I don't know if maybe it's a piano thing? I feel like I've seen pianists play without music before. But at my childhood music recitals (flute) we always had our sheet music in front of us, I think I would've had a breakdown if we didn't!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”