• Advertisement

OKBabyJustNotDaily | Part 21

Re: OKBabyJustNotDaily | Part 21

Postby Baz1_ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 am

Their minions are so annoying. I saw some good comments on the last vlog pointing out how Alaya would be safer rear facing and that they should be potty training Levi. But of course the minions have to ruin it with their go to phrases “mind your own business” and “you’re not their parent”. These 12 year olds don’t know jack shit when it comes the to the law and raising children, it’s frustrating to see them praise OK
Baz1_
Talker

Advertisement

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 am

Kyra made a comment in one of her vlogs that it wasn’t up to her to educate the kids. She goes why rush. They will learn when they go to school. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby KATEEE » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:20 am

chloe6124 wrote:Kyra made a comment in one of her vlogs that it wasn’t up to her to educate the kids. She goes why rush. They will learn when they go to school. Lol

WHAT. I can’t stand her for multiple reasons but. It’s not her responsibility to teach her kids? I hope she doesn’t have a third if she feels that way. If she thinks she learned everything from school, she’s delusional.

KATEEE

Postby Whateverumean » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:24 am

While it was cute to watch the vlog, it would’ve been nice if she stopped at each and read more about the dinosaurs on the placard. They were basically calling everything T. rex and running lol
Whateverumean
Gossiper

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:56 am

It was a cute vlog. It’s really to bad Kyra doesn’t know how to get Levi potty trained. He could be trained so easy if they would just stay home a week with him. They will never get him trained if they are always going some where. Maybe with Korina there for the summer she will show Kyra how to do it.

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

KATEEE wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:Kyra made a comment in one of her vlogs that it wasn’t up to her to educate the kids. She goes why rush. They will learn when they go to school. Lol

WHAT. I can’t stand her for multiple reasons but. It’s not her responsibility to teach her kids? I hope she doesn’t have a third if she feels that way. If she thinks she learned everything from school, she’s delusional.

It was in a update she did on Levi a few months ago. She said Levi could only count to like 3. Basically she said she didn’t work with him because why rush things. She said isn’t that why they go to preschool.

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby Chichi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:54 am

chloe6124 wrote:
KATEEE wrote:

It was in a update she did on Levi a few months ago. She said Levi could only count to like 3. Basically she said she didn’t work with him because why rush things. She said isn’t that why they go to preschool.

She can and should do better teaching her own kids..It's never too early to start teaching young kids stuff.. Education doesn't seem like a priority for her.. She seems to forget that if it wasn't for YouTube they'd be struggling on Oscar's meagre salary...

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk
Chichi
Informer

Postby alikruz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:24 am

Baz1_ wrote:Their minions are so annoying. I saw some good comments on the last vlog pointing out how Alaya would be safer rear facing and that they should be potty training Levi. But of course the minions have to ruin it with their go to phrases “mind your own business” and “you’re not their parent”. These 12 year olds don’t know jack shit when it comes the to the law and raising children, it’s frustrating to see them praise OK

Wait until Levi is 12 and still not potty trained....

alikruz
Amateur

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:53 am

All she has to do is don’t take Levi out for a week. One of them stays home. He would be potty trained in no time. I bet KK has Landon trained before she has Levi trained.

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby catabelle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:50 pm

KATEEE wrote:

While I Doubt this is what she meant cause she’s so uneducated and has clearly never read even mainstream parenting books, let alone books on alternative methods of parenting... there are some parenting philosophies that emphasize not formally educating until they’re at school age anyway. Umm I’m thinking specifically of Its Ok to Go Up the Slide and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Kids... in that book the author says we over drill our kids to memorize which isn’t what they should do at 2, 3, 4, etc. until they understand the concepts. There are a lot of schools that prescribe to a similar method. So i HOPE she means that... not just not teaching them anything. that would be awful. but with these bafoons you never know. ha. reminds me of when she tried to explain baby led weaning to everyone while she was doing it wrong.
catabelle
Talker

Postby catabelle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

chloe6124 wrote:All she has to do is don’t take Levi out for a week. One of them stays home. He would be potty trained in no time. I bet KK has Landon trained before she has Levi trained.

Lol she doesn’t even have to keep him home for a week though, she’s just lazy so that’s the only way it would work for them. Normal parents don’t halt their lives for a week to potty train- they just live life and potty train. but not princess kyra.
catabelle
Talker

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:56 pm

catabelle wrote:
KATEEE wrote:

While I Doubt this is what she meant cause she’s so uneducated and has clearly never read even mainstream parenting books, let alone books on alternative methods of parenting... there are some parenting philosophies that emphasize not formally educating until they’re at school age anyway. Umm I’m thinking specifically of Its Ok to Go Up the Slide and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Kids... in that book the author says we over drill our kids to memorize which isn’t what they should do at 2, 3, 4, etc. until they understand the concepts. There are a lot of schools that prescribe to a similar method. So i HOPE she means that... not just not teaching them anything. that would be awful. but with these bafoons you never know. ha. reminds me of when she tried to explain baby led weaning to everyone while she was doing it wrong.

Are you talking about unschooling. Basically you don’t teach your kids anything. You let them show you what they want to learn and go from there.

If kids don’t get taught early and don’t have at least a year or two of preschool they are usually so far behind because kindergarten is like first grade now. They are expected to even read site words and read a little by kindergarten. Levi is lucky though because of his oct birthday he won’t go to kindergarten until almost six. Unless Utah has crazy cut off and let four year olds start kindergarten.

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby oldschoolmom39 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:06 pm

I am a homeschooling mom by choice I hated the public school system but they do not teach potty training or how to tie your shoes in Kindergarten. That is something they expect parents to do at home before the child starts school. They also expect kids to be able to count to 20, know their colors, shapes, ect before they enter school. Kids are sponges and soak up everything adults do so they are essentially learning at home. Why would you want to intentionally delay your child.
oldschoolmom39
Talker

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:11 pm

oldschoolmom39 wrote:I am a homeschooling mom by choice I hated the public school system but they do not teach potty training or how to tie your shoes in Kindergarten. That is something they expect parents to do at home before the child starts school. They also expect kids to be able to count to 20, know their colors, shapes, ect before they enter school. Kids are sponges and soak up everything adults do so they are essentially learning at home. Why would you want to intentionally delay your child.

My niece had site words she had to know before kindergarten. They gave them the material over summer break and was expected to know those words when they started kindergarten that fall. She can read anything. She reads like on a second grade level and will be in first grade. Kindergarten is like first or second grade now. I think it’s because most people send their kids to a couple years of preschool which is basically kindergarten. It’s so much easier when your child is ahead of where they should be and have confidence then struggling. When they struggle in those early years in school it can really make them hate school.

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby Mommyof6 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:29 pm

I'm surprised we havent bumped into them we were just at the dino park not that long ago we have a pass so we are trying to go more often.

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk
Mommyof6
Gossiper

Postby catabelle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm

chloe6124 wrote:
catabelle wrote:
KATEEE wrote:[quote="chloe6124"]Kyra made a comment in one of her vlogs that it wasn’t up to her to educate the kids. She goes why rush. They will learn when they go to school. Lol

Are you talking about unschooling. Basically you don’t teach your kids anything. You let them show you what they want to learn and go from there.

If kids don’t get taught early and don’t have at least a year or two of preschool they are usually so far behind because kindergarten is like first grade now. They are expected to even read site words and read a little by kindergarten. Levi is lucky though because of his oct birthday he won’t go to kindergarten until almost six. Unless Utah has crazy cut off and let four year olds start kindergarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yeah I guess unschooling falls in the same category but no i’m not talking about unschooling. I mentioned a specific book because that author writes about her school which DOESNT teach kindergartens to read through sight words, it doesn’t expect them to know maths, etc. because basically american education is fucked up and doesn’t align with how children develop and when they’re ready to learn those concepts
catabelle
Talker

Postby rottiemama » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:53 pm

chloe6124 wrote:
My niece had site words she had to know before kindergarten. They gave them the material over summer break and was expected to know those words when they started kindergarten that fall. She can read anything. She reads like on a second grade level and will be in first grade. Kindergarten is like first or second grade now. I think it’s because most people send their kids to a couple years of preschool which is basically kindergarten. It’s so much easier when your child is ahead of where they should be and have confidence then struggling. When they struggle in those early years in school it can really make them hate school.

Wait a second, you have nieces?!?
rottiemama
Informer

Postby Ohthehumanity » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I honestly think Levi gets a lot of his imagination and expressiveness from watching YouTube videos lol. Kyra has made it very clear several times that she has no interest in teaching her kids. She frequently mentions how Sydney teaches Levi things. Just a few weeks ago she said in a vlog that she wants Alaya to start learning her body parts and then proceeded to show her watching a YouTube kids video. She is sooo lazy. You can teach your kids so much just in daily life and learning through play without even having to go out of her way. Levi is behind in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he changes once Korina is there!
Ohthehumanity
Amateur

Postby pigpie19 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:09 pm

The fact that these two are lucky enough to be at home with their children all day and essentially have all the time in the world to teach them things, but don't, is disheartening. C'mon Kyra, you can't rely on everyone else to raise your kids. There's no need for a third if she can't even help the first two progress.
pigpie19
Amateur

Postby kayjay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm

At the lake without a swim diaper and no swim trunks for Levi. Nice. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/e1c78a2c7bd01462ccb84e2e0a07192c.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
kayjay
Talker

Postby chloe6124 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:59 pm

And she wants to get a puppy. You know they are so cute and require no work..

chloe6124
Gossiper

Postby kayjay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Kyra was creepy when she kept telling Levi the dinosaur would "eat his arm up" and "chomp him into pieces "
Bitch it would eat you just the same

kayjay
Talker

Postby kayjay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 pm

pigpie19 wrote:The fact that these two are lucky enough to be at home with their children all day and essentially have all the time in the world to teach them things, but don't, is disheartening. C'mon Kyra, you can't rely on everyone else to raise your kids. There's no need for a third if she can't even help the first two progress.
Let's be honest she wants a third so she can get attention when she's pregnant. She hates being a parent once the baby's here.

kayjay
Talker

Postby kayjay » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Ohthehumanity wrote:I honestly think Levi gets a lot of his imagination and expressiveness from watching YouTube videos lol. Kyra has made it very clear several times that she has no interest in teaching her kids. She frequently mentions how Sydney teaches Levi things. Just a few weeks ago she said in a vlog that she wants Alaya to start learning her body parts and then proceeded to show her watching a YouTube kids video. She is sooo lazy. You can teach your kids so much just in daily life and learning through play without even having to go out of her way. Levi is behind in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he changes once Korina is there!
I wish they would think about if they taught their kids things and occupied their minds they wouldn't be so "bad" (as they put it) all the time.

kayjay
Talker

Postby oldschoolmom39 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm

chloe6124 wrote:It was a cute vlog. It’s really to bad Kyra doesn’t know how to get Levi potty trained. He could be trained so easy if they would just stay home a week with him. They will never get him trained if they are always going some where. Maybe with Korina there for the summer she will show Kyra how to do it.

I am going to cut them some slack on the potty training since he is only 2 and just may not be ready yet. The constant bottles they give A though is another story. She should have been on a sippy cup a long time ago. I don't think I have ever seen her with one and if she can drink out of a straw then she can drink out of a sippy cup. The older she gets the harder it will be to take the bottle away from her
oldschoolmom39
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to OKBaby