8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

alexandriablue
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by alexandriablue »

After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I don't mean to judge an ambitious teen who obviously values education, I just know she has extremely high academic standards for herself and I can see her being devastated if she doesn't get into prestigious schools.

I guess it doesn't matter if she's just going to follow in her mother's footsteps and get married at 18 anyway.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

alexandriablue wrote:After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I don't mean to judge an ambitious teen who obviously values education, I just know she has extremely high academic standards for herself and I can see her being devastated if she doesn't get into prestigious schools.

I guess it doesn't matter if she's just going to follow in her mother's footsteps and get married at 18 anyway.
I cannot see her getting in to one either. Lots of kids have straight A’s. Being a d-list “YouTube star” is not going to cut it in the extracurriculars department. She played rec softball and volleyball in junior high. Plus, the only adversity she has ever had to face was living off canned food storage for a few months because her parents popped out too many kids too fast so no points in that department. She’ll end up at BYU and then live happily ever after as a mom with half a degree and 4-5 children of her own. (I very much hope I am wrong with this prediction and I also don’t blame any of them going to BYU with the free or reduced tuition they’ll likely get).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4444Dddd
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 4444Dddd »

Does Shari even want to go to an ivy league college? She's probably a shoe-in for BYU anyways. If she really wants to go to an ivy league then she needs to be doing much more. Tons of people get straight A's all over the US along with taking Advanced Placement classes, working, managing extracurricular activities, etc. Babysitting cousins doesn't cut it. Maybe she could write about having her childhood exploited for YouTube money lmao.
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

4444Dddd wrote:Does Shari even want to go to an ivy league college? She's probably a shoe-in for BYU anyways. If she really wants to go to an ivy league then she needs to be doing much more. Tons of people get straight A's all over the US along with taking Advanced Placement classes, working, managing extracurricular activities, etc. Babysitting cousins doesn't cut it. Maybe she could write about having her childhood exploited for YouTube money lmao.
I do believe she wants to get into an Ivy League School, just because it is 'cool' or the name. Not really for the classes or better schooling.
I'm not from the US so I do not know how the schooling system works with you but I feel like she maybe could get in, just because she is a 'youtube-kid'. I totally agree it is not enough because it is barely any work and she just fed of her parents success with her own channel. I hope she doesn't get in honestly, because there are way more kids that deserve it. But I could see it happening and that would be super sad.
Sidenote, if she does get in. What would she do? Students drinking and not at all religous, would she go back home crying because she was so sheltered. Or would she step out of the mormon bubble? Now, that would be a suprise!
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Tiger27 wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:After watching Shari's college vlog and seeing her disappointment that they weren't at an actual Ivy League school...I wonder if she thinks she is actually going to get into an Ivy League? I know she gets straight As but what else does she do? She stopped playing piano, right? Does she do sports or volunteer work? And this might sound harsh but judging by the way she talks and how sheltered and naive she is, I can't really imagine her writing a stellar admissions essay either.

I cannot see her getting in to one either. Lots of kids have straight A’s. Being a d-list “YouTube star” is not going to cut it in the extracurriculars department. She played rec softball and volleyball in junior high. Plus, the only adversity she has ever had to face was living off canned food storage for a few months because her parents popped out too many kids too fast so no points in that department. She’ll end up at BYU and then live happily ever after as a mom with half a degree and 4-5 children of her own. (I very much hope I am wrong with this prediction and I also don’t blame any of them going to BYU with the free or reduced tuition they’ll likely get).

I think Sheri has the drive and ability to attend a Ivy League school but she will not have her families support, emotionally or financially. I remember in a vlog (iirc it was last 4th of July when they went on the trip with Ruby’s parents and they showed their first apartment that Ruby almost burned down) Kevin talked about grad school and Ruby said she never wanted him to go because that would be them in debt and they fought about it. They have 6 kids to put through school, I can’t imagine any of them will go to anywhere other than BYU or a community college.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Brooklyn and Bailey took a bunch of AP classes, ran their own channel, and did extracurriculars and didn't get into Stanford. If Shari wants to go to an Ivy League school, she needs to really get cracking. Her mom plastering her face on YouTube won't cut it. B&B are much more "YouTube famous" than Shari is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Mieke
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mieke »

lmmomSD wrote:Brooklyn and Bailey took a bunch of AP classes, ran their own channel, and did extracurriculars and didn't get into Stanford. If Shari wants to go to an Ivy League school, she needs to really get cracking. Her mom plastering her face on YouTube won't cut it. B&B are much more "YouTube famous" than Shari is.

I did remember yesterday evening. Shari will never get into a Ivy League college then. She doesn't do anything other than her 'basic' school and her own small youtube channel.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

For someone who wants to go to an Ivy League, you’d think she would’ve done some research on them and would’ve known automatically that they were going to umass instead the Dartmouth. Like that’s just basic info, knowing where a school is actually located lol. I agree she would never get in and she’s in for a world of shock if she does to any college that’s not BYU or Utah state because it won’t be filled with mostly Mormons. Even in the vlog she was nervous about forming with some of the other girls on the trip, what’s she gonna do when she really has to dorm with other people. She’s also judgmental as hell and no one wants to be friends with the judges girls in college, so she’s going to have trouble making friends. I also think she’ll get to college and realize she’s not so special there, she’ll be average when it comes to academics and her peers and she’s going to freak out if she’s not the being praised as the smartest anymore.

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

username320 wrote:
kates_crush wrote:wait... did they just ask if this was julie's first eye exam and ruby said yes?
first eye exam at 9? wth?

I feel like it's normal to get your first non-pediatrician eye exam at that age, but then again she doesn't take them to the pediatrician.
In most states (including mine) children HAVE to get a real eye exam by an eye doctor to be able to enter Kindergarten.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rdt1004 wrote:For someone who wants to go to an Ivy League, you’d think she would’ve done some research on them and would’ve known automatically that they were going to umass instead the Dartmouth. Like that’s just basic info, knowing where a school is actually located lol. I agree she would never get in and she’s in for a world of shock if she does to any college that’s not BYU or Utah state because it won’t be filled with mostly Mormons. Even in the vlog she was nervous about forming with some of the other girls on the trip, what’s she gonna do when she really has to dorm with other people. She’s also judgmental as hell and no one wants to be friends with the judges girls in college, so she’s going to have trouble making friends. I also think she’ll get to college and realize she’s not so special there, she’ll be average when it comes to academics and her peers and she’s going to freak out if she’s not the being praised as the smartest anymore.

That happened to me brother. He is _brilliant_. He was pretty much one of the smartest in high school. Then he went to Cal Tech. And suddenly there were lots of people smarter than him. And it was a huge adjustment....

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Could you imagine the look on someone’s face reading a prospective students essay on how their childhood was negatively impacted based on YouTube exploitation?! That would be incredible.

Also.. we all know she’s going to BYU with that free tuition and Mormon boy population. Let’s be serious, Brennan or whoever her guy friend is will probably be the one she ends up with, as sad as it is.
cookiequeen0
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiequeen0 »

There is no way Shari would get into an Ivy. While she might be smart compared to her family and peers, she does not compare to other students around the country. Don't get me wrong, she seems intelligent, but in an average way (if that makes sense). She gets A's and reads for fun, but that doesn't make her brilliant. The people I know who have made it were incredibly smart. Maybe she'll proves us wrong though. I don't doubt that she'll apply to them anyway
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

freshbalsam wrote:Could you imagine the look on someone’s face reading a prospective students essay on how their childhood was negatively impacted based on YouTube exploitation?! That would be incredible.

Also.. we all know she’s going to BYU with that free tuition and Mormon boy population. Let’s be serious, Brennan or whoever her guy friend is will probably be the one she ends up with, as sad as it is.
I don't think she'll get free tuition, just dirt cheap.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

KaterTot wrote:#1 we didn't see her ask the Doctor about the Tourette's. I don't think she does either but she has a horrendous tick which thanks to her Mom, brought us clips demonstrating how bad it is.

#2 First the DMV (arguing that was the office and had the wrong one) now her "Pediatrician" (yes that tells me how often she goes too. She is a major dingbat, like almost too dangerous to parent. What has kept her from leaving a child in the car to suffocate? I imagine people who do that are like Ruby.

#3 This also shows us she cannot be wrong to the point of being obstinate about it (wrong offices etc) so she couldn't be wrong on her kid's ticks. She used the ingrown toenail to make us believe she can be wrong. It was a small take it for the team ego. The ingrown toenail story she told her (removing the TOENAIL) was a scare tactic. You lose a freakin' sliver Ruby, you scared her into saying the WHOLE TOENAIL. Another thing I detest about Ruby.

Anyway, I will stop. I just dislike her more and more.
She is so mean to Julie, her black sheep :'/
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

I get so irratated with Ruby filming her children's private moments. Some things should not be vlogged. You could see Julie was emotional, upset and on the verge of crying plus the fact she was scared to death of her Mom's reaction the whole time. TURN THE CAMERA OFF AND BE A MOM. It's sickening to see what she is willing to do for money. And of course she has to give the "backstory" about her and Kevin buying expensive leather bags for all the girls while on their trip to Italy and how they didn't become popular until THEY came back from their trip and how they are worth $300 bucks each. I had to roll my eyes at her vlog or maybe instagram story the other day when she talked about how she is so mimimal and how she doesn't care about her looks. She said she doesn't care about her looks or her clothes? Seriously? Maybe not 5 years ago but it's ALL she cares about now. She is constantly shopping and buying new clothes, new shoes, new purses, putting on a ton of makeup,getting her fake eyelashes put on, etc. She cares more about her daughters social lives and their "boyfriends" at school then she does their schoolwork. You hear her question the girls about boys at school yet never hear her ask them about their grades. Pathetic. All she wants is for them to get married at 18 and knocked up by 19.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:I get so irratated with Ruby filming her children's private moments. Some things should not be vlogged. You could see Julie was emotional, upset and on the verge of crying plus the fact she was scared to death of her Mom's reaction the whole time. TURN THE CAMERA OFF AND BE A MOM. It's sickening to see what she is willing to do for money. And of course she has to give the "backstory" about her and Kevin buying expensive leather bags for all the girls while on their trip to Italy and how they didn't become popular until THEY came back from their trip and how they are worth $300 bucks each. I had to roll my eyes at her vlog or maybe instagram story the other day when she talked about how she is so mimimal and how she doesn't care about her looks. She said she doesn't care about her looks or her clothes? Seriously? Maybe not 5 years ago but it's ALL she cares about now. She is constantly shopping and buying new clothes, new shoes, new purses, putting on a ton of makeup,getting her fake eyelashes put on, etc. She cares more about her daughters social lives and their "boyfriends" at school then she does their schoolwork. You hear her question the girls about boys at school yet never hear her ask them about their grades. Pathetic. All she wants is for them to get married at 18 and knocked up by 19.
I agree and it's fishy that Ruby kept saying "I'm not going to get mad at you", Julie was scared! Here's an idea Ruby, why not bring your 9 year old something "fun" back and not a 80 dollar all leather backpack.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

I'm loosing interest:

Half of every video is just Ruby doing her superfluous narration. Before, during and after something happend, even with the simplest things, like driving home or cleaning out her vaccum, she just sits there and jabbers into the camera. Which means half of every video I'm just staring at her stupid oversized fake eylashes.
ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

lip wrote:I'm loosing interest:

Half of every video is just Ruby doing her superfluous narration. Before, during and after something happend, even with the simplest things, like driving home or cleaning out her vaccum, she just sits there and jabbers into the camera. Which means half of every video I'm just staring at her stupid oversized fake eylashes.
Exactly, which is why I just skip around the vlogs nowadays. And if the thumbnail and title feature Eve or Russell, I don't even click on it unless a few people here mention something noteworthy about it.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

thenightowl wrote:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:I get so irratated with Ruby filming her children's private moments. Some things should not be vlogged. You could see Julie was emotional, upset and on the verge of crying plus the fact she was scared to death of her Mom's reaction the whole time. TURN THE CAMERA OFF AND BE A MOM. It's sickening to see what she is willing to do for money. And of course she has to give the "backstory" about her and Kevin buying expensive leather bags for all the girls while on their trip to Italy and how they didn't become popular until THEY came back from their trip and how they are worth $300 bucks each. I had to roll my eyes at her vlog or maybe instagram story the other day when she talked about how she is so mimimal and how she doesn't care about her looks. She said she doesn't care about her looks or her clothes? Seriously? Maybe not 5 years ago but it's ALL she cares about now. She is constantly shopping and buying new clothes, new shoes, new purses, putting on a ton of makeup,getting her fake eyelashes put on, etc. She cares more about her daughters social lives and their "boyfriends" at school then she does their schoolwork. You hear her question the girls about boys at school yet never hear her ask them about their grades. Pathetic. All she wants is for them to get married at 18 and knocked up by 19.
I agree and it's fishy that Ruby kept saying "I'm not going to get mad at you", Julie was scared! Here's an idea Ruby, why not bring your 9 year old something "fun" back and not a 80 dollar all leather backpack.
Poor Julie, she looked terrified. Ruby reminded me of how Bonnie enjoys embarrassing her children while filming the whole event.
torilor
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by torilor »

In the newest vlog poor Julie gets her shoe broken by Abby and all Ruby has to say is how expensive they are... Very apparent who her favourites are, if Julie had broken someone’s sandal we never would have heard the end of it.

Return to “8 Passengers”