John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan,The bold and the pregnant || Part 2 ||

Unread post by chs6213 »

Oh my gosh. I am so happy for them!!! Vera is a beautiful, beautiful baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

They are so in love with her. I'm glad there has been no mention of Maeve so far and all their attention seems to be on this lovely little one.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 521b40.jpg[/img]
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

why did she block you?[/quote]

Back when she ate the ashes I questioned it and she got salty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't know..... I hate to be the one to ruin all the hopes that Joan is going to be a great mom but Joanna post about Vera has an awful lot of "I" in it. I mean, many women have c-sections and don't feel the need to mention they are "tethered to wires". Joan always has to add excessive details for the drama.

I think they are going to be selfish and narcissistic parents just like E&J. Just wait until they get home and discover that parenting is more work and sacrifice than they think.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ Joan's post. Not Joanna

bobloblawslawblog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bobloblawslawblog »

hwarner wrote:

Um.... WHAT!?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

bobloblawslawblog wrote:
hwarner wrote:

Um.... WHAT!?

You didn't hear about that? They ate some of Maeve's ashes "so she would always be a part of them" . And the local sewage treatment plant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
SassySassenach
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SassySassenach »

lmmomSD wrote:
bobloblawslawblog wrote:
hwarner wrote:

Um.... WHAT!?

You didn't hear about that? They ate some of Maeve's ashes "so she would always be a part of them" . And the local sewage treatment plant.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
This still boggles my mind....

cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know..... I hate to be the one to ruin all the hopes that Joan is going to be a great mom but Joanna post about Vera has an awful lot of "I" in it. I mean, many women have c-sections and don't feel the need to mention they are "tethered to wires". Joan always has to add excessive details for the drama.

I think they are going to be selfish and narcissistic parents just like E&J. Just wait until they get home and discover that parenting is more work and sacrifice than they think.

I think you are doing a disservice to her post (and to the way she's talking about Vera) by compressing it down to her saying that she's "tethered to wires" and making that seem like it's a big deal.She's discussing all the uncomfortable parts that come after-birth (and especially after c-section) and saying she would not rather be anywhere else, in any other circumstance, than with Vera.

And jury is still out on the type of parents they'll be, but I think it's incredibly unfair to discredit them before they even try.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm so glad V is here and healthy and things went well for all of them. She's beautiful..
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

cwm93 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I don't know..... I hate to be the one to ruin all the hopes that Joan is going to be a great mom but Joanna post about Vera has an awful lot of "I" in it. I mean, many women have c-sections and don't feel the need to mention they are "tethered to wires". Joan always has to add excessive details for the drama.

I think you are doing a disservice to her post (and to the way she's talking about Vera) by compressing it down to her saying that she's "tethered to wires" and making that seem like it's a big deal.She's discussing all the uncomfortable parts that come after-birth (and especially after c-section) and saying she would not rather be anywhere else, in any other circumstance, than with Vera.

And jury is still out on the type of parents they'll be, but I think it's incredibly unfair to discredit them before they even try.
You are welcome to your opinion, I am welcome to mine.

I have read so many of Joan's posts before, including her old blog. Her posts always have a certain tone and it's still there. I think Vera and the world will hear about every sacrifice Joan makes. If I'm wrong and they pull it together and mature them I'll give them props, but I haven't seen enough yet to give them the benefit of the doubt.

1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

Makes me nervous when they don’t post :?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

1000Words wrote:Makes me nervous when they don’t post :?
I'm sure they're fine. They are probably very busy taking care of Vera, as this is all new to them, and they're posting pretty frequently.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

I’m glad they aren’t posting. Because we know how self centered she is this is the first time I think she’s just enjoying her baby and not caring about social media. It’s pure bliss having a baby after a loss. It’s pure bliss any way but still.

Why do you have to think something is wrong, baby is perfectly healthy so we shouldn’t be paranoid unless they mention health issues.

Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

Now she’s saying you can’t feel the amount of joy she’s feeling until you have gone through a loss..

I feel that after my infertility and losses that once I had my living babies I appreciate them so much and never take the fact that I have them for granted.. but I would never tell someone they don’t love their kids as much as I do or they aren’t as happy to have kids as I am.. what the hell?
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

Nikier wrote:Now she’s saying you can’t feel the amount of joy she’s feeling until you have gone through a loss..

I feel that after my infertility and losses that once I had my living babies I appreciate them so much and never take the fact that I have them for granted.. but I would never tell someone they don’t love their kids as much as I do or they aren’t as happy to have kids as I am.. what the hell?
I mean, unless we are reading completely different posts, I don't think that's what she said? She said that it is a "totally different type of joy," not that you can't feel the amount of joy she's feeling. Idk if she's right, and idk if I agree with her, but different its not the same as not feeling it at all.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I would not interpret anything Joan says right now as self-absorbed. She is in post-baby bliss, of course she's going to post about how happy and content she is. I don't think she's purposely trying to shade other people. She definitely has in the past, but I'd cut her some slack right now after she just gave birth.
Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

ughpleasee wrote:
Nikier wrote:Now she’s saying you can’t feel the amount of joy she’s feeling until you have gone through a loss..

I mean, unless we are reading completely different posts, I don't think that's what she said? She said that it is a "totally different type of joy," not that you can't feel the amount of joy she's feeling. Idk if she's right, and idk if I agree with her, but different its not the same as not feeling it at all.
I went back a reread it, sorry! “You’re able to feel a totally different type of joy when you’ve known heartache”.
I quickly read it and and interpreted it as instead of the usual “pain olympics” now it’s joy that normal people wouldn’t experience because they haven’t lost a baby.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Gossip forum.... not a fan club.

People are entitled to their opinion. I don't think it needs to change just because she popped out a kid. Lets not forget all the times she's played pain Olympics in the past. If you'll say shitty things to another loss mom, you probably aren't going to suddenly have more empathy and insight just because your own rainbow has been born. As a member of a loss board for years now, I actually expect she might become less sympathetic now that she has a living child (see E&J's actions post IF). Just as no one understood her pain, no one will now understand her joy.

Everyone can have their opinion, and there's no need to argue about it. It's better critical comments be made here than on their IG. Yes we know they read here, but that doesn't mean we need to censor this board more than we would others.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I’m not a fan of the tone of Joan’s posts. With everything she’s said in the past, and she’s said a lot, it’s hard to take what’s she’s saying now as sincere and at face value.
I hope for Vera’s sake they’ve changed and will be awesome parents but it’s only been day 2. I haven’t forgotten her previous behaviour and seemingly unhinged mental state. Time will tell.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”