C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by Playsinrain »

In slight defense of Katie (bc i still think that she needs to manage her time better and get those kids on a schedule and teach them independent play) i think that she totally realizes this anxiety about having interruptions and not being able to commit to a task when she fears interruption, is not a normal thing and that's why she was asking if anyone else felt this way and that it was something she struggled with. It seemed more like a "someone help me understand this and tell me i'm not crazy" kinda thing than just whining about unopened mail or clothes on the floor. I think she gets that it shouldn't be so overwhelming, but that it's something she has struggled with for a long time and wanted some feedback... that's how i took it anyway.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:In slight defense of Katie (bc i still think that she needs to manage her time better and get those kids on a schedule and teach them independent play) i think that she totally realizes this anxiety about having interruptions and not being able to commit to a task when she fears interruption, is not a normal thing and that's why she was asking if anyone else felt this way and that it was something she struggled with. It seemed more like a "someone help me understand this and tell me i'm not crazy" kinda thing than just whining about unopened mail or clothes on the floor. I think she gets that it shouldn't be so overwhelming, but that it's something she has struggled with for a long time and wanted some feedback... that's how i took it anyway.
She has a PhD in psychology. If she needs to ask strangers, most of whom are children or moms with no professional background in mental health for advice on anxiety, then thank God she doesn’t work in her field anymore. I’d hate to have had my child see her when she was working, only to then watch their vlogs to find out she has no idea what she was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

I think she’s a control freak and a perfectionist...so in her eyes if she can’t do it right..why bother doing it at all. That’s why the house is a mess all the time. Sorry, there is no perfection in Mom life. It’s like constant cleaning up after mini tornados all the time. Those kids need to pick their shit up when not using it though. She needs to teach them to be helping out. It’s good for them. Also...they have too much shot! Kids don’t need all that crap..they get overwhelmed too and hence...shits everywhere. Ugh she won’t listen to a word we say. Just wallow in her pity party
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I just watched Katies rant which is the first video I have watched in almost 2 weeks. Thats the longest I've ever gone without watching them by a long shot and judging by socialblade I'm not the only one who has switched off.

I found it very hard to follow and make sense of what she was saying because of the rapid speech and thoughts. Either she just decided to make "share my feelings" type video in the hopes of gaining views that wasn't well thought out or she genuinely does have a problem with anxiety/ ADD or something. I am a mother with children the same age and I suffer with anxiety and mental health issues and while I totally get the frustration of not getting things done or getting overhwhelmed with everything that I ened up doing nothing I reallly do struggle to have much sympathy for Katie. If there are other deeper, darker issues going on in their house and they are not willing to share then they are not going to gain any sympathy from anyone.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

I really wonder what's going on in their house???

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

They need to stop vlogging for awhile. If their marital woes are as bad as they say and there are also anxiety issues you can’t fix those with a camera in your face everyday. Or at least cut it down to maybe twice a week. I adore Gaines. She is such a smart little girl and brooks is getting so big. Those kids need a mother and father. They need to get rid of the cameras for awhile and learn to actually be a family again.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

I guess the Lannings beat them to the first podcast.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Baconsgirl wrote:I guess the Lannings beat them to the first podcast.

LOL they still haven't released their first podcast episode? Is it dead before it even hits the ground? I honestly forgot all about their show. I bet a lot of people have lost interest already.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Playsinrain wrote:In slight defense of Katie (bc i still think that she needs to manage her time better and get those kids on a schedule and teach them independent play) i think that she totally realizes this anxiety about having interruptions and not being able to commit to a task when she fears interruption, is not a normal thing and that's why she was asking if anyone else felt this way and that it was something she struggled with. It seemed more like a "someone help me understand this and tell me i'm not crazy" kinda thing than just whining about unopened mail or clothes on the floor. I think she gets that it shouldn't be so overwhelming, but that it's something she has struggled with for a long time and wanted some feedback... that's how i took it anyway.
I would like to add that it is not Brooks who has to learn to play independently, but Gaines. And I will stop here because I'm too disgusted with how Katie treats Brooks and that other child.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Missy and Bryan don’t even have some huge big set for their podcast, and really for a podcast you don’t need that. But what they do have that Cullen does not is the funding for this. Doing their podcast isn’t going to be a money hole for them. Idk if they have sponsors yet, but considering how good they’re doing in YouTube right now so I don’t imagine it will be hard for them to get some.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

rdt1004 wrote:Missy and Bryan don’t even have some huge big set for their podcast, and really for a podcast you don’t need that. But what they do have that Cullen does not is the funding for this. Doing their podcast isn’t going to be a money hole for them. Idk if they have sponsors yet, but considering how good they’re doing in YouTube right now so I don’t imagine it will be hard for them to get some.

I don’t understand the need for all the “set” crap for an AUDIO podcast. It looks stupid but they obviously have some grand idea in their minds. I fast forward when Cullen goes on his rants during the vlogs, I have no interest in listening to him speak for any length of time.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Its hilarious that Missy and Bryan launched first. Cullen doesn't have an original thought about anything. Initially I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least attempting the podcast was doing *something*, but so far he's done nothing but spend money on a ridiculous set.
And honestly, I think he would be better off to do this on his own or with Katie instead of with his sister. Bring her in for a couple of specials sure, but unless she is going to talk about her prison stint she isn't who Cullens core audience will want to hear from.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Its hilarious that Missy and Bryan launched first. Cullen doesn't have an original thought about anything. Initially I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least attempting the podcast was doing *something*, but so far he's done nothing but spend money on a ridiculous set.
And honestly, I think he would be better off to do this on his own or with Katie instead of with his sister. Bring her in for a couple of specials sure, but unless she is going to talk about her prison stint she isn't who Cullens core audience will want to hear from.
I think his sister is funding all the set up. That’s why she is involved
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

MotherNature2 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Its hilarious that Missy and Bryan launched first. Cullen doesn't have an original thought about anything. Initially I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least attempting the podcast was doing *something*, but so far he's done nothing but spend money on a ridiculous set.
Where would she get the $$$$$. Just out of jail, no real job...is she dealing drugs again?
captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

ewokfan11 wrote:
MotherNature2 wrote:
Where would she get the $$$$$. Just out of jail, no real job...is she dealing drugs again?
She’s working at a Porsche dealership now.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

captainoflife wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
MotherNature2 wrote: I think his sister is funding all the set up. That’s why she is involved
She’s working at a Porsche dealership now.
So minimum wage or commission. She's not making much $$$$.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

No vlog yet today. Cullen is probably seething that the Lanning’s already posted a podcast and he hasn’t even made one yet. He’s probably working on throwing something together quickly.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Gaines’ hair is getting disgustingly long.

captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

askeptichere wrote:Gaines’ hair is getting disgustingly long.

I was thinking this a few weeks ago. Katie mentioned something about donating it not long ago, which is an awesome idea, but she needs to do something with it soon. It looks so dingy.
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

auntasaurus19 wrote:No vlog yet today. Cullen is probably seething that the Lanning’s already posted a podcast and he hasn’t even made one yet. He’s probably working on throwing something together quickly. Image

I think Jared is doing one now too! Ridiculous

Return to “Cullen and Katie”