afarmhousefull Part 1

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: afarmhousefull Part 1

Unread post by dahell »

She did end up addressing the eye issue in her latest comments.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

on which video please?
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:on which video please?
From July 25...vlog...debt free living update. Someone asked:
I feel a little nervous to ask because I don’t want to come off as being rude.. has your son seen an eye doctor for his lazy eye? (P.S. My 5 year old has a lazy eye too, is wearing glasses to correct it & we’ve seen improvement).

And she said:
Yes. We have 4 kids with the same condition. My oldest has had surgery twice plus Botox.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

thank you!
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

Goodness, that latest vlog.... I really hope she's had her son checked out by a doctor. Someone said she addressed his crossed eyes in another video, but that combined with his speech issues, and she's putting all this on the Internet? If my mom had done that, I would've been mortified! At a bare minimum, the poor little guy needs a speech evaluation by a professional.

Also, she's turning into every other monetized YouTube mom out there with her titles - DITL, Bible journaling, and even a cleaning video? I know I've said it before, but I really did like Nicki back when she was authentic, and it's sad to see her sell out.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

msmarbles wrote:Goodness, that latest vlog.... I really hope she's had her son checked out by a doctor. Someone said she addressed his crossed eyes in another video, but that combined with his speech issues, and she's putting all this on the Internet? If my mom had done that, I would've been mortified! At a bare minimum, the poor little guy needs a speech evaluation by a professional.

Also, she's turning into every other monetized YouTube mom out there with her titles - DITL, Bible journaling, and even a cleaning video? I know I've said it before, but I really did like Nicki back when she was authentic, and it's sad to see her sell out.
Yeah, I think some I intervention needs to be done. It’s kind of alarming to watch in a vlog. I only saw her mention it in the comments when someone asked about his eyes. I’m NOT saying she “owes us” an explanation but if you’re going to show something online, it might be nice to get a little background on what’s going on with the child. Or maybe not show as much? And, yes, ever since she’s hired someone to “help” with her channel it’s gotten SO MUCH more click-baity. I’m glad she’s laid off of some things (bragging about “raw fruit” smoothies?? As opposed to most of us schleps who cook our fruit or???? And her “vegan kick”. I kind of give her credit for later admiting it wasn’t working.) I kind of see the same trends in the moms I watch and it’s kind of too bad when it gets so cookie-cutter.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Im glad to hear he had another vasectomy.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I wonder what will happen when her pyramid collapses?
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

smarlo wrote:I wonder what will happen when her pyramid collapses?
I think that’s why she’s getting more into YouTube and trying to be trendy with her vlogs and post regularly. She has to know doterra won’t last forever. But her husband has had his business since before all this and they flip houses too, so they should be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

in her latest vlog, her daughter and her go out running errands. Daughter is wearing seatbelt under her arm. That just frosts my heinie. Who lets their kid do that? And film it and leave it in? it's not country, it's STUPID
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

smarlo wrote:in her latest vlog, her daughter and her go out running errands. Daughter is wearing seatbelt under her arm. That just frosts my heinie. Who lets their kid do that? And film it and leave it in? it's not country, it's STUPID
Ugh, I didn’t even notice that. Not smart.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Big surprise she is using The Good and the Beautiful curriculum. Every “trendy” Christian homeschool mom is using it this year.
annabananna
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annabananna »

nooooo not a thread about afhf!!! i really like her!!! :DDD

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

HCB wrote:Big surprise she is using The Good and the Beautiful curriculum. Every “trendy” Christian homeschool mom is using it this year.
I agree. I’m seeing it everywhere. I think Nicci used to pride herself on following her own path. I certainly don’t see that anymore. She’s more alike all the trendy YT mommy’s than different.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

annabananna wrote:nooooo not a thread about afhf!!! i really like her!!! :DDD

I actually really do too! I’d say I’m 90-95 percent love her and 5-10 percent annoyed sometimes. Honestly I get good info from her videos so the other doesn’t bother me as much. I tend to get annoyed when she’s jumping on bandwagons....VEGAN! DOTERRA!! THE GOOD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! But, I give her credit for saying “hey guys, vegan wasn’t working out for our family at this time in our lives”. If I’m being nit picky, she says “actually” and “literally” in excessive amounts too. Lol.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

dahell wrote:

I actually really do too! I’d say I’m 90-95 percent love her and 5-10 percent annoyed sometimes. Honestly I get good info from her videos so the other doesn’t bother me as much. I tend to get annoyed when she’s jumping on bandwagons....VEGAN! DOTERRA!! THE GOOD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! But, I give her credit for saying “hey guys, vegan wasn’t working out for our family at this time in our lives”. If I’m being nit picky, she says “actually” and “literally” in excessive amounts too. Lol.
Exactly how I feel. I used to be very inspired by her (and Angie from This Gathered Nest). I found them over 3 years ago and thought wow those are moms I can learn from and look up to. There are just things they’ve done since then, and changes they’ve made, that made me fall from being a super fan. I still like them.
Anastasia2468
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Anastasia2468 »

I get antsy watching her....like I wanna give her a hand cleaning up and organizing. Granted she has a bunch of kids but I dunno everything always looks like such a mess all the time.....

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

HCB wrote:
dahell wrote:

Exactly how I feel. I used to be very inspired by her (and Angie from This Gathered Nest). I found them over 3 years ago and thought wow those are moms I can learn from and look up to. There are just things they’ve done since then, and changes they’ve made, that made me fall from being a super fan. I still like them.
Yes! I found Nicci about 4-5 years ago maybe. Angie I probably only started watching in the last year. I’m not a huge fan of daily vlogs, I just don’t have the time or interest. I like sit downs. I don’t know what happened. I don’t know if it was the whole “making YT into a job” or what. I know Nicci said she was going to start doing more sponsorships from products she already uses. I don’t fault people for making money from something they work at but it’s not always what I enjoy. And, omgosh, if Nicci and fam would have jumped onto the “RV” bandwagon I don’t know if I could have handled that trend! Lol. I know a couple people IRL doing that and their kids are less than enthused. I know if can be awesome but these large families, some of their kids are miserable.
annabananna
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annabananna »

dahell wrote:
HCB wrote:
dahell wrote: I actually really do too! I’d say I’m 90-95 percent love her and 5-10 percent annoyed sometimes. Honestly I get good info from her videos so the other doesn’t bother me as much. I tend to get annoyed when she’s jumping on bandwagons....VEGAN! DOTERRA!! THE GOOD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! But, I give her credit for saying “hey guys, vegan wasn’t working out for our family at this time in our lives”. If I’m being nit picky, she says “actually” and “literally” in excessive amounts too. Lol.
Yes! I found Nicci about 4-5 years ago maybe. Angie I probably only started watching in the last year. I’m not a huge fan of daily vlogs, I just don’t have the time or interest. I like sit downs. I don’t know what happened. I don’t know if it was the whole “making YT into a job” or what. I know Nicci said she was going to start doing more sponsorships from products she already uses. I don’t fault people for making money from something they work at but it’s not always what I enjoy. And, omgosh, if Nicci and fam would have jumped onto the “RV” bandwagon I don’t know if I could have handled that trend! Lol. I know a couple people IRL doing that and their kids are less than enthused. I know if can be awesome but these large families, some of their kids are miserable.
individuality goes out the window when you have 5-6-7+ kids all very close in age to each other...if you have one or two sensitive kiddos in the bunch (and with that many kids, you will have some) and they get treated like the rest of them, its not gonna sit well with them. its always very obvious, they are either the quiet introverted ones, or the ones acting out and being labeled with adhd or something like that

shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

I found Nikki probably 3 years ago and really like her too. I found her through Jammeril and actually like her better than Jammeril now. She went on Instagram live one night a month or so ago with her husband and all the kids after they had a big bbq night and she answered a bunch of my questions and the kids were all running around and the family came across really happy and she was just cool and down to earth. I think very few YouTube moms especially of large families would go live like that. She keeps it real for the most part and i appreciate that.

Return to “A-H”