OKBabyJustNotDaily | Part 21

MoonFace
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBabyJustNotDaily | Part 21

Unread post by MoonFace »

So just because oscar posted a video that means she doesn't have to post a vlog? What happened to trying to get a bunch of vids up?lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

MoonFace wrote:So just because oscar posted a video that means she doesn't have to post a vlog? What happened to trying to get a bunch of vids up?lol

I know.ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

shmimeathand wrote:I called it weeks ago that this secret video was just going to be Oscar buying the old man a gazebo, lol.
I’m actually surprised y’all liked this video concept(though I agree the video quality itself was good), it feels very “look at this good thing I did and praise me” like people who “pay it forward” just to post on Facebook for likes and comments....... why couldn’t Oscar help people without making it a video series and monetizing it......
Just my opinion I guess. It was uncomfortable to watch this old man cry with a strangers camera in his face.
I agree and disagree with you.

I think it’s more than just “buying a gazebo” because they built it as a team. The conversations, the frustrations, and the laughs they shared with each other were priceless moments.

I do agree that I got the vibe that this concept feels like a “look at me helping people!” and all of the praise but I do feel this project was genuine. It wasn’t meant to show off. It was meant to give Oscar purpose and a person their long awaited dream. Through this process, that narrative (while still true) did change as Oscar began to become a part of the building process and john’s excitement to be on camera.
queenb8291
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenb8291 »

We want an Oscar come back!!
kels0413
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kels0413 »

I loved oscar’s video! I think he did a wonderful thing. I didn’t get the vibe that he was wanting praise for helping someone. I feel like maybe he made a video to encourage others to get out and help people. Maybe I’m wrong. but I loved him in this video. I feel like he’s genuinely a good person, but he went through a rough patch there for a while and got depressed.

catabelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by catabelle »

chloe6124 wrote:
shmimeathand wrote:I called it weeks ago that this secret video was just going to be Oscar buying the old man a gazebo, lol.
I’m actually surprised y’all liked this video concept(though I agree the video quality itself was good), it feels very “look at this good thing I did and praise me” like people who “pay it forward” just to post on Facebook for likes and comments....... why couldn’t Oscar help people without making it a video series and monetizing it......
Just my opinion I guess. It was uncomfortable to watch this old man cry with a strangers camera in his face.
I didn’t get that at all. I could sense how proud Oscar was to help someone.

it was a little bit “look at meeee being so nice!!!” esp given the title is $10000 dream... why even mention the cost?
mommadrama01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommadrama01 »

I normally skip Oscars parts in the vlogs when I watch them, but I actually really liked his video he did. I mean the way I see it is maybe it will encourage others to do acts of kindness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
catabelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by catabelle »

chloe6124 wrote:

it was a little bit “look at meeee being so nice!!!” esp given the title is $10000 dream... why even mention the cost?
kkneedstogoaway
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kkneedstogoaway »

Wow...I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed all 25 minutes of that video!! The concept was such a wondeful one, and I agree that Oscar should make more like it. The good in him really came out through the whole thing, and it was nice seeing him so passionate, devoted, and productive. John (Jon?) was also very sweet man and nice to watch, I'm really glad he could have one of his dreams come true.

Oscar's editing is on-point too...I loved the very end when the shot transitioned from the empty gazebo to everyone walking into it for the bbq...I nearly choked up :')

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
ALeto90
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ALeto90 »

I loved it. I loved the documentary style he’s going for. The way I see it is if it shows others that have the means to maybe help someone out, then i don’t see the harm in him vlogging it. I assume he used their own money to put towards a good deed not just to wastefully spend it on bs (ahem KK ;)) You can tell it made him proud to do this and he was upbeat the entire time. I really enjoyed seeing this side of him and I hope he continues. Btw, what was up with the hardbody dude on his home screen!?!
Coco_
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Coco_ »

chloe6124 wrote:

same also he could use the money from his channel to help more people!
MoonFace
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MoonFace »

catabelle wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:

I don't think he put the cost to show off. I think he put it to grab viewers. "Click bait" as Kyra would call it even though it's not because it actually happened. Lol. It's not a bad thing it's just a marketing scheme you gotta sell your "product" (in this case get views) as much as you can.

sunce
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sunce »

MoonFace wrote:I don't think he put the cost to show off. I think he put it to grab viewers. "Click bait" as Kyra would call it even though it's not because it actually happened. Lol. It's not a bad thing it's just a marketing scheme you gotta sell your "product" (in this case get views) as much as you can.

I agree. And the money he gets from that video he can invest in other projects. It's not like money grows on trees so he can just spend 10 000 dollars like that. And obviously he wants to do more projects so he needs more money.
KKand3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KKand3boys »

Wow I never thought I would enjoy watching people building a gazebo for a half an hour, but that was really cool! I was smiling the whole time. Oscar's personality is perfect for this kind of a documentary style video. I hope he does more like these, and I hope he keeps in touch with John too because they had a really fun dynamic!
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I really enjoyed the gazebo vlog too. I don’t think Oscar did it for accolades at all, I think he really did want to help someone achieve a dream of theirs. And he seemed so happy the entire time that he was helping John. It really gave him a purpose and I think he got just as much out of it as John did. I liked that he gave 2 guys who needed a job some work too, even if it was only a couple of days work.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought it was really cool that John actually helped also. He didn’t just sit back and take the money for the gazebo and watch someone else do it. John put in his own sweat equity also.

Unread post by Guest »

staceybrax wrote:I really enjoyed the gazebo vlog too. I don’t think Oscar did it for accolades at all, I think he really did want to help someone achieve a dream of theirs. And he seemed so happy the entire time that he was helping John. It really gave him a purpose and I think he got just as much out of it as John did. I liked that he gave 2 guys who needed a job some work too, even if it was only a couple of days work.

I agree 100%. There is a lot to fault Oscar for, but this video isn't one of them. This was a great experience for him, for John and his wife, and it sets a great example for his kids, too.

I've never been an Oscar fan, but this video helped me see him in a different light.

I wonder if his secret skydiving footage was to help someone live their dream, too? (Unless we already found out what that was for? I only watch every few vlogs.)

ytmdlover27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ytmdlover27 »

spookymoe wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I really enjoyed the gazebo vlog too. I don’t think Oscar did it for accolades at all, I think he really did want to help someone achieve a dream of theirs. And he seemed so happy the entire time that he was helping John. It really gave him a purpose and I think he got just as much out of it as John did. I liked that he gave 2 guys who needed a job some work too, even if it was only a couple of days work.

I agree 100%. There is a lot to fault Oscar for, but this video isn't one of them. This was a great experience for him, for John and his wife, and it sets a great example for his kids, too.

I've never been an Oscar fan, but this video helped me see him in a different light.

I wonder if his secret skydiving footage was to help someone live their dream, too? (Unless we already found out what that was for? I only watch every few vlogs.)

True...never thought about it like that.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OKBabyJustNotDaily | Part 21

Omg you need to go watch Kyra’s IG Story. The basement in their old house is flooded. It’s pending so they still own it. That is horrible. That could totally make the buyer back out and they would be able to. Kyra and Oscar are going to be responsible to fix it. She says her and Oscar got in a huge fight and her dad got lost. Sounds like a rough day. Oh and no internet so can’t upload.

kayjay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kayjay »

chloe6124 wrote:Omg you need to go watch Kyra’s IG Story. The basement in their old house is flooded. It’s pending so they still own it. That is horrible. That could totally make the buyer back out and they would be able to. Kyra and Oscar are going to be responsible to fix it. She says her and Oscar got in a huge fight and her dad got lost. Sounds like a rough day. Oh and no internet so can’t upload.ImageImage

Don't other YouTubers bring wifi hotspots for this kind of situation?

Wonder what went down in the huge fightImage but yeah couples counseling would bring up too many issues right... Like is this not an issue, huge fights right before what's supposed to be a fun trip? Those poor kids.

I know people here are sometimes pretty anti-Oscar but I actually think he and the kids are the victims here. Kyra needs help for her mental health because these fights are obviously making him depressed. She herself said she has breakdowns daily. Oscar should leave her if this continues.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”