John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Thanks guys for explaining! I feel real stupid, had no idea that thing was a single mat lol
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

Even still those are typically for older babies who already have good head control and are working on strengthening their arms. My boppy has a tag on it that shows not to use it like that until 3 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

GymChick wrote:Vera is a super cute baby and doesn’t look like Maeve at all to me. I wonder if Joan was hoping for a Maeve look alike

I saw a reply to a comment the other day which (paraphrasing both comments) said they were glad Vera is her own person or something. Joan replied and said she agreed, because she was worried Vera would look too much like Maeve and it would be too hard.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

GetYouTubesTied wrote:Wtf is going on here? They've propped her up to be on a complete upward slope and put an additional pillow beneath her chest. If the baby can't tolerate tummy time on a carpet or other flat surface, Joan could try putting her on her chest (softer, warm and comforting). I've just never seen a setup like this lol.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 95fdcd.jpg[/img]
Is that a toilet paper roll under her hand?
Oops. I realized when I saw the other picture that it is the owl's eye.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

actuallydear wrote:
GymChick wrote:Vera is a super cute baby and doesn’t look like Maeve at all to me. I wonder if Joan was hoping for a Maeve look alike

I saw a reply to a comment the other day which (paraphrasing both comments) said they were glad Vera is her own person or something. Joan replied and said she agreed, because she was worried Vera would look too much like Maeve and it would be too hard.

She also commented she is upset John is going to work- do you think once reality sets in she will have PPD... can she handle this?
Gossipgirlygirl333
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gossipgirlygirl333 »

1000Words wrote:
actuallydear wrote:

She also commented she is upset John is going to work- do you think once reality sets in she will have PPD... can she handle this?
Could definitely see her getting PPD. She already has PTSD from Maeve's death. It'll become more apparent in the coming weeks I think. Right now she is riding on the high of having a newborn. Reality will hit soon and she will realize how difficult it is to raise a baby. I hope for her sake that Vera is an easy baby. There's no way she could handle a sick or colicky one.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

lmmomSD wrote:
GetYouTubesTied wrote:Wtf is going on here? They've propped her up to be on a complete upward slope and put an additional pillow beneath her chest. If the baby can't tolerate tummy time on a carpet or other flat surface, Joan could try putting her on her chest (softer, warm and comforting). I've just never seen a setup like this lol.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 95fdcd.jpg[/img]
Is that a toilet paper roll under her hand?
Oops. I realized when I saw the other picture that it is the owl's eye.

I know you weren't even trying to be funny but I loled! Safe to say there will be no love lost if we never have to lay eyes on that tummy time mat ever again Image
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Their latest ‘vlog’ upload has annoyed me. Why could Vera not get her own newborn photos taken without a photo of her deceased sibling in the background? Why? I really worry for Vera growing up and shouldering Joan’s obvious burden of grief! She’s going to grow up totally aware that she wasn’t the first, she wasn’t Maeve she was a replacement. That is totally how Joan views Vera. A replacement. Any normal, sane woman would NOT overshadow her daughters birth this much!

1000Words
Talker
Talker

Pineapples wrote:Their latest ‘vlog’ upload has annoyed me. Why could Vera not get her own newborn photos taken without a photo of her deceased sibling in the background? Why? I really worry for Vera growing up and shouldering Joan’s obvious burden of grief! She’s going to grow up totally aware that she wasn’t the first, she wasn’t Maeve she was a replacement. That is totally how Joan views Vera. A replacement. Any normal, sane woman would NOT overshadow her daughters birth this much!

John is in a completely different place... you could tell by that news story on them....
Joan Seems all giddy and happy but I truly Wonder what she’s like off camera at home... is this too much....does it re,ind ever of Maeve’s missing milestones?
Gossipgirlygirl333
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gossipgirlygirl333 »

Oh lord... in their latest vlog you can see Vera's head is completely SIDEWAYS in the baby car mirror. Either they aren't using the appropriate tilt in the carseat or that carseat is not meant for newborns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

OMG
Gossipgirlygirl333 wrote:Oh lord... in their latest vlog you can see Vera's head is completely SIDEWAYS in the baby car mirror. Either they aren't using the appropriate tilt in the carseat or that carseat is not meant for newborns.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

Gossipgirlygirl333 wrote:Oh lord... in their latest vlog you can see Vera's head is completely SIDEWAYS in the baby car mirror. Either they aren't using the appropriate tilt in the carseat or that carseat is not meant for newborns.
holy shit!
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Omg... praying for that poor little girl

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Unread post by GymChick »

Also hate her baby carrier sling, you technically shouldn’t wear babies in a cradle position, it’s not ergonomic and will hurt their back. Should be upright in a froggy position. Like in a stretchy wrap, ring sling or SSC. I honestly expected her to be like a super safe mom because of Maeve so I’m a bit shocked. But then I thought about the fact that she hasn’t held any babies since Maeve and she most likely blocked all mommy fb groups, baby wearing groups, car seat safety fb groups because they made her depressed

cheesecakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cheesecakes »

That is 100% an infant car seat.

The base may not be installed level though. However, when they had the car seat on the picnic table, John tried to straighten her head and her head just flopped back to the side, and the car seat technically would be sufficiently reclined on its own on a flat surface.
6B998B60-65C8-45F5-8B75-67A866D690C8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cheesecakes wrote:
That is 100% an infant car seat.

The base may not be installed level though. However, when they had the car seat on the picnic table, John tried to straighten her head and her head just flopped back to the side, and the car seat technically would be sufficiently reclined on its own on a flat surface.
6B998B60-65C8-45F5-8B75-67A866D690C8.jpeg
Maybe it's the right car seat, but she's not in it right? Like maybe she needs to skootch down a little?
Bet they blew off any attempt by hospital staff to give them car seat safety tips.

TheOneWhoBlogs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by TheOneWhoBlogs »

((comment so I get notifications on this thread.Meep.))
4/14/17
1/1/18
9/10/18
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

They are using a Baby Trend car seat which is absolutely not recommended. It is a crappy seat.

That poor baby. You would think she would be overprotective.
start-the-fire
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by start-the-fire »

In some cars, the actual seats slope too much towards the back. When I had newborns we were told to either tightly roll a towel and place in under the base, where the seat meets the back of the seat, or a pool noodle. This is a common issue and these are suggested even from professional installers. I may not be explaining it clearly but Google I'm sure can help with photos. Many hospitals, police station and fire station have certified car seat techs that will install them for you. Without an extra "lift" many will lean to far forward. I hope they look into remedying this asap, it is NOT a personal insult at all.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
1000Words
Talker
Talker

nutbagmcgee wrote:They are using a Baby Trend car seat which is absolutely not recommended. It is a crappy seat.

That poor baby. You would think she would be overprotective.
I know they have another car seat they had a purple one in a different vlog - How does she not know that the head tilted sideways or against her chest could actually kill her child. And the straps oh my God. And then on top of that the baby sling. I am actually praying that her or John comes on here and sees this and realizes they need to get a baby wrap or put the baby in an ergo because that is so incredibly unsafe actually looked like she could fall out not to mention her positioning

Return to “Ellie and Jared”