8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

I loved seeing all the negative comments about Russel and how he shouldn't be awarded for his constant whining and meltdowns. I'm surprised Ruby hasn't addressed it yet and defended him again like she normally does every time she get's a ton of complaints about him being such a baby. I honestly think the instagram story with Russell smiling into the camera holding up his middle finger was her way of responding to all the comments. She said it was "showing off his ouchie" or something like that but I think it was her way of saying FU to all of us.

And also, what is with all the youtubers and their free handouts constantly? They earn plenty of money, go buy it yourself! I'm so sick and tired of them getting free stuff. Ruby today plugged an app called Family Tree and commented "I should do some sort of sponsorship with this app, I love it so much" She acts like any company would be so lucky to have her to work with. Do these youtubers really think they are famous? They might be known in parts of Utah where they live, but they act like they are all Gods gift to the world. Ruby, Bonnie, and Ellie are the WORST!!
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

username320 wrote:
kates_crush wrote:I don't see what the benefit is to have your child be two years older than everyone else in their grade. He will be 19/20 when he graduates high school.
I believe that Russell will be in 1st grade at the private school, so he will be graduating at 18.
okay thank you, I thought she was putting him in kindergarten again
poor guy, I think I'm the only one who feels bad for him when he has his meltdowns... it's not his fault, I honestly believe he needs behavioral therapy. The whole freakout over the bike wasn't coming from a bad place, he honestly just got over stimulated by the amount of change (a bigger bike/fear of not being able to ride it) and by the fact that he is easily brought to a heightened emotional state over things we see as not a big deal. He breaks down into tears over things other children his age wouldn't, that right there is a red flag that he needs therapy.
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

going down a river on an inflatable ring is the hardest thing they’ve ever done? they’re so lucky to have these opportunities they could at least attempt to enjoy them instead of crying because the water is too cold. I would have loved to have done that when I was younger - the closest thing I did was canoe down a freezing British river when I was 8/9 and HAD to jump into the water. It was a cold and miserable day but I would definitely do it again. I hope these kids grow some more confidence because they all have so much potential
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Tiger27 wrote:Wow I haven’t been watching the vlogs but just saw Ruby’s instastory. Their entire yard, front and back is gone!! I’m sorry but I seriously don’t understand the point of staying in this house and “making it work” when they are going to such extremes like this. I know some youtubers are criticized for moving to a bigger house when the money starts rolling in but I say hey, more power to you. We know they have the money, their channel is very well performing compared to others with less subs/views who all seem to live way more extravagant lifestyles. On one hand it’s commendable to not be frivolous with money but it sure seems like they are dumping a ton of money into a mediocre house that doesn’t deserve such upgrades and isn’t even ideal for their family size/makeup. A new house or building a house would have made great vlog content too. Instead they bought a big chunk of land and plan to build on it and 10-20 years? Why not buy/build a nice forever home on a nice piece of property now! One that could serve their family for decades and would not require a trip to go use. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of all the youtubers who have upgraded their living situation, 8 passengers is the family that need it a lot! Chad and Russell are quite far apart in age and they have no privacy because their bedroom is so small. The same for the girls but they’re closer in age. They definitely need more space! Why do they need a library AND a TV room downstairs, they could add at least two bedrooms in the basement if they didn’t want to move! And instead of having a library, they could just use the music room as the more formal hangout.

username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

SunnySide0 wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:Wow I haven’t been watching the vlogs but just saw Ruby’s instastory. Their entire yard, front and back is gone!! I’m sorry but I seriously don’t understand the point of staying in this house and “making it work” when they are going to such extremes like this. I know some youtubers are criticized for moving to a bigger house when the money starts rolling in but I say hey, more power to you. We know they have the money, their channel is very well performing compared to others with less subs/views who all seem to live way more extravagant lifestyles. On one hand it’s commendable to not be frivolous with money but it sure seems like they are dumping a ton of money into a mediocre house that doesn’t deserve such upgrades and isn’t even ideal for their family size/makeup. A new house or building a house would have made great vlog content too. Instead they bought a big chunk of land and plan to build on it and 10-20 years? Why not buy/build a nice forever home on a nice piece of property now! One that could serve their family for decades and would not require a trip to go use. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Of all the youtubers who have upgraded their living situation, 8 passengers is the family that need it a lot! Chad and Russell are quite far apart in age and they have no privacy because their bedroom is so small. The same for the girls but they’re closer in age. They definitely need more space! Why do they need a library AND a TV room downstairs, they could add at least two bedrooms in the basement if they didn’t want to move! And instead of having a library, they could just use the music room as the more formal hangout.

I agree they should have invested in a new house, but Ruby said there were issues with heating the basement level and that's why they they can't have anyone down there.
janett345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janett345 »

Russell seriously has issues. Ruby uploaded a pic on insta for the 4th of July and Russell looks like he purposely stomped on Eve's foot. I wouldn't be suprised if the new school says that grade 1 is too hard for Russell (not only intellectually but emotionally) and that he has to go down to kindy.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

janett345 wrote:Russell seriously has issues. Ruby uploaded a pic on insta for the 4th of July and Russell looks like he purposely stomped on Eve's foot. I wouldn't be suprised if the new school says that grade 1 is too hard for Russell (not only intellectually but emotionally) and that he has to go down to kindy.
The private school seems so strict to, he'll have to adjust so quickly, I'm honestly worried for him.
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

username320 wrote:
SunnySide0 wrote:

I agree they should have invested in a new house, but Ruby said there were issues with heating the basement level and that's why they they can't have anyone down there.
Well, she has a big family, instead of getting a patio a makeover, improve the basement and have more rooms for the kids to sleep and have privacy. OMG, those people are weird.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They were trying to buy a lot about a year ago to build a new house, but didn't get the financing. They had even taken the kids over, and filmed it saying "This is where our new house is going to be!" And they were pretty disappointed when it fell through.
Funny-- it wasn't very long after that that she left the beans cooking and went out, and the beans burned and she needed a kitchen renovation. Hmmmm.Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kates_crush wrote:
username320 wrote:
kates_crush wrote:I don't see what the benefit is to have your child be two years older than everyone else in their grade. He will be 19/20 when he graduates high school.
I believe that Russell will be in 1st grade at the private school, so he will be graduating at 18.
okay thank you, I thought she was putting him in kindergarten again
poor guy, I think I'm the only one who feels bad for him when he has his meltdowns... it's not his fault, I honestly believe he needs behavioral therapy. The whole freakout over the bike wasn't coming from a bad place, he honestly just got over stimulated by the amount of change (a bigger bike/fear of not being able to ride it) and by the fact that he is easily brought to a heightened emotional state over things we see as not a big deal. He breaks down into tears over things other children his age wouldn't, that right there is a red flag that he needs therapy.
I think the rest of us are concerned about Russell. I'm assuming it's generally meant that it's his parents' fault that he is unable to handle frustration when people post about his behavior. They don't help him, and reward tantrums by giving in. I'm not saying he should be "punished" for his behavior, but he needs discipline and probably therapy. He isn't likely to get the therapy, poor kid. He's a Griffiths kid. Smile and pretend everything is awesome. Heavenly Father wants happy people! (Not blaming their being Mormon-- blaming their particular interpretation of being Mormon)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
theoutback

Unread post by theoutback »

Anyone else notice the insane lack of seat belt use in today's video? Eve again wasn't in her car seat and Abby was walking around in the car while they were driving. Like there was no way Ruby didn't notice this while filming and she didn't do anything.
vineyardvines00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vineyardvines00 »

SunnySide0 wrote:

honestly if i was ruby id close off the music room for a bedroom for abby and julie, freeing up the other rooms for shari and chad to have their own rooms and eve and russell to share
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

vineyardvines00 wrote:
SunnySide0 wrote:

honestly if i was ruby id close off the music room for a bedroom for abby and julie, freeing up the other rooms for shari and chad to have their own rooms and eve and russell to share
I would not have Eve and Russel share.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

vineyardvines00 wrote:
SunnySide0 wrote:

I would not have Eve and Russel share.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

username320 wrote:
Oh oops, that's good then, I totally missed that!!!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

jiggy_girl wrote:Russell clearly has problems - it's probably because he sees Eve doing very similar things and getting away with it!
Also - did this woman just say in the latest vlog she used to eat RAW pasta?!?!?! :? :? no wonder that family's nutrition is so awful when she's doing things like that
oh some other YouTuber feeds raw pasta to her kids on camera I think.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

It's interesting to me what gets the viewers all riled up. I mean, I do think Ruby was hard on Abby during the bike ride, but there has been so much other problematic stuff on their channel (and others) that goes unmentioned or barely noticed. I wonder if it's a product of the viewers being very young and reacting to sibling stuff more strongly and/or that other negative comments just get deleted. I don't know but it just really didn't seem all that awful to me.
vineyardvines00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by vineyardvines00 »

it was another example of ruby being abusive emotionally and narcissistic to her kids, thats why her kids are uptight and miserable too, she needs to relax
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

Wow, they are so prude. Why don't they just tell the whole story. I don't know if it's common in the US, but here in The Netherlands it's taught from a young age.
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... e9ab63.png[/img]

Creepiest photo I have seen in a while.

Return to “8 Passengers”