John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: John and Joan: 11 Hours of Pushing Lies | Part 3

Unread post by lmmomSD »

SassySassenach wrote:Oh, & Vera’s blanket has foxes... I swear she can’t just let one moment pass that she isn’t pushing Maeve into the photo in some way.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 2e99c0.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And don't forget the fox hanging from the car seat...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Yes u have to go to a pediatric dentist to even diagnose a tongue or lip tie, then if they have the equipment they can do the procedure or they refer you to a ENT dr to have the procedure done! Very normal and great they are getting it checked!

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

What is she going to do if Vera doesn’t have red hair? From what I can tell she appears blonde. I wonder if that upsets her. I have no doubt she was desperately hoping for a twin of Maeve.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

What is she going to do if Vera doesn’t have red hair? From what I can tell she appears blonde. I wonder if that upsets her. I have no doubt she was desperately hoping for a twin of Maeve.

blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

I'm new to their videos, and have watched tons of their videos in the past week.

I have a few questions:
1) What is the significance of the fox and how does it relate to Maeve?

2) Do they plan on having any more children/ have they said?

Also, Joan is not well. Her story breaks my heart, but i truly worry that she is not mentally stable enough to raise Vera.
bobloblawslawblog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bobloblawslawblog »

Thank God she'll take /some/ advice! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... bacadb.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... c37d00.jpg[/img]

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

Pineapples wrote:I think it’s entirely inappropriate for Instagram! You can almost her entire pubic mound, and as gorgeous as newborn baby bottoms are, they should not be shared with anyone other than very immediate family! What is wrong with this woman!!

Not to mention I hate That babies can’t give consent to having their parts shown...
If she wanted to show her CS area good for her... she didn’t have to almost show her whole pubic region OR Vera without her consent- she doesn’t know who follows her
5Twist98
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 5Twist98 »

blondeusa wrote:I'm new to their videos, and have watched tons of their videos in the past week.

I have a few questions:
1) What is the significance of the fox and how does it relate to Maeve?

2) Do they plan on having any more children/ have they said?

Also, Joan is not well. Her story breaks my heart, but i truly worry that she is not mentally stable enough to raise Vera.
Before Maeve's birth John bought the fox stuff animal.
I think Vera was their last embryo.
DreamLead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DreamLead »

Man, Joan just will not let Maeve rest in peace. You're finally a mom now, focus on your only child.. Vera. She's here, she's alive and she needs you. Let Maeve go, cherish the memory of her and be thankful you were given a second chance. MANYY people have been through more grief than you will ever experience in your life Joan. We get it, your fetus died, but man it's been 3 years.. move on with your life. Change your lock screen, put vera first in your bio, change your profile picture.. M O V E O N.
1000Words
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1000Words »

I’m sad for Vera... she will literally always know her mother wishes for her sister. She will feel inadequate.
Joan may even make Vera unstable by putting that grief onto her. Vera does not know Maeve. She could literally grow up normal. Joan will make sure she grows up knowing how much she’s missing out on by not having her big sister here. It seems so detrimental and abusive to me.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

1000Words wrote:I’m sad for Vera... she will literally always know her mother wishes for her sister. She will feel inadequate.
Joan may even make Vera unstable by putting that grief onto her. Vera does not know Maeve. She could literally grow up normal. Joan will make sure she grows up knowing how much she’s missing out on by not having her big sister here. It seems so detrimental and abusive to me.
Couldn't agree more.

Vera's first word will be Maeve.

And when Vera goes to visit Santa at the store, he'll say "what would you like for Christmas, little one?" and she'll say "I want my sister Maeve to be alive, because I want Mommy to be happy".

The fact that this even comes to mind, and will likely have multiple people nodding in agreement - people who have followed Joan for a while - should say enough for her behaviour.

John, if you're still reading -- take note of this. No one wishes harm on anyone in your family, we want you all to be happy... but none of you will be while Joan is not allowing herself to move forward.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

SA1023 wrote:
Edenberry wrote:Something feels "off". I don't know, I'm getting a strange vibe from these posts. Almost manic and obsessive from Joan. She's desperately grasping for ways to still make everything about Maeve. I don't know how to articulate how I feel about her posts except that I'm deeply concerned about her sanity.
She just posted a pic of her phone screen in her story of Maeve. I get where she is sad and misses her,but she has a living daughter at her finger tips she should focus on. I can see a few years down the road her and John splitting and him having custody of Vera. I'm concerned for her and the baby as well. Scary.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
I actually came here just to post exact same thing. I find it super odd that she needs a daily (hourly) reminder of her diseased baby. Every single time when she needs her phone, that's what she's gonna see. I understand having pictures on display and so on, but she should totally cherish her new baby and make almost everything about her, not her stillborn.
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Playsinrain wrote:On her story she has Vera at the dentist... maybe i'm old school, but doesn't a baby at least need teeth to be in need of a dental appt? I have never heard of taking a newborn to the dentist...
ETA: Lip/tongue tie issues?? Is that done by a dentist?
Yup. Either done by a dentist or ENT. Not many do it but my son’s was corrected by a dentist. Where I live the dentist was the only one in the area that used a laser which was supposed to be better for his type of tongue tie.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

DreamLead wrote:Man, Joan just will not let Maeve rest in peace. You're finally a mom now, focus on your only child.. Vera. She's here, she's alive and she needs you. Let Maeve go, cherish the memory of her and be thankful you were given a second chance. MANYY people have been through more grief than you will ever experience in your life Joan. We get it, your fetus died, but man it's been 3 years.. move on with your life. Change your lock screen, put vera first in your bio, change your profile picture.. M O V E O N.
This. She thinks she won the Pain Olympics, but how many women never get to take a baby home and suffer multiple losses? She has NO perspective. She puts down other women who share their grief with her. And she has so much to be thankful for, not just Vera-- she has a beautiful home. A supportive husband, who has a job. She has a job, even if she chooses not to go back to it. She had prenatal care, and never goes to bed hungry. And Vera isn't likely to. She has thousands of followers who think she's beautiful and brave.
It just pisses me off when people are so blind to their blessings. Gratitude can really change your day. Every time I am feeling bad about my life, I think about all the homeless people in my town-- and there are a LOT of them. Sure makes me feel better about things I don't like. I am not a saint. But I know how important it is to be grateful for what you do have. And she isn't.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I’m sure at first Joan though everyone was haters when she was disabling comments and deleting Pics but it think she actually did some real googling and realized not everyone with advice is a hater. I still think it’s crazy that she didn’t already know about all the baby carry and car seat safety, the way she always talked about motherhood and Maeve- if it just seemed like she was involved in the mom community and I figured she was educated about a lot of things. By one of their recent blogs I watched Joan and John didn’t even realize that babies didn’t smile and react right away, and didn’t know about the startle reflex lol.

But I guess I should have known she would be uneducated, I remember one of her IG posts of Maeve turning one she of course wrote an essay about how she imagine Maeve’s day would have been and she said Maeve would have asked “more birthday cake” or something like that lol and I was like wow if my 12 month old could say that it would be amazing lol she actually thought a 12 month old could speak small sentences [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... eee377.png[/img]

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I can’t stand her voice. She sounds like a 95 year old, out of breath grandma.
LCCS225
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LCCS225 »

As a mom who has lost a baby and also a mom who went through severe postpartum depression following the birth of my first baby, I really have given Joan the benefit of the doubt. I have been nothing but supportive of her journey.

Yesterday, I commented on her Instagram of the C-section scar that there is no reason to "rate" other people's pain, that we all process and handle grief differently. It was not disrespectful in ANY way. Well. She instantly blocked me. I am shocked--she and I have actually communicated over Instagram in the past and like that, she blocked me. I really worry she is mentally unstable. I also think she is a spoiled child who cannot stand to have anyone dare to question HER pain and HER loss. For the first time, I feel sorry for John and worried for Vera.
here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

I am not sure what I am more irritated with at the moment:
1. Joan's Pain Olympics commentary on the photo
or
2. The photo itself and that Instagram refused to remove it for nudity. I reported it. And I know many others did. There is nothing remotely beautiful or touching about that photo. It is inappropriate.

If it was simply about the scar, she could have cropped the photo A LOT more. But she didn't. She used it on purpose to rile people up. I had high hopes that Joan would give birth to Vera and be reborn herself into a happier and more mentally stable person now that she has a living child. Oh how wrong I was, unfortunately. That child deserves a mom that is present and puts her first. Thankfully she has a dad who does that. Joan is setting up her child to resent her later in life. I will be shocked if Joan and John's marriage survive this.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

actuallydear wrote:Yeah, what the actual HELL. That picture is definitely NSFW. You can see her entire mons pubis and Vera's butt. Not appropriate.

But don't get me started on the caption. She puts the 'me' in 'Maeve'... and the 'I' in 'grief'.

I was hoping she would use this new beginning to start a new beginning, but nope. Here comes Joan, pushing down every other competitor in the Pain Olympics so she can win the golden Grief medal.

She needs to move on. Grief and hardship don't need to be her identity anymore. If her followers want that because they're in a place that she was just before Vera was born, well, they can go back and read those old posts or unfollow and find some new loss mom's.

Joan needs to focus solely on Vera. Because she is alive and needs her mom's full attention.
I thought the photo was very inapropriate, And I think as far as pain Olympics goes she wins the gold medal. I couldn't really get the gist of her post.

I too came upon a post a while back of moms who feel cheated and can't get past the fact their births (live births) didn't go their way and they use the word "grief" to describe the experience. To define "grief" : Deep sorrow, especially caused by someone's death" to me if you come out with a healthy baby using that term to describe your birth experience or feelings about it afterward is the craziest thing.

Whether or not your baby comes out the trap door or sun roof you've given birth. You're a woman no matter what.

Some are just so high on their birth plan they get upset when something has to change. Years go by and they have these beautiful babies but can't let go their births didn't go the way they wanted.

Has anyone seen the Lifetime show "One born every minute"?
notclever
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by notclever »

LCCS225 wrote:As a mom who has lost a baby and also a mom who went through severe postpartum depression following the birth of my first baby, I really have given Joan the benefit of the doubt. I have been nothing but supportive of her journey.

Yesterday, I commented on her Instagram of the C-section scar that there is no reason to "rate" other people's pain, that we all process and handle grief differently. It was not disrespectful in ANY way. Well. She instantly blocked me. I am shocked--she and I have actually communicated over Instagram in the past and like that, she blocked me. I really worry she is mentally unstable. I also think she is a spoiled child who cannot stand to have anyone dare to question HER pain and HER loss. For the first time, I feel sorry for John and worried for Vera.
Same! She blocked me for my comment too and I was respectful to her. I just didn't agree with her. I even told her I was happy that Vera was here safely and that both her AND Maeve were lovely.

I have tried to not judge her because I don't understand what's she going through but it's clear she lost friends because she can't stand hearing any sort of criticism. It's very sad. I am glad that John seems to be so happy because I think Vera will need him if Joan can't wake up. I really think she's been sad so long she doesn't know how to just be happy.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”