True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Prompted Passengers | Part 8

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Ducklings4 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... e9ab63.png[/img]

Creepiest photo I have seen in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s all take a second to imagine one f Kevin’s students finding this photo.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Tiger27 wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... e9ab63.png[/img]

Creepiest photo I have seen in a while.

Let’s all take a second to imagine one f Kevin’s students finding this photo.

So many memes lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry, not sorry. Patrick Swayze and Deni Moore they aren't. At all.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
charmed596
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by charmed596 »

Isn’t their target audience a little too young for a ghost reenactment
f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

LMAO, I don't follow on IG and only saw the picture here where caption is cut off. I'm old enough to remember "Ghost" but I totally missed that is what they were going for! My first reaction was WTF, why?/second hand embarrassment & my opinion hasn't changed lol. I, too, threw up in my mouth a little.

Another thing to ponder...

Of course the Orgill's did this too at their church's family camp. Church.Family.Camp...Ummm...

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

And on today's "episode", the entire vlog is spent covering an hour of their day while at the rec. center in which Eve tells Ruby she is peeing into the community pool and Ruby just laughs and lets her continue swimming in the pool. Ruby just get's worse as worse every day. Thank goodness for hooktube or else I would not be watching. I refuse to give them a view (money) and support them. It's like I'm watching a trainwreck and can't seem to stop even though I want to.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

charmed596 wrote:Isn’t their target audience a little too young for a ghost reenactment
Probably don't even know what it is supposed to be.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
jiggy_girl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jiggy_girl »

I know I'm a little late, but all children should be taught the proper names and to not be prudish about their genitals - because if they're taught it's a secret & someone is to (god forbid) molest them etc., and they've been taught that their genitals are private, they won't know to tell anyone that what happened, happened.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

jiggy_girl wrote:I know I'm a little late, but all children should be taught the proper names and to not be prudish about their genitals - because if they're taught it's a secret & someone is to (god forbid) molest them etc., and they've been taught that their genitals are private, they won't know to tell anyone that what happened, happened.
I don't know if Ruby did, but she probably avoided showing it on youtube for monetizaiton/ respect for other parents if she did use the proper names.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Russell is SEVEN?!

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

SunnySide0 wrote:Russell is SEVEN?!

Is he actually?!? Omg he acts like he’s 4

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

I went back to the vlog where Julie is turning 7 because that was when I started watching this family ( I used to like them!) and I wanted to compare 7 year old Julie to 7 year old Russel.

While she is clearly way more mature Russel is today, I was surprised by a different aspect of the video.

- At one point all the younger kids (Abby included) are having a meltdown over getting new pillows. It's a happy/over-excited meltdown, very similar to the emotional reactions we see Russel having these days. I didn't really remember the other kids having these. Hopefully that means he will grow out of them soon.

- In the middle of the video Ruby praises Kevin for like 3 minutes over the fact that he bought Julie a present from BYU's bookstore "all on his own" (it's not even wrapped). This shows how incredibly detached Kevin has been with his kids. It should not be in any way remarkable that a parent thought to buy a present for their child on their birthday. It is obvious from the fact that he got it at the campus bookstore that it wasn't very well thought through and executed even.

- At around the 10:00 minute mark Abby and Julie are talking to grandma Griff on the phone and they keep going on about how happy they are that they got socks for Julie's birthday since all of their socks have holes in them.

My how this family has changed in two years. Being happy to get socks (and bedding) that you will have to share with your sister for your birthday is not quite where they are at anymore.

Finally I don't undestand why they're re-doing the yard during the summer vacation. This way the kids can't play outside at all. If they'd done it while they were still in school (or postponed it until August/September) they would be able to play outside during the long summer days.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Format error - Krypto
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

It’s crazy to me that Russel is 7. Perri from The Leroy’s is also 7 and they are on completely different levels maturity wise!
ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

Don’t you get in trouble with the law if your child is not in school at 7? I know some states don’t require kindergarten, but mine does. Maybe Utah doesn’t require kindergarten. Either way, he does not seem like a first grader, so I’m not sure how school will go for the little guy.

username320
Amateur
Amateur

ptumey wrote:Don’t you get in trouble with the law if your child is not in school at 7? I know some states don’t require kindergarten, but mine does. Maybe Utah doesn’t require kindergarten. Either way, he does not seem like a first grader, so I’m not sure how school will go for the little guy.

He was in Kindergarten last year, and will be in first grade this year.
bbaby18
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bbaby18 »

Lolislol26 wrote:It’s crazy to me that Russel is 7. Perri from The Leroy’s is also 7 and they are on completely different levels maturity wise!
Perri is so effing cute.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

ptumey wrote:Don’t you get in trouble with the law if your child is not in school at 7? I know some states don’t require kindergarten, but mine does. Maybe Utah doesn’t require kindergarten. Either way, he does not seem like a first grader, so I’m not sure how school will go for the little guy.

I don't think they get into trouble since I think that in USA people are free to home-school their kids if they want to do so.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I feel like he was in public school last year. Maybe it was half-day? I'm pretty sure he wasn't home the whole time. God I hope I'm right about that!
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Kryptonite wrote:
Kataja wrote:

I don't think they get into trouble since I think that in USA people are free to home-school their kids if they want to do so.
You have to provide proof that your child is receiving education whether it's via homeschool, public school, an online charter school, etc. and that this education meets the required benchmarks.

Thankfully Ruby is sending Russell to private school this fall. I'm not sure him staying home with her any longer or being in a homeschool environment will benefit him. :( He should've been sent to public/private school sooner, IMO.

_________

#StayPuffy
In Utah I do not believe the state monitors homeschooling. Look at Daniell from The Tannerites for an example. Also, that’s how The Order (polygamist group in Utah) gets away with the child abuse and not following child labor laws.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Russell was in half day kindergarten last year, and will be in first this year.

Return to “8 Passengers”