Bonnie Hoellein: Flying In A Rage Against Those Who Pay My Wage | Part 17

snkjdgs
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by snkjdgs »

I wonder if the reason there are no pics of Bonnie in the cookbook is because she vetoed the pics that were taken because she did not look good in them.

Another observation/thought. Does anyone else think that Bonnie is trying to be more like the 8Passengers (her sister's) channel; and she is doing stupid, gross and crazy things like having her kids lick her armpit with the goal of bringing in younger viewers like her sister Ruby's channel that has taken off this past year with views and subscribers.

Also why would her sister Julie send her daughter Emma to Joel and Bonnie's home without any clothes? Bonnie had to buy her some clothes to wear at Walmart.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

Ducklings4 wrote: Why don’t they tell Lincoln you can’t sleep in the tent until you use the potty and lose the binky, oh yeah they want him to play the part of a 1 year old for the vlogs.
interesting. i wonder how much their babying of him isn’t because they’re sad he’s their last child, but instead because they know family vlogs do better with younger children and they’re trying to hold onto that for as long as possible. it would not surprise me if that was the case
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

snkjdgs wrote:I wonder if the reason there are no pics of Bonnie in the cookbook is because she vetoed the pics that were taken because she did not look good in them.

Another observation/thought. Does anyone else think that Bonnie is trying to be more like the 8Passengers (her sister's) channel; and she is doing stupid, gross and crazy things like having her kids lick her armpit with the goal of bringing in younger viewers like her sister Ruby's channel that has taken off this past year with views and subscribers.

Also why would her sister Julie send her daughter Emma to Joel and Bonnie's home without any clothes? Bonnie had to buy her some clothes to wear at Walmart.
I'm not sure about if this theory works with their dely or not.
They could have brought Emma home with them from the lake. It's possible Julie didn't plan on sending Emma to Bonnie's house so she was unprepared.

Bonnie seems like a really sweet sister. She's extra sensitive to her sisters right after they have a baby.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

winniewise wrote:
snkjdgs wrote:I wonder if the reason there are no pics of Bonnie in the cookbook is because she vetoed the pics that were taken because she did not look good in them.

I'm not sure about if this theory works with their dely or not.
They could have brought Emma home with them from the lake. It's possible Julie didn't plan on sending Emma to Bonnie's house so she was unprepared.

Bonnie seems like a really sweet sister. She's extra sensitive to her sisters right after they have a baby.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
I think that is probably the case. Julie was probably not planning to send Emma to Bonnie. If I remember correctly, they also said that they like to pack light when they go to their sisters, like they can do some laundry etc.
I think Bonnie is actually sweet to her nieces and nephews. I remember old old vlog where Ellie was actually interacting with Bonnie's older kids. I was so surprised because nowadays you don't see Ellie interacting with kids. Barely with her own.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Bonnie does seem to be a good Aunt to the kids. I find it strange with all the space in Ellie and Jared’s Home, they never have any nieces or nephews there unless Bonnie or Julie are there, too. Even Jackson’s friends are never at their house, it’s always Jackson and Calvin playing over the friends house. I have a feeling that the other husbands , Joel, Kevin, Landon are over Jared’s immature, screaming, “this is great” behavior! They all seem like calm men, and Jared is just over bearing. Joel is a good, fun, fair father and uncle and the kids respond to that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I so don't want to watch today. "Mukbang with Ellie and Jared"? What about that sounds interesting?
I don't understand the appeal to begin with, and watching these four eat and talk is just not on my list of things to do today.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Candy0704
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Candy0704 »

Anyone know who Mr. Stark is that Jared mentions in today's Mukbang vlog? They all passed over it real quick.
theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

Agreed. I will be skipping today's video as well. Between Olivia's b-day haul and now the MukBang video, what a lame week for vlogs :? But they probably don't care.

I want to mention something from yesterday's video because this is the second time this has happened in a short amount of time. I don't have a problem with the kids spending their money, it's their money, I don't care. But does each kid need to buy five boxes/bags of candy in one trip? That's excessive. I think that could have been a good lesson to them in moderation, or saving money, or something. But, those kids are either going to eat all that candy at once, or it's just going to waste. Let them spend their money, but give them limits, and teach them to be happy with one box of candy or whatever they want to spend it on.
Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

lmmomSD wrote:I so don't want to watch today. "Mukbang with Ellie and Jared"? What about that sounds interesting?
I don't understand the appeal to begin with, and watching these four eat and talk is just not on my list of things to do today.

They started talking about vomiting stories while they ate, and they all ate out of the same containers, gross

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Expect another crying “losing weight is hard” video from Bonnie next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KayCeeee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KayCeeee »

I'm really trying to be supportive of Bonnie's extensive new exercise routine but watching her paired eating habits is unreal. If her goal is weight loss, (which is just an assumption) how can you expect to see any results when you're working out 5-6 days a week and then eating an enormous Panda Express meal? Not to mention their meal consisted of ALL carbs: breaded chicken, noodles, bread, egg rolls, mac n' cheese. They literally joked about not touching the salad and jokingly smacked it off the table. I'm really not trying to be mean and pick on their (inarguably bad) eating habits but of COURSE you're going to be frustrated when you continue to put crap into your body and work out intensely. It's just very baffling. :?
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Punkincookie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I so don't want to watch today. "Mukbang with Ellie and Jared"? What about that sounds interesting?

They started talking about vomiting stories while they ate, and they all ate out of the same containers, gross

I was like these are adults with children of their own and they are sitting around the table telling puke stories!! Plus 27 minutes of them rattling on! Guess this camping trip and family reunion is why they have really been lazy with the vlogs this week especially.

Bonnie(I think) mentioned they wouldn't be eating out of the same containers if they had a cold sore or was sick kind of confirmed to me that they do read posts here.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Unbelievable. Four grown adults sitting around the table, eating non-stop out of the same containers, talking with their mouths full and of course their digestive problems. Am I in the twilight zone? What was the purpose of this, free food from local restaurants? I was glad that Bonnie fed her kids fruit and yogurt for dinner though while she stuffed her face - smh.
Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

ba1006 wrote:Unbelievable. Four grown adults sitting around the table, eating non-stop out of the same containers, talking with their mouths full and of course their digestive problems. Am I in the twilight zone? What was the purpose of this, free food from local restaurants? I was glad that Bonnie fed her kids fruit and yogurt for dinner though while she stuffed her face - smh.
Probably for the views since mukbangs are popular on YouTube. Watching them do it was ridiculous.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

She really has no reason to complain about her weight and stuff when she posts a video eating 3 different meals from unhealthy restaurants.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

It’s speculated that Ellie has an ED, but it really wouldn’t shock me if Bonnie had another form of ED. Considering she’s always been “bigger” than the rest of the girls and she seems to have always been teased about it, it wouldn’t be hard for disordered thinking to take route.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:It’s speculated that Ellie has an ED, but it really wouldn’t shock me if Bonnie had another form of ED. Considering she’s always been “bigger” than the rest of the girls and she seems to have always been teased about it, it wouldn’t be hard for disordered thinking to take route.
Yeah, over-eating is also a problem. It is in a way ''self-medication''. Lot of over-weight people I know have also another issues related to mental health and the eating is only way to feel good about themselves. (I hope no one gets here upset about this statement. This is just what I have observed.) Bonnie is like the other extreme.

My trainer told me, about 90% your fitness is eating and 10% exercising. So good exercise cannot compensate excessive eating, but if you control your eating, you don't have to work out excessively to maintain your healthy figure.
So basically Bonnie can exercise the crap out of herself and see basically no results if she eats that way. However, I've noticed within myself that more I exercise, more I can control my excessive eating and sugar tooth. i fell actually less hungry.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

You don’t have to work out at ALL to lose weight. Working out is important, but I think she jumped the gun. You literally just have to eat fewer calories than you burn and the weight will come off. It’s called CICO- calories in vs calories out. SO many people hate hearing that because it’s so simple mathematically but a lot of people don’t have the will power to do it. People either want to hear a quick fix so they know it’s easy (like diet pills or detox teas or whatever awful product instagram ~influencers~ are selling), or they want to hear that it’s so ridiculously difficult that they can justify not doing it themselves.

It’s great that Bonnie’s working out, but it means almost nothing if her goal is to lose weight and she’s eating more than her body needs. She needs to calculate her TDEE- total daily energy expenditure- the amount of calories your body burns simply to function. If she laid in bed for 24 hours straight and did absolutely nothing, her body would still burn that many calories. Then, she needs to decide how much of a deficit she wants to eat at. -500 calories from your TDEE will give you about a pound of fat loss a week.

I’m in the middle of losing weight. My TDEE is around 1950 calories a day, and my caloric deficit puts me at 1450 calories a day. Let’s say Bonnie’s TDEE is 2200 calories a day. I have no idea how much she weighs and can only guess how tall she is, so this example could be completely inaccurate, but if she reads this, I hope she gets the point. If she wants to lose a pound a week, she would need to eat around 1700 calories a day. A pound a week is a safe, sustainable weight loss and two pounds a week (-1000 cal from TDEE) is considered steep but doable, although I wouldn’t suggest Bonnie go for that.

What a lot of people don’t understand is that Bonnie could literally eat 1700 calories worth of ice cream and nothing else for the day and still lose weight because it’s less energy than her body needs. But that’s not sustainable. The reason people try to eat “healthy” during weight loss is because foods like vegetables and fruit and foods high in protein FILL YOU UP for less calories and you don’t feel the urge to eat an hour later.

The simplest way to lose weight is to calculate your TDEE, weigh your food portions with a food scale, log your calories into an app like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt, and fight like hell to retrain your brain to not overindulge like our society is so used to. I’ve logged my food into MyFitnessPal for 130 days straight and I’m down 16 pounds. It works if you want it. If you don’t want it, you’ll find excuses that the “formula” doesn’t work. But it works. As long as Bonnie doesn’t have any medical issues that could interrupt the process, she WILL lose weight if she does this. Your body knows what you put into it whether you admit it to yourself or not, whether you log it or not. She can lie to herself but she can’t lie to her body.

Hope she reads this... sorry for the rant. Weight loss is simple, but it’s fucking hard. I’ve tried and given up at least twice a year for six or seven years. I’m not some uppity personal trainer who’s never fought with weight a day in my life. This time it’s finally sticking. Sometimes people just aren’t ready and maybe Bonnie’s not ready. But she needs the right information. You can’t counter a workout with mounds of fast food. I would be frustrated too if I were her.

If she is reading this, and if anyone else needs weight loss resources, I highly recommend reddit.com/r/loseit. Read the quick start guide on the sidebar and go from there. Slow progress is progress.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

littlebaby wrote:You don’t have to work out at ALL to lose weight. Working out is important, but I think she jumped the gun. You literally just have to eat fewer calories than you burn and the weight will come off. It’s called CICO- calories in vs calories out. SO many people hate hearing that because it’s so simple mathematically but a lot of people don’t have the will power to do it. People either want to hear a quick fix so they know it’s easy (like diet pills or detox teas or whatever awful product instagram ~influencers~ are selling), or they want to hear that it’s so ridiculously difficult that they can justify not doing it themselves.

It’s great that Bonnie’s working out, but it means almost nothing if her goal is to lose weight and she’s eating more than her body needs. She needs to calculate her TDEE- total daily energy expenditure- the amount of calories your body burns simply to function. If she laid in bed for 24 hours straight and did absolutely nothing, her body would still burn that many calories. Then, she needs to decide how much of a deficit she wants to eat at. -500 calories from your TDEE will give you about a pound of fat loss a week.

I’m in the middle of losing weight. My TDEE is around 1950 calories a day, and my caloric deficit puts me at 1450 calories a day. Let’s say Bonnie’s TDEE is 2200 calories a day. I have no idea how much she weighs and can only guess how tall she is, so this example could be completely inaccurate, but if she reads this, I hope she gets the point. If she wants to lose a pound a week, she would need to eat around 1700 calories a day. A pound a week is a safe, sustainable weight loss and two pounds a week (-1000 cal from TDEE) is considered steep but doable, although I wouldn’t suggest Bonnie go for that.

What a lot of people don’t understand is that Bonnie could literally eat 1700 calories worth of ice cream and nothing else for the day and still lose weight because it’s less energy than her body needs. But that’s not sustainable. The reason people try to eat “healthy” during weight loss is because foods like vegetables and fruit and foods high in protein FILL YOU UP for less calories and you don’t feel the urge to eat an hour later.

The simplest way to lose weight is to calculate your TDEE, weigh your food portions with a food scale, log your calories into an app like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt, and fight like hell to retrain your brain to not overindulge like our society is so used to. I’ve logged my food into MyFitnessPal for 130 days straight and I’m down 16 pounds. It works if you want it. If you don’t want it, you’ll find excuses that the “formula” doesn’t work. But it works. As long as Bonnie doesn’t have any medical issues that could interrupt the process, she WILL lose weight if she does this. Your body knows what you put into it whether you admit it to yourself or not, whether you log it or not. She can lie to herself but she can’t lie to her body.

Hope she reads this... sorry for the rant. Weight loss is simple, but it’s fucking hard. I’ve tried and given up at least twice a year for six or seven years. I’m not some uppity personal trainer who’s never fought with weight a day in my life. This time it’s finally sticking. Sometimes people just aren’t ready and maybe Bonnie’s not ready. But she needs the right information. You can’t counter a workout with mounds of fast food. I would be frustrated too if I were her.

If she is reading this, and if anyone else needs weight loss resources, I highly recommend reddit.com/r/loseit. Read the quick start guide on the sidebar and go from there. Slow progress is progress.

This! ImageImage

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

littlebaby wrote:You don’t have to work out at ALL to lose weight. Working out is important, but I think she jumped the gun. You literally just have to eat fewer calories than you burn and the weight will come off. It’s called CICO- calories in vs calories out. SO many people hate hearing that because it’s so simple mathematically but a lot of people don’t have the will power to do it. People either want to hear a quick fix so they know it’s easy (like diet pills or detox teas or whatever awful product instagram ~influencers~ are selling), or they want to hear that it’s so ridiculously difficult that they can justify not doing it themselves.

Yes! People focus on the candy and treats and therefore use that as an argument for why Ellie can’t possibly have an ED as well, but many Pro-Ana websites actually suggest eating candy as a diet plan to keep your energy up. If Ellie is consuming 300 calories a day in Red Vines, and only 200 in actual food, then she is stop eating to a great deficit. Bonnie just happens to overestimate the extra calories she can consume because she worked out.

I had an ED when I was 18 and managed to lose 20 pounds while eating fast food. Trouble was, I was ONLY eating that. Bonnie’s poor diet is not the reason why she isn’t losing weight, its the portion sizes she’s consuming.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”