Bonnie Hoellein: Flying In A Rage Against Those Who Pay My Wage | Part 17

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

I don't see what the big deal is with them going on guys trips. The girls do spa days with the girls and you don't see anyone complaining that they didn't bring the boys. Double standard.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Madsmom110 wrote:I don't see what the big deal is with them going on guys trips. The girls do spa days with the girls and you don't see anyone complaining that they didn't bring the boys. Double standard.
I agree. Olivia has been around when the boys were fishing before, and clearly had. I interest in what was going on.

Cody used to play with Olivia’s princess dresses and Boston had played with the dolls before. “Boy” toys are all around that house. If Olivia had any interest the opportunity to play with them is there

That said, I think the boys should be allowed to go for spa day if they want, and Olivia should absolutely be allowed to go on a trip with her dad. Key word being IF THEY WANT. Defying gender roles just to prove a point is no better than making a child conform to it if they really aren’t interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Just thinking out loud here, but Bonnie has mentioned the vlogger Miranda Sings at least a few times recently.........I've only seen her a handful of times, but obviously she is a "celebrity".........I think Bonnie's stupid laugh, and ridiculous faces she makes constantly, and snarky-ness could be Bonnie trying to be more like Miranda to gain popularity? I could be totally overthinking it, but the thought came to my mind today for some reason.

I still think her bitchy attitude and "i dont give a f" what my viewers think is totally just her being a mean girl though. She cant take any comments not kissing her ass and I bet anything she reads them and whines to Joel about them and I think they really get to her and that's why we get the bitchy, snarky attitude.
ClarasComplaints
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ClarasComplaints »

Madsmom110 wrote:I don't see what the big deal is with them going on guys trips. The girls do spa days with the girls and you don't see anyone complaining that they didn't bring the boys. Double standard.
I was thinking that too. It might be worth a discussion if Olivia had actually wanted to go, but it doesn't appear that she did. I know I wouldn't want to be the only girl on a camping trip with ~20 other guys. It would be cute if the dads took the girls on a trip though. If not camping, then something else that they would enjoy.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

ClarasComplaints wrote:
I was thinking that too. It might be worth a discussion if Olivia had actually wanted to go, but it doesn't appear that she did. I know I wouldn't want to be the only girl on a camping trip with ~20 other guys. It would be cute if the dads took the girls on a trip though. If not camping, then something else that they would enjoy.
But poor Jer-bear wouldn’t have a daughter of his own to bring. Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but Bonnie has mentioned the vlogger Miranda Sings at least a few times recently.........I've only seen her a handful of times, but obviously she is a "celebrity".........I think Bonnie's stupid laugh, and ridiculous faces she makes constantly, and snarky-ness could be Bonnie trying to be more like Miranda to gain popularity? I could be totally overthinking it, but the thought came to my mind today for some reason.

I still think her bitchy attitude and "i dont give a f" what my viewers think is totally just her being a mean girl though. She cant take any comments not kissing her ass and I bet anything she reads them and whines to Joel about them and I think they really get to her and that's why we get the bitchy, snarky attitude.
The whole point of Miranda is that she’s a joke. I doubt Bonnie is trying to be more like her. Colleen maybe, but Miranda.... no. Colleen is nothing like Miranda.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I agree that unless we know that Olivia_wanted_ to go camping, it's not useful to be upset about her not going. I just wonder how much Olivia has been conditioned to not want to go. Feminine traits are rewarded in the Griffiths girls. I don't think they overtly tell her she needs to be a girly girl, but those subliminal messages get internalized. Do you notice there aren't many "tomboys" in that family? Do any of the girls play soccer or softball? It's just a theory, but I don't think they are encouraged to want to do "boy things" like camping or fishing. They may let the boys play with the princess clothes, but they also very strongly encourage them to be "little men".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:I agree that unless we know that Olivia_wanted_ to go camping, it's not useful to be upset about her not going. I just wonder how much Olivia has been conditioned to not want to go. Feminine traits are rewarded in the Griffiths girls. I don't think they overtly tell her she needs to be a girly girl, but those subliminal messages get internalized. Do you notice there aren't many "tomboys" in that family? Do any of the girls play soccer or softball? It's just a theory, but I don't think they are encouraged to want to do "boy things" like camping or fishing. They may let the boys play with the princess clothes, but they also very strongly encourage them to be "little men".

Bonnie talks about her favorite times of camping with her dad. I think this was a trip just for the dad’s and the 5-7 boys. Cody was the oldest on the trip.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

lmmomSD wrote:I agree that unless we know that Olivia_wanted_ to go camping, it's not useful to be upset about her not going. I just wonder how much Olivia has been conditioned to not want to go. Feminine traits are rewarded in the Griffiths girls. I don't think they overtly tell her she needs to be a girly girl, but those subliminal messages get internalized. Do you notice there aren't many "tomboys" in that family? Do any of the girls play soccer or softball? It's just a theory, but I don't think they are encouraged to want to do "boy things" like camping or fishing. They may let the boys play with the princess clothes, but they also very strongly encourage them to be "little men".

this is exactly it. a choice (like not wanting to go camping) is not truly a meaningful choice if a person is coerced to make it (like by being encouraged all your life to avoid “boy” things like camping). it breaks my heart that these girls are missing out on experiences like camping and only given appearance-focused, femininity-ingraining spa days instead.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Maybe, just maybe Olivia wanted to have her Mom...ooops, I mean Bree. All to herself! Lol
KatAce95
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatAce95 »

Mummyuk wrote:I haven't watched Bonnie since her breakdown about working out and had a peak today just to see how it's going and I'm shocked to see she actually looks bigger than pre workout. So I came for a read here to catch up and I can see why she is bigger than before. She must be eating a large amount a day to gain weight ontop of a workout routine. Is she binge eating or has she just started eating rubbish non stop?
Sometimes when people start working out or start eating healthy they eat the wrong things because they don't realise what they're eating isn't actually healthy, or they eat too much of a food because its "healthy''. I haven't been watching the vlog's so I can't comment on what she looks like but Bonnie needs to remember that you can't out exercise a bad diet.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Everyone is taking the camping thing a bit far. Joel has taken Olivia camping before with just him. I think last year? When he went to do maintenance at men’s camp.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

KatAce95 wrote:
Mummyuk wrote:I haven't watched Bonnie since her breakdown about working out and had a peak today just to see how it's going and I'm shocked to see she actually looks bigger than pre workout. So I came for a read here to catch up and I can see why she is bigger than before. She must be eating a large amount a day to gain weight ontop of a workout routine. Is she binge eating or has she just started eating rubbish non stop?
Sometimes when people start working out or start eating healthy they eat the wrong things because they don't realise what they're eating isn't actually healthy, or they eat too much of a food because its "healthy''. I haven't been watching the vlog's so I can't comment on what she looks like but Bonnie needs to remember that you can't out exercise a bad diet.
Or they eat way more of a food than they should because they think they burned it off working out, when in reality they probably only burned half the calories they’re eating back.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Everyone is taking the camping thing a bit far. Joel has taken Olivia camping before with just him. I think last year? When he went to do maintenance at men’s camp.

Good to know. I wasn't aware. I still think they really push the gender normative roles in general, but I will let this one go.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Almost to 1M subs

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

Sooo they are like at 999,890 subs now. Think they are all gathered around watching the live subscriber count? I'm curious if she'll dedicate a vlog to hitting it, say a speech if you Will? Idk last I looked on her Instagram and Twitter there wasn't a word about being close which was weird kinda? Maybe she doesn't wanna come off snobby lol
janemom1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janemom1 »

Nevermind..i just saw her instastory about her numbers and highlight thing...never saw it before
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

janemom1 wrote:Sooo they are like at 999,890 subs now. Think they are all gathered around watching the live subscriber count? I'm curious if she'll dedicate a vlog to hitting it, say a speech if you Will? Idk last I looked on her Instagram and Twitter there wasn't a word about being close which was weird kinda? Maybe she doesn't wanna come off snobby lol
She's been posting in her IG stories about it.
And I bet they are watching it. They're around 100 away now.
Bonnie mentioned filming something in particular for 1mil subscribers.
sweetlace
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sweetlace »

I am so irritated they are about to hit 1 million. She has been DYING for this to happen for forever. She has been working on the 1 million subscriber celebration video for months. So entitled and annoying. This is only going to make things worse. And I have to add, Ellie is tweeting how happy and excited she is for Bonnie's channel about to hit 1 million. She NEVER even acknowledged Ruby hitting 1 million she only got but hurt and now 8 passengers has even more subscribers than precious Ellie and Jared.

*They are currently at 999,935 on social blade so its happening within the hour.
ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

sweetlace wrote:I am so irritated they are about to hit 1 million. She has been DYING for this to happen for forever. She has been working on the 1 million subscriber celebration video for months. So entitled and annoying. This is only going to make things worse. And I have to add, Ellie is tweeting how happy and excited she is for Bonnie's channel about to hit 1 million. She NEVER even acknowledged Ruby hitting 1 million she only got but hurt and now 8 passengers has even more subscribers than precious Ellie and Jared.

*They are currently at 999,935 on social blade so its happening within the hour.
I unsubscribed and watched the number go down to 999,934 Image

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”