Tannerites/YAWI

Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by Bekkaz »

thenightowl wrote:Sarah needs to put away dangerous things, I am convinced that nobody watches Canyon, today he had a hair cutting razor and his hands were cut up, he also cut his hair and instead of getting in trouble, they both just laughed at him.
Both my kids, along with I'd say 80% of kids, have cut their own hair at some point. IMO it's not worth punishing them over. We just laughed and told them they are not to do it again and if they want a haircut, they come tell us and we'll take them to the hairdresser. The oldest was about a week before her 5th birthday *cries* so had ugly hair (fixed by hairdresser but still ugly) for her party lol I think the younger one was about 4 maybe. Thankfully neither did those horrible fringe cuts where they leave about 1cm of fringe (bangs??) on their forehead.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

Back on form with the anxiety crap preaching. - Sarah thinks she's a help to the world, but all she does is make her daughter more miserable by brabbling into the camera. Whilst holding said saddend daughter in the frame, of course. Ack.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Johnny going "why aren't we allowed to know"/"we were kept in the dark" re: Allie asking someone to (another!) dance.
Maybe cos you'd have vlogged it and maybe, just maybe, your daughter felt like having some privacy in her life!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Bekkaz wrote:
thenightowl wrote:Sarah needs to put away dangerous things, I am convinced that nobody watches Canyon, today he had a hair cutting razor and his hands were cut up, he also cut his hair and instead of getting in trouble, they both just laughed at him.
Both my kids, along with I'd say 80% of kids, have cut their own hair at some point. IMO it's not worth punishing them over. We just laughed and told them they are not to do it again and if they want a haircut, they come tell us and we'll take them to the hairdresser. The oldest was about a week before her 5th birthday *cries* so had ugly hair (fixed by hairdresser but still ugly) for her party lol I think the younger one was about 4 maybe. Thankfully neither did those horrible fringe cuts where they leave about 1cm of fringe (bangs??) on their forehead.
I understand kids do that kind of thing and if it were normal scissors then I would have thought differently but he had a dangerous razor in his hands and in my opinion, they should have spoke to him seriously about it and not laugh it off, his hands were all cut up and thankfully nothing else but it could have been worse. I just hate when vloggers laugh it up when their kids get into something dangerous or do something they really shouldn't be doing (like Canyon with the nail polish all over the carpet or when he was trying to unhinge the child lock on the front door).
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

thenightowl wrote:
Bekkaz wrote:
I understand kids do that kind of thing and if it were normal scissors then I would have thought differently but he had a dangerous razor in his hands and in my opinion, they should have spoke to him seriously about it and not laugh it off, his hands were all cut up and thankfully nothing else but it could have been worse. I just hate when vloggers laugh it up when their kids get into something dangerous or do something they really shouldn't be doing (like Canyon with the nail polish all over the carpet or when he was trying to unhinge the child lock on the front door).
I wouldn't say his hands were all cut up. He had a wee nick on a finger. Just lots of blood. I would love to see what kind of razor he was using cos I can't picture what it was. I was thinking electric trimmer.
I agree about the door. As soon as they saw him reaching up with the sword, he should have got removed and told off. Not encouraged to do it.
nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nlewis214 »

The reasoning behind Allie not driving is because she is afraid to drive the Tahoe. Don't they have a smaller car, Like a sonata or something? I wonder why she can't just drive that? You would think if she's nervous to drive the Tahoe they would take her driving in it more often so she can become comfortable, but I guess that would make too much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

Why is Allie obsessed with the barely noticeable gap in her teeth? It doesn't look bad at all. She's very self conscious. As someone who had much worse teeth, it annoys me. Then again, I didn't pressure myself to have a perfect appearance in the hopes of becoming a Disney princess.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

skrt09 wrote:Why is Allie obsessed with the barely noticeable gap in her teeth? It doesn't look bad at all. She's very self conscious. As someone who had much worse teeth, it annoys me. Then again, I didn't pressure myself to have a perfect appearance in the hopes of becoming a Disney princess.
Yeah, it has something to do with her dream of being a Disney Princess, she even at one point said that she hoped she wouldn't get any taller because of the height restriction.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

They uploaded the same video to both channels - that's really crap!
Was a super nice video and I get why she cried but gotta admit, I skipped thru lots as I don't need to know why Sarah is so special to their kids.
EZ0807
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by EZ0807 »

Uploading on two accounts is really annoying. I am a little older than Allie, but I have to say; what a world of difference! I really can not believe she is 16 and is allowed to drive. It feels bad to say, but I really think she has something of autism. She looks extremely like my sister when she was so old (my sister is diagnosed with autism).
On the other hand, I really do not understand their upbringing. Treat Daniell is normal once and who she is. Canyon against it is 3! Treat him accordingly.
That father really works on my nerves, he really thinks he knows everything. Actually I am glad that he has not studied psychology with those 'psychological' words from him. I had really found that sorry for his clients. But really, you are the children of their father, then imagine yourself responsible and positive
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

The dad comes across that way as most religions (wrongly IMO) have the man as their leader.
cookiequeen0
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cookiequeen0 »

I have to give a lot of credit to Daniell. It seems like she's more sensible than everyone else in that house. If I didn't watch them, I'd probably assume she's the oldest (besides Branson) because she seems mature and self-aware for her age. After watching her today, she seems very well spoken and like she has a good head on her shoulders.

Also, on another note, does anyone feel like Branson comes off as aloof when he talks with his family over skype? the few times they've had to talk he comes off like it's a chore for him. It might just be me being nit-picky but if it were me, I'd be excited to hear from my family and share my stories, but he looked like a stranger talking in yesterdays video.
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

On the YAWI channel, they have the two younger girls buying each others back to school outfits. They are young, skinny and not anywhere near puberty so WTF does the thumbnail show them holding up bras and bra racks behind them? Talk about giving the wrong impression and encourages sicko's to their channel.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bekkaz wrote:On the YAWI channel, they have the two younger girls buying each others back to school outfits. They are young, skinny and not anywhere near puberty so WTF does the thumbnail show them holding up bras and bra racks behind them? Talk about giving the wrong impression and encourages sicko's to their channel.
Is it a Utah Mormon thing? Ruby on 8 Passengers showed buying her daughters bras, and they're 9 and 11, and also skinny. They don't have anything to put in a bra! I started wearing one just for horse riding when I was 12, because bouncing what little I had hurt. But these girls have nothing up top, and the moms are buying them bras. Even my daughter is confused by that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

I don’t know why but it really bothers me hearing Allie call her parents mommy & daddy. You’re 16, grow up.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

I thought Mormons were about modesty and values. Why does Allie have 2 boyfriends? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 416468.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:I thought Mormons were about modesty and values. Why does Allie have 2 boyfriends? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 416468.jpg[/img]

They aren’t boyfriends in the romantic sense. Just boys who are friends. I think they’re either from school or church.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HeyKatie wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:I thought Mormons were about modesty and values. Why does Allie have 2 boyfriends? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 416468.jpg[/img]

They aren’t boyfriends in the romantic sense. Just boys who are friends. I think they’re either from school or church.

But "boyfriend" has a totally different connotation than "friend". It generally means romantic involvement, and they know that. Ruby's son Chad (8 Passengers) is one of them, because her vlog is "Back to School Shopping For My Girlfriend". So they're milking the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing for views. And that's not right.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

lmmomSD wrote:
HeyKatie wrote:

But "boyfriend" has a totally different connotation than "friend". It generally means romantic involvement, and they know that. Ruby's son Chad (8 Passengers) is one of them, because her vlog is "Back to School Shopping For My Girlfriend". So they're milking the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing for views. And that's not right.

Exactly. I don't call my guy friends my boyfriends because I'm not dating them. They're sick people

MelE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MelE »

They called them "boyfriends" for the clickbait. 8 Passengers posted the same thing on their channel with Chad and Daniell.

I saw the other day on instagram they posted that they got another silver youtube play button for "YWI vlogs" reaching 100k subs. Made me wonder, why stop there? Why not make 10 more channels and funnel the existing subscribers to those channels and post sponsored videos on all 12? That whole thing still seems so slimy to me.

Return to “Q-Z”