snowbaby95
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Where did you get that I was excusing it? I said it was lazy....

A safe kid is at least less negligent. I just think it’s important to make the distinction that something is at least better than nothing. Like a YTer or not, you can’t criticize everything equally or we just look like petty bitches who think everything is wrong. Why would a YTer take anything we say seriously then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're excusing it by defending it and acting like those who criticize her are "hating." So we're not allowed to criticize her because at LEAST her children aren't unsupervised? Talk about lowering the parent bar to the actual floor. Sorry, I don't think she deserves praise or anything for having a nanny. The Bumps have other people watch their kids too. Also, like another poster said, how do you know Bree does any enriching activities with all the kids?

No one is being a petty bitch when they criticize Bonnie and label her lazy for having a full-time nanny when she literally doesn't work all day.

Of course a supervised child is better than one alone in a basement, but is that the realistic alternative here?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

amyfalafal wrote:I've been working crazy hours the last few weeks, so havent been paying attention to the vlogs as much, just as the background noise as I fold laundry. So I may be wrong, but did they hype up the Mexico trip at all? Why wouldn't they? It's charity work, I would have thought they would be milking that they're going on a trip etc..
No, zero milking or sharing of the trip pre arriving there in yesterday's vlog. The only thing (with hindsight) that potentially related to this trip was Bree teaching the kid's some Spanish a while back in a couple of vlogs.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Honestly, what mother does anyone here know who takes freaking THREE hour naps and acts like it's the most normal thing in the world?? It's such a bizarre thing with these vloggers where the more money and financial comfort they acquire the more lazy and less energy for life they seem to muster.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

snowbaby95 wrote:[
You're excusing it by defending it and acting like those who criticize her are "hating." So we're not allowed to criticize her because at LEAST her children aren't unsupervised? Talk about lowering the parent bar to the actual floor. Sorry, I don't think she deserves praise or anything for having a nanny. The Bumps have other people watch their kids too. Also, like another poster said, how do you know Bree does any enriching activities with all the kids?

No one is being a petty bitch when they criticize Bonnie and label her lazy for having a full-time nanny when she literally doesn't work all day.

Of course a supervised child is better than one alone in a basement, but is that the realistic alternative here?
Please don’t put words in my mouth. I never said I excused it, I’m just not as outraged as everyone else is. More like it’s better than nothing, because it just is. This is one avenue that I think Bonnie has broken tradition from how her mother did things, and though it isn’t ideal, I’m glad it’s safer and the kids are at least getting attention.

I can’t stand Ellie, but I would make the same point if she were to hire someone to watch her boys when she can’t or won’t. They are all so lazy and entitled that I’m not looking for them to be the perfect parents at this point, just to at least try and put the kids first in some capacity. Keeping the kids safe would be a definite start. Bree, I assume, at least does that during her time there.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

The fact is Bonnie hired Bree to watch the kids because she wants to be able to do things for herself without the hassle of bringing the kids along with her. She didn't hire Bree to watch the kids so they are given special attention or being tutored in any capacity. It's all about Bonnie.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

On a different subject. As a parent, if your child was worried about being in the top bunk, wouldn't you take the top bunk and give her the bottom one? She told Olivia she would be fine and of course the poor girl fell out of it. Maybe it's just me, but I always put my child first. To me, these parents are negligent. I read just last week about a college student who fell out of his top bunk, hit his head hard and died. So tragic.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Unless I missed it, I would have thought they'd at least put a link in the description box for how viewers could donate to the organization in Mexico, or, better yet, give the proceeds of these vlogs to "the orphans".
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Mom goals

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

ba1006 wrote:On a different subject. As a parent, if your child was worried about being in the top bunk, wouldn't you take the top bunk and give her the bottom one? She told Olivia she would be fine and of course the poor girl fell out of it. Maybe it's just me, but I always put my child first. To me, these parents are negligent. I read just last week about a college student who fell out of his top bunk, hit his head hard and died. So tragic.
There were 3 bunks in their room I think so unless someone else were staying with them, it didn’t look like there was, Olivia could’ve stayed in a bottom bunk without Bonnie needing to switch.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:Unless I missed it, I would have thought they'd at least put a link in the description box for how viewers could donate to the organization in Mexico, or, better yet, give the proceeds of these vlogs to "the orphans".
Bratayley did the same thing. They went to Mexico, helped build one house for one family, blathered on about how they learned "so much", monetized the vlog, didn't say what organization they worked with so people could donate, or donate the earnings, and then as soon as they got back to LA, went shopping at The Grove, and went to a f*cking oxygen bar.
I'm glad that they didn't hype it up, because it's hypocritical to be saying "look how great we are! We donated to poor people! But it would have been nice to post a link so people can donate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I bet their religious leader told them to go on this mission. Didn't he request Bonnie do that girl's camping trip recently? Maybe she didn't hype it up because she didn't want to go and couldn't pretend to be happy for the views.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Ckc717 wrote:Dressing your 3 year old in a onesie does not make him a baby, it just makes him look ridiculous.
They keep him in a onesie because it’s easier th change his diaper...like a baby. Ridiculous!
theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

If you enjoy hearing pee stories, you will enjoy today's vlog. :shock:

I am also super uncomfortable with Bonnie filming the people on the side of the road trying to sell their things, and make a living. I didn't think that was appropriate at. all.

Also, in case anyone was wondering if Bonnie learned anything from this trip, the answer is no. The first clip we see once they cross the border and in the airport is Bonnie buying lipstick, which she didn't even have to replace, as it was something that Lincoln broke. Joel bought t-shirts, Cody got a massage, and she and Olivia got pedicures. I am all for pampering, but god forbid you wait even a few hours till you get home.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

theyellow_daisy wrote:If you enjoy hearing pee stories, you will enjoy today's vlog. :shock:

I am also super uncomfortable with Bonnie filming the people on the side of the road trying to sell their things, and make a living. I didn't think that was appropriate at. all.

Also, in case anyone was wondering if Bonnie learned anything from this trip, the answer is no. The first clip we see once they cross the border and in the airport is Bonnie buying lipstick, which she didn't even have to replace, as it was something that Lincoln broke. Joel bought t-shirts, Cody got a massage, and she and Olivia got pedicures. I am all for pampering, but god forbid you wait even a few hours till you get home.

The funny thing is she had just said she was going to live a more simple life after what she had just seen. Is this considered a simple life to her? I swear, sometimes I think they vlog these things to get a rise out of us. At least I hope that's the case.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm still glad they did the trip, though. I think that it almost definitely had an impact on the kids even if we don't see it immediately. They will remember it and they will have learned something for sure.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:I'm still glad they did the trip, though. I think that it almost definitely had an impact on the kids even if we don't see it immediately. They will remember it and they will have learned something for sure.
I agree. Bonnie and Joel didn’t go take a trip just the two of them for once, and at least this one was in the thought of service. They exposed the kids to something actually outside the Utah bubble for once, and that will go a long way toward them being better than the Griffiths clan (and maybe a little more like the Hoelleins).

I hate waiting in airports, so I shop and visit the lounge or spa all the time. Didn’t realize that cancelled out all the good things I do Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The thing about the mission trip is that it takes time, effort and money. Regardless of the cause, it is sacrifice and service. I don’t feel it’s right to judge how someone does it, when I have put in zero effort, time and money into doing something so big myself.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:I'm still glad they did the trip, though. I think that it almost definitely had an impact on the kids even if we don't see it immediately. They will remember it and they will have learned something for sure.
I agree. Bonnie and Joel didn’t go take a trip just the two of them for once, and at least this one was in the thought of service. They exposed the kids to something actually outside the Utah bubble for once, and that will go a long way toward them being better than the Griffiths clan (and maybe a little more like the Hoelleins).

I hate waiting in airports, so I shop and visit the lounge or spa all the time. Didn’t realize that cancelled out all the good things I do Image

It doesn't cancel out all the good you do. It's just the juxtaposition of the spa treatments and the service work is a little jarring. Going from little kids who have nothing to getting a massage or a pedicure has got to have been at least a little confusing for the kids. Unless Bonnie said something about being grateful, or how lucky their family is, and somehow I doubt that. It's like the Bratayley family going from "helping" build a house in Mexico, which they vlogged and made money off, to shopping at the Grove the minute they got back to LA.
You're not making money vlogging your service work either, are you? That's one thing that really irritates me when vloggers film their good deeds. Most of them monetize it. I get the catch-22 of either not filming and everyone saying "they never do charity work" or filming and people saying they are looking for ass pats, but they don't have to monetize it.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:

It doesn't cancel out all the good you do. It's just the juxtaposition of the spa treatments and the service work is a little jarring. Going from little kids who have nothing to getting a massage or a pedicure has got to have been at least a little confusing for the kids. Unless Bonnie said something about being grateful, or how lucky their family is, and somehow I doubt that. It's like the Bratayley family going from "helping" build a house in Mexico, which they vlogged and made money off, to shopping at the Grove the minute they got back to LA.
You're not making money vlogging your service work either, are you? That's one thing that really irritates me when vloggers film their good deeds. Most of them monetize it. I get the catch-22 of either not filming and everyone saying "they never do charity work" or filming and people saying they are looking for ass pats, but they don't have to monetize it. Or they can donate the earnings...

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

"I just keep repeating the words in English and hope they eventually get what I'm saying" OR crazy thought here, learn simple phrases and words before you travel to another country and don't expect people to just understand you because you speak English. And then when she was talking to the kids after their massage "I hope you guys enjoyed that because it will NEVER happen again." Yeah, the kids can rarely ever be pampered, but you bet your sweet ass Bonnie and Joel will regularly get massages, spa trips, and weekend away from the kids. The kids are the reason you even have a channel and the opportunity to make the money you do.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”