Bonnie Hoellein: Flying In A Rage Against Those Who Pay My Wage | Part 17

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by sheltiefan »

theyellow_daisy wrote:If you enjoy hearing pee stories, you will enjoy today's vlog. :shock:
Boy what is with this whole Griffin crew and the fasination with bathroom functions? These two and Ellie and Jared seem to think that's entertainment for the viewers!
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by littlebaby »

I know I’m going to get crap for saying this, but I’m only bringing it up because I struggled with my weight my entire childhood and still struggle with it today. Olivia is young, she just turned 9, right? She has changed and grown a lot in the past year and I hope the kids she goes to school with are nicer than the kids I went to school with. She’s not even big, but she’s just slightly chubbier than her peers probably are, even her cousins at least, and that can spiral fast. I don’t want Olivia to suffer for her mom’s poor food choices. Is Olivia in any activities? Sports? Dance? Anything at all that’s not being at home?

I’m sure I’ll get replies to this saying that making comments on a child’s body is inappropriate and uncalled for. I get that. But I see in her what I saw in me when I was her age. It doesn’t help that the whole Griffiths clan rewards being tiny. Olivia clearly takes after her mother a LOT. But if poor food choices/habits are being instilled in her this young, it’s only going to get worse as she gets older. And I’m in no way blaming Olivia- she can only do or not do what she sees or has been taught. It could be that as her body grows throughout puberty her height will level out her weight. We know she already struggles with anxiety and being perfectionistic. It’s pretty much a recipe for disaster in our society as a young girl. I really hope the best for her. I want to clarify the problem is not her body/size, it’s the implications and societal pressure and family habits that have me concerned. I hope at least one person agrees with me so I don’t sound like a complete bitch. It’s coming from a place of care and concern, not judgment.

TLDR she IS a healthy growing child, yes, I’m just worried about the future.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 95e169.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

littlebaby wrote:I know I’m going to get crap for saying this, but I’m only bringing it up because I struggled with my weight my entire childhood and still struggle with it today. Olivia is young, she just turned 9, right? She has changed and grown a lot in the past year and I hope the kids she goes to school with are nicer than the kids I went to school with. She’s not even big, but she’s just slightly chubbier than her peers probably are, even her cousins at least, and that can spiral fast. I don’t want Olivia to suffer for her mom’s poor food choices. Is Olivia in any activities? Sports? Dance? Anything at all that’s not being at home?

I’m sure I’ll get replies to this saying that making comments on a child’s body is inappropriate and uncalled for. I get that. But I see in her what I saw in me when I was her age. It doesn’t help that the whole Griffiths clan rewards being tiny. Olivia clearly takes after her mother a LOT. But if poor food choices/habits are being instilled in her this young, it’s only going to get worse as she gets older. And I’m in no way blaming Olivia- she can only do or not do what she sees or has been taught. It could be that as her body grows throughout puberty her height will level out her weight. We know she already struggles with anxiety and being perfectionistic. It’s pretty much a recipe for disaster in our society as a young girl. I really hope the best for her. I want to clarify the problem is not her body/size, it’s the implications and societal pressure and family habits that have me concerned. I hope at least one person agrees with me so I don’t sound like a complete bitch. It’s coming from a place of care and concern, not judgment.

TLDR she IS a healthy growing child, yes, I’m just worried about the future.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 95e169.png[/img]

I agree with you. Part of the syndrome my daughter has includes low muscle tone, so she was chunky when she was little, and has struggled with her weight. The difference is that we taught her how to make healthy food choices. And she's working on it. And once my son moved out, we got all of the junk food out of the house so that she isn't even tempted. Neither of us need cookies or chips. Bonnie isn't modeling healthy choices _or_ offering them to her kids. And it's so not fair to Olivia. She's nowhere near fat, but with the way the Griffiths prize being "tiny", and how cruel kids can be, she's being set up for a pretty negative self image just by being a little chunky.
And no, other than playing outside, she's not doing any activities. No soccer, dance, swim, anything like that. And watching Bonnie make bad food choices and then cry about how hard it is to work out isn't helping. Kids really do internalize what they see at home.
On another topic, did Bonnie really say that she was just going to keep repeating the English phrase and hope they figured it out? That's just as bad as yelling the English phrase. This wasn't a spur of the moment trip, right? When she was cruising Amazon.com she couldn't get a phrase book? ImageImage

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kryptonite wrote:Olivia seems pretty active to me. She may not be involved in dance but she's still outside quite a bit running around.

I feel like discussing her lack of activity is one thing, but I'll never feel comfortable discussing a child's weight. She's 9. She doesn't have a whole lot of control over her weight (which IMO is average). Besides, she has terrible posture in that photo. The healthiest, tiniest person would look like they had a little stomach in that post.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I totally get your point. And it's 100% out of her control. I just worry about what any girl growing up in that whackadoodle family is going to have for a self image.

LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

What I found incredibly aggravating, is that this 'missions trip' was her way to escape her worries and stress, according to Instagram. Like, really Bonnie?? You went and saw people deep in poverty and you think your life is stressful?? Did it give you any perspective at all??
I hardly watch any of their vlogs anymore. What is with these vloggers turning into entitled children once they get bigger? The ones that don't seem overly intelligent seem to be the worse too.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Okay so let's encourage Cody to pick up a snake-hope we also show him pics of the poisonous ones he needs to avoid!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

My daughter sent me this. She said there are a couple of tone shifts, but it shows what these people are missing by inviting a million viewers into their lives.

theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

Feel free to skip today's vlog unless you want to watch a commercial for her cousins tiny home business, and of course that darn cookbook :-?
kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

Don’t bother with today’s pointless vlog, it’s basically an infomercial for her cousins (who she didn’t even know his name) business

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Ducklings4 wrote:

My daughter sent me this. She said there are a couple of tone shifts, but it shows what these people are missing by inviting a million viewers into their lives.

haha - that's Bonnie with blonde hair. Thanks for posting.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

I haven’t been watching Bonnie, I used to like them, but now I see her for the self absorbed person she is. I don’t like that she takes risks with her children getting hurt. I don’t like how she laughs, makes fun of their pain, whether it be physical or emotional pain. I don’t like how she plays up her tears for her benefit. I skim through her video or read to see if something is worth watching. The Griffiths seem to all be money hungry and want the quick and easy way to wealth. Nothing wrong with making money but they seem to feel entitled to it and love rubbing in the viewers faces.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

We all criticize Ellie so much for her many faults, but at least she buckles her kids in their car seats correctly. Bonnie’s kids weren’t buckled at all on their road trip! I just can’t with her anymore, she is just asking for a tragedy to happen.

I do blame Ellie too though, I have a nephew and two nieces and I would make them buckle up. I don’t mess around when it comes to safety.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Shorty02 wrote:We all criticize Ellie so much for her many faults, but at least she buckles her kids in their car seats correctly. Bonnie’s kids weren’t buckled at all on their road trip! I just can’t with her anymore, she is just asking for a tragedy to happen.

I do blame Ellie too though, I have a nephew and two nieces and I would make them buckle up. I don’t mess around when it comes to safety.
Ellie has the appropriate seats for the boys, but doesn’t actually buckle them in correctly. We’ve seen many time in instastories that the straps are far too loose. I think the boys probably strap themselves in. That’s not going to do much in an accident.

When E&J used to babysit Codie and Olivia when they were littler, they would take them without booster seats too. Jared is just more careful about what he catches in the vlogs. Bonnie doesn’t seem to care who sees what.

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

kirsti13 wrote:Don’t bother with today’s pointless vlog, it’s basically an infomercial for her cousins (who she didn’t even know his name) business

Lord I clicked on his websites and the Black Pearl he built that just sold is horrible. He was going for a look but instead of looking trendy it looked dilapidated. And who would want a kitchen up rickety looking awkward steps like he did? Awful. Also I am confused. The non pregnant woman looked like Bonnie and the guy with the pregnant wife and 3 kids looked like Beau. Never quite got who was who and like you said she didn't even know the cousin's business name. It was weird.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

KaterTot wrote:
kirsti13 wrote:Don’t bother with today’s pointless vlog, it’s basically an infomercial for her cousins (who she didn’t even know his name) business

Lord I clicked on his websites and the Black Pearl he built that just sold is horrible. He was going for a look but instead of looking trendy it looked dilapidated. And who would want a kitchen up rickety looking awkward steps like he did? Awful. Also I am confused. The non pregnant woman looked like Bonnie and the guy with the pregnant wife and 3 kids looked like Beau. Never quite got who was who and like you said she didn't even know the cousin's business name. It was weird.
Never mind not knowing the cousin's business name, it seemed like she didn't know her cousin's or his wife's name either. Very weird alright.
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

With her, "Ladd, right?" comment, I'm going to go out in a limb and say these are distant cousins.
kirsti13
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kirsti13 »

ba1006 wrote:
KaterTot wrote:

Never mind not knowing the cousin's business name, it seemed like she didn't know her cousin's or his wife's name either. Very weird alright.

Right that’s what I meant by “she didn’t even know his name” lol it was so weird

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Madsmom110 wrote:With her, "Ladd, right?" comment, I'm going to go out in a limb and say these are distant cousins.

What's sadder is they are always on about how important cousin time is and spending time with them and making memories yet she doesn't know her cousin's business name. I would think they are closer cousins (biologically) because they favor so much. Like maybe one of Bonnie's parents and these cousin's parents are siblings. They favor way too much.
purple_rain_82
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by purple_rain_82 »

Madsmom110 wrote:With her, "Ladd, right?" comment, I'm going to go out in a limb and say these are distant cousins.
I watched Ellie and Jared's vlog on hooktube and I think this guy and his wife are her cousins daughter (or daughter in law) and son (or son in law).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bottom line though, if you are going to promote someone's business, you _ought_ to know the name of the business and its proprietor. Especially if they are your cousins.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”