Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part 20

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part

Unread post by lmmomSD »

However, so can still legally call herself "Dr. Katie", because she has a doctorate. For instance, my sister has a PhD in dance history (how cool is that?) and she goes by "doctor". But. The implication from Katie in her videos is that she is still a practicing child therapist. Which she isn't. So even though she's always going to be a "doctor", she isn't able to practice. And she is still one of the last people I would go to for parenting advice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

crew96 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:She still isn’t active.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 799449.png[/img]
That’s for her masters. She got her PhD - thus a different licensure. It says lapsed. The NPI thing is a list of providers for Medicare and Medicaid it seems. Doesn’t actually change.

What is NPI:
An NPI is a 10-digit numeric identifier. It does not carry information about you, such as the State where you practice, your provider type, or your specialization. Your NPI will not change, even if your name, address, taxonomy, or other information changes.

Obtaining an NPI will not: • • • •
Change or replace your current Medicare enrollment or certification process
Enroll you in a health plan
Ensure you are licensed or credentialed
Guarantee payment by a health plan Require you to conduct HIPAA transactions

So active in NPI does not mean she is licensed.
According to Alabama boards - she is not active. Her license has lapsed. She cannot practice legally. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... e02ebb.png[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to block out all of her personal information.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

I wasn't sure no many different numbers and I have no idea how anything works in the USA
I'm sure her NPI said inactive as some point so maybe she is in the process of getting everything reinstated and that one was the easiest/quickest
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

They announce that they will now only be posting a video every other day. They think their vlogs should be quality over quantity, which I agree with, but ever since they moved, their content and Cullen’s editing have been shit. I don’t know why people think he’s such a good editor. All he does is throw in a bunch of clips and sounds from movies and tv shows over and over until they got from slightly silly, to downright obnoxious.

If Cullen wants to see what good editing is, he should watch Jesssfam videos. As much as her life is a shitshow, the girl can edit really well. And she has 5, sometimes 7 kids to care for.

Katie has to be planning on going back to work. I seriously don’t understand how they afford their lifestyle. Maybe Instagram pays well? Cullen always includes their Instagram handles in the vlogs, and they talked about how their instastoies are like mini vlogs.

I think this video marks the beginning of the end of their channel.

tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

They believe the break is deserved and will pay off because it has for their friends the daily bumps. The difference is the DB are putting effort and creativity in their vlogs and just not adding a movie clip here or there. The db produce videos their audience wants to watch. I don’t think they’ll see the same return if they reduce the number of videos

daffodilz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daffodilz »

I haven't watched the vlogs consistently in awhile, but noticed they have not posted much lately. I do still come and read this forum though and see that not that many comments have been made. I unfollowed them on twitter, but still follow them on Instagram so I can see the kids. I was wondering if they tweeted why they have not been posting vlogs consistently then someone commented they did say they would now post every other day.

I feel like some major things are going on behind the scenes and they have finally admitted to themselves that their channel is dying and not generating enough income to pay the bills. They are not interested in making changes to improve their content, which disappoints me. If they would swallow their pride and ask some of their long-time faithful followers for feedback, things could be different.

I think Katie is taking classes and doing whatever she has to do to be licensed again so she can go back to work. I also feel that Cullen is going through some depression again based on the lack of vlogs and not posting much on Instagram. Usually when something is going on with him, he doesn't post much on social media. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am. I just wish they would get their act together. They used to put out some really good vlogs with good editing by Cullen.

I still like them and wish them the best even though they aggravate the crap out of me...lol.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Yeah, if they plan on uploading less then they better plan on stepping up their game and not just showing a little clip of their day.. I'm sure they will try and do a few vlogs catered to kids or some stupid skit thing but it's just not going to work with their audience.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

So much for quality over quantity. That vlog was crap. He just took a bunch of clips of the kids doing different things, and put title screens in-between. And this footage must have been from over a week ago when Brittany first posted her pregnancy announcement because Cullen was talking about it at the end.
captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

Today’s vlog was painful to watch. I got like 4 minutes in and had to turn it off.

The titles in between clips was horrible.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

They already discussed her pregnancy on their podcast so this was from a while back. Was Gaines talking about vlog working or Katie working else where?

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

This had to be before the beach trip. Culled called it "Two Times Tuesday ". On the vlog where they said they were going to post every other day, I understood that they wouldn't post a vlog on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

Wow Gaines is becoming something else. When they were drawing on the canvas and they both were supposed to have their own side and Cullen was paying attention to Brooks and trying to teach him to make a B. Gaines kept interrupting and then proceeded to write on Brooks side. I don't understand why they let her get away with things like that? If the situation was reversed they'd be complaining at how bad Brooks is and they can't control him. I really feel sorry for Brooks he's an adorable little boy (a typical one at that) who is virtually ignored in favor of his sister who is the perfect child (only in her parents minds). I don't blame Gaines I blame her parents for letting her get away with things that they would have never let her get away with before Brooks was born.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Ok so what I am gonna say here as a suggestion of what C&k'S demons might be is something people aren't really "supposed" to say. I just also want to make clear before I start that I do not think C&K are bad people or hurt anyone intentionally. This is just speculation on my part and I know nothing extra about the situation other than what they have said in the vlogs:

An old vlog came up on my recommended list today so I watched it- it was the vlog where Cullens dad died. After watching I now really think Cullen feels a lot of guilt and responsibility for how is father died and possibly blames Katie for some of also. They gave a lot of details in the vlog about Howards condition in the days leading up to his death, that morning etc and based off of that it comes across to me that they hadn't been taking the situation seriously enough. It really sounds like by the time Grandberry came he was in a very bad way yet it never occured to C&K to call an ambulance. My feelings on them being a bit lax about it all increased when later in the vlog they talked about Grandberry ringing saying they ought to come to the hospital soon and they decided to just finish editing KOTFS vlog and organise Gaines first.

I am not saying they could have prevented him dying (probably was only a matter of time anyway) and we only have limited info so I could be all wrong here but it just seems like they misjudged the emergency that was going on. I don't think there was bad intent on their part- of course not! But I do think some of their biggest flaws are laziness, complacency and Katie being all about Katie and just maybe those flaws contributed to events that day. I think you can see the feelings of guilt in Cullen in that vlog. Im thinking he resents Katie for deciding she organize Gaines before going as if it were a normal planned event rather than an emergency- like it was an emergency her parents could have coped with no instructions and if they had a car seat and house keys there would be no issue.
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

They waited too long to get help...
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

irishmiss wrote:Ok so what I am gonna say here as a suggestion of what C&k'S demons might be is something people aren't really "supposed" to say. I just also want to make clear before I start that I do not think C&K are bad people or hurt anyone intentionally. This is just speculation on my part and I know nothing extra about the situation other than what they have said in the vlogs:

An old vlog came up on my recommended list today so I watched it- it was the vlog where Cullens dad died. After watching I now really think Cullen feels a lot of guilt and responsibility for how is father died and possibly blames Katie for some of also. They gave a lot of details in the vlog about Howards condition in the days leading up to his death, that morning etc and based off of that it comes across to me that they hadn't been taking the situation seriously enough. It really sounds like by the time Grandberry came he was in a very bad way yet it never occured to C&K to call an ambulance. My feelings on them being a bit lax about it all increased when later in the vlog they talked about Grandberry ringing saying they ought to come to the hospital soon and they decided to just finish editing KOTFS vlog and organise Gaines first.

I am not saying they could have prevented him dying (probably was only a matter of time anyway) and we only have limited info so I could be all wrong here but it just seems like they misjudged the emergency that was going on. I don't think there was bad intent on their part- of course not! But I do think some of their biggest flaws are laziness, complacency and Katie being all about Katie and just maybe those flaws contributed to events that day. I think you can see the feelings of guilt in Cullen in that vlog. Im thinking he resents Katie for deciding she organize Gaines before going as if it were a normal planned event rather than an emergency- like it was an emergency her parents could have coped with no instructions and if they had a car seat and house keys there would be no issue.
Well if that's the case they haven't learnt a thing.

Still lazy.
Still complacent.
Still all about Katie.

By the way, did they make it to the hospital before his dad passed or no?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think we all have regrets and second thoughts on how we handle things like the sudden death of a loved one. Personal, but.. My FIL passed away suddenly (he had been sick, but we had no idea he was so near death) and we all have regrets on how things happened the day he died. I personally still hold a grudge against his dr and the dr's assistant for not being 100% up front with me (i was the only one there at the time) when he was sent home from the hospital the last time. We were not informed or told in anyway that they were basically sending him home to pass. They simply told me that everything they were doing at the hospital could be done at home, without any indication that what they actually meant was there is nothing more we can do. I get that they were trying to be as nice as they could, and trying not to upset me, but things would have gone completely differently if we were told before hand (they told us after he passed that they did not expect him to make it though the week at the point when they sent him home) that this was the end. I am a person that would rather not have things candy coated, and that's exactly what the PA did when she discharged him. there was no talk of hospice or even the end of life discussions you would normally have (we went through this with my grandfather, and the hospital did n excellent job of preparing us). When things went down hill super quickly less than 24 hours earlier none of us had any idea that would be the last time we saw him alive. We called 911 and he was taken to the hospital by ambulance. After over 48 hours with no sleep, we were all exhausted to the point that it was unsafe for any of us to drive and we called his sister who went to the hospital after him. He passed before my husband, his mother or I could get to the hospital. My mother in law still lives with that regret of not going after him (she was also one week post op for a hip replacement, so her mobility was questionable at best at this point) and being there with him when he passed. Of course hindsight is 20/20, so looking back i do think that the PA was letting me know there was nothing more they could do, but at the time, that was not at all how we took it, and like i said i do wish she would have been more straight forward and serious with me instead of laughing, cutting up and telling me if he wanted to go home then she would "absolutely let him do that!" with a smile and a laugh. When she admitted, in the ICU while we were there after he passed that she was "surprised he made it home" it took everything i had not to say something too her. I guess my point is that maybe they had no idea he was as bad as he was, maybe no one was serious enough with them to clue them in that this would be the end, and maybe the dr's didn't really know how bad he had gotten. It's hard for me to judge the actions of someone in their position, when i have been there myself and have terrible guilt and regret on how things happened, even though i don't think it was entirely our fault how things went down.

And to answer the question about if they got there before he passed, I do remember them including footage of Cullen being there in the ER and talking to his dad (Grandberry was there too and maybe one of the sisters? I'm not certain of that though) before he passed. I have no idea if Katie was there then, but I do remember Cullen being there when he passed. (I just looked back on the Vlog, Don't Take Any Moment for Granted, it starts with Cullen, GB and rachel in the ER talking to Annie on the phone, with his dad still alive at that point. Telling Annie not to rush to the hospital and risk it, that they were not sure how things would be going at that point)
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Wow with The clickbait! Stooped even lower for views. I started the vlog, pressed pause and read the comments...it’s Brittany’s baby. Turned it off.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Rewatching the whole vlog now ( man this is sad stuff...) i think that when they realized Howard was so sick (they mention he had a scheduled Dr's appt that day, bc he had started running a fever the night before) that they had no idea this was the end. I think they just thought he was super sick from the chemo and needed some fluids. I don't think they realized exactly how sick he was until he actually got to the hospital, especially since they were told that this kinda reaction was typical for chemo patients. they were told to call the dr if things got this bad, which they did, but i honestly think they just didn't realize at all that he was as sick as he really was.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The video has been up for an hour and already almost 100 dislikes. And so many angry comments.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:Rewatching the whole vlog now ( man this is sad stuff...) i think that when they realized Howard was so sick (they mention he had a scheduled Dr's appt that day, bc he had started running a fever the night before) that they had no idea this was the end. I think they just thought he was super sick from the chemo and needed some fluids. I don't think they realized exactly how sick he was until he actually got to the hospital, especially since they were told that this kinda reaction was typical for chemo patients. they were told to call the dr if things got this bad, which they did, but i honestly think they just didn't realize at all that he was as sick as he really was.
Does it really matter if they knew he was dying right away? They knew he was very sick, and Katie had other things she chose to do for Gaines first. I still think it’s weird, and though I’m sorry you can relate, this is a different situation and we don’t know what their situation was.

Turning the camera on on any emergency event like that now seems so unnatural and removed period. That’s not a memory anyone would want to look back on in their own life.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”