Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by HCB »

I didn’t catch her mentioning CC. Are acellus and CC related? I’ve missed all of this! We homeschool but use a mixture of curricula. I know of these 2 but not much.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I know Nikki from A Farmhouse Full dumped CC. I don't know anything about homeschooling though.

I just came to say, man, is all she does is shop now?
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

I bought a 4 bedroom house, I HAD TO HAVE IT. I envisioned my kids having their own rooms, and a playroom.

They use ONE room. ONE! I could of saved the money and just got a two bedroom. I don’t blame her for getting a smaller house. Kids don’t use up all the space you get for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I've never understood the obsession with classical conversations among my homeschooling Christian friends. The methods just seemed weird and all over the place but they're stressing out about doing everything "required" and it's like I thought that's why you homeschool to not have to conform.

So many boxes of crayons and scissors - maybe it's because we're not a large family but why don't the kids take care of their things or is it simply because she prefers "fresh" ones?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I totally think it's that she prefers fresh ones. Her shopping has always been overkill, but that's what brings the views.
I have my own personal issues with CC ... Ultimately, they aren't very large family friendly. Thats why I was shocked to hear her mention it.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm glad her focus remains on not the kids. So many mom vloggers go that way so I'd rather see her shopping and not much of her week homeschooling groups etc. Even so, I prefer the cooking videos.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by dahell »

So true about CC. I’ll admit, I was starting to feel a little pulled into the allure of it. Because my oldest is almost 15 and I thought maybe it would be a good thing for him in our home school. Then seeing Nicci (a farmhouse full), I checked into a bit. I was appreciative of her saying they stopped and why. It wouldn’t have worked for us at all (high school classes are WAY too far away) but the whole program wouldn’t have been a good fit I don’t think. On a “buying fresh curriculum/supplies” note.....I’m SO happy we need very little this year. Getting the newest set of student math materials (we have all the DVD’s and teacher manuals) is what does me in. It’s fun to buy new stuff but it gets overwhelming too. We might need a box of Ticonderoga’s and a few other things and I’m happy about that!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

dahell wrote:So true about CC. I’ll admit, I was starting to feel a little pulled into the allure of it. Because my oldest is almost 15 and I thought maybe it would be a good thing for him in our home school. Then seeing Nicci (a farmhouse full), I checked into a bit. I was appreciative of her saying they stopped and why. It wouldn’t have worked for us at all (high school classes are WAY too far away) but the whole program wouldn’t have been a good fit I don’t think. On a “buying fresh curriculum/supplies” note.....I’m SO happy we need very little this year. Getting the newest set of student math materials (we have all the DVD’s and teacher manuals) is what does me in. It’s fun to buy new stuff but it gets overwhelming too. We might need a box of Ticonderoga’s and a few other things and I’m happy about that!
I found an unopened box the other day in my basement and thought to myself, school shopping DONE lol

smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

wouldn't it have made more sense to put up the new shelves AFTER the painters came? Just me?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

smarlo wrote:wouldn't it have made more sense to put up the new shelves AFTER the painters came? Just me?
Yes. I was thinking -aren't they secured to the wall? I guess that's what house sitters are for.

HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

I think the dining room is already done because when she was looking at paint cards she was trying to match the color in there by memory. (If I remember correctly)
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

She's going live on Saturday

Wonder if Travis will have the kids out in the forest?

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Do people actually pay for those meal planning kits? Let alone for $15? I mean they must since it's part of how she supports her family with her website but yeah I can't imagine paying that much for that I can buy an entire cookbook for that much.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

DoodleBop2 wrote:Do people actually pay for those meal planning kits? Let alone for $15? I mean they must since it's part of how she supports her family with her website but yeah I can't imagine paying that much for that I can buy an entire cookbook for that much.
Id be embarrassed to show my husband her recipes after I purchased them.

shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Yea her recipes are disgusting i can’t imagine anyone paying for them. I wonder how much she really makes off of her website and YouTube because she buys the cheapest food possible.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Most of those recipes I couldn't get my family to eat. Granted everyone has different tastes but yeah. If her husband isn't working and most of her kids are walking\talking\potty trained\can do things on her own - I wonder why meals seem to be so much of a struggle. I get that she says this is a season of life they're in but yeah.

I wish I had a sharp shopper the cheap yogurt\cheese would be nice.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

As much as she buys spices, Id say they have a warped palate
80085 wrote:
DoodleBop2 wrote:Most of those recipes I couldn't get my family to eat. Granted everyone has different tastes but yeah. If her husband isn't working and most of her kids are walking\talking\potty trained\can do things on her own - I wonder why meals seem to be so much of a struggle. I get that she says this is a season of life they're in but yeah.

I wish I had a sharp shopper the cheap yogurt\cheese would be nice.
"this season of life" but it's been the same way since she started youtube...? lol her whole family just has a bland palate and she CBA to make real food.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What is her thing with "trim healthy mama" is that just another blog that came up with some diet? Is it basically a rebranding of low carb? Seems like the only moms doing it are other bloggers\YouTubers like they are all supporting\promoting each other. Literally, when I googled it most of the first 2 pages were other blogs or work at home moms promoting it. Feels like how many bloggers\vloggers are part of MLM. It also seems to be the ones who are doing it all seem to have large families and to save money feed their large families whatever happens to be on sale or can be made into a casserole.

Generally I like Jamerrill but this whole I'm on Trim Healthy Mama low carb oh hey an entire container of Halo Top Ice Cream -- another YouTube mom thing is all the fracking Halo ice cream.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Halo Top is gross. Just eat regular ice cream if u need a treat and limit urself to one serving. It’s not that hard. I’d rather enjoy my 300 calories than gorge on some shitty substitute for real food.

I just don’t understand why she has to make 53 meals in one day and store them in a freezer so she has food for a month. I mean i don’t have 8 kids and an obese husband do maybe i don’t understand why it’s so hard to just cook each meal as it comes. But other than that i like her and her channel.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I do make THM meals and drinks. I heard about it through a christian homeschooling mom facebook group.
Two sisters wrote the books.
I dont follow the diet daily, but some of the meals ideas are good. I crave the singing canary drink once in a while.

Return to “I-P”