Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

OldHag
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by OldHag »

I couldn't tell if her husband went to the fair with them. Hopefully he was the one filming and not because he's too out of shape or too socially anxious to do stuff with the family.

I was surprised at how filthy her house was, but appreciate her "realness"!
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

OldHag wrote:I couldn't tell if her husband went to the fair with them. Hopefully he was the one filming and not because he's too out of shape or too socially anxious to do stuff with the family.

I haven’t watched the video. Did she actually hire a housekeeper? Did she say why? They’re all home majority of them time. Does she not deligate chores to the kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
OldHag wrote:I couldn't tell if her husband went to the fair with them. Hopefully he was the one filming and not because he's too out of shape or too socially anxious to do stuff with the family.

I haven’t watched the video. Did she actually hire a housekeeper? Did she say why? They’re all home majority of them time. Does she not deligate chores to the kids?

She hired two and they’ll be coming once a week. Between homeschooling and her multiple businesses she just feels like she doesn’t have a full afternoon to devote to deep cleaning. While her and the kids do chores and keep things relatively clean, she needs help with the more daunting stuff like deep cleaning the carpets or getting in the nooks and crannies. They did clean all the toys and stuff up off the floors before the housekeepers got there.

I don’t blame her for this. If she has the money to get that kind of help, i mean with 8 kids and multiple self-employed jobs including being their teacher, she shouldn’t feel bad about getting some professional help with cleaning the house.

I’ve noticed her videos are getting more professional. Her eldest is 18 now and is working on a career in photography and directing (pretty sure he edits her videos) and the two of them recently went to a workshop about YouTube and filming. Doesn’t seem like her husband has been working (i think he went back to school for mechanics?) so i think it’s great she is working so hard on becoming successful with youtube.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

She's the main if not the only income earner. She homeschools. Something has to give. Just because women can do it all doesn't mean we should HAVE to do it all. I cannot imagine being the one making the money and then also being expected to do the majority of the chores, errands, laundry too. She says husband helps but IDK.

More women should hire a housekeeper if they can afford it. We can't right now but if you can don't think of it as selfish.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ok having someone do a deep clean makes sense. I understand that.

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Since she can afford it, more power to her. I was just surprised at how dirty especially the bedrooms got if the children are doing regular chores which you'd think would include sweeping, vacuuming, All the crap under the bed seems the dust in the air would be unhealthy to sleep in. I was disappointed the cleaners didn't actually clean the carpets, they still look gross. Those Rug Doctor machines take time, but they do work.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just watched it. I’m surprised but at the same time not surprised with how dirty it was. Most kids are messy, especially when you have a couple in a room. She would definitely benefit from getting rid of a bunch of stuff in their rooms as well. A good declutter would help them so much. I hope she can hire a special carpet cleaning service to actually do those carpets. They still looked bad after the cleaning ladies did them.
I wish we could have a cleaning service lol. I’m just a mom of one, and she’s 2 months old and I find it incredibly difficult to keep up with basic chores. I totally understand her reasoning lol

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

No shame in hiring outside help.

That carpet was still gross.
Back to ikea for new rugs

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

I’m confused why her last few videos are so short and simply cut off at the end. Maybe her editor son was busy but they were kind of crappy.
I totally think it’s great for her to hire help if she can afford it. I’d rather see her spend money on that than “fresh stuffed animals” or “fresh toys” for the kids. They seem to have so much crap! Which, hello, I get it with 8 kids. It’s funny though because some of the bigger families I know irl are SO good about purging and not bringing crap into their homes. Their homes are usually so clean and organized and clutter free. But, anyway, I hope the home cleaners take some of her burden off. I’m sure my husband would love a break and to not work so hard but he would go crazy being around the house and not contributing to the finances. NOT saying men as “at home dads” don’t contribute, just saying my husband would lose it. Her husband seems to have a pretty sweet gig. Goes back to school. Graduates. Buys “toys” and works around the yard and stuff. Jamerrill could use the help! And, from what I’ve heard, it’s WORK getting your home ready for the cleaners too. You have to have it picked up and organized to make the cleaning beneficial. It helps keep people on top of their every day tasks.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Yea her latest short videos are weird. Seems like she is rebranding? She said something about doing live shows soon. I don’t know. Does she have a big enough audience to make substantial money through YouTube?

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

She said she has 10 businesses. My daughter wants to be a digital content writer. On indeed ive come across a few blogs advertising .. Havent seen hers but im curious to know more about her mega motherhood empire.

Her yt thumbnails look like she's rebranding.. Or trying new lighting or vlog techniques.

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

shilohjulia wrote:Yea her latest short videos are weird. Seems like she is rebranding? She said something about doing live shows soon. I don’t know. Does she have a big enough audience to make substantial money through YouTube?

I wonder. I think most of her income was through her blog/website wasn’t it? I wonder if it’s faultering or she’s looking at upping the YT profits?
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

She runs Free Homeschool Deals (or something along those lines) and from what I’ve gathered in over 3 years of watching, it’s pretty lucrative.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Why does she always refer to her husband as Mr Travis? That’s off putting to me. Maybe it’s regional?

Unread post by Guest »

I think it’s a Jamerrill thing. She often refers to her kids as “Mr. Benjamin,” “Miss Amelia,” etc.
Pyro1309
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pyro1309 »

Anyone think she’ll have more babies soon?

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

With her age, if she has another one more and she'll be done. Ben might very well be the last, even more so, with her being the main income earner.

So I know she's on a new diet before it was always "Trim Healthy mama" and now it's "keto" and no sugar etc etc. I saw she did keto family meals for the whole family. Is that a IRL thing or just something YouTube moms do where mom wants to lose weight so the whole family goes on the diet. I saw her kids eating not Keto things but yeah planning keto meals for everyone.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think she'll have more. She's only like 38/39 years old. I see 4 more to add to the large family brand.

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

For some reason, I thought she was in her mid 40s.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

DoodleBop2 wrote:With her age, if she has another one more and she'll be done. Ben might very well be the last, even more so, with her being the main income earner.

So I know she's on a new diet before it was always "Trim Healthy mama" and now it's "keto" and no sugar etc etc. I saw she did keto family meals for the whole family. Is that a IRL thing or just something YouTube moms do where mom wants to lose weight so the whole family goes on the diet. I saw her kids eating not Keto things but yeah planning keto meals for everyone.
Her kids definitely don’t eat keto a majority of the time, and she’s admitted she does a modified keto quite a bit also. She’ll make her big freezer meals keto friendly and then serve the kids pasta and have zoodles or something with hers. I saw in the comments yesterday she lost 15 pounds. Her meals have never seemed super healthy so I think it’s good if her healthier cooking transfers over a bit to her big meals for everyone.

I can see her having at least one more baby also.

Return to “I-P”