sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flying in a rage against those who pay my wage | Part 17

Unread post by sheltiefan »

gopedjane wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:It really feels like some sort of transition/struggle is happening within their home. Maybe they move realized Bollie isn’t working? Or maybe cookbook sales were slower than expected?

Joel mentioned going to P&G a few months back. Maybe he’s returned to work and Bonnie isn’t happy about it?

Something sure feels like it’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the vibe that I am getting too. I was at first thinking that maybe they were on the rocks, but I like this theory of him going back to work.
I think Joel has gone back to work too. Thought came to my mind on that yesterday. I didn't watch their vlogs when Joel quit working but didn't they keep that fact from the viewers at first? He hasn't been in videos nearly as much lately, and I think they are repeating what they did when he stopped working and are keeping it from their viewers.
theyellow_daisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theyellow_daisy »

That video is 100 percent a new channel trailer. Maybe she's re-branding herself as a "beauty/lifestyle guru" with occasional family vlogs, since the big kids are gone for most of the day now. She can just use Lincoln for the advertisement videos.
lindsallday
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lindsallday »

I wouldn’t blame Joel a bit. Every time I see Bonnie smack his face it infuriates me. The simple fact that she refused to change the channel name from Bonnie Hoellein to Bonnie and Joel was so narcissistic.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lindsallday wrote:I wouldn’t blame Joel a bit. Every time I see Bonnie smack his face it infuriates me. The simple fact that she refused to change the channel name from Bonnie Hoellein to Bonnie and Joel was so narcissistic.

Actually, this one she would have taken a lot of heat for. When it came out that Joel quit, people were criticizing and saying that they were becoming just like every other channel and that soon the name would be “Bonnie and Joel.” Bonnie responded and said the channel is still primarily hers and wouldn’t change (but it really did).

They created a Facebook page and called it “Bonnie and Joel” and people had a fit about it. Joel never became a social media presence and didn’t seem interested in engaging people himself, so I think the name was fine to remain Bonnie’s in this case.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I just watched the ladys LDS comment is spot on.. Felt like she watched a conference and

She is hilarious with her little "being kind benefits others"
Girl please, kid traumatic incident and mom laughing video in 3...2...1

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

Just wow what a B
YTIUH wrote:Here is how nasty Bonnie responds to a comment under her new channel trailer where she preaches about *kindness*

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... dfb68f.jpg[/img]
Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Something is definitely up-Joel missed the golfing deal and Eve's birthday party.

I will give Ellie props on one thing in her vlog today. They were making cards for Eve and Ellie asked Cody (I think) to lick the envelope and he didn't want to do it in front of the camera. Ellie said okay and turned the camera away from him. That is not what Bonnie would have done!!! That would have been like a red flag in front of a bull-she would make sure to video it and not let it be cut out when edited either!
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

You know, for all the questionable things Ellie has said and done, I’ve never thought to call her a b*tch. I think a lot of her issues stem from the way she was brought up and undiagnosed mental health issues.

Bonnie, on the other hand, the way she has been acting as of late and the way she is dealing with her followers, there is no other way around it- she’s acting like a b*tch!!!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sheltiefan wrote:Something is definitely up-Joel missed the golfing deal and Eve's birthday party.

I will give Ellie props on one thing in her vlog today. They were making cards for Eve and Ellie asked Cody (I think) to lick the envelope and he didn't want to do it in front of the camera. Ellie said okay and turned the camera away from him. That is not what Bonnie would have done!!! That would have been like a red flag in front of a bull-she would make sure to video it and not let it be cut out when edited either!
I think that’s a bit of a reach. Ellie may get props for respecting her Brice’s and nephews free will (very debatable), but she doesn’t give her own children that courtesy. We don’t see Bonnie pushing Jackson in the same way she would her kids either.

Cody and Olivia have made it pretty clear that they aren’t huge fans of Aunt Ellie’s. I think Ellie giving Cody a pass was more about not wanting to deal with an obstinate child, than about any desire to respect them.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Refrigerator_Light wrote:You know, for all the questionable things Ellie has said and done, I’ve never thought to call her a b*tch. I think a lot of her issues stem from the way she was brought up and undiagnosed mental health issues.

Bonnie, on the other hand, the way she has been acting as of late and the way she is dealing with her followers, there is no other way around it- she’s acting like a b*tch!!!
She tried to get an employee fired that did nothing to her. That’s fairly bitchy.

Bonnie is being a bitch, but I have no doubt she thinks she’s responding to haters. Plus we have no idea what mental health or personal issues she has going on.

Neither get a pass from me for treating others poorly. Nope.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:You know, for all the questionable things Ellie has said and done, I’ve never thought to call her a b*tch. I think a lot of her issues stem from the way she was brought up and undiagnosed mental health issues.

She tried to get an employee fired that did nothing to her. That’s fairly bitchy.

Bonnie is being a bitch, but I have no doubt she thinks she’s responding to haters. Plus we have no idea what mental health or personal issues she has going on.

Neither get a pass from me for treating others poorly. Nope.

Yes, that was a shitty thing to do... but like I said, Ellie was raised thinking her ‘shit don’t stink’ by everyone around her! The old videos from her childhood show everyone bending over backwards to please Ellie.... and Jared continues this.

Both Ellie and Bonnie are people I’d run from if I saw them coming, lol, but right now the way Bonnie is responding to everything is over the top! If there is something more going on, then she should just talk about it! This nasty, in your face haters mentality sucks. They better show up next week with a pregnancy announcement or a new house in order to win back their viewers!!!
lindsallday
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lindsallday »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lindsallday wrote:I wouldn’t blame Joel a bit. Every time I see Bonnie smack his face it infuriates me. The simple fact that she refused to change the channel name from Bonnie Hoellein to Bonnie and Joel was so narcissistic.

Actually, this one she would have taken a lot of heat for. When it came out that Joel quit, people were criticizing and saying that they were becoming just like every other channel and that soon the name would be “Bonnie and Joel.” Bonnie responded and said the channel is still primarily hers and wouldn’t change (but it really did).

They created a Facebook page and called it “Bonnie and Joel” and people had a fit about it. Joel never became a social media presence and didn’t seem interested in engaging people himself, so I think the name was fine to remain Bonnie’s in this case.

Actually I wasn’t talking about any kind of heat she would have taken, though there were criticisms on each side. I do still think it is narcissistic of her to refuse to mention her family in the name of the channel, which is a family vlogging channel. I think now most viewers would be fine in the name change because most of us enjoy Joel’s content over Bonnie’s sometimes.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Today's vlog was IMO a response to the "haters" comments the last few weeks on her vlogs. The way she closed yesterday's, I thought there wasn't going to be one today. I just went there by chance and seen it.

The title definitely fits what is happening right now!
cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

I finally unsubscribed today. I know no one really cares, least of all them, but yeah. Her attitude has really been bothering me this year and I've thought about unsubscribing a couple of times. But these vlogs this last week have just been absolutely pointless - kids wrapping gifts, flossing, eyebrows. And when she is vlogging, the kids are running wild in public, licking her armpits, or unbuckled on the highway. Really, what is there to even engage in anymore? And Bonnie seems more interested in "sticking it to" her "haters" or being snarky/snotty with her viewers (mind you, the people who PAY HER BILLS) than producing quality content anymore. Her attitude is absolutely "I'll produce what I want and you'll shut up and like it" which is something that will be lost on her minions, but to everyone else...I promise she's going to start losing steam.

I'll check in here from time to time, but otherwise, I am absolutely uninterested in what this family does moving forward. I have been following them since way before Lincoln was even a thought. The way that this channel has changed and Bonnie especially stinks, but she is not going going to change. She lacks the self awareness to recognize and admit fault. And honestly, this attitude of "I'll produce what I want to produce" only works if Youtube is a hobby. When you are 100% reliant on viewers (because sponsorships mostly come from viewership), you actually DO have to care about what your viewers have to say. Your viewers are free to exercise their right to go elsewhere - and trust me, they will. Bonnie's entire attitude just comes off like she feels as if everything about this is a burden. Her responses to people and the lazy content have absolutely made me feel as if she thinks the viewers are a burden. Producing vlogs is a BURDEN. Producing consistent content is a BURDEN. Answering questions/comments from viewers is a BURDEN. In this regard, she is very much like Ellie. She would be happiest if everyone just shut up and clapped like trained seals every time she dropped a three minute video of Lincoln eating oatmeal. Honey, this "original, fun, creative" content you've been producing lately has been a snoozefest. If it's so burdensome to produce vlogs/actual content, then maybe take a pause and step back and reevaluate. Because these comments are just going to keep flowing. Bonnie has a core group of "supporters/minions", but the large majority of people are seeing through the cracks of this channel.
ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

LilaRose wrote:
gopedjane wrote:Do you think that something is actually going on? Like her and Joel are on the Rocks? This is why they went away together and it didn't go well so she is lashing out at her audience. I don't know this just seems extreme and very over the top. Just take a break or ignore the comments if you don't care what people think (supposedly).
b2018-09-06_16-48-24.jpg
b2018-09-06_16-46-12.jpg
Maybe there is something going on with Joel. She is the one who's filming these one take videos (or putting the camera up, for that matter), Joel is nowhere to be seen. Plus Joel is the one editing, but suddenly she is putting out these videos where there isn't much to edit anyway.... Plus Joel doesn't seem to be the kind of person who would reply to simple questions in such a rude and nasty way.
Maybe Joel went back to work a real job and she can’t handle the children anymore (even though they are in school AND she has Bree)

mparadise
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mparadise »

Wow can't believe Bonnie is being so rude. I haven't watched her in a while as I haven't been watching much youtube lately but wow.

This is why I preferred her (and other youtubers) before they turn it into a full time job. They become unhinged and money hungry once they're full time. Why not have at least a part time normal job... to remind you that you aren't Queen of the World! Sheesh.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

I've been commenting on her (cruddy) videos on my phone. I can still see them on my phone, but when I go on my computer (my work account) I can't find my personal comments anywhere. They've been less than praising so I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or if she's been deleting them. Her attitude needs CHECKED. Go to church. Read an extra chapter of the book of mormon, something. Dang.
We all know she can't cut hair and she refused a proper education, so not sure what's she's going to do when this all goes South for her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

angelfire89 wrote:
YTIUH wrote:Here is how nasty Bonnie responds to a comment under her new channel trailer where she preaches about *kindness*

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... dfb68f.jpg[/img]
I haven’t seen it but there is NO WAY that a 90 second clip took 12 hours to film and 4 days to edit. It’s just not possible unless that is one AMAZING clip (but coming from Bonnie, I highly doubt it.)
I was just thinking exactly the same thing! 12 hours to film, and 4 DAYS to edit a 90 second clip? Sure, Jan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Hitting a million subs is a big deal for YTers because they can make a good wage just selling their stuff to the viewers they have. It’s the target number. The idea is that 2% of viewers will buy your product. Say you sell a book (it’s usually a book) for $20 to 2% of your subs, that’s still more money than most people make in a year. If Bonnie made $5 off every book purchase, she’d still be making 6 figures. Thing is, Bonnie tried that, and I’m guessing it isn’t going well... back to the channel and the daily grind it is, hence the new trailer. She’s lashing out at her old audience because they didn’t buy her shit like she thought they would. She never should have gone into business with her sisters, because they share the same audience. Let’s say the cookbook manages to sell to 2% of Ruby’s audience (assuming she also shares most of the others’ viewers). Ok, so if they sold 36k books and made $5 on each after subtracting costs, then each Griffith family stands to make $30k. Not bad huh? Not enough to live off, plus they lose 9% to tithing. Plus let’s be real for a sec, this is a VERY GENEROUS estimate. Plus undoubtedly some Griffiths put all the work in while others only showed up for photo ops.

Bonnie and Ellie are used to spending 6 figures. 27k is a nice bonus for the average person that enjoys what they are doing, but it isn’t the WAY OUT that Bonnie and Ellie surely thought it would be. Add in the criticism of Bollie as a whole, and there’s no doubt they are hating their mom audience right now and feeling like the viewers let them down by expecting quality items and daring to ask questions. She ne as new subs that are willing to buy get stuff, hence the rebranding (which isn’t really rebranding at all). Maybe “nice” and “not mean” LDS women will buy their products?

She seems bitter and angry. She and Ellie have trapped themselves into a job they clearly hate. They could get outside jobs, grow up and move on, but they won’t.

gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

queenc13 wrote:I've been commenting on her (cruddy) videos on my phone. I can still see them on my phone, but when I go on my computer (my work account) I can't find my personal comments anywhere. They've been less than praising so I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or if she's been deleting them. Her attitude needs CHECKED. Go to church. Read an extra chapter of the book of mormon, something. Dang.
We all know she can't cut hair and she refused a proper education, so not sure what's she's going to do when this all goes South for her.
That means that either your entire account is blocked for commenting or you are using blocked words. You can see them but no one else can.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”